Totem RP OOC. *For to Discuss Roleplaying.*

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Totem RP OOC.

Postby Glacier » Wed May 30, 2007 9:55 pm

My bad, I must've missed it. I'll post soon.

Postby k-hallowseve » Wed May 30, 2007 10:10 pm

Don't worry 'bout it--simple miscommunication. :) I should have kept better track of that, too. This is my first time trying anything like this on Snafu, so if y'all think something's missing in the future, let me know so I can correct it. It's easier to do this stuff around a table with pencil and dice, at least for me. So this is definitely a learning experience.
I'm not dead! I'm getting better... >.>
----
Þæt fram hám gefrægn Higeláces þegn
gód mid Géatum, Grendles daéda•
sé wæs moncynnes mægenes strengest
on þaém dæge þysses lífes
æþele ond éacen•
----
Elemental Academy CS #1, #2 | X Institute CS #1, #2 | Totem RP CS
The wandering hobo.

Postby Mystery Girl » Thu May 31, 2007 6:47 am

hehe the archer is in trouble... Kida is VERY fast...:D

Postby Nyvyan » Thu May 31, 2007 10:34 am

Edited

Person’s name: Daskavar Varaski
Person’s age: 15
Person’s gender: Male

Person’s History: Dashkavar was brought up in a small village with his parents and sister. His family had great bonds with their totems. Life was peaceful in their little village but it didn’t stay that way. When Dashkavar was four his village was attacked and destroyed by bandits. They pillaged and burned everything. As far as he knows he is the only survivor, enabled only by his totem’s power. Almost a year passed and Dashkavar was taken in by a group of assassins known as “The Black Wing”. They trained him mercilessly, teaching him how to kill without emotion, regret or mercy. He was sent on “jobs” frequently and he always succeeded. His target always believed that they could not be killed by a mere child. On one job things didn’t go to plan. Studying his target he refused to kill her. He warned the woman and instead killed the man who had sought the contract. Unable to return to the Black Wings for fear of death (to fail the kill was to offer yourself instead) he fled. Travelling, hoping against all odds that the Black Wings wouldn’t pursue him, that he could survive.

Personality Quirks: Dashkavar is quiet. He is a dark, mysterious person. Although many wouldn’t guess it, he can be charming if the situation calls for delicate handling. Dashkavar has “issues”, his anger can flare up unexpectedly over the smallest things. He is a merciless killer, killing first asking questions later. His training from such a young age enables him to outmatch most opponents.

Clothing Style: He wears a black t-shirt and black trousers. Doesn’t need more layers because of his totem. He wears black boots and has black fingerless gloves. He has a chain with the pendant of a four leaf clover that was given to him by his sister.

Equipment: (Thought I’d add this to make sure the GM is aware of what I’ve got) Two blades, sword like that are thin but very sharp. The blades curve into a hook at the end, used for hooking weapons or limbs. Sheaths for the swords. A wooden bow, in-between the size of a shot bow and longbow and a quiver with 20 arrows. A pouch that contains 10 throwing stars on his belt and two daggers that are sheathed in his boots.

Totem’s Name: Luthwen
Totem’s Race: Phoenix
Totem’s Gender: Male
Totem’s Element: Darkness
Runes: Equipped with a rune of darkness. The rune is equipped on Luthwen’s back in the middle.

For the observent of you here you will have noticed that I have edited my character sheet. This is because (and I think you will all agree) that having a seven year old around may cause some problems, hell, alot of problems like, how the hell is he going to defend himself when his totem is busy fighting, how is he going to walk such a long distance (he can't fly all the time) etc etc. Also I felt it would be easier for the GM's having similar age groups, somehow a seven year old just doesn't seem right.

What was I thinking? (rhetorical question, please don't answer :P )
Last edited by Nyvyan on Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fenix13- Now see, that is a prime example of how people in other RP's should be. Bravo Nyvyan, You are the shining symbol of what awesome should be.- Oh yeah, I'm awesome!

Postby k-hallowseve » Thu May 31, 2007 10:59 am

Yah, I'd say the archer is toast. :P Kokoro just yanked out his voicebox, and Kida and Tarik are right there just in case.

The only one left (aside from the writing out the dying guys as they finally keel over) is Derias, and I'll wait for PPGD to post before I mess with him.
----
æþele ond éacen•
----
The wandering hobo.

Postby Crosis » Thu May 31, 2007 12:01 pm

-.- dang. I've missed a lot. Shows what happens when I sleep till one in the afternoon.

Postby Mathias » Thu May 31, 2007 1:04 pm

The fact that this band was easily defeated; could it be chalked up to overwhelming numbers or overestimation?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Crosis » Thu May 31, 2007 1:06 pm

I would say that it was probably both. the group had at least twice as many people as the bandits. Not to mention the fact that the bandits were cocky, thinking that a group of adolescents could easily have been brought down.

Postby k-hallowseve » Thu May 31, 2007 1:31 pm

I figured I'd use some bandits who weren't very well-trained in combat for a first encounter. They're the kind of guys who pick on people weaker than them, so they got in over their heads with numbers and experience (in the case of Drake, who's been in the military).
----
æþele ond éacen•
----
The wandering hobo.

Postby Mystery Girl » Thu May 31, 2007 2:26 pm

I want a bow and arrow... will I be able to get it off the Archer when hes dead?

Postby k-hallowseve » Thu May 31, 2007 2:51 pm

I don't see any reason why not. I don't get the impression anyone damaged it during the fight.
----
æþele ond éacen•
----
The wandering hobo.

Postby Shana-chan » Thu May 31, 2007 5:49 pm

uhm, Glaicer, is it just me or did you seem to plow over all my in character actions? >_<
You are reading this.

Postby Glacier » Thu May 31, 2007 6:00 pm

Sorry If it seemed that way, but I assumed that Shana was already treating Tarik's wounds when Angelus grabbed the supplies and repositioned them. I can edit if necessary. The way I see it is this:

Shana took some supplies from the bag and went to aid Tarik. After she went to help him, then the events of my post occured.

Postby Shana-chan » Thu May 31, 2007 6:07 pm

She tended to Tarlik last, seeing how his wound wasn't as bad as the other person's wound, who's name escapes me quite frankly. .-.;;; However, my character being so meek and insignifgant is happlasly thrown about.
You are reading this.

Postby Glacier » Thu May 31, 2007 6:21 pm

Exactly, minus the being thrown abot part. What I'm saying is this:

Angelus was till around the supplies. You never said anything about picking them up or moving them, only shuffling through them.

Wait, do you mean to say you helped Riana? I assumed no one had since you didn't put down a name. Sorry, I can delete that part from my post. You really gotta use names when you do stuff. I never saw you move over to Riana and Adira to help either. That's why I figured I'd help her out.

Scratch that, I just read your post, you only went to aid Tarik.

Postby Shana-chan » Thu May 31, 2007 6:29 pm

Kokoro had given Shana the supplies he was told to protect, so she's had them the entire time. This would mean either A- Angel mugged Shana for the supplies or b- Angel dragged Shana by her hair from point A to point B to have the supplies.

I'll delete part of my post when I can think of something to replace it with...
You are reading this.

Postby Glacier » Thu May 31, 2007 6:43 pm

Don't change your post. I'll edit mine again. I've editted it to include you and k-hallow though. my bad. you guys gotta start using people's names.

Did you forget Drake and Angel had some supplies too.

Anyway, I was assuming that shana didn't carry the stuff into battle with her. I assumed wrong.

Postby k-hallowseve » Thu May 31, 2007 9:04 pm

Erm... I'm pretty sure I stated both Adira and Riana's names several times in that last post... *checks* Yep, I did. The only time I don't use a character's name is when I'm playing an NPC point-of-view that realistically wouldn't know their names--and I still ended up using PC names frequently during the battle to avoid too much confusion. But in my PC's POV, I make a point of using proper nouns at least once for clarity and to avoid some redundancy (because I get really tired of saying him/his/her/hers/he/she over and over).
----
æþele ond éacen•
----
The wandering hobo.

Postby Mathias » Thu May 31, 2007 11:50 pm

Thank you, Glacier, for handling the situation so well, taking responsibility by offering to edit your post, rather than Shana editing her's. I'd like to avoid potential conflict b/w player's being confused with each other.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Crosis » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:32 am

Just a question. Did Drake's spell heal all of Riana's arm, removing all scarring that would've occurred, or did the spell leave faint scars?

Postby Mathias » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:44 am

Is it night time, already? When we left, it was morning.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Elend-X » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:50 am

Well we took some hours to reach the oasis so I guess it should be afternoon, or noon.

Postby Glacier » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:43 pm

You got it right in your post. The spell leaves no scars or anything.

Postby k-hallowseve » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:03 pm

Eh, edited the part of the last post with Tarik taking back hs shirt... that was originally supposed to be in the one I just posted, after Angelus healed him. Accidently copied that with the rest from the word file I had. So I moved it; not a major edit, but that's why that's there now.

And yeah, I was also under the impression that it was only noon-early afternoon, not later in the day. Thanks for clearing that up, Mathias. :)
----
æþele ond éacen•
----
The wandering hobo.

Postby Mystery Girl » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:29 pm

I thought it was 10-12 when we left... I'm sure Drake said you were meeting at 11... and it did take a while to get to the Oasis... so I dunno... I'm confused... >.<

Added after 1 hours 57 minutes:

everyone ignored my very long coment... how charming... it was very important... and I hope Koin is offended to being told -Basically- that hes being an idiot.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing