2011 SNAFU RP Forum Meetup: Just how screwed is this?

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: 2010 (2011?) SNAFU RP Forum Meetup: CHANGE!

Postby Deena » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:50 am

2011 is fine with me, but we at least need to decide on a month. I suggest sometime in the summer, so that we won't freeze to death when we're walking all over the place. Trust me, you'll be doing a lot of walking.

Postby Princess » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:26 am

Hope you don't mind me randomly hopping in here. But New York in the summer can be pretty brutal. The heat in summer can be as bad as freezing in the winter. Unless you don't mind the heat, I don't. But last time I went in July and it was ungoldly for a lot of my friends.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Whatbutt: She's got enough tea to throw into a harbor and start another revolution.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Jay » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:31 am

Your old avatar and signature set was better lulz
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby Mathias » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:42 am

Stufflikehearts wrote:Hope you don't mind me randomly hopping in here. But New York in the summer can be pretty brutal. The heat in summer can be as bad as freezing in the winter. Unless you don't mind the heat, I don't. But last time I went in July and it was ungoldly for a lot of my friends.

Is there a moderate period?

Postby Glahardt » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:45 am

The other day I read a story of how these girls started laughing during the National Anthem because "Twilight" is mentioned in the song. Well today I was at a basketball game and when I heard "Twilight" during the National Anthem I had to bite my lip to keep from bursting out into laughter... MLIT
Are you fucking kidding me!?

Postby Princess » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:50 am

Mathias wrote:
Stufflikehearts wrote:Hope you don't mind me randomly hopping in here. But New York in the summer can be pretty brutal. The heat in summer can be as bad as freezing in the winter. Unless you don't mind the heat, I don't. But last time I went in July and it was ungoldly for a lot of my friends.

Is there a moderate period?

I think March and April are the best times to go, personally. I went and it's less crowded and the weather is really nice.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Whatbutt: She's got enough tea to throw into a harbor and start another revolution.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Deena » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:53 am

Lol, last summer was pretty mild. Just don't go during a heat wave and you'll be fine, since the city's pretty windy and that cools you down a lot. Apart from that, August tends to be tolerable. It really depends on weather patterns, so we won't really know what the weather will be like until we get to that point. In other words, pack an umbrella, a sweater, and be prepared to carry lots of water/gatorade/powerade/etc. to hydrate yourselves.

Or we could spend one of the sunnier days lounging around in Central Park schmoozing. The meetup's just as much about actually meeting each other as it is about exploring NYC.

April's really nice in NYC, too, though current weather patterns suggest more winter-like weather during that time. If we do go in April, I suggest going around the time of the Cherry Blossom Festival so we can chill out and enjoy the events they have in Central Park at that time.:>

Postby Ro Wong » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:57 am

Glahardt wrote:
The other day I read a story of how these girls started laughing during the National Anthem because "Twilight" is mentioned in the song. Well today I was at a basketball game and when I heard "Twilight" during the National Anthem I had to bite my lip to keep from bursting out into laughter... MLIT
Are you fucking kidding me!?

Think you went in the wrong thread.
Demon of Elru

Postby Glahardt » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:17 am

Yes I just noticed that.
How the fuck did I even clicked this one?

Postby Hana » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:55 am

I suggest something later in the year. Perhaps in the summer/fall transition?

I've got a convention in town that falls in Feb/March (and my birthday's in March), so if it's too close to that, I'd have to do heavy planning and budgeting in order to fit an April trip in.

But, hey, all my people could get really awesome jobs between now and then and be able to afford a 2 week vacation by then. I dunno.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Sentios » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:18 am

Woah when'd this topic come back to life...

2010... umemployed at the moment...

2011 too far away for me to plan for.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby bankotsu_obsessed » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:38 pm

I'd go for the fall season mainly. I am a person that can't tolerate extremely hot weather unless a pool is involved...

Of course we can't really do much about what the weather will be until it's a week before or something....
Sig and avi are made by me

Postby LostD » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:41 am

Okay, just how dead in the water is this? Is NY the new destination... or should we be putting this for 2012? World's gonna end anyway.

