Wild ARMS RP OOC (Moving again, or so I hope.)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Wild ARMS RP OOC

Postby Jay » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:59 pm

I don't mind my post being the fade out xD
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby Hana » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:28 am

Unless I can come up with something I feel is suitable for an end-scene, I would also be more comfortable with Jay's post wrapping it up.

I'll try, but if I don't come up with anything I think is up to snuff, I just won't post.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Cascade » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:30 pm

Right, I've given you guys on Sunset side the ability to develop your characters independently a little more. You might run into a few Sunrise side characters as well, too, but I am going to continue the Sunrise thing after you have posted maybe a few times. Soon the groups will merge.
FUKKATSU

Postby Imenak » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:32 pm

So I can assume Kit has the sword, back from page 5, right?
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Aura » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:29 pm

So everyone is now in the same place right?

Postby Cascade » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:08 am

Imenak wrote:So I can assume Kit has the sword, back from page 5, right?

Yah.
FUKKATSU

Postby BG07 » Fri May 08, 2009 8:57 pm

Hey Cas you're gonna need to whip up a 'they went into the place and met the guy' type of post for how they find Lance so that me and Imenak can move on XP

Postby Imenak » Fri May 08, 2009 10:17 pm

There's only so many ways we can say the same things!
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Cascade » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:57 am

Okay, sorry about dragging my feet about this for so long. ^_^"

I'm gonna start posting regularly again. Are you all still interested in playing?
Since Hana can't play regularly, and I've been mistaken in waiting for her to become available again, I've decided that I'd like to replace her for the "Drifter Princess" role.

There are two ways to approach this. Firstly, someone could take her character and play her themselves. There are a number of problems with this idea, namely that Hana would probably not want to see her character hijacked by someone else, and likewise that person would probably prefer to make their own character. In addition, there are a bunch of variables involved with her background and other things of the sort that need to be taken into account.

A better alternative would be to bump Hana's character out of the role and make her a supporting character, a rival. (Aura's.)

I'm erring on the second option. In any case, the Drifter Princess role is open. I'd like an RPer who is willing to make a character that fits the role, but is different enough from Hana's character to be unique.

Whether she's a farm girl from a peaceful town destined to become a legendary gunslinger or a spoiled daughter from a rich family searching for adventure, the character should be funny and energetic, although since I'll be taking control of Annie, perhaps some of the comic relief slack has been eased off the RPer who makes a character to take her spot. XD

I'm still determined to do right by this RP, so I hope you will all enjoy playing. :D
FUKKATSU

Postby Jay » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:18 am

\o/

KOI

Postby BG07 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:23 am

I guess I'm still here.

Postby Aura » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:29 am

Whatever you prefer Cas.

Postby Jay » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:09 pm

You should mention in the subject line that you're open to a new character.

Re: Wild ARMS RP OOC (Accepting New Character!)

Postby Cascade » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:32 pm

Ah yeah, that's a good idea.

And Aura, Imenak, in case you were wondering, I'm cool with big restructuring, so if you don't want to play anymore, be sure to tell me so I can replace you as well. Otherwise I hope you'll keep playing with us.
FUKKATSU

Postby Imenak » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:24 pm

I'm still interested in this. What would make you think otherwise? xP
My Characters' Endings

Postby Aura » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:26 pm

Yeah, and why us?

Postby Jay » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:40 pm

Because you're old fogeys.

Postby Slipslash » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:44 am

Hey Cascade,

I was thinking of some soldier like character, and then I saw you little advert on not having anymore protagonists, and then my soldier became a sergeant who may just be your old stubborn rival type. You know the one who believes in rules and the gov't a little bit too much....

Think that'd work?

keep on mind, it's still a thought, i'd just thought I'd drop it by. And of course, anything other then that will be fine by me, I can be innovated.....

*Edit: I then read the other half of the explanation and I was :jawdrop: But I love complication.....just give me a few hints, on what might or might not be available....
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Cascade » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:57 am

Rofl, don't get suspicious. I was just making sure. XD

So, Hana's role as Drifter Princess is open. For people who might be interested in playing, I will put the archetype up again in the first post, but basically, the role is that of a tomboyish, probably spoiled, female gunner. Although immature and prone to being comic relief, she has some dramatic potential and a lot of room to mature. She is the kind of character who, if this was an actual WA game, wins over the player by being both energetic and cute, while at the same time surprisingly brave. ^_^
I figure this is a type of character that would be especially attractive to female RPers because of the main girls, she is the most proactive and probably most likely to net a handsome guy, lol. Stereotypically, she would be the protagonist, but this game has no main character; everyone's stories will be examined and approached in some major way in the plot.

There is also a male character slot open, entirely new, with an archetype I haven't decided upon yet. It should be soon though. As there is no Archetype yet, you can't apply for this role until I've decided one.

When applying to this RP, you can follow the rules specified in the first post, but the basic idea is that you select the archetype you would like to play. Character name, backstory, personality, looks and ARM are all up to you; the archetype is just basic guidelines meant to make sure the party meshes well together. That's the basis of every WA, and every good RPG: party chemistry to make an interesting story with a likable cast.

You write up a character sheet using the one provided in my first post. Then you share the idea you have for the character's backstory with me via PM. Reading the term glossary in the first post can help you come up with ideas. I'll try to edit it as little as possible to help fit it into the story; I'm also totally fine with helping you come up with a good concept, but you should be sure to play something you enjoy. It is very likely if not guaranteed that this backstory will surface somewhere in the plot, and NPCs will emerge, whether played by me or possibly other RPers in the future, who may be rivals to your character. You're allowed to control NPCs related to your character's backstory for the most part, unless I specify otherwise. (Generally, as long as I don't introduce them. If I do, they are probably important to the oncoming plot, lol.) Feel free to give me feedback on how you think the NPC should be played and I'll do my best to do things your way. :)

Once you've established a character, I'll assign stats to your character's ARM, which is just fun fluff. I encourage you to draw or otherwise share a picture along with the physical description required in the character sheet, but I'll probably draw a version of your character (As well as the ones I still owe you guys...) at some point in the future. That won't be the "canon" version of the character; just something fun to share so you can see how I saw the character in the plot. In the end, it's your character, so they look however you want them to, and make decisions in the story the way you want them to.

Slip: The new Archetype might be something like what you've mentioned, although we already have an "uncle" in the party. (BG's character. XD) So as far as old guys go, we're already good. So far, we don't have a character that is young enough or spirited enough to really be similar to a normal WA protagonist, so I may make the new character archetype more similar to that.

If you want to play a rival at some point in the future, however, a loyal soldier type might be available.
FUKKATSU

Postby Imenak » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:08 am

Cascade wrote:So far, we don't have a character that is young enough or spirited enough to really be similar to a normal WA protagonist, so I may make the new character archetype more similar to that.

Indeed! I've remade my character's personality as time went on just so there could be a more positive and naively idealistic character. Aside from when Nina's drunk, Kit is stuck with some very serious old people. I say old, because in JRPG years, being 20 and over is really more like being over 40.
My Characters' Endings

Postby Slipslash » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:08 pm

Oh no Cascade, by old, I meant the typical "Inspector Zenigata" type (although....he may be old too...)

BUT, a young is good too. in fact, maybe something akin to a rich boy cpt.? You know, the one who goes up in ranks not because of valor, but because of their family statues. *hint, hint* *wink, wink*
Last edited by Slipslash on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Tuor » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Working on a Drifter Princess. Just had some questions about ARMs.

Can they be Melee weapons? I'm trying to go for an ARM that hasn't already been used by any of the current characters. Everything seems covered gun-wise.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Cascade » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:40 pm

Melee is acceptable; there are definitely melee ARMS, some of which use specialized shells. Almost anything you can think of is acceptable, within reason. I would not find it strange for someone to have a gunblade, or the bayonet rifle from WA2. If not that, it could be some kind of sword you rev up that uses fuel and ignites on fire. I wonder where I got that idea? XD
FUKKATSU

Postby Berry-tan » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:31 pm

I'll be trying for the Drifter Princess role as well~

Postby Slipslash » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:25 pm

And I will be trying for that other spot....when it becomes available of course.....

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing