The Arena: Lost Battlefields (READ THE FIRST POST!!!!!!!!!!)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

The Arena: Lost Battlefields (READ THE FIRST POST!!!!!!!!!!)

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:12 pm

first of all: DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE CURRENT BATTLE! READ THE RULES I HAVE SET BELOW THE SET UP WELCOME POST!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Welcome to the Arena, My friends, Are you prepared for you battles?

Here in this place, The conditions fall under the whim of the gods, and you will face deadly combat, and harrowing tests of skill.

These realms are specifically under my control, I am the GamesMaster. Disputes are settled on my own decision and the will of the Gods. And Trial by combat of course.

I was placed here By the gods, to be your host as you participate in these games. Should you fall to your opponent, fear not, for you will not perish, but will be returned home again, with only the memory of what you had experienced. In this Realm, Death is not the end, It is only the beginning of the next glorious battle.

And of course, Any warrior may request to be returned to their home dimension at any time.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Welcome to the Arena, I'm setting this up for If people are sick and tired of constant Story lines, and just want to crush something. (or someone... heh heh heh...)

only one battle at a time please, It can be any odds you wish, from 1-1 to one team versus another, or even 1 Vs. a Team, if you so wish. Both sides must agree though.

Any technique, skill, ability, Magic, tool, or weapon may be used, but Autos and Instant finisher attacks are frowned upon. These would include using a spell that destroys an opponents mind instantly with but a thought. (verec, I'm looking at you.) Come on, This is a place for battle. For action. just try to keep that in mind.

All you have to do Is submit to be put into a battle, I'll put up a sign-up for the warriors, you merely sign up and indicate that you want to participate, and you will be put into the selection for the next battles.

If we come across a dispute on an attack or post, It will be discussed and taken care of by me and the other people watching that are not participating. It is asked that you be impartial in these decisions when you are asked to assist. We also ask that you not post while the battle is going, with the exception of, If you are one of the people asked to be a mediator for an attack dispute.

I'll set up a sign up thread for it, and you guys sign up through there. The next post on here should be the first post of the First battle.
Last edited by Hasegawa Rayven on Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syaoran and Sakura "Meant to be"

Postby Cali Defender » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:51 pm

(shit, hope i do this right)

Derek landed with a thump, ripped by an unknow force and thrown nto an odd area, an arena of sorts....He looked up, then to his own arm. "What the hell is this??!"

(meh, nobody else here, your Gods so you set my battle right? sorry if im doing this wrong)

Postby Icerider » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:22 pm

(What terrain are the arenas, and what temperature range are the battles fought in? I need to know so I can choose which one of my characters in here!)
Just call me Ice

Re: The Arena: Lost Battlefields (READ FROM THE BEGINNING!!!

Postby Wizard » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:43 pm

Numbuh 27 landed in the Arena. He looked around. "i wonder where everyone is..." he mused.

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:45 pm

ITS COMPLETELY RANDOM AND AT MY SOLE DISCRETION, I MAY GIVE THE WARRIORS A CHOICE, OR I MAY CHOOSE ARBITRARILY. IT IS PART OF THE CHALLENGE. THIS THREAD IS NOT TO BE POSTED IN YET. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE, PLEASE REGISTER IN THE REGISTRATION THREAD, "ARENA TOURNAMENT SIGNUPS" ONCE A WARRIOR IS REGISTERED AND HAS BEEN CHOSEN BY THE GODS (ie. me,) AND SENT TO THE ARENA, HE IS LOCKED INTO THE ARENA UNTIL HE EITHER EMERGES VICTORIOUS, OR IS DEFEATED. ( meaning, if you put a character in, and the terrain changes to something you dont like or is not advantageous to your character, you can't just switch them out for another character.) FOR PURPOSES OF SIMPLICITY, I ASK THAT EACH PLAYER HAVE ONLY ONE CHARACTER PER TOURNAMENT BOARD. WITH THE EXCEPTION BEING, I WILL KEEP TRACK OF THE VICTORS AND AFTER WE HAVE ACHEIVED FOUR OR EIGHT VICTORS, THEY WILL COME TOGETHER FOR A "CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS" TOURNEY.

SIGNUPS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES, HOWEVER, THE ARENA IS ONLY FOR THE CURRENT CHOSEN. AND THOSE OF YOUR PEERS THAT I CHOOSE TO MEDIATE YOUR DISPUTES. HOWEVER THOSE MEDIATORS ARE CHOSEN ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS.

PLEASE, NO MORE POSTING IN THIS THREAD TILL I START THE FIRST TOURNEY.

Postby Icerider » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:47 pm

Tiz'chan dropped into the arena, landing in a cat-like crouching stance, and looking around, interested, but not yet threatened.

(I said that so nobody would doubt what form he's in.)
Just call me Ice

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:15 am

OF COURSE YOU CAN CHOOSE TO FORFEIT A MATCH. THE OPTION OF CONCEDING IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO THOSE OF WEAKER CONSTITUTIONS. (just staying In Character for that... not trying to insult anyone.)

AFTER A BATTLE, YOUR CHARACTER WILL BE MAGICALLY REFRESHED, ALLOWING HIM OR HER TO GIVE THEIR ALL IN EACH AND EVERY BATTLE. THERE WILL BE NO MISMATCHES DUE TO CHARACTERS BEING EXHAUSTED FROM A PREVIOUS MATCH.

Added after 4 hours 25 minutes:

Out in the center of an old, seemingly crumbling arena, a distortion in the air formed, and soon became several seperate ripples that spread out from each other. Soon it had formed into 8 seperate portals and A person was thrown out of each one. They were dropped so as to allow them to land gracefully if they could react in time, before hitting the ground.

As they stood, they began to take notice of each other, and of the strange portals which slowly faded into the aether, before any of them could be reached again.

Each warrior had been ripped from their reality and brought to this place after agreeing with a strange voice in their mind that asked them to participate in a tournament of champions. each warrior had been approached by a different Kami, and each represented their deity they had agreed with. (Here's where you are allowed some freedom, you can make up a deity to be a representative of, or you can use a real one you've heard of. Think along the lines of the Kami of Japanese folklore, or the Roman or Greek Pantheons. Their is no limit other than that. Just a higher power that asked if you wished to participate.)

As they reeled from their sudden appearance here, they suddenly became aware of another figure, standing just off to the side of where they had appeared, he was a Striking figure, being that he was easily 15 feet tall. His head and face were a mixture of Greek, Italian, Japanese, American and Bhuddist Styles of Artistry, as if Carved from living rock.

He spoke suddenly, "WELCOME TO THE ARENA MY FRIENDS, SOON YOU WILL BE TESTED IN THE FIRES OF BATTLE. YOU WILL BE PLACED INTO A TOURNAMENT, EACH VICTORY BRINGING YOU CLOSER TO YOUR ULTIMATE TRIUMPH."

"I AM CALLED THE GAMESMASTER, AND I CONTROL THIS REALM. I ASK THAT YOU GIVE YOUR NAMES FIRST AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO YOUR FELLOW COMPETITORS, AND THEN PREPARE YOURSELVES, AS YOU WILL BE TRANSPORTED TO THE FIELD OF YOUR OWN PARTICULAR BATTLE. YOU ARE ALLOWED TO REQUEST BEING SENT BACK IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND ON COMPETING. AS AN ADDITION TO THIS, ANY OPPONENT TRYING TO DISABLE OR SABOTAGE ANOTHER WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY FORFEIT. "

"EACH BATTLE WILL BE A PERSONALIZED TEST OF SKILL, ALL FORMS OF COMBAT ARE ACCEPTABLE, HOWEVER, BE AWARE THAT SOME BATTLES MAY COME WITH RESTRICTIONS THAT LIMIT YOUR OPTIONS IN BATTLE. (OOC: these will be announced at the beginning of battle.)YOUR BATTLE FIELD WILL BE A SPECIFICALLY PREPARED AREA, CHOSEN EITHER ARBITRARILY, OR BY YOUR FELLOW WARRIORS PERHAPS, OR EVEN CHOSEN SPECIFICALLY BY THE GODS THEMSELVES. THESE ARENAS MAY BE HIGH IN THE SKIES OF A MASSIVE WORLDSPHERE, OR IT MAY BE DEEP IN THE SANDS OF AN ANCIENT PLANETOID."

"PREPARE YOUSELVES WARRIORS, YOUR BATTLES BEGIN SOON. THOSE AWAITING THEIR TURN IN THE ARENA WILL BE ALLOWED TO WATCH THE BATTLES FROM A MYSTICAL VIEWING SCREEN THAT I SHALL PROVIDE. BEHOLD!" The giant said, waving a hand across the sky, where a flat plane formed in the air, and slowly it faded in a picture of a forest world, teeming with life, that then faded to a desert world, the winds sweeping grains of sand across the plains. After, the view faded to a cavern with condensation dripping from the stalactites into small pools on the floor. and then to a set of platforms hanging supposedly from thin air, the wind whistling through the metal links of the chained fencing that formed the platforms.

"WELCOME, AND PREPARE!" the giant said once more, before fading from sight.

Postby Jay » Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:04 am

Amy had flipped mid-air and landed.
"Hello, I'm Amy..."

Her deity turns out to be Cronus, the God of time and harvest. (And some other stuff)
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby Wizard » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:55 am

Numbuh 27 landed on his feet. He looked around at his opponents, took out his sword, and began cleaning it.

(I don't know any Japanese kami...)

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:00 pm

(OOC: then make one up. It doesn't matter, but you can't get here on your own, so someone had to send you. As far as I know, the Japanese had Kami for EVERYTHING. from the people themselves, to small decorative teapots. Everything had a Kami Associated with it. If you know about Magic the gathering, their latest set, Legends of Kamigawa, is based on that Japanese Principle. I think it's the Shinto Religion.)

Postby Icerider » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:31 am

((Tiz'chan is a demon, so does he need Kami to teleport him?))
Just call me Ice

Postby Rap Scallion » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:59 pm

The air crackles and static begins to build, suddenly a blinding flash, a crash of thunder and there stands Gyp Caitiff, Freelance Mercenary.

"Whoa, that was a hell of a thing. . . ."

Gyp doesn't put much faith in gods, but Mars (god of war) looks upon Gyp, and pits him againts the other gods fighters.
You can beat me, you can kick me, you can kill me . . . but don't ever, ever bore me. ~ graduate of Caligulas RPing university ~

Location: In the dark. I spent so long in it, it's grown on me.

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:13 pm

((Sorry gyp, you were dumped here through the portals like everyone else. Of course, Ares always was a bit flashy. your portal flashes and makes thunder when it drops you along with everyone else. There is no teleportation in and out of "The Arena" it's a seperate dimension set aside by the gods themselves, sealed off from all other universes. The only way in or out is at the command of a god or goddess or the Gamesmaster himself.))

((If no one else is going to post, Im starting the first round battle.))

The Games Master awoke again, his large visage looking down upon his contestants. "RISE CHAMPIONS, FOR THE GAMES BEGIN NOW. THE FIRST MATCH SHALL BE "Amy VERSUS Gyp"" he stated as his swept his hand and Amy and Gyp slowly faded from sight of the others. Soon though Amy and Gyp found themselves out on a series of multileveled platforms, carved from the whitest and purest marble. The platforms came in all shapes and orientations, some were seemingly verticle, and still others were in strange Mobius loop patterns. The platforms were suspended on Pillars carved from the same Marble stone, and the contestants found that when they stepped onto or leapt near enough to a verticle platform, then the gravity would switch and the platform they were near was then their new down. (In other words, theres gravity fluctuations all over the arena so that if you switch platforms. the platform is always under you. The platforms don't move, gravity changes for you. on the Mobius Loops, Gravity pulls you towards whichever part of the loop is under you. so even upside down, the loop is the floor.)

Postby Rap Scallion » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:03 pm

It takes Gyp a few seconds to adjust to the new surrounds, and instantly his mind switches to combat mode, he unclips his holsters for a faster quick draw and swings down his beam rifle, flicks the ready switch and watches the power counter as it goes from black through red and into the green.

He looked about for his opponent and began to move from platform to platform, at first jumping to cross the void between the platforms, but then realized that with the help of the gravity fields one could just forcefully step over the endless crevasse.

After a while he spotted her, his foe, seemingly doing the same as himself, but he was her target, she was a long way off but not out of range, and to his luck Amy hadn't seem him yet, and he wasn't about to give away his position, so he began to move stealthily away.

Gyp reached down and fingered the activation button on his armor, the fibre optic camouflage system, hummed and soon his armor shimmered and began to match the colors surrounding him, his objective, a stealthy attack from flank or if he could get there undetected, behind.
You can beat me, you can kick me, you can kill me . . . but don't ever, ever bore me. ~ graduate of Caligulas RPing university ~

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:31 pm

(OOC: you guys do know what a Mobius loop is right? And you need to watch out, some of the features of the arenas I keep to myself, keeping them as surprises on purpose. Jay we're waiting on you.)