Postby Deena » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:29 pm

Sentios wrote:Woah when'd this topic come back to life...

2010... umemployed at the moment...

2011 too far away for me to plan for.

It's in 2011 so you can start saving up if you want to go. There's no real excuse for you NOT to go when planning this early, unless you simply don't want to go.

Lost, I'm pretty sure it's mostly dead considering every person who posts in this thread is whining about not having enough money, therefore completely ignoring everything I've posted about SAVING some goddamn money because you've got a friggin' YEAR to do it.

Postby Mathias » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:30 pm

Deena wrote:It's in 2011 so you can start saving up if you want to go. There's no real excuse for you NOT to go when planning this early, unless you simply don't want to go.

Shit. Happens. Anything could happen before then and money may need to be expended.

Perfect example, this event was intended for the current year.

Postby Deena » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:46 pm

Mathias wrote:Shit. Happens. Anything could happen before then and money may need to be expended.

Perfect example, this event was intended for the current year.

That's what planning is for. When you save up for something, you don't spend the money that you were saving for that something unless, say, you broke your leg and need money for a cast. That's not something you can help, but that's why I'm giving you a year to save up, so even if there is an emergency, you still have plenty of time to fill your piggy banks again.

On the other hand, spending that saved money on something else, say, a PS3 or something, isn't saving. You don't NEED to expend your money on that, you just want a fucking PS3. While that's fine and all, coming back here and posting "OH I CAN'T GO CUZ I DUN HAVE MONEY" is bullshit. If you think you're incapable of saving any sort of money for this sort of trip, then get the hell out of this thread right now. If you're knee deep in bills and don't see yourself going on a trip in the next year, or the next several years, too bad, I can't help you, and you probably shouldn't be thinking of spending a ton of money on a trip anyway.

This thread is for people who DO want to go, ARE saving money, and have every intention of showing up come rain or shine. All zero of you.>_>

Re: 2011 SNAFU RP Forum Meetup: Just how screwed is this?

Postby Mathias » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:09 pm

You just defended my point, Deena.

So why isn't it happening this year? I know for a fact this thang ain't happening with me. I don't even know where I'm going this summer.

Postby Deena » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:22 pm

Mathias wrote:You just defended my point, Deena.

So why isn't it happening this year? I know for a fact this thang ain't happening with me. I don't even know where I'm going this summer.

Then why are you posting here? If you know you're not going, then piss off.

Postby Mathias » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:27 pm

I have every right to. Your attitude is inappropriate for someone trying to get people to attend.

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:52 pm

I'd rather have an abortion over meeting all of you.
A Pimp Named Jeezy Creezy: Lasting all the way up to Valentine's.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

"Sleepery Dee, Sleepery Doo.
Whoever betrays me tonight, I'll mo'fuckin' cap you!"

Postby Deena » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:10 pm

Mathias wrote:I have every right to. Your attitude is inappropriate for someone trying to get people to attend.

My attitude is just fine for keeping trolls like you from attending.

Postby Mathias » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:23 pm

Since when am I a troll? You assume that because I go to Spam that I am a troll. I don't say things to annoy people, I say things to provide counter-points.

Postby Sentios » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:48 am

I'm a fence sitter, technically money shouldn't be a problem... the problem will be if I'll have free time when I eventually find a job. I won't give a definite answer until I reserve hotel room and that won't be until 3-6 months before such an event.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby Hana » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:29 pm

On the saving up thing...It's a bit hard to do when paying for a full household and living paycheck to paycheck. I've still got my fingers crossed for more employment, but food on the table does have a priority over saving for a trip.

I'm not ruling the trip out, though. I really do want to go, and we will be trying our hardest to save up and actually go, but...I just can't make any promises with our current financial situation.

If we have no medical emergencies and things don't go too far awry from what we have planned, though, the tax return we get next year should more than pay for this little endeavor. The Feds keep my hopes alive.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Slipslash » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:23 pm

PunkyChipsAhoy wrote:I'd rather have an abortion over meeting all of you.

I'm sorry, but I found this extremely funny lol

*Edit: On a second note, I find the hostility in this thread equally amusing.
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing