Snafu Endgame IC - It begins

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Snafu Endgame IC - It begins

Postby Deathmaster Forse » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:57 am

Burning rubble and debris everywhere.

Dozens of bodies of colleagues and fellow officers surrounded his wounded form. He was all that was left of his unit. The only one left standing.

His left arm was a mangled mess of blood and flesh. His broken sunglasses were sitting three hundred meters behind him on the remains of what appeared to once have been a mahogany desk. Despite the grim sights that surrounded him, his expression was cold and empty.

The vice-chief stood amongst the ruins of the destroyed apartment complex. Amber eyes fixed upon the monster looking down on him, set on the only standing segment of the second floor. Its name echoed in vice-chief’s mind accompanied with the burning sensation of hatred. This was Virus, this was chaos.

The being itself was not left unscathed from the conflict. Its corporeal form was torn and broken, barely stable enough to allow movement. Yet for it this meant nothing, nothing physical could truly damage it. It stared with the void that was its face at the man as if slightly curious at his presence within the destroyed landscape.

Spot lights lit the malignant clouds gathered in the sky. He could hear the frantic sounds of the sirens approaching closer to their location but by then it was too late. The cloaked figure jerked its empty cowl at the source of the new sound. It had noticed.

“I’ll get you. Even if that’s the last thing I do.”

But those words fell upon deaf ears.

Virus was already gone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Have all the preparations been made?” A voice sounded from the furthermost side of the office.

“Yes sir. All the invitations have been sent, records have been gathered on all the fighters and spies have been set all over the city.” The woman paused for a second before continuing. Her boss liked to savor good news. “Our hackers have already infiltrated the Snafu networks. Additionally, our connections in the police department have agreed to keep their officers out of our business.”

A sinister chuckle escaped the man.

“Excellent.” The dismembered voice echoed happily. Things where going his way for once. “Where there any set-backs?” He asked, this time a warning tone.

The red-head secretary seemed unshaken from her boss’ alarming disposition. Her emerald eyes still looked on apathetically at his figure.

“I’m afraid that there has been another incident with the Virus, sir.” She said curtly. “An apartment complex was reduced to rubble within the city’s southern district. All civilians where thankfully evacuated in time with minimal injuries but more than fourteen officers have been reported KIA as result of its rampage.”

The man frowned at this piece of information.

“It’s getting more out of control everyday.” He exclaimed in annoyance. “Make sure that it does not affect our tournament. Do what ever you can to prevent it from appearing during a confrontation. I don’t care if you have to loose an entire squad to slow it down.” He paused. “Sound the starting call. Its time to get this show on the road.”

The woman simply nodded, turned around and exited the room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Men in white strolled around the city, some hidden in buildings and disguises, others moving in plain sight. Yet all of them where moving with one objective in mind, to prepare the city for the oncoming storm of battles.

Sitting quietly in frond of his computer within a cafeteria, one of the men received a very important call. His fingers then proceeded to flash over the keyboard as if possessed.

Images on large televisions scattered all over the city froze and flickered.

The Announcement Screen Network of Snafu sounded a brief yet deafening alarm through out the entire metropolis.

The tournament had begun.
Image Made it myself. (Tukinode may not reflect the ideas of his original creator)

Re: Snafu Endgame IC - It begins

Postby Mellow » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:03 am

- Flinn Valeth, Generic Coffee Shop -

7......8.....9......no 8......10!!! It's a 10!

Flinn was lounging about in some generic coffee shop named after something about stars and male deers. It was such a weird and peculiar name to him, considering that the mountains he came from were more or less cut off from the outside world. Still, he liked the customers the place got. He was sitting in a corner watching some young high school girls, who were maybe about 15 or 16. He was rating each and every one of them based on their looks. If it weren't for the fact that he looked just like a kid, the girls probably would have called some police officer and claim he was sexually harassing them. Well, it didn't really matter anyway. Not like he could touch them. Flinn wasn't some sick pedophile who liked to prey on the young....

The employees in the shop didn't really seem to mind that Flinn wasn't buying anything at all; they probably thought he was waiting for his parents, or something. Flinn was glad. The outside was so hot compared to his home way up in the mountains; he wasn't used to the kind of climate here in Snafu. The air conditioning in the store really helped him keep his cool.

One of the younger employees, a female, approached Flinn, and for a moment there, he thought that he'd be kicked out. Instead, the gal offered him a cookie; the chocolate chip kind. Flinn had tried to discipline himself in the past to resist such temptations, but his child self couldn't resist. He accepted the cookie and smiled sweetly at the woman, who patted him on the back and returned to her place back at the shop's counter. Flinn was about to take a bite out of the cookie when he suddenly heard a booming voice coming from outside. The signal for the tournament. Flinn sighed. "It's time, eh?" he said to himself as he placed the cookie on the tabletop; there was no time for sweets now. He stood up from his chair and took his coat from the coat hanger and left the shop.

Well, not quite. Just as he opened the door of the shop, something suddenly flew pass Flinn's head. He looked at it and tried to figure out what it was; it looked like some brown goop. It couldn't be!?

"Fuuuuuuuuuucker! Missed him!" a voice suddenly shouted out behind Flinn. He looked back and saw that it was the woman who had given him the cookie before; he looked back at the mass of goop that was thrown at him and saw that it was dissolving the glass on the door. The cookie must have contained some powerful poison. Flinn sighed in relief. He was glad it wasn't what he thought it was. He turned back to face the woman, who had torn off her face.....mask. Underneath, it was actually some old crone. Like one of those fairy tale witches usually depicted in children stories. "I presume that you're a competitor as well?" Flinn asked the woman. She smiled a little before taking out a few more cookies and throwing them at Flinn's direction. "Gahahaha! Just trying to get a jump on the competition; nothing wrong with that!" the old hag shouted as he flung more of her poisonous treats. Flinn sighed; seemed that he had already been found out. Was it because of the invitation to the tournament he had left in his coat's pocket? Oh well. he thought. What's done was done; he'd just have to take care of this little annoyance first before moving on. Still, it was a waste. His exit was really cool, and that granny ruined it.

Flinn dodged the woman's poison projectiles easily. As he did so, he took out his pipe and added a few ingredients into it; they began burning immediately inside. As he brought it to his lips, the witch took out a huge basket filled with a lot more of her treats. "Let's see if you can dodge this!" she screamed as she threw it at Flinn; it suddenly burst into a huge glob of poison, impossible to dodge in the little space the shop provided. He just calmly stood where he was and inhaled in the smoke coming from his pipe. "Ambrosia...." he murmured softly before he blew out the smoke from his mouth. The glob of poison entered the smoke cloud, and a huge splat could be heard. "Yes! I did it!" the witch woman shouted victoriously, but as the smoke cleared, she saw that her attack was blocked by some kind of wall made from the air. "Alright then; my turn." Flinn said as he walked around the wall he had made. He grinned when he saw the stunned expression on the old lady's face.

He knocked the woman out a few moments later, and encased her inside a solid cube. Though she was a bit crazy, Flinn didn't really like killing people. Best to leave it to the police. As Flinn left the shop, he waved goodbye to the girls from earlier who were huddled in a corner of the store when the fight between Flinn and the coffee employee broke out. "Ladies." he said, before he left the shop.

Postby bankotsu_obsessed » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:43 pm

~Sarah~

There was a heavy silence for some reason through Snafu.

Sarah was inside an abandoned store, the darkness hid her from any competitors so this worked out nicely. The silence around snafu made her feel even more comfortable because she could listen for any announcements or someone approaching. A sound broke out through the battle arena, Sarah smiling darkly. The battles have begun... Her thought made her smile more.

Just as the voice ended, a deep breathing was heard behind her. Turning around, nothing was there. She kept her dark smile and backed out of the shadows. "My my, sneaking up on someone just isn't nice at all! If I had a purse, you would be dead by now." She looks into the shadows again, seeing nothing, but for some reason, the shadow itself was moving. She sighs. "I knew this shadow was too easy to find... and with no one occupying it..." She simply drew her huge needle from the back of her dress and stabbed in the dark, hitting nothing. "How troublesome this darkness is... how about some light?" She clicked on the lights and the shadow was still there, unchanging. She seemed to stare in disbelief, but saw something... or someone... stirring around in the shadow. "Ah, I see how it is, I got you now..." She smiles and teased the person a little by stabbing spots that they weren't at anymore. Getting a little bored, she laid a direct hit on the thing, its yell pierced anyone's ears if they were close enough.

"You... bitch..." A male voice choked as blood flowed out of the shadows.

"I'm sorry, but I am far from a bitch... what an insult..." She shook her head and stabbed him again to kill him off. "Too bad it was a guy... men these days... they need to respect women more..." She sneakily turned off the light and hid in her corner again, but it was easier to see her. I wish that shadow wasn't a person. That way I can have some place to hide...
Sig and avi are made by me

Postby Slipslash » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:52 pm

Faust walked around local buzzar. If there was one thing he did not like, it was the common folk who romped around the main streets, he liked the buzzard better, because the people there were more his kind, but he still however found it difficult to manage. Blegh, so much filth and disease! I would recommend that these people go see a doctor

Truthfully Faust was just looking for interesting things to buy. Bazzar's were often known for (on occasion) selling highly valuable objects, to the trained eye, most of the time Faust followed the saying, another man's trash is another man's treasure It was all time consuming, because among other things (like buzzar searching) Faust had come to the town called Snafu, for a tournament. Now Faust wasn't the type of doctor to turn down such things, especially after his last adventures. In fact, one could say, fighting had gotten into Faust, for he now considered it a great sport. That and meeting the , always, interesting individuals who were fighting. As well as the prize.

Faust looked up as he heard some voice calling out for the fighters. "Oh ho ho, it looks like the fighting is about to begin!" As he was walking off, if someone could see through the large paper sack on Faust's head, they would of said the old badger had smiled, but no one ever, knew what Faust had underneath that sack. "Oh, a fun time indeed!!"
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Geomancer » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:16 pm

"Hmmm?" Lecod turned just in time for the solid slug of a shotgun to go whizzing by where his head would have been. He looked up to see a man load another shot in. "You don't look like much, boy, but I intend to get rid of you roaches as fast as possible so you don't get in the way."

Lecod held up his hands "Please, sir, I don't really want to hurt you. If you just surrender no one has to get hurt." As he said this, he stretched his foot and tapped the ground near him with his toe. The man froze for an instant, a look of incredulity on his face before roaring with laughter. Then his gun was brought up to point at Lecod. "Look you little piss ant, you have no idea who you are messing with. I'm the great hunter Jo-"

He didn't get any farther. Before he could blink, Lecod was right underneath him. He delivered a strong blow with the heel of his foot into the jaw of the 'great hunter', knocking him out instantly. Lecod looked down at the body and shook his head "If you had just surrendered, you might not have to go to the hospital." He grabbed all the ammo and man had and dropped it in a nearby garbage bin, along with the gun.

He hid the man behind some garbage bag "Well, it might be smelly but at least no one will think you are in the contest and try to slit your throat. Maybe you'll do better next time." Then he looked around and said "I hope that some of them will take me up on my offer."
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Caim » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:33 pm

-Nathaniel, rooftop near the alleyway Lecod is in-

"I really doubt that's likely to happen..." A semi-cheerful voice echoed across the brick walls that formed the alley almost as soon as Lecod finished speaking. Nathaniel was sitting on the roof of one of the two buildings, his legs dangling off the side and lightly kicking the wall as he looked down at the red-head. Nathaniel's swords were hidden from view, only a small portion of the handles were visible from Lecod's point of view. "It kind of defeats the purpose of even having a tournament if you expect everyone to give up just because you ask them nicely...no offense." The half-demon smiled slightly as he shifted to get a better look at Lecod, exuding an air of near-absolute relaxation despite the violence that had taken place mere seconds ago.

Nathanile had managed to see how the confrontation between Lecod and the self-proclaimed "great hunter" ended. Apparently the boy below him had a slight pacifist streak to him, though his ability to somehow teleport around more than made up for that deficiency. Judging from the way he had only needed one kick to floor a full-grown man, it was safe to say that he wasn't exactly a pushover physically either.

"Oh...my name's Nathaniel, what's your's?" The actual tournament could wait as far as he was concerned. for now, he didn't have any way of quickly eliminating the thing red-head below him, so there was no point in wasting time and energy on a direct battle...at least not yet.

Postby Geomancer » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:52 pm

Lecod looked up, startled. "One moment, I don't like shouting. It might give us away." He walked over to a wall and touched it. Then he grabbed the edge of the rift and swung himself through... right onto the same ledge Nathaniel was sitting on. "My name is Lecod Basil. Nice to meet you." He looked out onto the city "Well, I hope we don't have to fight. I mean, I already know your name." He smiled and said "So, what brings you to the tournament? I'm here because... well... I don't have anywhere else to be. It's nice here, though. So open and cheerful." He looked up at the sky as he remembered his dark, oppressed world. Pollutants had long turned the sky black and no human could survive up there for more than a few moments. The sun just barely was able to give them light but it was never enough. He shuddered and returned to reality.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

GMancer

Postby Tartaurus » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:14 pm

~Professor Newton, Outside coffee shop~

"I would surmise that by all of the hostility here, I have arrived upon the right place." He commented while watching the tussle between a man and woman within the shop. He had the gyros spinning quietly just in case of an attack, but he wasn't to worried."Hello." he greeted a man leaving the coffee shop. "Quite the interesting pipe you have there." he chuckled.

Location: Somewhere dark, I'm bound to what I think is a chair. I can still smell chloroform...

Postby Kyan » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:26 pm

[Aqua]

Aqua realizing the tournament of snafu had begun, had decided to play things safe first. She walked down the streets in a bored fashion. Her hands were placed behind her head as she kept walking. She knew for a fact if she kept this up a challenger would appear soon enough. Partly, for the fact that she was the only person with a pair of chakrams and she was most likely the only teenager around here wearing a blue tunic.

Aqua kept walking, having no real clue where the hell she was going, or even if she was going to get into a fight. "Damn, where the fuck is everyone?!" she thought to herself as her boredom slowly turned into what could only be described as anger. Aqua was obviously willing to fight, but she was too lazy to start anything her self. "I swear, if someone doesn't find me soon..." she muttered still annoyed at having found no one.
You Just Gotta Believe!!!
yukkuri shiteite ne!

Postby Caim » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:35 pm

-Nathaniel, rooftop with Lecod and Aqua-

Nathaniel raised an eyebrow as Lecod created a portal of some sort on one of the walls before a second one formed right next to him on the ledge, and the thin red-head along with it. Evidently there were some severe limits on his ability to teleport, the first portal was only ever activated whenever he touched something. It would be a useful tidbit of information to keep in mind in case things went sour and he wound up being forced to fight again the thin and rather plain-dressed boy. "Nice to meet you too, Lecod," Nathaniel smiled sightly underneath his high collar as he moved about a foot away from Lecod, both to give him room to sit down if he wanted and to make sure that he didn't pull any underhanded tricks. "Oh...well, it's a long story, really, but...have you heard of that mass-murderer? "The Virus"? I'm mainly here to take him down...though a chance to alter reality wouldn't hurt much either..." Nathaniel trailed off slightly as he looked across from where he sat.

Given his slightly pathetic appearance made possible through the literally patched-together nature of his clothing and his inhuman features, Lecod would probably jump to the conclusion that Nathaniel had some moving and tragic reason for wanting such a thing, and the last thing the half-demon wanted to do was give him any other ideas! the more sympathetic he appeared, the better...it meant there would be less people out to kill him.

Nathaniel's head twitched to the side slightly as he heard a set of barely-audible footsteps making their way across the street below. "Er...could you hold on for one second? Thanks." The azure-haired boy grinned at Lecod in a cheeky manner before jumping to his feet and sheathing his twin blades as he made his way over to the ledge near the street. He had been right about the footsteps...and the best part had yet to come. they belonged to a stunningly beautiful young woman with blue hair that just reached her neck. She was clothed in a similarly colored tunic and appeared to be around his age to boot. Fate really seemed to be going his way today, Nathaniel could only hope that his massive burst of good fortune would continue.

Hey there, miss...is there anything I could help you with?" Nathaniel asked from his perch on the roof before jumping down and landing several feet away from Aqua, lowering his collar so that she could actually see his face as he wore one of his most charming smiles. The girl was probably a competitor, she certainly looked exotic enough to fit the bill, and he was probably making a huge mistake by not ambushing her when he had the chance, but...he could feel his incubus side stirring within him with each passing second he spent taking in her features.

There was literally no way in Hell he was going to pass up a chance like this!

The sidewalk he and Aqua stood on was bare except for the occasional garbage can outside of the buildings. There were no cars parked along the sides of the road either, and each house had at least two windows...they were obviously in some kind of residential area, though it seemed to have been abandoned either because of The Virus's rampaging or because of the tournament.

Postby Kyan » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:54 pm

[On the street conversing with Nate]

Aqua spun around quickly. she looked at the newcomer and realized he must have been a competitor because no one who was an average everyday person would be hanging out on rooftops that much is for sure. Aqua looked the boy over. he seemed to be her age, and he had a similar tunic but it was of a diffrent color and he had azure colored hair. he was passable to say the least. So Aqua figured why not have a little fun to kill the time.

Aqua gave him a shy and innocent look. "Yes, could a nice and handsome man buy me a drink please?" she said edging a bit closer to him. all she needed to do was get this guy worked up enough, and she'd be his. "Pleeese..." she cooed in a seductive voice still moving closer
yukkuri shiteite ne!

Postby Geomancer » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:03 pm

Lecod watched him go before shrugging. At least he had had a conversation that didn't have to end with a fight. He teleported from rooftop to rooftop, making his way across the city. Anyone else using his portals would have had a great deal of trouble coping with the sudden shifting of gravity but Lecod had used his portals so much that he didn't even think on what he was doing. He eventually found he was getting hungry. The problem was that he didn't have any money. He didn't like to steal but he didn't really have any choice until he won the contest.

Eventually, Lecod found a coffee shop. He looked at one of the pastries and watched until one of them was unattended before sticking his hand in a portal and grabbing a sticky bun. He chewed on it for a bit before realizing he needed some milk so he managed to grab someone's milk, mystifying the person. He had never had anything so delicious in his life and quickly finished it, along with the milk. Then he looked around from the ledge, wondering where he should go from here.

GMancer

Postby Tartaurus » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:10 pm

A second person coming to his attention, Newton looked up at the ledge."Hello there!" He greeted the fellow who had just finished a meal from the looks of it."Are you a competitor on this tournament as well?" he continued, waving.

Location: Somewhere dark, I'm bound to what I think is a chair. I can still smell chloroform...

Postby Caim » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:32 pm

-Nathaniel, residential area streets with Aqua-

Nathaniel instantly noticed the blue-haired girl's eyes roving over him in the brief moments before she spoke. From the lessons that his father had given him, her body language seemed to indicate that she didn't find him hideous, but that was all he was able to glean. The girl was actually quite difficult for him to read...fascinating. Nathaniel instantly recognized the mock shy and innocence, he had used similar tactics before and the blue-haired girl's word conflicted slightly with it as well. She edged a bit closer to him, not enough to be uncomfortable, but certainly enough to be noticed. Nathaniel had to give her credit, she definitely had a tremendous amount of potential for manipulating the...baser instincts of others. The seductive purr in her tone was enough o send almost involuntary shudders down his spine as he took a step towards her out of reflex before he recovered and made it a conscious action.

"I'd be happy to...but you'll have to point me to a good place, I'm still new to this city..." Literally being raised in one of the planes of Hell meant that Nathaniel wasn't exactly an authority on the human plane of existence, so there was almost no hope of him being able to easily locate a place where he would be able give aqua the drink she claimed she wanted. They were only about two and a half feet apart now, and all of Nathaniel's senses were on high alert, both to notice any sneak attacks and to relish being so close to Aqua. It was almost impossible to suppress his demonic instincts when they became aroused like this, so there was no point in even trying.

"Oh, my name's Nathaniel. May I ask what your's is, miss...?"

Postby Kyan » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:49 pm

[Residential area with Nate]

Aqua gave this man Nate a gleaming smile. "Oh I know a small cafe a few ways back, we can go there." Aqua took hold of Nate's right arm and lightly pressed her breasts against it and leaned her head on it as well. She could tell she was getting to him slowly, sooner or later he'd give in. "So tell me what a guy like you is doing in this place." looking up at him she had pushed her breasts against him a little more so that they would be more noticable then they were before. "Don't worry, you can tell me..." she said in that same seductive voice
yukkuri shiteite ne!

Postby Mellow » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:28 am

- Flinn Valeth, Doctor Who Now? -

Flinn was surprised to have been greeted by a stranger as he left the shop. Another fight already? Was the universe conspiring to stop him from ever making a suave exit? He looked around to find the owner of the voice and saw that it was a very tall man (at least from Flinn's perspective) in the typical garb for scientists. Flinn studied him for a moment before he relaxed himself; it didn't seem like the man had any hostile intent in him at all. As he eyed the 'doctor', he spotted a couple of odd contraptions strapped onto his arms. "A fellow scientist, I presume?" Flinn greeted the man back. "I too am a man who seeks knowledge, though I'm afraid I do not specialize in the mechanical."

"I'd tell you my name, but I'm afraid it might give you some strange power over me." Flinn half-jokingly said; he could never be too careful in this tournament. There was no telling what kind of people would gather and what they were capable of.

Apparently the stranger had a short attention span; no sooner had Flinn begun speaking to him when he had directed his attention to some newcomer. "Wasn't that a bit rude?" Flinn said, a little indignant. Though he looked young, Flinn was still a 66 year old man. A 66 year old man raised in much stricter conditions than the youth of today. "I just can't believe how unimportant manners has become to the youth of today!" he said to himself.

Postby Cobrastricken » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:49 am

[On a monorail entering the city]

Johnny slept peacefully, his head leaning against a window. It had been a long journey for him and he was glad to get some rest before the tournament. Unfortunately for him it didn’t last long. The jumbo screens that dotted the city’s skyline erupted in ear shattering cacophony of beeps, honks, and sirens. Johnny was thrown out of his seat by the alarm. He was still groggy but he knew what that meant. As the monorail came to a stop, he grabbed his spear and exited.

From the boarding platform he could see down on the streets of Snafu. There were already competitors fighting. Johnny let out a tired yawn as he spectated the brawl. Suddenly, a high pitched voice from behind him yelled, “Fools! You were all doomed from the start! You shall taste my fury!” Johnny lazily turned around. Standing between him in the monorail was a boy, probably only 11 or 12. He had on a baseball cap, blue jeans, tennis shoes, and a red shirt with a picture of a cartoon bomb on it. Johnny tilted his head, “Were you on the train with me?” Johnny didn’t see him probably because of the boy’s incredible shortness. “Enough talk! You shall be the first to fall before me! Taste my fury!” The boy grabbed a small, round, bomb from his pocket, along with a match. He lit the bomb and rolled it toward Johnny. (But not before yelling “Taste my fury!” a couple more times.) As the bomb lazily reached Johnny’s feet, Johnny just kicked it lazily back at him. The boy yelled, “Argh! My plan failed! Curse you! I shall have my revenge!” Quickly the boy jumped off the platform and ran into a random building, yelling “Taste my fury!” along the way.

Johnny turned around and started to make his way off the platform as well. He thought to himself, “What a strange boy. I hope there aren’t too many kids’ running around here, this tournament has some serious contestants. If they try to fight they could all get hur-“ BOOM! Johnny was thrown from the platform by a powerful explosion. A giant fire ball engulfed the monorail. Johnny laid flat on his back and saw the resulting inferno. “10-year olds with explosives? This is gonna be harder than I thought.”
T&C: As Thumper once said "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all." Basically "Be nice or keep your trap shut."

No, his mind is not for rent/To any god or government/
Always hopeful, yet discontent/He knows changes aren't permenant/But change is.

Postby Tartaurus » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:12 pm

Newton's attention whipped back to Finn. "Terribly sorry. It just seemed as if he was going to leave very soon. So I felt I should say hello before he did." He chuckled."I am professor Robert Newton, if that gives you some power over me then please by all means use it because I would love to see. I specialize in machinery and physics mostly, but I dabble in just about anything." He jabbered on. He began walking towards Finn, hand out with a smile in his face."So you say your a fellow scientist? I'd love to compare notes!" he finally ended.

Postby Geomancer » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:14 pm

Lecod nodded "Yep. You are in it to? Well... would you mind not fighting? I don't want to take out someone so friendly." He touch the roof and jumped into it to appear next to Newton. "My name is Lecod. What is your name?"

This was nice, two people so far that were pretty friendly. Although... he hated the later time where he would have to take out everyone he met. By that time he wouldn't be able to ignore his competition. But for now, he didn't need to be so serious.

He then turned to the other man "Well I don't have any money and I've got to eat, right?"