Postby Jay » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:35 pm

Amy had been testing out the gravity directions, but did not take very long due to her adventures with Ling. She crept around the various nooks and crannies. She was trying to find Gyp but to no avial, she decided she would just have to wait.

Postby Rap Scallion » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:50 pm

Gyp moves across the platforms stopping from time to time to check his position and make sure his target is where it should be.

Soon he finds himself in an excellent position, above and to the rear, he adopts the kneeling prone position and supports the beam rifle with his hand, elbow resting on his knee, he adjusts the Optic Helm, to ten times magnification, and sights his target.

Amy is there, taking cover behind some protrusions on her platform, waiting for the inevitable.

Gyp controls his breathing and gently squeezes back on the trigger, a soft inaudible click emanates from the beam weapon, followed closely by a loud crack, the air splits in two and a jagged beam of pulsing energy rips through the expanse between the two combatants.

Postby Jay » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:03 pm

Amy's ears twitched, she has heard her signal to move. As if by reflex she slowed time and made a quick glance of where the shot came from. Through the slowed time it was much easier to discern where Gyp stood. She somewhat easily dodged the shot and began running to where she thought he stood. Running, by the time the seemingly short duration of the time stop, Amy had advanced closer to his position 10 seconds worth of running in one second. She continued running readying her mind to quickly react during the bullets that would most likely be shot at her until she has gotten close enough to fight.

Postby Rap Scallion » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:10 pm

Gyp sees Amy almost teleport away from the shot.

Shit that bitch is quick. he thinks to himself.

He relocates to an adjacent platform under the cover of his camouflage, before she can reach his position, thinking of an alternate plan as he goes.

Postby Jay » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:17 pm

She continued running in the general direction of where Gyp was with eyes searching and concentrated trying to see any abnormalities with the view, already knowing about his ability of camouflage. She continued running knowing that her time abilities were slowly recharging incase she needed to it.

Postby Rap Scallion » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:39 pm

Gyp relocates once more this time several platforms away, he digs the hand fishing line from his pack and removes the jelly-bomb from his utility belt.

He squats down on his platform, and using his combat knife pries open the outer casing of the bomb, being care full not to make to much noise or blow himself up.

He checks his target, and then continues, he removes the counter timer and sets the bomb for instant eruption, ties the fishing line to the activation switch and loops it trough the anti-tamper device.

He gathers his beam weapon, and once more and begins to move, attempting to again flank his foe, this time moving closer than before.

Postby Jay » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:53 pm

Amy jostled along the path, but whist her searching she spotted the fishing line and stopped to a halt.
"Damn it, looks like I'll need to think of something..."
She tried to see where the fishing line went and jumped to another platform close by to her right to try and see if she could spot her mysterious foe.
She silently crept around a bend looking about keeping her attention spiked trying to making sure that a surprise attack isn't possible.

Postby Rap Scallion » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:25 pm

Gyp watched as his trap was made so he leapt to the platform, scooping up the jelly-bomb he threw it towards where Amy stood on the next platform, it was a mighty throw and he let the fishing line pay out from the reel, the bomb sailed through the air, it's arc curving outward and then dropping suddenly as the gravity from her level took hold.

He yanked the line, the switch activated and the tamper device jostled, the gelatinous liquid plasma in the glass case glowed and erupted in a wave of sticky burning vapors, heading her way.

Postby Jay » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:30 pm

Amy choked when she saw what was heading her way but she quickly concentrated and out came a plan. She did a few handsprings, reached the edge of the platform, gripped it like no other then swung around so the she would be standing upside down under the platform. After doing so, she started running to where she thought the mysterious almost invisible man was getting ready to beat him down into a pulp.

Postby Rap Scallion » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:37 pm

Gyp spied Amy dash from under the burning veil of death and disappear under the platform, his plasma machine pistols slipped leather and he loosed a deadly volley of white hot plasma balls at the column supporting her platform, the rounds slammed the white marble and it shattered like a house of cards, the platform shook and tilted of skew and shattered marble chunks began to rain down towards Amy.

Next

Return to Role Playing