ROD Sign-up

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Postby Karuma » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:53 am

What? Dude... Yal, take a chill... I have 2 girls and a guy and thats not enough.. *Laughing*

Postby yalborap2 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:03 am

hey, it's not my fault there are precisely 0.05 females that would last an hour in my presence around here. I need companionship, and I'm willing to take scraps to get it.

Location: Within the hellish flames known as southern california

Postby Jay » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:05 am

I'm just a nice guy who hangs out with lots of girls, but Nikki's the only one whom I actually call girlfriend, the rest of them are just my good buddies.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby Karuma » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:09 am

Nikki likes someone else... you know that right?

Postby Jay » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:23 am

Ehh, as long as it's not you. And Yal's going to agree with me, it's okay to love more than one person as long as she isn't doing anything too bad with him I'll be okay. And don't say ti's you cause I know that disaster is OVER.

Postby yalborap2 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:26 am

I'm personally of the belief that you can love as many people as you want, but keep it open. if a love triangle develops(and by this I mean a proper, surviving threeway relationship with each person caring for the other two. NOT your generic anime two guys love a girl and fight over her. the story "couch trips" at fanfiction.net is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.), don't attempt to stop it or hide it. simple as that.

Location: Within the hellish flames known as southern california

Postby Karuma » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:02 am

That is what I have... With people that are not Nikki.

Postby Aerozord » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:12 am

ok everyone stop now. This is an RP sign-up thread not a debate on relationships. Stick to the topic. Dont forget I have to compile all these profiles later and I dont want illrelavent posts making that harder.

Now karo_urishi dont worry about being ignored, I will see to it personally that you, nor anyone else, is ignored.

Now even with her that brings us to about 7 people. And I wont even consider starting this RP till we get ten.

Postby Verec » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:56 am

"What is good? Everything that heightens the feeling of power in man, the will to power, power itself.
What is bad? Everything that is born of weakness...
The weak and the failures shall perish...

Friedrich Nietzsche: German Philosopher
A phiosopher famous for his twin declarations of the Ubermensch, and Wille zur Macht(The will to Power). His philosophy revolved around the notion of creatures constantly afirming their life through strength. Now he is the White God, Slayer of Empires, The Man who killed Death. Neitche is possed of awsome powers of Pure will, granting him the ability to dominate the lesser humans around him. He uses these men and women as shields and guns to protect himself, as he condiers himself (And many others of the resurected) to be part of the 'natural aristocracy.' His abilty to comand the agents will be more limited, but they can rest asured that as long as he is aware of them sure shoots will miss of their own accord.
Last edited by Verec on Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

Postby Mandy » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:12 pm

*Twidles thumbs, waiting for RP*

Postby Aerozord » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:31 pm

Verec I dont get your character. Why is a philospher using swords?

Ok I will get it started, assuming everyone that signed up plays and consistantly we should be good. But Verec's profile is still pending.

Sign-ups will remain open

oh and my profiles.
profile for agent;
Code Name: Mr. Fire
Nationality: American
Power:is immune to fire, can super heat his body allowing him to incinerate anything he touches. He can also suser heat object turning them into explosives
Bio: He was one of the members of a secrete US agency before his transfer. Now he is a high ranking operative assigned to the Igin

Profile for Igin; (I greatly respect this guy but he is just the perfect choice)
Name: Leonard Da Vinci
History: The father of modern aviation, optics, anatomy, mechanics and more. He was a genious of his time and now his intellect is even greater. It was the knowledge from him that helped create the first Igin
Power/items: His intellegance allows him to create deadly weapons that he uses to fight.
Last edited by Aerozord on Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:34 pm

(well, It's kinda hard NOT to ignore her when she only posts once or twice every few days. By the time she answers someones question, we're twelve pages ahead. (figuratively speaking))

I guess I could do this...

Code Name: Otacon
Name: Readman Hashiru
Nationality: Japanese
Power: Able to use any ability (To an extent) he has seen in an anime show. his favorite and most used being Alchemy from Full Metal Alchemist
Bio: A reserved child in his youth, Ryuen was not very popular, and had retreated from the world into the worlds of Anime, where he always felt like he belonged better. At the age of 13, he discovered he could actually DO some of the things they showed on the TV shows, and aafter using this ability to make several friends at his school, he eventually broke free of his introverted nature, and was much more outgoing. Has never understood his cousin (Yomiko Readman) and her obsession with books, since as he puts it, "It looks so much cooler on TV" But he and Yomiko are on Good terms despite their differences in opinion. Many of their conversations however have usually ended up degenerating into arguments about whether anime or Books are better, Especially when they come to the subject of Manga of anykind. In a nutshell, Hashiru is an Annoying, but still cared for member of the family to Yomiko.