GMancer

Postby Tartaurus » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:23 pm

Newton swung his other hand over to Lecod, smiling." Robert Newton, a pleasure. Teleportation eh, or at the very least an impressive facsimile. Oh I just knew this was a good idea! So many fascinating new discoveries await me." It was obvious that the fights were the farthest thing from his mind.

Postby Leopardess » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:22 pm

-Catyri-

She strolls in town, looking about to sight-see, and sees a couple areas with action going on. She ponders whether to join in on one of the fights or not, but decides that she'd like a break. So, she leaps up on a rooftop, to keep herself out of ordinary people's eyes (because who looks up on rooftops, anyways?), and walks around for a bit, searching for a water source for uses in case someone picks a fight with her. At last, she comes to the edge of town, right at the edge of a lake (which is also right next to the monorail, but she didn't see any people looking her way), and she dives into the water because she was feeling hot, and water just feels good to her. Then suddenly there was an explosion inside the monorail, and she pops out of the water, and creates a wave to wash over the scene- she wasn't too worried over the strength of the wave, since she didn't think there were many people inside, and anyways the fire was her first priority.
~~!!~~#@@____ Just because ^.^
Fenix13- For you Leo, anything.
counterfeitself- xD The famous Leo is here. Uh Oh.
Garethcool- I will allow you to enjoy your Holidays Leo.

Postby Cobrastricken » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:47 pm

[Monorail station]

Johnny dusted himself off as he stared at the burning remains of the monorail platform. He thought to himself, “Uh oh, I don’t think the city will be happy with this.” Suddenly a giant wave from a nearby lake washed over the fire, putting it out. “Well that was convenient. Now to see if there are any competitors…” Johnny’s thoughts trailed as he realized he was missing something. “Oh crap! Where’s Vafnir!?” He looked at the destroyed monorail station. “Crap!” He rushed over and started digging through the smoldering debris.
T&C: As Thumper once said "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all." Basically "Be nice or keep your trap shut."

No, his mind is not for rent/To any god or government/
Always hopeful, yet discontent/He knows changes aren't permenant/But change is.

Postby gaarafan15 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:22 pm

Devlin looked down at the city streets from his place atop the building. His wings were spread, his tail, moving slowly behind him. A face completley devoid of any emotion looked down at the streets, his black claws flexing ever so slightly.

"Another night...another search."

Taking flight, Devlin, who looked no older then 13, created a shadow that skimmed the streets. Flying higher and higher, Devlin cosed his eyes as he flew high above the clouds.

"Will tonight...have my answers?"

Closing his wings, Devlin plummeted to the ground, people pointing and staring as he fell. When he was a few metres above the ground, his wings spread, and he stopped dead in his track sinches from the floor, his clawed feet hovering.

"Let tonight...be the night."

With that, Devlin flew into the sky again, an dlanded on a nearvy building, examing a burning Monarail station.

"What have the foolish humans done this time?"

((Sorry guys, my computor is busted, so I don't know how often I'll be able to post.))

Back from the dead.

Postby Mellow » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:40 pm

- Flinn Valeth, Scratch me and I'll scratch back -

Flinn looked at the one called Lecod, and he suddenly noticed that the lad had just appeared out of nowhere. Teleportation? Amazing. That was a huge success for science; if he ever got a chance to observe the lad's abilities more, he'd take down notes and try to apply it somehow to his own alchemy. Still, he disliked how the boy used it for petty theft. "Does the end ever justify the means?" he said to Lecod before he turned his attention back to the doctor, Newton. "Well, I suppose I can tell you my name as well. I am Flinn Valeth." he said; it didn't seem like Newton could do anything with his name anyway.

Flinn thought about Newton's request to share their knowledge. "Well, I suppose. It's always a pleasure to share what I have learned with others, but I'd rather if ALL people present here did the same." he told him. He was referring to Lecod; Flinn would rather not have him hear anything that could give the boy an advantage over him.

Postby Geomancer » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:56 am

Lecod shrugged "I know but I don't have any money and I was hungry. What do you expect me to do? Anyway, it was only a sticky bun and some milk." He looked between Flinn and Newton, thinking about Flinn's response. He didn't really know how his powers worked and these people seemed pleasent enough. Hopefully it wouldn't come back to bite him in the butt. "Sure, I mean I don't really know the specifics of my abilities but I'll show them to you."

GMancer

Next

Return to Role Playing