Persona: Frame Heart || IC || Bonds

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Persona: Frame Heart || IC || Bonds

Postby Jay » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:55 am

Guide to the colour coding of my posts (Updated as colours are put into use. Please check back here whenever a new colour appears.):
  • White: In-game, Persona game-style, present-tense narrative. These will typically be direct, mostly dry, and fairly flavourless phrases that tell you the minimum amount you need to know in a straightforward way. These are usually extra important, so pay attention to them.
  • Green (#00BF40): OOC GM messages from me. I'll probably have to cut in as GM and explain things a good deal.
  • Turquoise (#00BFBF): In-game, normal narrative and descriptions. This is mostly flavour and extra informational text. Probably not totally required knowledge, but I think it's important stuff. During an encounter though, this section will be important, but for day-to-day interactions, they are less important.
  • Red (#BF0040): Hinake's dialogue. She's your operator! In battle, she'll tell you helpful things.
  • Orange (#FF8040): General NPC dialogue. Probably stuff you'll want to hear.

Just a note about the line breaks, I will be using them a lot to separate different parts of my post. Some may be meant for everyone, some may be meant for only one person. The ones where the person isn't noted are meant for everyone by default. Otherwise, I will note the person (or group of people) that the section is meant for at the beginning of each section, with the location stated following a dash. Then, following another dash, will be the time of day, and then after another dash will be the weather.
Like so:
<Person(s)> - <Location> - <Time of Day> - <Weather Condition>

If in the "Person(s)" field is "???", this means that the section isn't directed at anyone particular, and is probably meant for you guys to read for the sake of plot development, foreshadowing, suspense, etc. Like when you randomly see a conversation between the villains, even though none of your characters should know anything about it.

Additionally, except for this first opening post, I will be using the subject field to place the in-game date of the post. If the date changes during the post, I'll have the date noted like the section below. I encourage everyone else to also take advantage of the subject field for dates, just to make everything nice and tidy.

Finally, if people want to use the same format for starting their posts, feel free. It isn't too necessary, but it's convenient if people are able to just look, and quickly see if the post actually concerns them, etc. In case of players though, feel free to omit the Time of Day and the Weather Conditions, if you're lazy.

Anyhow, I'm sure no one really cares about this stuff, so without further ado:

Sept 03, 2012

Group 1 - Home - Morning - Sunny

> The first day back to school is looking to be beautiful.
> The sun has not quite risen yet, but the sky is clear and the air has the memorable fall morning chill.
> In the sky, beginning to fade away behind the sunlight, is the moon, still visible in the twilight. Its image weighs down on you.

> That dream from months ago is still in your memory, all too vividly remembered.
> It comes haunt you whenever you have a idle moment for thought, before you fall asleep, and the short moments after you awake.
> You wonder why you can't get it out of your head, and the question of what it means stays at the fore of your thoughts.

> Regardless, it is the first day of school after the summer break, so you should probably get going.

For anyone worried, no, we don't all have to narrate like that. But for narratives that I think would be done via text box in the games themselves, I've decided to do like that too. It'll mainly be for only the rare situation, though it'll be helpful to get used to it regardless.

Anyhow, this is the beginning of the RP! Please describe how your character's morning goes. Do they rush out with a piece of toast in their mouth yelling "I'm late! I'm late!", or do they wake up to a breakfast of sunny side up eggs and toast prepared by their little sister? Do they even care about being late? Are they already at school before the others are even awake, because you have club activities?

After that, go ahead and describe their trip to school. Most Japanese students either ride bikes or walk to their school. Your character will have to walk their bike, if they use one, up for the last section of road leading up to the school, as there is a slight incline. A few students may live farther away, and if that's the case, will arrive by subway, where they'll get off a station roughly a 5 minute's walk away. Others may utilize the bus system, which will take them up to the foot of the incline/hill leading up to the school, also about 5 minutes away. On the way, you will probably see a few members of "The Lost", or in other words, people who have fallen ill to Apathy Syndrome, or at least seem to. It may simply be a drunk bum, but it's hard to tell.

Also, players who're already friends (if any) may go to school together, if they wish.

Once you get to school, feel free to continue where I'll describe the school.

Group 1 - Way-to-School/Classroom - Morning - Sunny

Leading up to your new school is a slight, but very long incline, making biking up difficult. Once over the hill, you see the unimpressive face of Yamaki High, with a standard sliding steel gate, stucco walling, and rectangular architecture. As per usual, the school has three floors, along with a rooftop that is fenced off and available for use by students (however, it is getting into the colder months, so there will not be many people there at the time).

At the bottom floor are the first year classrooms, along with the small school store (for food and supplies), the gym, a small court yard, and the staff offices (teacher's lounge, main office and the Nurse's Office).

On the second floor are the second year classrooms, along with the Practice Building. That is, where all the specialized classrooms for certain classes are located, such as the labs for Science classes, the kitchens for the cooking classes, and the workshops for the trades.

On the third floor are the third year classrooms. Additionally, the fine arts club rooms are here, in addition to the A/V Room. The Student Council is also based out of a room here.

On each of the floors are a set of washrooms. Like most Japanese schools, you stay in the same classroom for most classes, and the teacher will change. The only exception is when classrooms in the Practice Building are used.

> You arrive at your classroom, the same as always: class 2-D.
> The Homeroom Teacher has not arrived yet, and students are still arriving.
> You enter the room and:
  • Try to find someone and strike up some conversation. - You'll just walk in and find someone. You can either pair up with someone who chose this same prompt and have a conversation, or you can have a conversation with someone who's sitting down. Otherwise, I will have a NPC talk to you.
  • Sit down in my desk and wait for class to begin. - Just describe yourself sitting down at your desk. Either another player will find you and start conversation, or if no one does, then I'll send an NPC your way.

Possible conversation topics (for those who don't know what they should talk about):
  • The Finals in 2 months.
  • The new transfer student, who's entering a third year class.
  • The Apathy Syndrome
  • How your summer vacation was

About prompts: Now, I know, RP's aren't video games or choose your own adventure books. This "prompt system" I'm trying out right now, will pop up occasionally whenever I see an opportunity for it, mainly in certain social interactions. The prompts will usually be vague, and I'll try to cover most of the actions or decisions you can actually make. Since they're vague, you're all going to have to elaborate on it as usual.

When answering a prompt, simply go, in white text, after your location marker:
> <the choice>

For example:

Group 1 - Classroom - Morning - Sunny
> Sit down at my desk and wait for class to begin.

After that, just post as normal.

This "prompt" system of doing thing is just to narrow down the amount of variables I have to deal with, when I've planned some events. If you have a different action in mind, just PM me about it and we'll figure it out. At the moment, with just 4 players, it isn't so important, but I think this will keep things less confusing when I'm managing 8 players.

Ultimately, this is more for my sake than your sake, though I think it will be helpful for you guys too. I'm still unsure how often these will come up though, so don't be alarmed and think you'll have to RP on rails or something. I'll do my best and only use these when I have to, or when they're appropriate.

Also, note that prompts will typically result in one thing or another, depending on what you choose. Sometimes, like this time, you'll know the result. Other times, you won't.

Obviously, this can still be done without the whole system, but this way, it's easier for me to pair off people, or figure out what I'll need to improvise in whatever I have planned. Regardless, we'll see how it works out.

Hope this is all understandable! It's kinda late-ish after all. Have fun guys :3
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Re: Persona: Frame Heart || IC || Lol, this is complicated

Postby Imenak » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:11 pm

| Kanzato Ryuji – Home |

“RRRIIIINNGGG!!!” came that all too familiar sound.

Ryuji’s eyes slowly opened. The blurry sight of his ceiling greeted him, as it usually did, prompting him to reach over to his side to grab his glasses. Even after putting them on though, he ended up continuing his staring contest with the ceiling anyway. He was too lost in thought. It was that dream… he couldn’t stop thinking about it. In fact, he was thinking it about it so much, that he actually dreamed of himself thinking about it too. It made his mind a bit weary, wondering just how long one mind could dwell on something so trivial. Ryuji turned to lie on his side, causing his eye to catch a small book he had left on the drawer near his bed. He sat up and grabbed it, quickly thumbing through it to the page he sought. Ah, there it was. You see (yes, you), this was his personal dream journal, and that particular page he was looking at now was obviously the page that pertained to that peculiar hallucination.

Just as meticulous as he always was, Ryuji had written literally every detail he remembered right down into the journal. The description of the old man was particularly intensive, and filled up most of the page. In the margins, he had scribbled down all kinds of different interpretations and personal thoughts, as well as what they all could mean when put together. The sizable stack of dream books piled near his bed seemed to indicate he wasn’t just using pure guesswork. The young man rubbed his chin thoughtfully as he carefully read his writings, also reminding himself of his opinions on the matter by looking at the margins. He closed the book. The ultimate answer had finally come to him! “This,” he began, pushing up his glasses, “Was most definitely not moe.”

| Group 1 - Way-to-School |

As he often was, Ryuji was driven to school by one of the family servants. For most of the way, anyhow. It was a strange habit of his to suddenly get out of the car while it was stopped at a red light or stop sign, and then walk the rest of the way to school. It also baffled his servants, whose requests for him to return to the vehicle were never met. It was usually because he was so absorbed into whatever he was reading that the rest of his body has to move by muscle memory. Unfortunately, its memory was horrible. He tended to automatically get out due to a certain jerk of the car, and won’t stop walking until he hears the familiar chatter of his classroom, even if he has to walk through a danger-filled construction zone. His choice of reading was hardly ever any more understandable, ranging from a text book or something else educational, to the latest Shonen Jump issue. Today, he had gotten out about a 2 minute’s walk from school, and was reading the latest released volume of Special A. This is relevant!!

| Group 1 – Classroom |

By the time Ryuji actually managed to get to class, he had somehow managed to finish reading. He stowed the manga away and sat down his desk, looking quite diligent and proper in how he was sitting, patiently waiting for class to behin. Of course, his fellow homeroom classmates knew quite well that he could appear behind any one of them at any moment to point out any number of things about what they were doing. Then, in the next, he’d be right back at his desk again. For some, it was almost like a game in trying to predict where his eccentricity would lead him.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Cascade » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:07 am

Inoue Masato

Group 1 - Inoue Household - Early Morning - Sunny

5:30 AM
His eyes shot open. The same ceiling and walls packaged him. The world and its many creatures were just beginning to break their silence. From the room next door, he could hear the soft rumblings of another person's breath. Within the stillness of a moment, the lightly clad figure wrapped in his futon sheets raised a single hand up, extending his arm in a long, fluid motion, as if to grasp the air and feel its texture. The image facing him of the light fixture, the ceiling, the lines in the wood, wasn't flat; he could sink into it and feel its realness for himself. Nothing like that series of images that flashed through his unconscious mind, the so-called dream. Nothing like him, with flesh you could feel and breath that contained real warmth. It was like a movie; a ghostly projection that possessed no substance. Yet it stirred him.

Masato clenched his hand tightly and smiled. Everything was real again. Therefore, he didn't have to feel uneasy anymore.

Group 1 - Inoue Household - Morning - Sunny

"Whew..."

Masato allowed himself to stretch, reaching back over his slim shoulders and adjusting the tie behind his apron. Not the most manly thing to wear in the early morning, but it kept his school uniform clean. Masato didn't care whether it got dirty or not, but the comments from others, like the teacher or the class rep, were bothersome, so he was careful enough not to splatter the eggs and cooking oil on his jacket.

An hour had passed since he'd woken up, and already he was fully galvanized for the day. Sweeping the steps of the Inoue Shrine in the frigid morning air tended to do that to him. It wasn't necessary for Masato to do so. By the end of the day, the ground would have undoubtedly been covered in a thin layer of red and gold, the symmetrical Japanese maple leaves everywhere. But he felt at peace when he swept. At least, until his sister woke up, usually four or five hours later than him, and by that time he was long in school. During the break, he was already working a part time job at that point, so she wouldn't see him until later that evening anyway. Masato could put off the inevitable confrontation, where Makoto would rail on him for doing her job and complain to their father, and he would most likely pay little attention. Then she would get tired of being mad and ask for dinner, which Masato would cheerfully prepare with little hesitation. She always enjoyed his meals, and seemed transparently apologetic, so he never minded the usual song and dance they played.

Masato stared into the sizzling pan. He knew only he could do these things. However, he wouldn't bother worrying about it. A glance down the hallway to the door, behind which his father was no doubt sleeping. The indoor slippers Masato had left at its bottom edge had not been moved one inch. Today marked the beginning of the second week.

A powerful scent emanated from the pan. They weren't burnt, but he'd cooked his breakfast much more well than he usually did. Immediately he began scooping out the rice and the eggs, partitioning it for his sister and himself as he did every morning. It wasn't a long ride to school on the bus. He'd have enough time to fully enjoy his meal.

Group 1 - Commute - Morning - Sunny

Although he had a bike, Masato was feeling a bit lazy. It was one of his weeks where he didn't feel too interested in racing to school on the flimsy old thing. Besides, there were interesting faces on the bus.

The city wasn't in the best shape. Economic downturn and social problems were leaving some individuals, in their black suits and office clothes, looking gaunt and soulless. Packed in with them, Masato could see every line of their expressions. Something about that lifeless look bothered him. He felt like cutting off his people-watching early.

A man not far away seemed to stare into the distance, eyes empty and filled with a dark dream of better days. His lips hung slightly parted, as if somewhere between breathing and falling agape. For a moment, Masato imagined a black film sliding over his eye, barely contained by both its lids.

The bus hit a bump, and suddenly the half-asleep man was shaken back to life. His eyes darted about, as if he'd been caught in the middle of something, and the man nervously smoothed what hair was left on his balding head.

"... I'll get off here." He gestured to the driver and shifted his way through the many bodies between him and the door. Masato felt like he was bathing in people.

Once on the street, things were a bit better. He could see the old, tasteless exterior of Yamaki High in the distance ahead, looming like an opened cracker box. Faces in the crowd paid him no heed as he strode with his briefcase towards the school he hadn't seen in what seemed like ages. A smile graced his mouth as he realized he'd enjoy being back, as tedious as it was.

Group 1 - Classroom

Masato arrived quite early, waltzing in casually without any particular attitude or sentiment evident on his smiling face. It was typical of him to take it easy and walk in whenever he pleased. Sometimes he'd arrive as early as possible, and sometimes he'd come in at the very tail end of "on-time." Striding in with that long walk of his, he took up his usual seat and searched faces in the classroom, trying to see if anyone familiar to him was around. Few people really knew him, but most were friendly enough with him to say high and exchange a few words by his desk. Some talked about the test that were coming up; others talked about that strange disease that was circling the city. Most people knew him as a friendly guy who'd help others out, but always kept them at arm's length when it came to making true friendships. Some of the students had seen Masato at the Inoue Shrine many times over the summer, and he was quite a bit friendlier with them than the other students he didn't know. Masato processed their words attentively and made a good show of being interested for his part. In any case, he was open to others approaching him before class actually started, but there were only a few minutes left.

He slapped his books down on top of his desk, and nudged his suitcase under his chair with his foot, brushing aside a bit of his brown hair from his forehead before getting comfortable.
FUKKATSU

Postby Berry-tan » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:39 am

Group 1 - Hachirou Household - Early Morning - Sunny

Blearily opening her eyes Natsumi put a hand to her face as she stared up at the ceiling of her bedroom. Natsumi rarely remembered her dreams for very long after waking. But this dream she couldn't seem to get away from when she had a moment to stop and think. It wasn't like anything she'd ever seen before, with the strange elderly man speaking to someone she couldn't even see. There was no way to rationalize the dream to some occurance in her daily life, no connection to anyone she'd ever known.

Sitting up she pushed her hair away from her face and put her feet to the ground, only to recoil when the hardwood felt cold and that cold helped break her focus on the dream and make her notice the time displayed on the Jack Frost shaped clock on her bed stand. "I need to hurry..."

Group 1 - Way to School - Early Morning - Sunny

Leaving her house at a brisk walk, Natsumi called out a quick goodbye before heading to Shiori's house so that they could walk together. Meeting up and walking had been the norm since they'd become friends in their first year at Yamaki. The walk to Shiori's home wasn't a long one and once there Natsumi simply waited at the gate for her friend to appear, she'd long since learned that there wasn't any need to knock and call for Shiori to come out. Like clockwork she'd be out at the same time each day. As she waited she took out the small package of rice balls she'd made to share on the way as a snack.
Last edited by Berry-tan on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Deena » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:18 am

Group 1 - Uehara Dojo - Early Morning - Sunny

Her eyelids snapped open with a start, cold sweat crawling upon the pale, clammy flesh of her forehead and cheeks. It was that dream. No, not the dream precisely, it was the mere recollection of the dream. How bizarre, how queer, how unorthodox a dream. Dreams themselves were bizarre, queer, unorthodox, but this one...this one was real. Not like the kind where one faces an untimely demise and can feel the reminiscent tingle of welts from their imaginary death even after waking, but more vivid, more surreal, more sensational, as if life and life in sleep were one and the same.

Shiori Uehara peered past the cracks in the wooden blinds framing the window above her bedside. The sky was a pallet of unfathomable colors, radiant reds and violent violets and brilliant ultramarines. It would be at least another hour or so until the sun rose and Natsumi came to pick her up. Shiori did not want to leave the warmth of her quilt and pillow. What she wanted and what she had to do, however, were two completely separate things. Daily habit, discipline engraved into her very being from following strict morning rituals, urged her onwards. First, feet slid onto the cold tatami mat floor. She pushed off the blankets, lifted herself off, and did a few stretches before getting ready. She still had quite a few hours before the school even opened its gates, just as it should be. The dream still fresh in her mind, Shiori released a deep sigh. She packed the distraction away and left it in a corner of her thoughts. Readying herself, Shiori prepared to perform her morning kendo practice with her uncle and younger brother as always.

Group 1 - Uehara Dojo - Morning - Sunny

After practice and a quick shower, Shiori sighed as she sensed the magnificent stench of burnt eggs and charred fish. Sure enough, there was something black and vile being flopped not quite gingerly into a traditional looking laquer-finished wooden bento box by a rather sweet looking Japanese woman with long black hair tied in a low ponytail draped over her shoulder. With an innocent smile, her auntie wrapped the lovely looking box delicately in a finely embroidered cloth and handed it over to Shiori. "Here, dearie, your lunch. I'm sorry, I burnt the fish again...i-it should be fine on the inside! I think..."

Shiori let out a defeated sigh. Her dear aunt was so utterly clumsy; even Shiori's occasional bouts of ditziness could not compare to her replacement mother's airheaded behavior. It was charming, certainly, especially since her aunt meant well, but the family of four, herself, her brother, her uncle, and her aunt, mostly lived on rice, burnt fish, maybe a few boiled vegetables, and natto. The four somehow managed to survive this long on this questionable diet, and they weren't too poor to occasionally afford the luxury of eating out, so it wasn't all bad. They only had to skip breakfast every once in a while. Like today. When Auntie burnt everyone's fish by deep frying them in bulk for too long and somehow cooked the rice until it became something along the lines of gruel. Well, there were no hard feelings; auntie was always like this. She continued trying her best to cook better regardless of her failures, and that was respectable.

Besides, Shiori had Natsumi. The same Natsumi who waited outside her residence so diligently every morning, the same Natsumi that Shiori must have had some sort of telepathic link with to know exactly when she would be waiting outside her door.

With a bow and a polite goodbye to her aunt, Shiori left her abode, a strange mix of western and eastern construction. Most of her home was made up of traditional Japanese architecture, but some of the newer portions, the additional renovations to add bedrooms for herself and her brother, had western elements to them. It had a lovely sort of quaint charm to it, and Shiori was more than happy to call this place her home.

The schoolgirl waved to her friend that waited patiently outside her home, closing the gate behind her. "Good morning, Natsu-chan," she stated curtly, her near-permanent frown softening to a demure half-smile as they began to walk down the street away from her home. Natsumi had the strange ability to calm even Shiori's sharp tongue. "How was your summer?"

Sept. 03, 2012

Postby Jay » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:11 am

Masato & Ryuji - Classroom - Morning - Sunny

For the quiet pair seated properly at their desks, not far from one-another (as they happened to sit in the same general area, as per the seating order), there was one girl who could not help but take notice. It may be an early morning just before class, but being all quiet and unsocial was not allowed!

> A girl approaches, moving in between the both of you.
> She has a proud, powerful grin on her face.
> She slams both of your desks.
> It is Endo Eri.

Portrait/General Look: http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/1094/enkoerirep.jpg

"Oy, you two! What're you doing, seeming all unenergetic? Shouldn't boys like you be all excited an' all? You've heard of the student that's transferring into the senior year here, right? Apparently she's a real gem. I hear she was real popular at her old school, though I wonder why she transferred out into the sticks here, 'specially with only three months left."

> Eri seems to be in a good mood for some reason.

"So c'mon, you two. Cheer up! Have to give a good impression, right?"

> Eri treats you to a dazzling smile.
> The girl motions to put you both in a friendly headlock.
> You:
  • Let her have her way with you.
  • Try to stop her by persuading her that you're okay.
  • Avoid or intercept her attempt.

Postby Imenak » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:57 am

| Group 1 – Classroom |

Ryuji shot the girl and unreadable expression when she made herself known to them. Ah, it was that Endo girl again. Although she was very cute, her personality didn't quite match up with that. It was a horrible waste to him. She lacked moé, and he certainly didn't want to be a part of that deficiency. So, when she tried to get him a headlock, his body swayed in an awkward manner to avoid it. When he swayed back, he was suddenly standing up, and some how in front of Eri now. He pointed to her, in rather needless emphasis. "Yes. The new girl should prove to be very interesting. Apparently beautiful and transferring late into the school? This is standard protocol for a teenage romance manga... either to begin the series or introduce a new love interest to liven things up. Or... even... to introduce an enigmatic foe!!!" he said in reply to her, displaying his characteristic oddity of conclusions, and looking far too serious about it. He rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "The question is," he continued, pushing up his glasses. "Which is it?"
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Re: Persona: Frame Heart || IC || Bonds

Postby Berry-tan » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:19 pm

Group 1 - Way to School - Morning - Sunny

Straightening from her spot leaning against the outside wall, Natsumi smiled cheerfully at her friend as she came out and waved, carefully balancing the wrapped pack of homemade onigiri in the other. “Morning, Shiori-chan~!” Falling into step beside the other girl Natsumi proffered the pack and pointed out two that had umeboshi in them, an ingredient that Natsumi had discovered Shiori preferred over others. Eating on the way was the usual for them, Natsumi had a penchant for cooking and often fed Shiori the results.

“Vacation was pretty fun. Mom took us to Okinawa for a few days at the beginning of break while Dad was on a business trip. And last weekend we all went to this hotspring resort that was so nice.” She went on describing the locations happily as they walked. However as they passed a man on the street with a rather vacant gaze the usually cheerful girl trailed off looking troubled. There was no way of telling if the man was a victim of Apathy Syndrome but she knew about the trouble’s the illness caused for doctors like her father. The moment passed quickly as they left the man behind on their walk and Natsumi quickly banished the expression face so as not to worry Shiori. She laughed nervously and put one hand behind her head sheepishly.

"Ahh, I was babbling on again wasn’t I? How was your vacation Shiori-chan?” She shifted the strap of her schoolbag as they reached the base of the hill that led up to the school.
Last edited by Berry-tan on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cascade » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:16 pm

Group 1 - Classroom

Masato had a moment in time to look up at Eri curiously as the loud voice drew closer. There was a somewhat blank, confused expression on his face. Her smile felt radiant and unique somehow. He'd only spoken to her a few times at school before, but Masato considered for a second how to react to her amiable overture.

>Let her have her way with you.

"Agh!"
Masato protested sarcastically as she looped her arm around his neck, a smile on his face.
"Oh no! Endo-san is going to choke me. I'd better cheer up, fast."

Squirming out of her admittedly strong grip, Masato tried to return her friendly look as much as he could. This one seemed genuinely interesting. Most people in the class would get a bit of talk out of him and a friendly smile, enough to feel that he wasn't ignoring them. But in reality, though he enjoyed their company, he would never really understand what it was they saw in him. He would have been fine just going about his business quietly, every day. It wasn't that he was gloomy or sad though. The contrary was ultimately true of Masato.

"But really, I'm okay. Just a bit drowsy this morning. You know how it is, Endo-san." He eyed her, chuckling a bit nervously as he realized perhaps she didn't know after all.

"I'm actually in a pretty good mood though. The commute was just a little tiresome." Masato nodded. "The transfer student's a girl huh? Not that I really pay any attention to these things."

Having a casual disdain for good sitting posture, he leaned back in his desk quite a bit, folding his arms behind his neck.
"Well, whatever she's like, it'll probably be fun meeting her, huh?" He looked at Ryuji with a slightly pitying expression, although it wasn't actually mean-spirited. "Better not talk like that in front of her, Kanzato-san. We wouldn't want to scare her off right on the first day, would we?"

The other student, Kanzato Ryuji, was someone Masato knew as being from a very different walk of life. Although Masato enjoyed videogames and anime, maybe even a bit more than other boys his age, he didn't have the expendable income to build a substantial collection. In addition, he was a bit more realistic about the hobbies considering how many chores and responsibilities he had. Ryuji, on the other hand, always seemed to have the freedom to enjoy his interests, but took things to an entirely new level in Masato's eyes. They didn't know each other that well, but Masato always tried to be nice, even if he thought the other young man was strange at times.
FUKKATSU

Postby Deena » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:42 pm

Group 1 - School Gates - Morning - Sunny

Uehara's sharp eyes followed Natsumi's gaze the moment she had trailed off. That man...he was either a very tired businessman, or, more likely, one of the many listless victims of the infamous Apathy Syndrome that had been plaguing the area as of late. Natsumi...there was a certain way she raised her brows, a certain microexpression she had where her curling lips faltered in their comforting smile that Shiori could see clear as day. Natsumi was upset.

Breaking her gaze with her friend, Shiori grimaced and glared straight ahead of her. Her brows were furrowed in concentration. "D-Don't worry about Apathy Syndrome so much, Natsu-chan. It's not like scientists aren't trying to find a cure," the schoolgirl stated. Shiori wondered sometimes how Natsumi made comforting people look so easy as they reached the school's gates. She coughed lightly, taking a final bite of the quickly diminished breakfast that her friend so lovingly made, swallowed, and looked back at Natsumi, continuing their conversation before the distraction. "I went to visit some relatives in Hokkaido with my family. We brought home a lot of fresh eggs and meat, so Auntie and Uncle want to give you and your family some."

Postby Berry-tan » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:55 pm

Natsumi couldn’t help the guilty twinge she felt as her friend tried to comfort her. She hated troubling anyone with her own worries, Shiori most of all. She murmured an apology for worrying her, but with one sentence every worry she had vanished. Fresh eggs and meat from Hokkaido! The change in demeanor was visible as her eyes lit and and her hands clapped together. “Really? Uwaah!” She smiled brightly and seemed as if she might float to class. “Your Aunt and Uncle don’t mind? I’ll have to thank them somehow! Maybe I could bake them a cake...”

The busty girl smiled at her friend and was obviously holding back on pulling her into a hug for bringing back something that was far better than any souvenir. “I’ll have to make something special with it.” She calmed a little, though the light in her eyes hadn’t diminished at all. One finger tapped her chin as she slide open the door. “It’s too warm out for hotpot but... Oh! I’ll make yakiniku and we can have a party at my house.” She looked to her friend cheerfully as she set her bag down at her desk. “It would be really fun, and yakiniku is best when the weather is still warm.”
Last edited by Berry-tan on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Deena » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:14 pm

Shiori couldn't help but curl her lips into an ever so slight smile, her eyes softening into a kind expression. The expression was only for a brief moment, as her usual serious look resumed its place immediately afterwards. This was what Shiori loved best about Natsumi; she was incredibly honest, and could see the good in everything. It made Shiori a little jealous sometimes. She took to her seat, the one left of Natsumi's, and looped the handle of her schoolbag upon the hook on her desk. "Yakiniku sounds wonderful, Natsu-chan," she responded. Shiori looked around the room, giving a cursory glance to Eri and her jolly conversation with Ryuji and Masato, probably some of the more energetic members of the class. "Endo-san seems to be in a good mood today."

Sept. 03, 2012

Postby Jay » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:16 am

**All of Group 1 happen to sit very close to one another.**

> Eri shoots Ryuji a playful smirk as she avoided her headlock.
"You're pretty quick, eh Kan-kun?"
> She playfully punches Ryuji in the arm in praise.

> For Masato, she gives him a booming smack to the back.
"If you say so, Ino-kun."
> She pauses.
"Ah, but that won't do! How could you not pay attention? This is your future we're talking about!"

> Eri seems to be having fun.

"Ahahaha, Kan-kun, I think you've been reading too much manga, though, remind me to go to you when I wanna borrow some. But maybe you should try going out, watch a movie or something for a change of pace, eh?"
> She seems to be totally ignorant of Ryuji's hobbies.

> As if suddenly remembering something, Eri strikes her palm.
"Oh! Have you guys heard of the rumour?"
> Her voice hushes up a bit, as people who're telling ghost stories usually do.
"Apparently, a mysterious, old-fashioned cinema at the Pacific Mall has just suddenly appeared, even though no one remembers it ever being built. They say that it's always busy or closed, and you're always turned away at the door by this strange white-haired woman, even though you can hear the piano playing inside! I haven't been able to check it out though, with all these art and music classes my parents have lined up for me."

> She scratches her head.
> She sincerely looks frustrated.
"Ah! It's almost time class now. Hafta look ready an' excited for school to have any hope of getting a break on my homework from over the break. Seeya guys."
> Eri shines Masato and Ryuji a cheerful smile once more, along with a wink, before going over to her seat.

> You have learned of the rumour of the mysterious cinema.
> It sounds disturbingly similar to the location in your dream.
> You begin to suspect that maybe it wasn't just a dream.
> You want to ask Eri more about it, but it seems class will be starting soon.
> You decide to wait until lunch to ask more about it.

Just post a few closing reactions or dialogues that'd happen before the teacher enters, and then I'll follow up with a time skip to lunch.

Postby Cascade » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:54 pm

Group 1 - Classroom

Masato turned to see the two familiar classmates enter the room, just as Eri gave him a robust slap on the back. He smiled and laughed, though his laugh sounded a little like a cough momentarily on account of her flat-handed hit.

"Haha, my 'future,' huh?" His voice was strained by her slap. "What 're you getting at?"

He knew that the two girls entering the classroom were Uehara Shiori and Hachirou Natsumi. He wasn't particularly close to them, but conversed with them at least once before. He was sure that he'd seen them at his family's shrine before, like many other students from his school. Shiori always brimmed with a kind of serious intensity, and he'd heard that the girl's family ran a kendo school. Natsumi, on the other hand, Masato couldn't help but recognize, as many other boys in their year had their eye on her. He knew secondhand that she was a notable member of both the archery team and sewing club. For his part, Masato had never payed much attention to either of them. To the girls, he was just "that boy from the shrine." That was who he was to most people, in any case.

Lately however, he'd been more keen on the idea of getting to know them. There wasn't anything particular in the feeling. It was just one of the various instincts that tended to pull Masato's relatively aimless life in one direction or another.

He looked up to Eri again. She seemed to really be enjoying herself, and as a result, Masato was feeling more energetic as well.

"You know how careless I am, Endo-san. Busy busy me. I forget things and my mind goes off in weird directions without warning." He grinned fetchingly. "There's just something weird with my head, you know?"

After a lull in the conversation, Eri began talking about a rumor. Masato wanted to hold his chin and nod sagely. He'd remembered right then that it was a fascination, once in a while, for Endo to talk about hush-hush things. They weren't the typical, silly rumors most HS students were prone to spreading; a cut above the Red Mantle and Hanako-san stories, and Masato often found himself genuinely fascinated if he was listening in.

His eyes widened a little bit, however, as he heard her relate the story of the mysterious theater.

Why was it so familiar? He felt a strange sinking in his heart, and yet he had never heard of such a thing before. There was nothing special about it. The rumor was almost mundane.

But it was strange. He felt something within him move. Not a physical thing; that movement had no substance, but it pulled at him nonetheless. Masato realized that a strong urge to investigate was building inside of him.

"Strange. This is all so familiar. Like a dream. And yet..."

Masato, who seemed to be distracted, watched Eri excuse herself blankly, listening but not retaining anything she said. His mind was focused entirely on the enigmatic feeling.

"...Now that I've felt this way, I've got no choice. I'm going to go find that theater. Maybe then... No, that's a silly idea." Masato beamed, and it looked like he was sending Eri off with a smile. But in fact, he was laughing inwardly at the ridiculousness of his theories. "That was a dream. It'll probably just be a normal, new theater. One of those high-end places nobody hears about, which serves alcohol and seats you in expensive velvet-covered chairs. I'll go for fun, but It's got nothing to do with me. Or my dream."

Even though he reassured himself that he truly felt this way, the reality was that Masato felt intrigued by the rumor. Few things truly excited him, but the more he thought about the rumor, the more he wanted to leave class right then and go search Pacific Mall for the cinema. Of course, he'd never actually do that.

"Okay Endo-san. See you later." He nodded and let her go back to her seat before glancing briefly at Ryuji once more, and turning to face forward again.
FUKKATSU

Postby Imenak » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:18 pm

| Group 1 - Classroom |

When Eri suddenly punched Ryuji in the arm, he only frowned back in the typical manner as he rubbed his arm. What an uncouth response! She was definitely not moé. When she began to comment on his tastes, he had promptly drifted off onto another train of thought, unable to process her words until there was a more convenient time. He had more important things to contemplate. Ah ha! The boy hit his palm with a closed fist in realization. He was wrong! She was moé. He was just looking at it the wrong way. "You're the bokkuko!" he had almost said, but Eri had already dropped into another line of conversation. Unfortunately, this was interesting him enough to not want to interrupt. "Intriguing," was his only response to her, before she vented a bit of her frustration and sat back down elsewhere in the class.

Unlike Masato, Ryuji took no notice to the two girls that had entered the classroom. They were acting far too normally for him to be distracted from his very important thinking. He rubbed his chin. Old-fashioned cinema? That sounded disturbingly similar to the location in his dream. Maybe it wasn't just a dream. He'd have to ask Eri more about it later, since class was starting soon. Maybe around lunch. Huh? That felt weird. In any case, he would surely investigate this himself, if anything. With the dream, Eri mentioning he should go see a movie (which he finally just processed), and then his cinema mystery, he felt like it was destiny to make something happen. "This feels like the beginning of something... adventurous," he observed, saying it rather flatly at Masato, and uncomfortably staring at his classmate for a few moments. It was as if he was expecting some stereotypical one liner from him, or some kind of confirmation. Fortunately, Ryuji sat himself down after a few seconds after realizing class would start.

"If this was a high school shounen, I will surely need to find the main character to go with me. Maybe it's not him?" he mused, as he went back to diligently sitting at his desk.
My Characters' Endings

Postby Deena » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:26 pm

Group 1 - Classroom

Shiori didn't mean to eavesdrop. She wasn't the eavesdropping sort. She even scolded her brother more than a few times for eavesdropping. That was why she grimaced just slightly more than she usually did when she overheard Eri telling Masato and Ryuji about the mysterious cinema.

The mysterious cinema...

Shiori zoned out for a moment, pondering this. It was just like her dream, wasn't it? No, no, this was stupid, childish. Why would she go to a place like that? She had studying and kendo practice to do. Homework, chores, things she should be doing.

But...

She casually glanced at Natsumi; she didn't know about Shiori's dream, as Shiori was anything but the type to tell others about the random ventures her mind took at night. They were simply surrealist interpretations of memories, that was all. Dreams, no matter how real, were nothing to obsess over. Were they? She huffed vehemently, even though she was still unsure of her thoughts on that dream and its curious relation to the cinema. She could just take a side trip and visit it, there was no harm in that. She could prove her curiosity wrong and move onward. Yes. Definitely. There was nothing wrong with that.

Right?

Postby Berry-tan » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:12 pm

Group 1 - Classroom

It was impossible. Natsumi knew that as she sat in her seat. Rumors were hardly ever true but... She couldn't help but think back to the strange man who'd seemed to invade her dreams. She'd tried to rationalize away the thought that maybe... just maybe her dream wasn't just a dream. It was just a coincidence... She sat down quietly, the image of a well behaved student even as her mind kept working.

She'd never know unless she checked...

It was a longshot, but after having the dream invade her thoughts everytime she didn't have something to focus on she was willing to try anything to get some answers, or at least some closure. 'I'll ask Endo-san about the cinema during lunch...'
Last edited by Berry-tan on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sept. 03, 2012

Postby Jay » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:20 pm

Finally, the bell rings its cheerful jingle, ushering in the homeroom teacher, Tada-sensei. An upright, well-dressed, well-groomed young woman who earns much respect from her students for her determination as an educator. Unfortunately for Tada-sensei, she wasn't very competent at her job, and her students knew it. But, she was well liked for the most part, though some have their reservations about being taught by her.

"Morning class! I hope your summer breaks went well. Now, I hope you've done all your homework...."

Group 1 - Classroom - Lunchtime - Partly Cloudy
> After a routine morning period, it is lunchtime.
> Endo Eri sits at her desk with a small, simple bento of walnut rice before her.
> In deep meditation, she stares at her lunch blankly, holding her chopsticks lightly to her lips.

Postby Cascade » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:02 am

Masato opened his suitcase. A sky blue box of respectable size carried his lunch inside. Other students might have looked oddly at him. The way it was shaped and it size pointed to it being some girl's packed lunch. Masato simply opened it casually without caring too much. He'd just stuffed some of his leftovers from breakfast inside, along with rice and a few other things. The lunch box was his sister's, back when she attended the same HS. She didn't use it anymore, so he figured it would be fine for him to borrow it without asking.

The young man smiled subtly and brushed a bit of brown hair away from his forehead as a cool breeze flowed through the classroom. The food was cold, but he didn't particularly mind. He raised his chopsticks, but paused, looking about the classroom for the others.

Ryuji came to mind. He'd given Masato a strange look after what Eri said, and somehow the young men had established a wordless understanding at that moment. The first thing Masato had thought was that Ryuji was simply joking. But that was one classmate he unfortunately had to take seriously, even at his most strange.

"It's amazing more people don't notice. They must be just looking at Ryuji's face, and not actually listening to what he says." Assuming Ryuji was still around, he briefly looked over at the other boy, and his shoulders drooped for a moment, going slack with pity. If not, he just glanced at his desk. "When I think about it that way, I kind of feel sorry for the guy... Maybe I should talk to him more."

But this wouldn't do. He was eating lunch alone. Perhaps Eri could use some company. He briefly scoped her out. The girl seemed ready to enjoy a meal of walnut rice. However, she was frozen in the moment, holding her chopsticks to her mouth. He blinked; Masato admitted to himself that he'd felt that it was a particularly cute image, but didn't think on it any more than that.

Rising from his seat with his bento and walking over, she probably took notice of him before he got close.
"Hey. You mind if I sit with you, Endo-san?"
FUKKATSU

Postby Imenak » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:12 am

| Group 1 - Classroom |

Ryuji ate his lunch alone, and in silence, looking quite contemplative. During class, his mind was busy focusing entirely on educational matters, but now that he was free, he naturally gravitated back to what Eri had mentioned. Yes, he had promised himself that he'd ask the girl more about it during lunch, but for some reason, he just didn't feel... right doing it. Not yet. The spectacled boy looked up towards the girl, just in time to see her in her own little world as well. How could he interrupt a contemplative aura such as that? He wouldn't have it if it was him! Plus, it was such a nice moment for a brusque girl.

Naturally, the far saner Masato didn't seem to have that sort of inclination at all. He approached the girl rather effortlessly. "You fool! You have ruined such a moment of moé!" Ryuji screamed in his head. Unfortunately, his thoughts reached his features anyway, as he looked absolutely outraged as he continually pulled at his hair. Because it was him, though, it just ended looking rather comical.

After a quick moment of that nonsensical hair ripping and arm flailing, he snapped out of his frustrations and resolved himself. Since Masato had already broken the ice, it was only natural for him to try and join in too. Then, not quite unlike a serpent, Ryuji stealthily slithered over to the scene. Before either of his targets knew it, he was right beside them, leaning over and looking at them through the glare of his glasses. He grabbed the side of them with two fingers. "And I, as well?" he remarked, not so soon after Masato. He observed the two for a brief moment. Hmm. Could they be the protagonists? Surely, he was nothing more than the support or the advice sage.
My Characters' Endings

Postby Deena » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:53 pm

Group 1 - Classroom

The Uehara girl had been debating the necessity of it all morning, but had finally decided firmly on a conclusion; she would apologize to Endo for eavesdropping upon the conversation this morning, but would inquire further about the mysterious cinema that she had mentioned. The only problem was that Inoue and Kanzato were already conversing with her. Masato was fine, a generally friendly and popular guy who didn't draw much attention to himself, but there was always something about Ryuji that grated on her nerves. He was exactly the type of person Shiori would have to protect her Natsu-chan from the clutches of. Really, she didn't know much about the guy, since he generally kept to himself, but he had a tendency to say some strange things sometimes. It was always the quiet ones that you had to watch out for, after all.

Shiori grimaced. Nothing different from her usual expression, really. Well, it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Get in, ask the question, get out. She nodded to her friend sitting next to her. "I'll be just a moment, Natsu-chan." The schoolgirl took a deep breath and stood up with a stiff, false calmness. She stepped over to the group that had just begun conversing over lunch. "Sorry for interrupting your meal, Endo-san, but I overheard you talking about a strange cinema that opened up. I apologize for eavesdropping, but would you happen to have any more information about it?" She huffed slightly, her eyes shifting to her left, looking at nothing in particular. "Not that it's of any interest to me, but my brother loves those sorts of things."

Postby Berry-tan » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:18 pm

Group 1 - Classroom

Natsumi hadn't really formed any sort of plan for how to approach Endo, she'd become distracted with the lesson and hadn't paid the thought anymore time until the lunch bell rang. She'd noticed Masato and Ryuji approach the rather tomboyish girl and had lost a bit of her heart since she didn't want to interrupt their conversation. It just wasn't polite, and she really didn't know any of the three well enough to just barge in. Though that line of thinking changed as Shiori went over and asked about that very same subject.

Picking up her carefully wrapped double stack bento lunch and went over behind Shiori and smiled sheepishly. "Actually, Endo-san's story made me curious as well. I-If it wouldn't be a bother maybe we could have lunch with you as well and listen?" She lifted the rather large bento up cheerfully. "I can share some of the neopolitan cookies I made for dessert if anybody would like some as well."
Last edited by Berry-tan on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cascade » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:58 pm

[Group 1 - Classroom]

"Geh!" Masato jumped with surprise when he heard Ryuji's voice. The other young man had just slipped surreptitiously into the space next to him while he was giving Endo his greetings. Though it wasn't the foremost of thoughts on his mind, he had to wonder where the strange classmate had "teleported" in from.

Soon two other familiar faces joined him. Masato felt something odd about the situation. Shiori and Natsumi both drew close and expressed a similar interest in eating with Endo. Besides the fact that he worried Endo would feel mobbed, Masato was also concerned with the possibility that the conversation would grow awkward with the other two around. He didn't know them that well, and so although he carried himself with confidence, he didn't want to give poor impressions.

At least, that was how Masato felt until he recalled Ryuji's transparent presence, and surmised that he'd always look a bit less "odd" to others as long as that guy was around.

"Ah, Uehara-san. Yo. And Hachirou-san as well." Masato managed a colorful wink. His greeting was a little bit rude; perhaps overly casual, but not inexcusable. Perhaps it was because Masato occupied that strange position of acquaintance that he felt he had such freedom. His loose hair bobbed as he energetically nodded to the other two, greeting them.
"Nice of you to join us."

There was a lull in his voice, before it seemed that the pale blue eyes in his head grew wider, and more childish. He turned back to Endo a bit more frantically.

"Erh, I mean, as long as it's okay with you! Right?"
FUKKATSU

Sept. 03, 2012

Postby Jay » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:08 am

> Eri looks about her in momentary shock.
> She quickly turns away, clasping her hands together with a smile of gratitude.
> She quickly turns back with a shining smile.
"Hahahaha! Oh, of course you all can have lunch with me!"
> She makes to push some desks together.
"Ah! The cinema rumor, is it? Sure, sure. I didn't figure it to be one in such demand though."

> Then, Natsumi mentions cookies.
> A cattish appears on her face, which she tries to cover with a hand lightly.
"Coincidentally, I was just thinking, 'Ah, I forgot to pack side dishes to go with my rice.'"
> Eri reveals her broad grin.
> She seems to think you'd all take the hint.

Postby Cascade » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:25 am

Group 1 - Classroom.

Masato looked genuinely pleased that Eri agreed. He flashed a beautiful smile, which quickly dissipated into a mild cringe.

"Damn. I've only got this cold egg stir fry and rice. She might not be *that* hungry."

Nevertheless, Masato smirked amusedly and narrowed his eyes at Eri.
"So, we need to bribe you huh? You run a tough bargain, Endo-san."

Then, more bashfully, he opened his lunchbox. The eggs didn't look particularly appetizing to him, but they were pretty skillfully made, as simple as they were.

"Err, it's... not the best looking. But I can guarantee you they're tasty. And I'll give you more if you like!" There was a trace of desperation in Masato's voice, like he had more food than he could eat, and he needed someone to get rid of it for him.
FUKKATSU

Next

Return to Role Playing