Hashiru looks up to Mr. Joker, not as a father figure so much, but maybe more as a older brother. Some one to have as an example to follow at times. Doesn't mean he does, but what are ya gonna do?
Syaoran and Sakura "Meant to be"

Postby Aerozord » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:40 pm

Hasegawa Rayven he is way too powerful. You will need to limit what he can do.

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:46 pm

He can't do Big stuff, like a Kamehameha, or something like the Chidori from Naruto.

Like I said, He mainly uses the Alchemy powers from FMA. Like creating a Spear or a sword from the ground or Metal that's around. It's little, stuff, and mainly the indirect powers, like the Alchemy, or being able to jump really high if he wanted/needed to.

Postby Aerozord » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:55 pm

ok I will give hightened reflexes, alchemy, but you must use a circle. Because if you get technical he can do about anything. If thats ok your in

Postby Jay » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:03 pm

Code name: Broken Watch

Nationality: Hong Kong born Canadian.

Bio: She was recruited by the UN due to her seemingly expert ability to dodge anything people throw at her. She has been taught in the art of chinese style fighting at a very young age and sometimes even pull off a few of the moves seen in chinese swordplay novels/movies (i.e. walking on water, air if she tried really hard and used her abilities, but that's still only very temperary.) She also has quite a bit of training in gymnastics.

Power: Has a very limited control over time, every ability in her arsenal has a max duration of 10 seconds. She can reverse time as long as her brain functions (for ten seconds), she can slow down time but leave herself unaffected (for up to ten seconds, again). Finally she can speed up herself and slow down everything else (for guess what? 10 seconds). The first two abilties have a ten second cool down period BUT it can be cut short though the effect won't be as long lasting. She can also cut short the duration of the first two powers so she can get back to full power quicker. As for the last ability, she has to be at full power, it can't be stopped mid-way and has a cooldown period of a full minute. If anyone of her abilities are cooling down, the others can't be used. So it's like there's a imaginary meter that all the abilities drain from as she uses them, and refills as she remains in normal time. She cannot ever exceed the ten second limit.

Confusing for anyone?
Last edited by Jay on Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:09 pm

How about being able to create the weapon without the circle? But all the other stuff he has to have the circle.

Postby Aerozord » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:10 pm

ok, just use simple weapons.

Postby Jay » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:11 pm

*flails arms around* Am I okay, or do you not under something about my char?!

Re: ROD Sign-up

Postby Prof_Iridium » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:25 pm

The OAV was called Read or Die

The TV series is called Read or Dream. :)

(Fiance is a *HUGE* fan..so I've been schooled. X.X)

Great English fansite with *TONS* of information for reference
(I'll play this one too..just give me a little bit to think up a character)

http://www.cupped-expressions.net/rod/dream/

PS I *LOVE* the ditsy girl (whose name is Wendy!!) O.o;;
http://laurean.deviantart.com/
Everyone dies, it's creepy when they don't.

Nebacanezzar wrote:Few females can make being evil seem... cute. Prof is one of them.

Postby Aerozord » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:27 pm

Jay its ok, but no reversing time. It just doesn't fit into the RP really. Time travel makes things messy.

Postby Jay » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:41 pm

Well how bout short glimpses into the VERY near future? Ahem, 10 seconds ahem. Because that's all the the reversing time was really for, correcting mistakes in combat...

Re: ROD Sign-up

Postby Prof_Iridium » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:56 pm

Code Name: 'Water'
Name: Mizu
Nationality: United Kingdom
Power: Can control & manipulate water (cannot 'create' water)
Bio: British citizen who grew up in Japan with her father, who was the ambassedor from the UK. She can speak English, Japanese, & Chinese fluenty. Her ability to control water spurned from an early age, when she nearly drowned. She's been part of the organization for some time..however usually acts more as a PR representative than an agent. If she does work onsight, she prefers to work alone. If you're on her team...you had better me a good swimmer.
http://laurean.deviantart.com/
Everyone dies, it's creepy when they don't.

Nebacanezzar wrote:Few females can make being evil seem... cute. Prof is one of them.

Postby Aerozord » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:03 pm

ok you both are ok, Jay I will allow it but reserve the right to take it back.

Oh and its up people

Postby Jay » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:04 pm

Okay, thanks ^_^
Oh, and she looks 18 because of her using her slow down time power too much making her age faster.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing