Persona: Frame Heart || OOC || I dunno either

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Persona: Frame Heart || OOC || I dunno either

Postby Jay » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:08 am

For people wanting to sign up for the two slots currently open, please read this post, but then also read the following post: viewtopic.php?p=2613476#p2613476

This is important info. Thank you for the interest.

Persona: Frame Heart

1. Table of Contents_______________________________________________

(Use the Find function. If it's "a. Side A" under "2. Prologue", then search for "2a.")

1. Table of Contents
2. Prologue

a. Side A
    b. Side B
3. Game Information
    a. Format
    b. Player Characters
    c. Persona
    d. Weapons
    e. The Elements
    f. S. Links
    g. Setting
4. Character Sheet Template
5. Misc. Notes
6. Cast Index
7. NPC Character Sheets

a. Operator, Yamaki Hinake
    b. Classmate, Endo Eri

2. Prologue_____________________________________________________
2a. Side A______________________________________________________

Welcome...... Velvet Room......
Do not be alarmed, you are fast.................. real world.

The image of an old gentleman appears, flickering with grain like an old roll of film projecting against the back of your retina. Under his long, arching nose are his hands folding as if to conceal the childish glee that he enunciates his words with to the figure--unseen--across from him. In the background, you hear a piano and a singer. The old gentleman is in one of many seats, among many rows of seats. The only lighting came from the flickering light emanating from somewhere before the gentleman's face.

The image in your head flickers a few more times, filling with grain, before it clears up complete, bringing clarity of sound with it too.

I have summoned you within your dreams. And so we meet again.
... This is a space that only those who have, in one way or another, entered into a contract may enter.
You must abide by your contract and assume responsibility for all decisions you may make.
Your Persona ability, however, is that of the wild card... Compared to that of others, it is very special.
It is like the number zero... empty, yet holding infinite potential within itself.

After a considerable pause, a different, younger voice cuts in:
Empty...?

The old gentleman grins. Then, while considering his answer, he discreetly moves his eyes over, and stares right into you, still wearing that grin....

That was a dream you had 1 or 2 months ago, you can't really recall anymore. You do not know it, but you share this dream with 8 other people. After that night, your fates became intertwined.

2b. Side B______________________________________________________

The year is 2012, and you all live in the mid-urban city of Natsumori. The weather has already begun to cool down from the painfully hot summers of the area at the turn of August into September. There are only a few months before the year turns, and a new school year begins. You will begin school again after summer break, arriving to exciting news of a transfer student who had arrived during the break. These excitements, however, are set before a background of danger and misery.

Amid the burning asphalt, stores have long begun closing down, putting out sales or doing lay offs as a result of the earlier recession of the economy, and the subsequent effort to repair it. The economy has seemed to stabilized, temporarily, but a strong air of uncertainty still lasts, especially in the decaying husk of what used to be the busiest, most diverse shopping centers, now reduced to a few stores, though a number have grown larger as a result of the loss of competition or synergy.

It is not these turn of events that have people worried, though it is a part of it. The epidemic of Apathy Syndrome a few years ago hangs heavily on the minds of citizens, now that it seems another epidemic has started in their very own town. Though the victim counts and patterns of the disease seems to be less and different, doctors diagnose that the current epidemic is at least a very similar disease: perhaps a different strain, or a cousin. What is certain about what it has done, is that ever since it appeared a couple of months ago, it has magnified the direness of the economic troubles, leading to people giving up life and taking the streets, sometimes forcing even more stores to close down. The line between those truly struck by financial problems and those struck by the disease is unclear, and the exact numbers of either unknown.

It is on that first day of school where you will take your first step towards discovering the truth behind this "Apathy Syndrome", with the aid of your "Persona".

3. Game Information_______________________________________________
3a. Format______________________________________________________

The game with have a mostly linear, overarching plot, with a mixture of freeform and linear/planned subplots. There will be space for 8 PC's (player characters), all of whom will be persona users (who fight). As GM, I will control the Operator character (e.g. Rise in P4 or Fuuka in P3) as an NPC. During the first chapter, there will only be 4 PC's. At the (quick) conclusion of the first chapter, the second half of the PC cast will be accepted. Sign ups for both groups will be done separately (and signing up both times is totally allowed). There is a one character per person limit for PC's.

3b. Player Characters_____________________________________________

They will form the main protagonists of the story, and will all wield Personas. They cannot switch their Persona actively, and their Persona will only change in the case of personal growth (which I'll green light when I think it happens, though I invite people to plan it with me ahead of time). Each character must be of a different Arcana (from the Major Arcanas of the traditional Tarot deck). However, the Fool, Judgment, and the World are off limits.

Of the 8 player characters, the initial 4 must specialize in one of the 4 main elements (ice, fire, lightning, and wind). The characters may either specialize in physical skills or elemental and healing skills. (Think of how Yousuke, Yukiko, Chie, and Kanji are like in P4, or how Junpei, Yukari, Mitsuru, and Akihiko are like in P3.)
Additionally, they must all attend high school and be second year students at the beginning of the game. It's up to the players what their relationship with each other are, but they should all at least know each other one way or another, at least vaguely.

The latter 4 will have less, but very different restrictions. They get the option to have or use Light and Dark elemental magic along with one of the main elements, or may switch in the main element for an Almighty spell. Variably, they may also be purely physical skill based and have significantly better stats, etc. (Characters like Naoto from P4, or Koromaru, Ken, Aigis, or Shinjiro in P3.) If you have a unique persona skill set concept, it'd go in this group, so feel free to PM me about it.)
Unlike the initial 4, this 4 may come from a variety of backgrounds, though it's preferable if you build a reason for them to visit the school on a regular basis, at least. If not, then they must have a cellphone (though it's preferable that everyone does). Their age also does not matter, though it's also preferred that they're young enough to actually be able to fight, and do it for a good while. So no one over 40, and preferably much younger, if you're going for an older character. The only restriction is that they cannot be second years at the high school, but they may be first years or third years. The only thing with third years, however, is that they'll be graduating mid-way through the RP, so third-year senior student characters who'd be gunning for a big school outside the city or something are discouraged, unless you want to just quit part way.

3c. Persona_____________________________________________________

I am fine with having Persona based on Japanese mythology or any other sort of folklore. This is a more urban environment, so a more non-Japanese selection like in P3 is fine, and I imagine it'll be easier on everyone anyways. Make sure the Persona does match up to the Arcana though, and make sure your skill set also works with the persona at least generally. I won't be too picky about it.
On the issue of using persona, the player characters will follow the method used in Persona 4 (which presumably happens in the other persona games, but just wasn't shown). This means they'll manifest an image of the card in their mind (making it appear), and then proceed to break it in some way. The way they go about it is up to you (and can be different from time to time). This will summon your persona.
In regards to the use of persona, once the card has been "broken" once, until you call them away, the Persona will remain "active", usually trailing behind you. When active, the Persona simply stays by the user and protects them from immediate threats as almost a separate will. It will also receive damage in place of the user. Doing so, however, is a drain on the Persona and its user. As a result, if a Persona is forced to take too much damage in place of the user, it will be forced to go "dormant" and the user will faint or otherwise go unconscious. Also note that, though the Persona receives the damage, the user will still feel pain and be affected by physics and forces as per usual.
In addition to providing protection, the Persona also amplifies the user's physical ability along the lines of its own strengths (and weaknesses). So, a high AGI Persona will let you dodge better, similar to how it's in the game. Any passive abilities the Persona has is also granted with the "activation" of the Persona.
As for attacking with Persona, it requires a separate "command". The user does not have to be specific (yelling out "Persona!" or the Persona's name would suffice), as the Persona will understand the user's intentions and the specifics of the command without saying. This requires the imaging of yet another card, and breaking it again, for each command. This applies to Physical, Magic, and Support skills.
Finally, no flying people. I don't really think ~trinity souls~ made a good call with that.

3d. Weapons____________________________________________________

I'm fairly lenient on weapon choices, but it'd be best of each character had some vague explanation on how they're able to use their weapon, if they do at all. If they don't, how they use it should be representative of that (i.e. Junpei). However, I do discourage people from choosing very complex or advanced weapons, or weapons like guns, without a good reason. I also follow with P3's rule somewhat, where melee weapons have a bigger pay off with crits, but missing with them can leave you really open, while ranged attacks there are no problems, but also no pay off. There won't be a particularly formal procedure surrounding this, but the way my reactionary posts play out will take this into account, so just keep it in mind when choosing a weapon.

3e. The Elements________________________________________________

In the recent Persona games, there's been a focus on 7 elements, in addition to physicals. The four main elements featured are Fire, Wind, Electric, and Ice. For the most part, they just do what they usually do: burn a guy, zap a guy, etc. They just hurt and do damage. They're also the elements that enemies are weak against most often (but also strong against, most often).
They're the basics, but are most reliable, so the earlier characters in the main cast typically feature them.
Besides the main 4, there is Light, Dark, and Almighty. Almighty is like a "neutral" magic, with no real element. No enemies are every strong or weak against it. Otherwise, it pretty much works the same.
Light and Dark, however, are rather special in Persona. They are exclusively instant death-type spells. Conversely, they have a low chance of working, and are useless against bosses.
The last 3 elements (Light, Dark, Almighty, which I refer to as the 'special elements') typically only appear a bit into the game, which is why I restricted it from the group one characters, since you guys should start kinda weak. That sorta idea.

3f. S. Links_____________________________________________________

Social links, they're a common motif in the recent Persona games. However, since there isn't one main character or anything, we're going to do things a bit differently. Every PC will have their own little S link web with other PC's and major NPC's (and time permitting, I'll have some minor NPC's prepared once I know what arcanas are left vacant). This will be used as a rough scale for the growth of your character and ego, and will be reflected in the strength of your Persona during the RP (in a qualitative way). This will sort of replace levels and experience points. Additionally, people who're on particularly good terms will be allowed sorts of "at will" abilities that'll allow them to come to each other's aid particularly well, probably. I'll work it out when it becomes relevant. For now, just think of them as bennies or cookies or brownies or golden stars or GM points or whatever. I'll give you a break more, depending on how well your social links (and as an extension, your character) develops. This doesn't necessarily mean just become friends with anyone though, but also being able to RP it well. You guys won't have much to think in regards to it, except for planning amongst yourselves the sort of character development you'd like to do.

3g. Setting_____________________________________________________

Natsumori (Summer Forest), like its name suggests, is home to a lush forest, which is partially situated within the town, but mostly covers its outskirts. It is also home to many parks. Through the town runs a modern subway system, which at one stop connects with the rest of the Japanese rail system, allowing easy travel to other, nearby cities of Japan.
Within Natsumori, there are two major centers for shopping: one is a large, modern mall with a variety of small shops and a food court by the name of Pacific Mall. However, a number of the small stores have closed down, leaving vacant spaces, but it's still quite easy to find anything one might need, though perhaps at not too great a price. This is where one will find all the brand name clothing and shops that specialize in things like video games and movies. It is also where the movie theater and karaoke place is, and the martial arts equipment shop, where the players will purchase their starting weapons, if they need to.
The second is a strip mall by the name of Nanjou Plaza, featuring an expansive parking lot dominated by large, chain stores. Here you will find your Walmarts and Sears, where it'll be easier to things at a good price, though perhaps not everything you want, or not exactly. It also has a number of job opportunities for those still in high school. Additionally, it is where the popular diner-style restaurant "Le Chambre", though most people will just call it Chambre, or the Chambre. The kids who know French might even call it La Chambre, in light of the owner's mistake in naming the restaurant, ignoring the strangeness of giving an American-style diner a French name. It must be cause they serve "French" fries. The restaurant has a strange, French theme featured. The jukebox has a strange number of French songs in it, and the kids meal is sometimes served with the French flag on a tooth pick rather than the Japanese flag, on a toothpick. Otherwise, it is a fairly typical diner, which also features Japanese-style American dishes like hamburg steaks, spaghetti, rice omelets, etc.
Situated away from the residential area and towards the great forest of Natsumori and situated on top of a shallow slope, is Kiyama High. It is a mid-level high school, where ability to enter a good school is possible, but only limited to the most skilled and hard working. Most will either resort to mid-level colleges, family businesses, or working as low-level salary men from the High school. However, the school is still well funded and managed, featuring a diverse collection of clubs, with some cram schools or juku also available right on the grounds. Regionally, it is known to produce some of the better athletes and is well known for its strong fine arts programs.
Within Natsumori, there are many parks, but the largest one, colloquially known as just "the park", is situated near Nanjou strip mall (the mall being in fact built on what used to be part of the park grounds before it was sold off). It features well maintained fields; many benches; a jogging track; a good traffic of dogs, walkers, and bikers; and is home to the largest local shrine. The god therein is one known to provide good fortune in interpersonal relationships. As per usual, the shrine deals in many charms that ward off bad luck and events (e.g. "Safe Driving") and of course, fortunes. Additionally, it is the most popular shrine for New Years celebrations, and where the annual Natsumori Summer festival is held.
Finally, is the large Natsumori forest. It is very large, so it is only sparsely paved, and is overall kept unchanged aside from some signs, benches, and the occasional outhouse or pay phone. It is not a particularly dangerous place, and is frequented by joggers and dog walkers too. It is known that foxes do make their habitats within the forest, but they are not normally aggressive. Regardless, it is not a place where one should visit at night.

4. Character Sheet Template________________________________________

Code: Select all
[b][u]The Persona User[/u][/b]
[u]Name:[/u] [Last name], [First name] (Since I suck, I'm actually going to be a bit picky about these. I'd prefer all the names to actually be believable and sound like they're actually Japanese names, or better yet, really be some. I'm happy to offer help in that regard.)
[u]Age:[/u] (16 to 17 for the first group, except for extraordinary circumstances. Pretty much anything for the second group.)
[u]Birthday:[/u] (Date at beginning of RP is Sept. 03, 2012)
[u]Gender:[/u] (Male or Female)
[u]Arcana:[/u] (May be anything except the Fool, Judgement, and the World.)
[u]Personality:[/u] (Please be brief. I just want to make sure your character concept actually matches up with the arcana you choose. Note that no two PC's may have the same arcana. This means group one applicants have the advantage in getting the arcana of their choice.)
[u]Appearance:[/u] (Just explain how they look in general, and the sorts of clothes they dress in usually outside of school. Also note any altercations they make to their school uniform whichteachersmagicallydonotnotice.)
[u]History & Social Situation:[/u] (Just briefly describe the character's history, as far as people at school and the staff would know. Also elaborate on the person's social situation, as in where they are on the social hierarchy, how they are with their parents, etc. Only share what you feel like though, as it's assumed the more depressing stuff will be shown during the RP. If you have any SUPER depressing stuff though, PM it to me so I can make sure it's alright, though I'm sure it will be.)
[u]Weapon type[/u]: (Just the type of weapon your character uses, and if necessary, describe the way they use them. For example, Junpei wielded large katana, but like baseball bats.)
[u]S. Links[/u]: (Fill out once characters are accepted. Describe on what terms of acquaintance or friendliness you are at with the other accepted PC's. Please discuss among yourselves to figure this out. From this, I'll figure out your S. Link stats, which I'll keep up to date as character development occurs during the RP.)

[b][u]The Persona[/u][/b]
[u]Name:[/u] (I realize some people in mythology have many different names. Just choose the one you want, or the one that's been used in a Persona game.)
[u]Description:[/u] (Brief description of the tales or stores or myths the persona is based on, and of the Persona itself. If possible, links and sources are appreciated.)
[u]Type[/u]: (The main category your persona falls into. For group one, just type in either P for Physical-centric, M for magic centric. If M, fill in next field. For group two, type AP for an all-physical type, 2E for the magic centric type that has a normal element and light or dark. For anything else, just use S, and fill in the next field. S is only usable for Group 2 personas.)
[u]Elaboration[/u]: (If you typed in S for Type, just elaborate on how you want your Persona's ability set to be like. If you typed M, just elaborate on what sort of magic they're focused on. Whether it's offensive or support, or both. If not both, then they can have above average competence in physicals too. If not, just delete this field.)
[u]Element(s):[/u] (What elements your Persona uses. These are also automatically the elements that the persona is resistant against, except Almighty. Fire, Wind, Ice, and Electricity are the four main elements. Light, Dark, and Almighty are sorta special elements.)
[u]Weakness(es):[/u] (Elements that the Persona is particularly fragile against. No PC's will be weak against physicals.)
[u]Stats[/u]: (Just rate each stat on a 5 point scale to give me a quick reference for what your Persona's strengths and weaknesses in terms of stats are supposed to be. It's just reference for me, and won't be actually numerically applied or anything.)
[list][*]St: (Strength. The power of physical attacks.)
[*]Ma: (Magic. The power of magic attacks.)
[*]En: (Endurance. The Persona's ability to take punishment.)
[*]Ag: (Agility. The ability to hit or dodge, along with just general agility, speed, and ability to do acrobatics, etc.)
[*]Lu: (Luck. I will assign a value here myself, and it'll be used to balance off overpowered or underpowered stats if necessary.)[/list]

5. Misc. Notes____________________________________________________

All the main protagonists will be PC's, played by the players. Except for the operator, I will not be playing a character in the main party (who are the protagonists). As such, leadership within the party's also going to be decided by the party members. The likelihood is that the leader will be someone who's in the initial group of four though.

If there's weird Japanese shit that needs to be explained though, feel free to ask.

Also, honorific use is preferred, if you're able to do it, cause like, the recent games use them. Thx.

Finally, there is no spell/skill list. I'm just going to trust you guys won't be retarded with what your Persona can do. And it won't be necessary to name them, since the names are never said. I'm just going to assume that we'll be able to tell the nature of the attack and what it does whenever you describe it in your post. Visually, they can look almost like anything, and their effect may dynamically change according to what you're asking the Persona to do, since we get this kind of flexibility.

6. Cast Index____________________________________________________

Group 1:
The Hermit, Kanzato Ryuji: Wind - Imenak
The Tower, Inoue Masato: Fire - Cascade
Justice, Uehara Shiori: Electricity - Deena
The Empress, Hachirou Natsumi: Ice - Berry-tan

Group 2:
The Star, Romoji Kido: N/A - Ro Wong
The Sun, Utsuho Raven: Fire/Light - Aura
The Moon, Kuroda Emi: Ice/Dark - Hana
The Hanged Man, Li Xiaojing/Sato Takashi: N/A - Lotus Flower

NPC's:
The Devil, Yamaki Hinake: Dark - NPC
???, Endo Eri: N/A - NPC

7. NPC Character Sheets___________________________________________
7a. Operator, Yamaki Hinake________________________________________

Persona User
Name: Yamaki, Hinake
Birthday: February 12th, 2000
Arcana: The Devil
Personality: Spoiled, stubborn, and whines when she doesn’t get her way, Hinake is quite the little princess (ojou-sama). She will exact punishment on people who refuse her with a vengeance. That is, however, simply her selfishness as a kid, spoiled as she is. She really does mean well, but her baser desires for candy and attention are often overpowering. Hinake’s also able to be cute at will, thus disarming almost any adults, and a lot of girls. For those who actually know her though, they know she’s a bitch, pretty much. Additionally, she can use a lot of really rude language.
Appearance: As a young lady, Hinake enjoys a lot of cute outfits. There is quite a range, but skirts and large belts and many dangly key chains/cellphone straps/little dolls/little animals are a common theme, along with stripes and vibrant colours. Most of the time, she’ll put on a cute pair of pigtails, with her bangs parted slightly to one side from the middle. With typical black hair and dark brown eyes which open wide, Hinake opens up a portal to dimension adorable. Predictably, she’s rather short and petite, though she packs a lot of energy in herself. Hinake attends an elementary school within the city limits, and as such wears the navy blue sailor uniform that the school sports, with an cute matching sailor cap. By the way, the girl loves Jack Frost. Many of her things are modelled after Jack Frost.
History & Social Situation: Hinake’s always been a smart kid, since she obliged to her father’s demands to do well in education (for bribes). Due to her success and intelligence, she is lavished with praise and gifts by her father, which she now feels entitled to from everyone. Her father is responsible for funding much of the building of Yamaki High, and thus it is named after him. He performs administrative duties at the school now, and she goes straight there whenever school lets out, meaning she’s well known among the students in Yamaki High as his daughter, as she arrives before clubs let out. One of her hobbies is to be a busy body and just look in on club activities, enjoying herself as she exercises influence over people older than her. At the end of the day, she commutes back with her father to their residence outside the city limits, though only a 15 minute commute away from the main train station in Natsumori.
Weapon type: N/A
S. Links:

Persona
Name: Gremory
Description: Gremory is a strong Duke of Hell that governs twenty-six legions of demons. He tells all things past, present and future, about hidden treasures, and procures the love of women, young and old, but especially maidens.
He is depicted as appearing in the form of a beautiful woman with the crown of a duchess tied around her waist, and riding a camel.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gremory
Type: Analysis/Operator
Element(s): Darkness
Weakness(es): Light
Stats:
  • St: 1
  • Ma: 1
  • En: 4
  • Ag: 4
  • Lu: 5

7b. Classmate, Endo Eri___________________________________________

Classmate
Name: Endo, Eri
Birthday: Oct. 31, 1995
Arcana: ???
Personality: Totally ignorant of the personal space of others, rumour-loving, and just a bit dumb in the head, Eri is an exceedingly friendly but insensitive girl. Her cute looks but slack demeanour has earned her many male pals in place of female friends, of which she does not have many of.
Appearance: http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/1094/enkoerirep.jpg
History & Social Situation: Daughter to an artist and a musician, Eri has been raised on a very large repertoire of fine arts activities. While not unhappy with them, she lacks a certain enthusiasm that her parents wish she’d have. Rather, she is rather interested in her small hobby of field lacrosse, though she isn’t particularly talented in it.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Re: Persona: Frame Heart || OOC and Sign Up || Group 1 Apps Now

Postby Cascade » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:24 am

Reposting my Arcana guidelines.

These are the trumps of the Tarot that the Persona series uses to classify characters and Persona, according to their personality, and in the case of the mythological Persona, their story. Persona is usually pretty loose about these, so don't wring your hands over them too much, but generally it's a good idea to have a character who fits well with his/her arcana, as well as a Persona that meaningfully associates with the character and arcana appropriately.

A couple notes
1. There are more ways to interpret the Arcana than this. My list is *very* abbreviated.
2. Arcana are highly subjective, just like fortune telling itself. You may or may not agree with others on their interpretation of an arcana, but do try to understand that they may have some reason for it.
3. Each arcana also has the "Reversed" meaning, which is essentially the inverse of all the arcana's qualities. A character could theoretically be of an arcana and have the reversed qualities it symbolizes.

I'll link to the Wikipedia articles as well.

Fool: -
Magician: Creative, determined, dynamic
Priestess: Calm, wise, helpful
Empress: Motherly, nurturing, controlling
Emperor: Authoritative, leader, disciplined
Hierophant: Knowledgeable, conservative, advisor
Lovers: Empathetic, desirous, romantic
Chariot: Competitive, confident, impulsive
Strength: Patient, steadfast, serene
Hermit: Isolated, thoughtful, reflective
Fortune: Spurious, free-spirited, unpredictable
Justice: Impartial, objective, responsible
Hanged Man: Self-sacrificing, contemplative, individualistic
Death: Sadness, recovery, resigned to change
Temperance: Balanced, moderate, healthy
Devil: Materialistic, passionate, obsessed
Tower: Misfortunate, in transition, realistic
Star: Optimistic, hopeful, joyful
Moon: Deceptive, doubtful, imaginative
Sun: Radiant, open, encouraging
Judgement: -
World: -
FUKKATSU

Postby Cascade » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:54 am

The Persona User
Name: Inoue Masato
Birthday: April 12, 1995
Arcana: Tower
Personality: Optimistic, upbeat, normally quiet and aloof but actually quite friendly, straightforward, realistic, independent. When he's not interested in something, or someone, it's plainly obvious, but he can get very excitable and enthusiastic when he is fascinate with something. It's hard to get rid of him if he considers you his friend. He often has a dark sense of humor, and amuses himself, with faint bitterness, about his poor luck. However, he seems intent on taking everything in stride and handling life gracefully. He enjoys being alone and doing simple manual tasks, but actually has a talent for more complex things and contradicts his own nature by wanting companionship. He's surprisingly traditional despite his contemporary looks and attitude. (Good at hobbies like origami and traditional Japanese cooking.) He has a few deep ideas about life but never philosophizes too deeply. His tendency to see a crisis as a challenge or be unusually calm about difficult situations might make him seem insensitive to most, and his overall demeanor is friendly but distant. He can get hotheaded sometimes, and overly blunt other times. However, he doesn't actually get truly angry that easily. Not a boy who frequently worries about what others think of him, but he does worry about himself more privately.
Appearance: Chestnut brown hair of a very dark shade, parted into uneven bangs and swept to the right, pale blue eyes. Somewhat tall, slim and athletic build. At school, he wears his uniform normally but often takes off the jacket and ties it around his waist. His out of school clothes are fairly similar, in that he wears black jeans and a dark blue denim jacket which he often ties around his waist rather than wearing. He also has a pair of leather gloves for cold days which are usually just tied to his waist as well. As for undershirts, he usually wears plain white tank tops or t-shirts. His typical white, fitted t-shirt has a long red stripe going vertically up the right side, to the right of his collar, going over his shoulder and down his back as well.
History & Social Situation: At school, he's known as the boy who always helps run the local shrine. He's good-looking and fairly popular, but he doesn't seem to make any lasting friendships. Among those who know about him, he has a reputation for friendliness and a lack of interest in school work. His grades are average; he never studies or takes exceptionally hard classes. Although a member of the track team, he often doesn't participate in practice for some reason. He lives with his father and older sister, who is a shrine maiden as well as a college student.
He enjoys sedentary hobbies like reading, video games and TV, so he has to force himself to stay in shape. It seems like he can never actually get into a good mode of alternation, and thus some weeks seems to do nothing, and other weeks seems totally active. It seems like he's in a hurry to do many things in one go. His personality does match with his O blood type, being sociable and agreeable, though not apparently at first. His best subjects in school are history and sciences.

Weapon type: Japanese spear. (Yari)
S. Links: --

The Persona
Name: Kagutsuchi / Hi no Kagutsuchi
Description: The short-lived Japanese god of fire. In birth he burnt his mother Izanami to death, and was torn apart by his father Izanagi in a rage. His body parts formed volcanoes, while his blood, flowing off Izanagi's sword, became several new gods. Kagutsuchi's birth marked the beginning of death in the world.
Type: M
Elaboration: Primary offense is fire spells. Secondary offense is physical attacks. Also learns ailment spells. Overall stats and abilities are excellent, but luck is worse. Does not learn healing or support spells.
Element(s): Fire
Weakness(es): Ice
Stats:
  • St: 4
  • Ma: 4
  • En: 3
  • Ag: 5
  • Lu: 1

Skills: (I did them for the lulz)
Agi: Inflicts minor Fire damage on one enemy
Cleave: Inflicts minor Physical damage on one enemy
Bewilder: Inflicts Distress upon one enemy
FUKKATSU

Postby Imenak » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:49 pm

The Persona User
Name: Kanzato Ryuji
Birthday: February 13, 1995
Arcana: Hermit
Personality: Ryuji is cool, calm, and calculating. Well, at least that’s what it seems like initially. He’s actually more like a deadpan snarker, who might just have trouble expressing his emotions properly. Deep down, he’s actually a pretty eccentric guy, who likes to obsess over little details, and constantly contemplates the universal importance of moe. He’s intelligent and knows how to organize things well, but often diverts too much of his skills into odd hobbies.
Appearance: Ryuji has dark blue, short scruffy hair, whose bangs part near the left his head, with the right portion of the hair swept towards the appropriate direction. His eyes are a rather simple and dark brown that can often seem black when there’s not enough illumination in the area. He’s about 5’ 8” in terms of height, and has an average build that seems to indicate he only does something physically strenuous when necessary. He wears a pair of square rimmed glasses that he often pushes up to emphasize his words. His casual clothing choice can easily be described as not being very casual. He usually wears some sort of slacks, even when not in school, and wears a sweater vest of varying patterns over a whatever color of dress shirt. Even when the weather is hot, his manner of dress still remains the same, with him only unbuttoning the top of his dress shirt and pushing up his sleeves. His school uniform is unmodified and as proper as it can possibly be.
History & Social Situation: Ryuji is the son of a wealthy family, who’s work often keep them away from home and even out overseas. However, due to his unwillingness to share details on his home life, this only really known by the staff. The students of the school typically only see him as the “class representative”-type of person, and the smart kid of the class, as he often marks high on tests and regularly participates in class. His homeroom classmates and friends are usually the only ones who know of his other eccentricities, but put up with him in the same manner anyone would with the odd duck of a group. Nonetheless, they do still get creeped out by the way he can suddenly appear from nowhere, and often makes nigh-non sequitur observations. Not much else is known about his past, since it’s a line of conversation that rarely ever gets brought up with him.
Weapon type: Darts, and any number of items that can thrown in a similar manner.
S. Links: ------

The Persona
Name: Ahasver
Description: A man who was most well known for insulting the Messiah in his time of suffering and martyrdom, and the punishment that came upon him thereafter. For Ahasver's grievous sin, God doomed him to wander the world until the end of days. He was rechristened the "Wandering Jew" in many stories, and is said to still be walking this earth, waiting for Second Coming so that he may rest at last.
Type: P
Elaboration: Has several physically offensive abilities, as well as the usual basic wind magic. Additionally has support abilities, mostly based around buffing other people's abilities.
Element(s): Wind
Weakness(es): Lightning
Stats:
  • St: 3
  • En:5
  • Ag: 2
  • Lu: 2

So, as per a discussion with Jay, I changed my Persona again to something more specific. Ahasver, the Wandering Jew, to be exact. I also retooled some other things accordingly.

I was bored, so I also tried to draw my Persona too. I'd like to emphasize one thing though (especially in the face of so many critical people)!: This is mean to be a sort of "visual guide" to my persona. Basically, a sketch to give you an idea on how to imagine what he looks likes, since I'm nowhere near good enough to get my mental image onto paper. I mean, just look how badly I fudged proportions as I went downward.

Anyway:
A bit of an explanation:
  • I based him around the idea that the main casts' persona tend to look more abstract than not, making certain parts of their most popular characteristics as part of their appearance (or over emphasizing them), and the fact that they tend to look a bit mechanical.
  • The cloak and walking stick are the only things that are exactly as how I imagine them. Everyone knows that a good wanderer should have a cloak and walking implement of some sort.
  • I used tags to clarify or correct certain aspects.
  • Everything underneath the cloak was just pretty random since I couldn't quite get down what I was imagining, hence the shoddiness. Basically, the idea is that the "pieces" of him are constantly moving and rearranging themselves. Additionally, his "waist" and his upper body are also in constant rotation, one spinning clockwise and the other counter-clockwise. All this, of course, is a symbolic representation of his punishment. Ahasver was forced to wander the world forever, literally. So, his body's never in rest, constantly in movement. Additionally, his fragmentation represents the idea that, over the course of all these years, his body has likely taken a turn for the worst.
Last edited by Imenak on Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Deena » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:45 pm

The Persona User

Name: Uehara Shiori
Birthday: December 23, 1995
Arcana: Justice
Personality: Radically, painfully honest every time words come tumbling haphazardly past her lips, Shiori is the type that seems to perpetually criticize others. She berates anyone who deserves it the first chance she gets without any semblance of restraint. Even when complimenting someone, she has a way of making it seem like an insult. She has a very strong sense of wrong and right, but regardless of a person's personality or background, she generally treats everyone at an equal level. However, she hates weakness of any sort, and thus will not show sympathy to anyone who cries crocodile tears or whines about their responsibilities. This strict attitude of hers applies to herself as well; she is always highly critical of her own actions and mannerisms, forcing herself into a strict, disciplined life. Her charming point, though, is that she can't take compliments well, often blushing and stuttering while denying it and calling whoever made the compliment an idiot or stammering a clumsy thank you. She can also be a bit of a klutz at times, often forgetting her purse at a restaurant or failing miserably at UFO catchers. She has a weakness for cute things and sweets, but denies it vehemently, as she finds it childish; she will still act somewhat nicer to cute children or cute pets. Shiori will also not hesitate to apologize if she knows she is in the wrong, or if she goes too far in her criticism of others.
Appearance: Shiori always seems to have an air of seriousness about her. She always has a frown, scowl, or tight-lipped grimace warping her otherwise attractive face. Her soft features give her an overall youthful look, with large, slightly angled, piercing golden brown eyes, as well as a small, slightly rounded noise, and perpetually pouting lips. Her hair is pitch black and silky, long and straight and cropped to her waist, and her bangs are swept to one side and secured by a plain looking red hair clip. She typically ties it in a high ponytail. She tends to stand with her arms crossed and her feet firm on the ground, or with her arms planted firmly on her sides. She stands at about 5'2, has a slender, fit figure, and her bust is about average. She tends to wear her school uniform most of the time, usually with the official school cardigan over it, but on weekends, she is typically seen wearing a button-up shirt, fitted blue jeans, and a pair of heavy black boots.
History & Social Situation: Shiori is a fairly private person, but her demeanor is that of someone who is especially disciplined. She lives with her aunt, uncle, and little brother at a kendo dojo. Her little brother is a fairly popular middle schooler who will be graduating in the coming spring. There are rumors floating around that she has trouble with her immediate family, but most of those rumors are squashed when friends meet her outwardly stoic but obviously doting uncle.
Weapon type: Shiori wields textbooks. Typically, she attacks in a flurry of multiple, low-damage hits, usually about four or five. Japanese textbooks tend to be slimmer and are usually paperback, so Shiori rolls them up like newspapers and bludgeons her enemies with it, holding it like one would a wooden kendo sword. It's oddly more effective than one would think. She usually prefers using a history textbook, but occasionally uses confiscated magazines or newspapers.
S. Links: --

----------------------------

The Persona

Name: Yama
Description: A Hindu god of death and justice, Yama is assigned the task of keeping complete records of actions of human beings on the earth and having them reincarnated as either a superior or inferior organism depending on their actions on Earth. He has green skin and red eyes, rides a water buffalo, and holds a loop of rope in his left hand in order to pull souls towards him.
Elaboration: Attacks four times for low to moderate damage. If each lands, then the last is a critical hit. If an opponent is defeated before all four attacks are made, then Yama will move onto the next opponent and finish the chain.
Element(s): Electricity
Weakness(es): Fire
Stats:
  • St: 5
  • Ma: 2
  • Ag: 3
  • Lu: 3
Last edited by Deena on Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Postby Berry-tan » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:40 am

The Persona User
Name: Hachirou Natsumi
Birthday: August 25th 1995
Arcana: The Empress

Personality: Friendly and always willing to help, Natsumi is like the big sister that you’d love to have. She’s extremely patient and takes bad attitudes in stride with a constant belief that everyone has a good side. Maybe a bit naive in certain matters she always tries to see things from another person’s point of view when confronted with something. She’s a kind person and will sometimes go out of her way to try and give someone help, even if they don’t really want it.

Appearance: Standing in at five feet seven inches Natsumi has a... lets just say curvy figure and leave it at that. She has long brown hair that’s kept in a braid that reaches down to the middle of her back and she doesn’t seem to have any intentions of cutting it anytime soon, her bangs hang in two tapered strands to frame her face rather nicely. Her eyes are a light shade of brown that always carry a healthy vitality in them no matter what the situation.

In school she wears her school uniform without any alterations to it, donning a cardigan when the temperature outdoors is cold. Outside of school she enjoys wearing rather conservative clothing. Comfortable fitting pants, flowy ankle length skirts, sweaters for cold weather and t-shirts when it’s warm are common things to see her wearing when she’s out and about in the world.

History & Social Situation: With her open personality and caring tendencies Natsumi is well liked at school. She’s a member of both the archery team and sewing club. As of yet she’s never had a steady boyfriend but has had a few dates. She lives in a two story home that has been in her family for two generations now. Her parents work at the local health clinic as a doctor and a nurse. She has younger twin brothers who are in their second year of middle school who tend to cause quite a bit of mischief who seem to be the origin of her mothering attitude.

Weapon type: Bow and arrow
S. Links: Undeveloped

The Persona
Name: Yushkep Kamui
Description: The spider goddess of ainu mythos who is noted for her wisdom and benevolence but also has the strength to choose her own consorts. Often called upon to assist in childbirth because of her long fingers.
Elaboration: Her magic more for support and healing but she has some possibility for offensive magic as well.
Element(s): Ice
Weakness(es): Wind
Stats:
  • St: 2
Last edited by Berry-tan on Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: Persona: Frame Heart || OOC and Sign Up || Group 1 Selected!

Postby Ro Wong » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:46 pm

The Persona User

Name: Romoji Kido

Birthday: February 7, 1996

Arcana: Star

Personality: Cheerful and a bit reckless. Kido carries a level of competent charm that sometimes glows around him. Often becomes too focused on one ordeal at a time and ignores other things around him. Has a strong like for horses.

Appearance: Kido stands at five feet and nine inches, his hair a bright shade of sandy brown and combed back. Common exercise keeps Kido’s body in good shape with a slightly muscular build. The hair reaches down to his shoulders in smooth waves of thin curls. His eyes a bright shade of cobalt blue, often shining behind a pair of thin shades. Kido regularly smiles and laughs at every minor situation. He wears a red jacket during cold season in place of the school jacket, adorned with zippers that run all the way up his sleeves. In warmer seasons, he keeps to the common uniform attire, but rolls his sleeves up to his elbows. But no matter the season, he always wears his red shades.

Outside of school, Kido dons a pair of black slacks and red t-shirt with emblems on both the front and back. The one on the front reads “Fight,” and the back emblem reads “Forever!” He always wears a pair of white sneakers with red stripes. During cold seasons, he wears his red jacket over a plain, black t-shirt, and dark blue jeans.

History & Social Situation: Kido lives with his two younger brothers, both twins in fourth grade, and his mother. His mother has a well-paying job, so the family of four lives well enough, though she’s often away from home for most of the entire day. Kido usually watches after his brothers himself, but luckily they’re rather calm compared to their big brother.

At school, Kido is the resident soccer star. He’s been the team captain the past couple years and tries hard to attend practice each day it comes up. He also has a knack for studying hard whenever exams and quizzes come up, though most time he forgets from studying too hard and gets mainly average scores. Kido is quite popular around school, often being sought after by random girls and getting admiration from the boys. So far though, he’s never given much effort to gaining lots of friends, sticking with the same few people over the last several years.

Weapon Type: Longsword-- Used with both hands. He starts with a thrust, then focuses on purely slashing in spins to make the attacks faster.

S. Links: (Undeveloped)

====

The Persona

Name: Enkidu

Description: A wild-man of Sumerian legend. He was created by the goddess Aruru to counter and rival the king of Uruk, Gilgamesh. After losing a fight to the great king upon their first encounter, he became the ruler’s closest comrade and companion. When the two opposed the will of the gods, Enkidu was the one punished and stricken ill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enkidu

Elaboration: Focuses on physical attacks while learning buffing spells. Later learns Almighty upon Persona change.

Element(s): None

Weakness(es): None. Nullifies Light and Dark.

Stats:
    St: 3
    Ma: 2
    En: 4
    Ag: 2
    Lu: 4
Last edited by Ro Wong on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Demon of Elru

Postby Aura » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:15 pm

The Persona User

Name: Utsuho Raven (half Japanese), nicknamed “Okuu”

Birthday: October 20, 1994

Arcana: The Sun

Personality: Happy, easy-going, very sociable and loyal to the death. Unfortunately for her, the halo created by her genius-level intellect seems to scare people away from her, usually casting an intimidating image of her that doesn’t match the reality. She always tries to cast this image off, but doesn't always seem to succeed. Despite that, she is very eager to offer her help to others, mostly when it’s something related to studies, due to the fact she just can’t deal with sports; it seems like anything physical is her Achilles heel, and every time she has participated in any kind of sport, she had ended up badly hurt in a comical way, or half naked for some unexpected reason, which most of the times tends and apparently impossible to explain; she’s the biggest klutz on the physical branch, for sure. She’s a very bright person though, and always looks towards others' needs, maybe because she hopes to become part or something sooner or later; this reveals that she tends to be a little lonely, sometimes actually being the intimidating genius bitch some think she is.

Easily impressed by others' skills, Okuu-nee-san –which is what nearly everyone that has a crush on her, are being tutored by her, or both of them at the same time, call her- seems to forget she knows almost a little bit of everything, and tends to do things the “normal” way, when she surely knows a way more efficient and easier procedure to follow, which ends up being many more times complicated to the simple mortals that must bear with her ideas –and thus resulting in her not giving much advice when it’s not studies related, waiting for people to actually ask her-. All in all, Raven is a child at heart, with no more experience towards boys than a 12 years old girl, which makes her treat them as little brothers, or just as “people”, without even stopping to notice that sometimes her classmates stare at her a little too much, or that they really aren’t fluent while talking to her.

Appearance: As if the Gods had decided that such a brilliant person couldn’t just rely on personality, Raven is gifted with an impressive curvilinear and seductive body, which she, truth to be told, does nothing to expose it or to hide it; most of the times she doesn’t seem to be aware she is what some boys call “the real deal”, and is incredibly skilled to miss the small groups of people that are usually peeking on every move she makes. Raven’s name is said to be a way to honor her incredibly pitch black hair, which falls like amazing black silk, down to her generous hips, ending in little, messy spikes, and her equally dark eyes, which makes it impossible to tell the limits of the pupils and irises. Her skin is of a light tone, but far from being considered pale, and there are tales and legends about the softness of it, and some other body parts…That doesn't stop her classmates to see her as the typical moe girl with big breasts from time to time...

As the expected perfect school girl, Raven rarely adds or removes anything to her uniform, or at least those are such small details that are meant for only her to notice, like small, thin silver chains around her neck or wrists, which aren’t really uniform manipulations.

History & Social Situation: Born into a particular family –highly respected Japanese family head, household to renown samurais and politicians in the past, now married with American freelancer journalist- Raven is the lone children and successor of the Utusho family. Her superior intellect has created high expectations of what she will do once she finishes high school; getting into a prestigious college/university, and from the becoming a successful businesswoman; of course, Raven have never been actually asked how she feels about it, and it’s of common knowledge that she is okay with that, since it’s the “obvious” thing for her to do. Well, actually, Raven isn’t particularly happy with it, but is trying to deal with it the best she can. That said, the Utusho family is highly respected, and usually is used as an example of a fine family inside the little town, despite the little scandal that happened when her father married such a…unconventional woman.

Weapon type: Crushing/Overwhelming Intellect/Knowledge. Yes, since Okuu can’t even punch herself –or, she could probably only punch herself, and very hard-, her weapon of choice is to make a fast analysis of the enemy situation, and then take the best course of action, most of the times relaying on others' skills, or in her surroundings.

However, since being smart is not enough to keep herself alive, Raven has gone under several kendo lessons, in order to follow the Utsuho’s family tradition. She’s not very good with a katana though, and mostly uses it unsheathed, considering that using a blunt object may cause more harm than anything to her partners.

S. Links: (Fill out once characters are accepted. Describe on what terms of acquaintance or friendliness you are at with the other accepted PC's. Please discuss among yourselves to figure this out. From this, I'll figure out your S. Link stats, which I'll keep up to date as character development occurs during the RP.)

The Persona

Name: Yatagarasu.

Description: The three legged bird that works as Amaterasu’s servant, usually called the “Hell Raven”

Links: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yatagarasu

Type: 2E

Element(s): Fire and Light

Weakness(es): Ice, Dark.

Stats:

• St: 2

Skills: Wide area fire/light based attacks (can be used like an AoE, but these can be also casted away from the user), healling and deffesinve buffs, mainly granting elemental protection.

=======================================================

So, if anyone of the people who is accepted wants to get private/extra classes (if I get accepted as well), I think it would be a nice way to make some S.Links.

Re: Persona: Frame Heart || OOC and Sign Up || Group 2 Sign Ups

Postby Hana » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:16 am

The Persona User
Name: Kuroda, Emi
Birthday: June 30, 1996 (Cancer/Rat)
Arcana: Moon
Personality: True to her blood type (which happens to be A), Emi is sensible and creative, though quiet and very fastidious. Well, if one knew her well, they'd know that was true. She has a habit of making things up, with a tendency of pushing people away. She doesn't typically go for anything too out there...nothing that couldn't be true. It's not lying, really...If people believe the things she says, it's their fault, isn't it?

The real reason she makes things up is that she's afraid to let anyone get close. When people get close, bad things happen, and then people get hurt. It's just easier all around to never care for anyone...or at least, to never show that you really care.

While keeping to herself, she tends to draw or write things that she tries to keep out of the view of others. She has been known to make some very lovely things for art class, though.

Appearance: Emi is very much an oddball in Japanese society, standing out from the norm with her long straight snowy-white hair. Her bangs are feathered to frame her face, and she typically wears her pale locks unbound, hitting her at the small of her back. Her eyes are so dark a brown that they are indistinguishable from black, which are very intense paired with her pale skin and even paler hair.

Assuming that the girl's school uniform requires a jacket, she does not wear it, instead preferring a gray vest (or black, if gray should clash).

Outside of school she tends to wear dresses with spaghetti straps (typically white), with a dark gray cabled cardigan and tall socks in cold weather.

There are two items that she is never without: a silver locket on a delicate chain around her neck, and a silver charm bracelet on her left hand, with numerous tiny mirror charms.

History & Social Situation: She's been withdrawn since the beginning of middle school, and thus is pretty much on the bottom of the social ladder. She doesn't count anyone at school as a friend, and doesn't really talk to others. Even when the bitchy popular girls tried to bully her in years past, she just turned right around and make up hurtful gossip about them, letting them learn the hard way that it was better to just leave her alone.

Her family situation seems normal, with a mother that smothers her with affection (even going so far as to include little notes in her bento) and a father that works all the time. Not much other than that is known, but when people take the time to gossip about her, they whisper that the reason she's like she is is because of a mysterious death in her family.

Weapon type: Manriki - a traditional Japanese throwing chain, 3 feet in length, with spiked weights at each end. (Can be used as a melee weapon if there is another projectile-using character)
S. Links: N/A

The Persona
Name: Hecate
Description: In Greek myth, Hecate was the goddess of the dark moon and magic.

Stole'd straight from wiki:
. . . explain how Hecate gains the title of the "Queen of Ghosts" and her role as a goddess of sorcery. Similar to totems of Hermes—herms—placed at borders as a ward against danger, images of Hecate, as a liminal goddess, could also serve in such a protective role. It became common to place statues of the goddess at the gates of cities, and eventually domestic doorways. Over time, the association of keeping out evil spirits led to the belief that if offended Hecate could also let in evil spirits. Thus invocations to Hecate arose as the supreme governess of the borders between the normal world and the spirit world.

Sauce 2; portfolio + description
Sauce 3; description

Hecate, the persona, appears as a dimly glowing figure of a woman wearing a knee-length tunic and high-heeled ankle boots that lace up to the knee, riding upon a three-headed dog. Over her face, she wears a silver mask/helmet with three faces, one facing outward and the other two facing back toward either direction. In each hand, she holds a lit torch, and behind her, curled up on the back of the dog, is a small dark brown weasel, its muzzle tucked beneath its tail.

Type: 2E
Elaboration: Specializes in Magical attack using Ice and Darkness, as well as debuffs. An eventual Almighty spell would be good, Makarakarn/Reflect still fits with the character concept, but is obviously too powerful for a beginning character.
Element(s): Darkness & Ice
Weakness(es): Light
Stats:
  • Ma: 5
  • En: 1
  • Lu: 4
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Re: Persona: Frame Heart || OOC and Sign Up || Group 2 Sign Ups

Postby Lotus Flower » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:13 am

The Persona User
Chinese Name: Li Xiaojing [里孝靜]
Japanese Translation: Sato Takashi
Birthday: 6th of December 1997
Arcana: The Hanged Man

Personality
Having been taught the importance of developing healthy relationships with others, Takashi makes an attempt to be amicable with the rest of his classmates at Natsumori. However, after the loss of his dearest sister, Takashi has become increasingly reserved and has grown to care little for the values that others may hold. He also bears a grudge towards the Japanese people due to an incident that occurred not long after his arrival into the country. To think that it was a crime to order char siu bao instead of nikuman. Takashi still vividly recalls how he was mistakenly detained as an illegal immigrant who had escaped prison.

Takashi’s mouth is connected to his heart in more ways than one. His great love for steamed buns and his blatant honesty which can sometimes be cruel and hurtful. Takashi can also be surprisingly stubborn without apparent reason and simply cannot stand nosy people that continue to question him about personal matters.

Appearance
Takashi is of moderately short stature, thin build, has a round baby face and a pair of puppy dog eyes. Because of this he is often mistaken as grade schooler. His short black hair forms a fringe around his forehead, evenly cut but without the density to be classified as a bowl cut. Feeling a strange obligation to look nice and orderly, Takashi ensures that his uniform is always worn correctly with all buttons done up and a tie firmly around his neck even during scorching hot summer days. Ironically, his hands are often hidden behind sleeves as he has yet to grow into the shirt that was purchased at the beginning of the year.

The contents inside of Takashi's wardrobe are colourless. His items of clothing include a black baseball cap with a front white quarter, plain white shirts both long and short sleeved, a number of grey ties of varying tones, patternless black vests, numerous pairs of long grey or black trousers and classy black leather shoes. Away from the eyes of the public however, Takashi secretly wears custom tailored hooded panda pajamas, which even have little black ears at the top of the hood.

History & Social Situation
Takashi was abandoned as a child at an orphanage located in a small city along the eastern coast of China. It was here that he developed an inseparable bond with an older sister, Xiao Wei. Even the blood related siblings at the establishment were envious of how close these two were. Before long however, a wealthy Japanese man who had intentions to adopt Wei arrived as she was his illegitimate child. It was explained that the man had been diagnosed with an incurable disease and did not have an heir. He insisted that she come back with him to Japan which she agreed to, but on the condition that Takashi would need to accompany her.

Despite protests from his Japanese relatives regarding the inheritance, the three of them grew into a beautiful family. Sadly, things did not last and it was during the most recent transition from autumn to winter that their father had passed away. And almost as if she were following her father Wei was stricken with a case of Apathy Syndrome. It was then that the rest of the family found the opportunity to gain control over the inheritance, playing with the façade of taking care for Xiao Wei until she recovered when they were secretly embezzling the funds. They did however, allow for the two siblings to stay at their current residence and have even hired a caretaker to look after Wei.

Weapon type: Wind and Fire Wheels
S. Links: -

The Persona
Name: Houyi

Description
A summarised/paraphrased version of my sources.

A well known hero in Chinese mythology, Houyi was an archer of heaven with unrivalled skill. His tale begins long ago during a time where there were ten suns. Each sun would take turns circling the earth one by one. Eventually these suns grew tired of this routine and decided to appear in the sky together. Crops dried up, rivers came to a trickle and the people died from the oppressive heat. Indifferent to the trouble they had caused, the suns all agreed that they would circle the earth together from then onward.

Well aware of their misdeeds, the heavens sent for Houyi, the God of Archery to scare the sun birds so that they would not cause mischief again. After arriving in the mortal realm and gazing upon the suffering of the people he filled with certain sadness. Houyi desperately tried to persuade the suns and even resorted to intimidation however they paid no heed to him and continued to play happily in the sky. Determined to end the pain and suffering of the people, Houyi shot down nine of the ten suns and ended the disaster that befell the earth.

Despite his good deed, the heavens punished Houyi and was striped of his immortality and banished from the heavens. Caring little for this punishment he continued to serve the people of China selflessly and after completing many heroic feats Houyi was bestowed the title of Marquis Pacifier of the Country.

As time passed Houyi came to fear the day he would die and set out on a quest to obtain immortality. After labouring many months, he was able to earn two immortality pills, the last of their kind. Houyi had planned to spend them on his wife and himself but due to a strange twist of fate his wife accidentally consumed both tablets and unwillingly ascended to the moon. Unable to bear the pain of losing his wife, Houyi became a violent tyrant and was eventually taken down by a jealous student when he was vulnerable.

Source 1
Source 2
Source 3

Type: AP
Elaboration: A physical attack centric skill tree coupled with ailment recovery spells.
Element(s): -
Weakness(es): Light and Darkness
Stats:
  • St: 4
  • En: 5
  • Ag: 2
Last edited by Lotus Flower on Fri May 15, 2009 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Persona: Frame Heart || OOC || Group 2 Decided

Postby Jay » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:45 pm

Today is the day that a certain, silent, black haired Japanese teenager began his journey of DESTINY.

Postby Deena » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:13 pm

Did this in the computer lab when I was waiting for my thesis stuff to print.8D

Jaaaaay. Post in Persona. *staaaaaare*
Last edited by Deena on Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Jay » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:13 am

Okay, for those interested in signing up now.

Just to say, I had earlier accepted Hana and Ro Wong into this RP.

However, at present, it seems unlikely that they'll be able to contribute to this RP properly when the time comes. There's still a lot of time, probably, until then, but I've decided I should get a head start in recruiting replacements. To note, this is a committed replacement, so even if it turns out that they'd be able to participate, I'm going to let the replacements go ahead and keep their spot.

Just realize you're signing up for a role that isn't going to actually happen for a while.

Anyhow, Ro and Hana both had characters that were in Group 2. Additionally, both of their characters are born 1996 (Freshman) at the start of the RP, so it's preferable that your characters are that age too. I'm willing to compromise though. Also, one character was female, the other is male. I would like to keep the gender ratio the same, so I'll only be accepting one male and one female.

Other than that, I'm quite open to ideas as long as they don't resemble another player character too much (it'd be worthwhile to look through all the character sheets). Just follow the rules established for the original sign up phase.

Anyhow, while I'd like to offer you as much Arcana as possible, there are some which I've fitted an NPC into where I have a very solid idea of it, so I'm afraid I can't really let those go. Otherwise, they're all free game as long as you seem to have the right idea about the arcana.

Here are the arcana available now:
Priestess
Emperor
Hierophant
Chariot
Strength
Fortune
Star
Moon

Feel free to make an application for both the male and female slots, if you wish.

Re: Persona: Frame Heart || OOC || TWO SLOTS OPEN

Postby Slipslash » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:36 am

Doh ho ho!

Lucky for you Jay, I was playing ye old Persona 3 (FES undub of course)

and I am quite interested in joining this RP.
I'll think of something soon, it might be filled up quick right? I'll have to be quicker.....
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Jay » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:02 am

Nah, I'll be taking my time choosing.

It's not first come first serve, but rather, when it doesn't seem like they'll be anymore entrants, I'll see if I can pick between the applicants available.

So it'll just be on virtue of whichever character I feel fits in best with the rest of the cast, etc. But I suppose having played a Persona game is helpful, but eh, we'll see.

Postby akuma616 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:25 am

You have no idea how much I was kicking myself for not finding this when it was originally open...
I am a major persona fanboy and I have played all of the games (though I was only able to play the first briefly)
I will get a CS prepared and have it up once I think it's good enough.

Postby Redsnow » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:32 am

I am interested in this, as well. Although, pending my acceptance, you may have to watch me hobble a bit before I truly get the grip of things. Ah, well, I'm obsessive, so I'm sure I'll have Persona lore coming out through my pores soon enough.

Postby Mathias » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:52 am

The Emperor pwned in Saiyuki. Hmm...

Postby Vegedus » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:27 am

I've decided to make a go at it too. Not just because it's persona, but the RP seems well constructed, and I also just recalled that I really like using tarots as inspiration.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Mastermind001 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:52 am

WIP

The Persona User
Name: Katsuragi, Suzaku
Birthday: August. 8, 1996
Arcana: The chariot

Personality: Suzaku is a very competitive lad who enjoys winning especially in a match that involves violence. He's quite confident about his fighting prowess and about himself in general. However, this doesn't imply that he goes looking for trouble, he simply enjoys being in it and having it come to him, but he doesn't want to be the cause of it. Other that Suzaku is quite impulsive, he acts before thinking, often getting into trouble because of that nature of his. Rushing into danger or rushing into something he doesn't completely understand, you can be sure that Suzaku will act and look completely sure of himself.

Appearance: Suzaku's hair is crazy and all over the place, covers his eyes. Its color, his hair, happens to be raven black. The color of his irises is amber, a very bright amber. He doesn't wear glasses, but Suzaku does happen to wear a fedora hat, its a shade of pearl, always happens to be on top of his messy little head. His face has no blemises, lucky him, no scars either.

He happens to wear his school uniform's tie loose. The top three buttons of his dress shirt is always unbutton while the pockets of his jacket happens to be inside out. His uniform's pant is also wrinkled and faded out. Out of school, Suzaku, has a whole different appearance except for his hair. His clothing is neatly pressed, cleaned to perfection, and smells like a meadow after a rain storm. He wears a black vertically white striped short sleeve dress shirt with pearl pants and a black belt with a golden belt buckle. His shoes for both sets are black skaters shoes with white laces and no symbols.

History & Social Situation:

Suzaku being the guy that is, he's apart of many clubs, clubs that feature physical activities. Some unfortunately he had to drop (because he wasn't very good, but claimed he was too good) like the swimming team (slow swimmer), boxing (was forced to due a teacher), baseball (

Weapon type: A black and white pair of brass knuckles. How he uses them is simply to deliver punchs to people he doesn't like. The real question is when he uses them and that's only when a fight is unfair.The black brass knuckle is always on his right while the white is always on his left, never the other way around.

S. Links: --------

The Persona
Name: Susanoo
Description: God of Sea and Storms, In Japanese mythology, Susano’o, the powerful storm of Summer, is the brother of Amaterasu, the goddess of the sun, and of Tsukuyomi, the god of the moon. All three were spawned from Izanagi, when he washed his face clean of the pollutants of Yomi, the underworld. Amaterasu was born when Izanagi washed out his left eye, Tsukuyomi was born from the washing of the right eye, and Susano’o from the washing of the nose.

He had a sibling rivalry with his sister, Amaterasu and due to a little stunt of his with his sister, Susanoo was banished from heaven. While on earth, he encountered a distressed elderly couple, who were apparently were having troubles with a creature named Yamata no Orochi as the creature was devouring their children. After listening to their troubles and the beauty of their last daughter capturing his heart, Susanoo decides to help them out. With his sword the Kusa-nagi no tsurugi and his wits, he slayed the vile creature.

Susanoo wields a katana with a silver blade and storm cloud shaped hand guard. He is robotic in his appearance with a long robe that shows off symbols of the sea and storms with Samurai pants. The color of the robes is sea-green as well the armor plates of the Samurai pants. His flesh is dark blue. The only indication of a mouth is three vertical lines where he's mouth is. Susano has glowing purple oval shaped eyes that has a silver grid over them.

Elaboration: Susanoo attacks with a combo at Suzaku's enemies. It starts with two chops, a left and right, that deals light damage and ends with a single back step and a lunge with his sword to pierce the single target for heavy damage.
Element(s): Wind/Ice
Weakness(es): Fire/Lightning
  • St: 5
  • Lu:
Last edited by Mastermind001 on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby ChocolateHurricanex » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:03 pm

WIP

The Persona User
Name: Yamamoto , Shin
Birthday: July 27th, 1996
Arcana: The Moon

Personality:

Appearance:

History & Social Situation:

Weapon type: A Spanish Rapier
S. Links:

The Persona
Name: Tamamo-no-Mae
Description: Tamamo-no-Mae is a legendary figure in Japanese mythology, having an appeared in the Otogizōshi, a collection of Japanese prose written during the Muromachi period and portrayed as a courtesan under Emperor Konoe. She was said to be the most beautiful and intelligent woman in Japan, even with her being only twenty years old of age. It is said there was no question she couldn't answer, be it music, religion or astronomy. Due to her beauty and intelligence, she was adored in the Imperial Court and even the Emperor himself fell in love with her.

After a period of time transcended, with the Emporer lavishing all his affection upon Tamamo all the while, the Emperor was was suddenly struck mysteriously ill, and neither priest nor fortune-teller could find the cause. In the end, an astrologer named Abe no Yasuchikatold the Emperor that Tamamo-no-Mae was the source for his illness, explaining to him that she was in fact a kitsune in disguise, trying to overthrow the Emperor. Shortly afterward, Tamamo has disappeared from the Imperial Palace, managing to elude the hunters sent after her for a while. Alas, she was found and killed on the Plains of Nasu in the end.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamamo-no-Mae

Elaboration: Healing Magic as well as buff's/debuff's.
Element(s): Ice
Weakness(es): Wind & Light
Stats:
  • Ma: 5
  • En: 1
  • Lu:

Postby Jay » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:38 pm

Lol, you guys sure are hard workers, figuring out Japanese mythos to use. xD

I haven't made a detailed look through things, but MasterMind, regarding your persona, I'm not sure I can accept it, since a lot of the individual gods between the 7 Gods have already been Personas in the games, on their own.

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:32 am

Alright then, I'll try something else. It's not like I don't have plenty of options to choose.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Mathias » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:00 am

Maybe I'll work on this tomorrow.

Postby Jay » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:51 am

Yeah, no rush. I'm taking this sloooooooow. Like I mentioned before, it's not urgent at all.

Next

Return to Role Playing