Persona: Frame Heart || IC || Bonds

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Persona: Frame Heart || IC || Bonds

Postby Berry-tan » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:06 pm

Group 1 - In Front of the Mysterious Cinema - After School

On the way to the the theater Natsumi had carefully worked her way through the Moya-Moya cone with ease thanks to the warm temperature of the day. It was refreshing to try something new and to see what the stores were selling. Hinake's detour was just an accident and Natsumi didn't do anything to aggravate the situation. But reaching the theater seemed like a bit of an anti-climax. Maybe she had been watching too many of those odd suspense mysteries with her brothers but it almost seemed too normal, right down to the teenaged girl sitting at the ticket booth.

A girl who seemed to vehemently want to deny them entrance, telling them to leave... Why would someone working for a theater do that? But Masato's words were ringing in her ear. Needed to be there...

Welcome...... Velvet Room......

"The Velvet Room..." The first time she spoke it was soft, only loud enough for the closest to hear, as if she were tasting the words. The old man in her dream had mentioned the velvet room. But if she mentioned such a strange name and it didn't work she'd have to explain herself and why she came... But she had to try at least, or they'd never get in.

Joining the others in front of the booth, natsumi slipped up beside Ryuji and bit her lip for a moment. "The Velvet Room. Is that what's inside?"
Last edited by Berry-tan on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monday, Sept. 03, 2012

Postby Jay » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:44 pm

Group 1 - In Front of the Mysterious Cinema - After School - Cloudy

> Hearing the word "Velvet Room", Satsuki's expression turns grim.
> The atmosphere becomes that much heavier.
"Unfortunately, no. The 'Velvet Room' is not here."
> She glances off towards the sky, through the musty window panes that make up much of the ceiling.
"... Just a bunch of kids, huh...?"
> She refocuses her attention and stops musing.
"Okay, I can give you entrance. It'll all be explained inside."
> Satsuki returns to her desk, and moves to press a switch.
> The double doors silently open. As light enters its hall, a petite, white-haired doll dressed in navy blue greets them with a stiff curtsy.
> The girl motions for them to follow her in.

> Satsuki briefly gets up to look over at the group.
""Ah, before I forget. I am Ono Satsuki; I am in charge of this doorway. Good luck."
> As you look away, you notice Satsuki folding out a curious set of piano keys--like a keyboard, but of ivory and polished black--from her desk.
> She stretches her hands, as if preparing to play.
> You don't see any wires coming from her desk, nor does the size of the desk seem like it could possibly contain a piano.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Just post some thoughts or dialogue, and then I'll drag you in.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby Cascade » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:20 pm

Masato, miffed by the girl's rebuffing, opened his mouth to speak, but promptly silenced himself. What would she say to his real reason for being there? What would the others think? Why did he even care?
In that case, it would have been better for him simply to walk inside. She didn't look like a professional ticket taker. If he couldn't get in because of his age...
"Then, is it 'that' kind of theater?"

But it was impossible. The strange feeling within him wouldn't sleep, and standing there any longer would leave him unsatisfied. He could explain himself to the others in due time.

Before he could walk straight forward past Satsuki, Natsumi, normally quiet, spoke up.

"Velvet Room"

He froze, mid-step.
The name... he'd never heard it in his waking life. It wasn't Japanese, yet he felt an intimate connection with the syllables comprising its vague pronunciation. He mouthed the words silently as time seemed to stop in his mind.

"Yes... that's it... That's the name! The place within dreams."
The theater that existed within his mind's eye that night was now before him. He was sure of it. The excitement he felt was as inexpressible as the fleeting image of the dream he'd had.

"Ridiculous. You've heard that name too, huh?"

He knew it was strange to feel so thrilled when the future promised in the Velvet Room he saw was an enigma, but it filled him with an energy nothing in his current life seemed to truly give him.
Since he was stunned, he could only manage a simple "thank you" as Satsuki stepped aside. A strange, pale girl was beckoning them inside. He'd walk towards the door and enter, though his mind was filled with questions; how Natsumi knew the same thing as him, whether Shiori and Ryuji had experienced the same dream, what Hinake had to do with everything.

Somehow though, he felt everything would fall into place naturally once he entered those two doors.
FUKKATSU

Postby Imenak » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:15 pm

Group 1 - Mysterious Cinema

Ryuji staggered back from the box like he had been fatally wounded, scarcely noticing that Shiori had elbowed him, though reacting with the proper physical response nonetheless. What... what is this uncouth woman? He turned to Masato, and looked like he would fiercely grab him by the collar. Fortunately, he seemed to resist the impulse, and remained where he was. "H-Hero! I cannot comprehend this! Perhaps I have been too spoiled by all this recent events of moé, but how can one woman be so uncute?!" Ryuji remarked flabbergasted, covering his entire face with one hand as if an attempt to shield himself from such horror. One eye could still see through his fingers, and looked towards his classmate as if he was expecting him to do something about it. Luckily, this peculiar breakdown didn't persist, as something else was quick to recall the odd boy to his ordinary unordinary sense reality. "The Velvet Room?" he echoed in his mind when he heard Natsumi speak of it. Immediately, that name, and the dream with it, because top priority within his mind. Yes... the Velvet Room. That was the reason for his curiosity towards this place, in spite of the incredible non-moe nature of that vivid sleeping hallucination. But... how does Natsumi know of it?

And Masato too?! Could they have read his mind? Or, perhaps, all shared the same dream? What a manga-like development! Yes! Things were certainly back on course again! Ryuji stood straight up and removed his hand from his face, although not before readjusting his glasses. " 'Heard the name too'? So you know of this 'Velvet Room' as well, Hero? I, too, have had a dream concerning it. Could I assume you have as well, Tsundere Girl and Loli-chan?" he asked the other two girls, apparently deciding to forgo the use of their real names like he had with Masato. Ryuji then looked ahead as the doors opened, and a strange-looking individual beckoned them in. Appropriately, the "Hero" was ready to oblige, and Ryuji himself decided to wait until the rest of this 'party' followed suit.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Re: Monday, Sept. 03, 2012

Postby Deena » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:25 am

Velvet Room.

The moment Natsumi casted those hauntingly familiar words, Shiori paled as if she were under a spell. She turned and eyed her friend; there was no humor in her voice. She was perfectly serious. Masato and...yes, even the super-idiot Ryuji had heard those two words somewhere. Was it silly to think that they had the same dream? No, no way. Shiori bit her bottom lip, unsure of what to say in the least. Maybe they heard about it from a magazine? No, Ryuji said he saw it in a dream. Then again, it was Ryuji. He was the definition of a whack job. Even Masato seemed to be familiar with it, though, and Natsumi was the one who mentioned it in the first place. Still, was this the same Velvet Room she was thinking of? Things like learning about a place you've never been to except in your dream was something straight from a fairy tale, wasn't it? Things were getting weird...they were far too strange. But...Shiori clenched her slender little fingers into determined fists.

But she couldn't leave Natsumi.

"Who do you think you're calling a tsundere, idiot?" sneered Shiori with a murderous tone. She took Natsumi's wrist delicately, as if she were touching glass, and her menacing glare at Ryuji immediately switched to an uncomfortable looking expression. Even at a time like this, attempting to be reassuring without seeming menacing was a difficult endeavor for the girl. For Natsumi, however, she put up a valiant effort. "Natsu-chan, you...d-did you really see it? The Velvet Room?...I-If that place is what you think it is, then I think I should go ahead of you, alright? Things are getting a little too strange."

Postby Berry-tan » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:37 pm

Part of her hadn't expected those strange words to do anything but earn her questioning looks from her classmates and a swift dismissal from the stubborn Satsuki. But instead like a stone in a peaceful pond, her words seemed to raised reactions in everyone in the scene except for Hinake. And it seemed like the dream had followed for weeks wasn't exclusive only to her. It felt like she had started something with those three small words that wouldn't let any of them turn back.

"Then... we've all had this same dream?" How was that possible? People couldn't share dreams, could they? Her thoughts nearly distracted her from everything else, but Shiori's hand on her wrist grounded her back in reality. It was comforting to have her best friend there, somehow making the situation seem safer than would have been if she'd been without her. It was amazing the confidence one could get just having a friend nearby.

"I'm sure we'll be okay, Shiori-chan." She replied with a smile. "But..." She glanced back at Hinake. "What about Hinake-chan?" She didn't seem involved, would it be fair to take her someplace strange when she never had asked for it? "Maybe we should have her go home..."
Last edited by Berry-tan on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monday, September 03, 2012

Postby Jay » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:05 pm

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6Lf26RkS7k - Replace the vocal with a similar arrangement by a string instrument, along with an undercurrent of plucked strings)

> Being aloof, Hinake's missed most of the conversation.
> When everyone begins entering, Hinake follows.
> Neither Satsuki nor the albino youth raises any complaints about her following in.
> Once everyone's entered, the double doors close.
> The girl receives them, and despite the darkness, leads them quickly to their seats in the otherwise empty cinema.
> She affords a slight bow, and moves to a stool towards the front of the theater.
> She takes up a large instrument with 7 bow strings and joins the piano that has already started.

> The sound of a projector: the screen lights up. 4. 3. 2. 1.
"Ah! It's that weird guy!"
> The image of a familiar old man is shown. He sits alone in a nondescript room.
> His gleefully enunciated words are nostalgic.
"Welcome to the Velvet Room... is what I would like to say. Unfortunately, I am unable to welcome you into it, due to various circumstances. My name is Igor, and I will be your guide on this small slice of destiny you five have come across."
> Igor turns towards the white-haired girl, as if he is able to look at you through the screen.
"The one playing a baryton is Innocentia. She is my assistant, and she will be assisting you on your journey."
> He turns to look at you.
"I cannot say much more about your destinies, however.
But I can say that very soon, very close to you, the peril that has already set upon your life will make itself known.
Please remember this cinema. Until then, farewell and good fortunes.
"

> The projector stops. The lights slowly switch on.
> Innocentia continues playing.

Postby Cascade » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:15 am

~Mysterious Cinema~

Following the white, spirit-like girl to his seat, nostalgic feelings returned to Masato, as they had in the dream. Not unlike confusion but far more comforting, if that were even possible; he found himself submerged in the enigma room's profound darkness. The light from the old projector came on, accompanied by the rustic whirring of a film reel, and in that instant, he felt as if the pulsing glow flattened him, pushing him back into the shadows, and for a moment, he felt as if he himself was one of them. He felt as if his body was disappearing as his mind regressed into a dream-like state, just as that night before. The image was all there was.

A strange man, but no stranger, spoke in ambiguous terms about a peril that had fallen over all of them. Despite himself, the first thought that came to Masato's mind was Goryo,, spirits that brought misfortune or disaster to many. That was nothing particularly impressive to him. Ever one to grab the short end of the stick, it was second nature to him to make do with what poor fortune he had, complaining in good humor. Masato would smirk if he could focus on anything but the screen.

It was not likely a wide misfortune. The peril that this "Igor" spoke of sounded more personal than universal. But, if that was so, then it was a peril shared by this select group of people, most of whom Masato only barely knew. He mulled over what possible connection he could have to a creepy otaku, an irritable, sporty girl, the saintly class idol, and the spoiled princess daughter of his school's principal. The short film ended as he was ruminating over shared favorite foods.

Continuing to play the strange string instrument that looked entirely too massive and complex for her remarkably delicate frame, "Innocentia" seemed to be the only one left to answer their questions, save perhaps Satsuki. Remembering his body once more, Masato raised himself from his chair first and turned to her. The doll-like appearance of the girl seized his fascination.

"... That was... interesting."
He gazed downwards, rather than stare at the playing girl.
"Definitely not one of 'those' theaters."

He shot a glance to the others. A far off tone entered his quiet voice.

"'Destiny,' huh... Sure feels like it."

He hated to admit it, but it sounded a lot to him like a fantasy novel. Or, appropriately, a dream inspired by one.
FUKKATSU

Postby Deena » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:32 am

Shiori gripped Natsumi's sleeve throughout the projector's display. That man in the video...the white haired girl with the instrument twice her size...it was all far too familiar to Shiori, and she had the feeling that it was the same for her classmates that had come here with her. "Destiny..." she repeated after Masato. Shiori narrowed her brows. There was something very strange going on here, and for Natsumi's sake, it was best if she got at least the both of them out of here. "Natsu-chan, let's go. This is too strange."

Postby Berry-tan » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:52 am

Group 1 - Mysterious Cinema - After School

The moment they were seated in the cinema, a feeling of nostalgia swept through Natsumi. This was all so familiar. This was her dream, merged into the waking world in a way that should have been impossible. His words about destiny and peril didn't make her afraid as they ought to have. Instead it just made that nostalgic feeling stronger. Destiny was such a strong word to use... All she could imagine with those words was a red string of fate tying them all together.

As the doll-like girl played her music, Natsumi almost got lost in thought before Shiori brought her back to earth. "Ah? But... what Igor-san said seemed important." Part of her wanted to obeyher best friend's urgings and leave, but that nostalgic feeling was still heavy in her chest and demanding that she stay, and the way he spoke of peril made her worry. What if it was true? What if it was going to affect her loved ones?
Last edited by Berry-tan on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Imenak » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:08 pm

Ryuji was miraculously silent for a few moments after the projector stopped playing, seemingly deep in thought. There was a sense of concern or worry on his face, and he seemed to be reacting 'normally' to the bizarre situation for the first time ever. He glanced between his classmates, and then briefly looked at the doll-like girl named 'Innocentia'. He then nodded to himself, as if thinking something like 'Ah, of course!' "I must say..." he began to speak, "I was hoping the proprietor of our destiny to be a bit less... a man. However, this encounter certainly lines up with our past experience, so I suppose consistency is important. Innocentia can fill the quota for moé well enough." So much for normal. He, as strangely as ever, glossed over the more troubling aspects of what this 'Igor' had said, and seemed to still be in his own world. Either that, or he was simply leaving his concerns to himself. "In any case," he continued, adjusting his glasses as he spoke, "Is that all there is left for us here?"
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Cascade » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:50 pm

For a second, the other boy in the group looked at Ryuji with amazement. He seemed utterly nonplussed. Whereas within Masato's mind, dozens of connections were sparking and snapping. The revelation of all individuals sharing a dream was one thing. But whatever went on in the electric fields of their unconscious minds, his conscious mind was anchored in the physical world. Outside of the movies he watched and games he played, what Igor spoke of was fantasy. "Destiny" did not exist in the realm of meaningless molecules. Since entering the dream theater, he felt his flesh and mind were separated. That must have been because from the beginning reality and fantasy could not intermingle.

But if destiny was an ethereal force that guided one's life, it was impossible to determine its influence on the direction of his life. It wouldn't change the level of control Masato already felt he had on his own existence. Perhaps everything that had happened to him from the moment he erupted into this world was pre-determined.

In the face of such a revelation, he couldn't understand why he could keep his demeanor so cool and level headed. Though he was nothing compared to how naturally Ryuji was taking things. It wasn't as if the possibility of destiny was never covered by his own thoughts, but to have another narrate the idea to him with utmost seriousness... and a seriously bizarre face... Masato shook his head, shutting his eyes. Was such a nose even possible? Those bloodshot eyes were the stuff of nightmares.

"'All that's left for us here,' you say..." Masato rubbed the back of his head. He narrowed his eyes and looked towards the white spirit playing that tremendous instrument. His expression was vaguely disgusted. "I'm not going to wake up in my bed with a headache, 5 minutes late for morning class, am I?"
FUKKATSU

Postby Jay » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:15 pm

"... Huh?"
> It doesn't seem Hinake has much to say.

"...."
> The music continues playing.
> The girl in white does not seem like she'll be saying anything.
> The calming melody melts into your soul.

Postby Jay » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:52 pm

>> It does not seem there is anything left to do at the Mysterious Cinema.

Postby Deena » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:31 pm

Rollin' Out

Shiori took her best friend by the hand and tugged at it gently to begin leading the group out of the theater. She had had enough of this place and its eerie mysteries; she wanted to say it was all utter nonsense, but somewhere inside her she knew that all of what she heard had some meaning. Still, her common sense dictated it was best not to linger. Hopefully, the others would follow, though whether they did or not did not matter too much; that stupid Ryuji and the surprisingly sly Masato could gawk at the scenery forever, as if she cared. Hmpf.

Soon enough, they were outside of the cinema. Shiori merely muttered in irritation. "...tch."

Postby Berry-tan » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:42 pm

Any unease in Natsumi was allieviated as Shiori led her out the theater. Shiori was as dependable as ever and that kept Natsumi grounded and without fear. What Igor had said still worried her, but part of her held fast to the fact that things like destiny were supposed to be on TV and not in movie theaters. Taking a deep breath, Natsumi pushed those thoughts away as she exhaled just like she did practicing archery.

Only now her focus was on bringing her former feeling of ease back to the forefront. "That was so strange, don't you think?" She giggled a little and squeezed Shiori's hand. "But at least we have an interesting story to tell Eri-san, right?"

Postby Cascade » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:21 am

In Front of the Mysterious Cinema - After School

Masato shivered a bit. He thought it funny that walking inside the theater, he found it uncomfortably chilly, but outside it had been hot enough to order ice-cream. Nothing dramatic of course, but he suspected it had more to do with what "Tenguman" said than any real temperature difference. It got under his skin in more ways than one. But certainly, it was quite the rush. He had to reel in his heart, for fear he'd take the man too seriously and believe in what was almost certainly a ludicrous hoax.

Then again, they'd had that dream, and such coincidences did not occur even in a full lifetime for many people. Thought patterns were itinerant travelers who rarely met, even among those as intimately acquainted as family or lovers.

Once they stepped outside, Masato took a quick glimpse around to check on the others and regain his bearings. He felt strangely tired, even though they'd surely not spent very much time in the theater. Was that older girl with the piano and manzai still around? He couldn't help but scratch his head.

"What the heck did I just watch?"

There was an uncomfortably long pause before he noticed Natsumi speaking. He jumped a bit, like he'd been jolted with a live current. Was he scared of something?

"A-Ah! R-right! We have a cool story to tell her... strange and... hardly believable, but that's 'cool,' I... guess?"
FUKKATSU

Postby Imenak » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:26 pm

Ryuji suddenly appeared alongside the others again, which was strange, since he had walked out with them. It was like he had purposely phased out of view, and back into it, for whatever bizarre reason that made sense to only him. "An interesting story?" he remarked, making his presence and usual uncomfortable proximity more evident. He pushed up his glasses. "It's obvious we can't tell anyone about this. As the major protagonists of this tale, most of us must completely disavow what has transpired here, and try to completely forget about it. A strange, pale girl... a bizarre, large nosed man... all having the shared dream? A shared destiny? Utter madness to the sane mind. Then, undoubtedly, the 'peril' we will encounter will remind us of the Velvet Room, drawing us back here to reunite and embark on an epic adventure. There's a completely normal way for this all to pan out, you know," he stated matter-of-factly, obliviously showing just how divorced he was with what was REALLY normal.
My Characters' Endings

Postby Jay » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:36 am

(Doing the Persona style narrative is actually really hard. I think I'll be doing more normal prose than before, and just use the >> at key moments xD)

As the five exit the theater, the doors slowly swing to a close, locking themselves. Where the girl at the booth had been sitting, was merely a sign that said "Closed".

It was starting to get late by now. However, it was pretty early in the school year, so it's not like any of them had homework. Of course, none of the group had cram school either, thankfully. A happy coincidence. Most of the stores at the mall will remain open for some time.

>> It is getting late, but there is much to discuss. You:
  • Discuss over dinner at the food court.
  • Split up. You guys can talk at school tomorrow.

Postby Deena » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:10 am

Shiori glared at Ryuji with a look of an immense lack of amusement. Every time she conveniently forgot the notion that the young man was a complete ignoramus, he saw fit to remind her with excruciating vigilance. However, she restrained herself from hitting him out of kindness, and settled for simply ignoring him. Besides, Natsumi was watching. She set her sharp gaze on Masato. "Hmpf. This whole trip was ridiculous. B-But if Natsu-chan wants to tell Eri-san about it, I don't mind."

Postby Cascade » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:21 pm

He jumped again as Ryuji made his comment. He'd have to get used to that guy jumping out like some haunter in the dark.
Still, it wasn't as if the dame ningen otaku was totally wrong. The entire array of events sounded just like something he'd read out of a manga. Like they'd been taken into the realm of some mysterious god, to participate in supernatural murder games, or chosen by a higher power to hunt down sorcerers who abused their power. It was pure weekend-morning entertainment material.

"Heh, you two are really joined at the hip." Masato reached up behind his head as he stretched and yawned lazily.

"Still, the theater turned out to be a lot less interesting than I thought. Mysterious sure but..."
The tone of his voice uncovered the disappointment in him.

"I guess I could tell Eri, but er, obviously I don't know her number." He had confidence in his looks but he wasn't popular enough to simply have everyone's number. Looking her up might just be a bother, and he didn't know what he'd tell her even if he got her on the line. It'd be easier just to...

"Tell her when we get back to school tomorrow?" Masato folded his arms in front of him before shaking his head. "Well, whatever. Now that we've abducted the princess, we should probably make sure she gets home on time."

Although he was joking, there seemed to be a hint of concern in his voice, considering how influential the squirt was... Masato definitely wanted that extra leeway should her daddy learn about his once-in-a-while truancy.
FUKKATSU

Previous

Return to Role Playing