Elemental Academy *OOC* Dead. Kaput. Finito. RIP.

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Postby k-hallowseve » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:54 pm

Eww, sounds busy. And busy isn't fun. Good luck, Zath. :)
I'm not dead! I'm getting better... >.>
----
Þæt fram hám gefrægn Higeláces þegn
gód mid Géatum, Grendles daéda•
sé wæs moncynnes mægenes strengest
on þaém dæge þysses lífes
æþele ond éacen•
----
Elemental Academy CS #1, #2 | X Institute CS #1, #2 | Totem RP CS
The wandering hobo.

Postby cyborg902 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:16 pm

ok than im free to enjoy my trip

Postby Karo » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:28 am

Cloud3514 wrote:
PPGD Fan wrote:
Cloud3514 wrote:
nobody1111 wrote:
cyborg902 wrote:
nobody1111 wrote:
cyborg902 wrote:man it would suck if people all started to leave before it even starts

so you should stay

I'm just not sure in my grammar abilities

I just want to say this I use Microsoft word to check for grammar im a forum cheater ^_^

I use google spelling checker.

I'm lazy, I just use the spell check built into FireFox.
I do the same, but it's got American versions of words not English so I don't change those mistakes.

Though ironically, it uses the UK Google as the default homepage.
I'm gonna say this once, and once only...
Don't spam the threads!
You have no idea how hard it is for me and Zath to find the character sheets when you guys have so many spam posts in the sign up threads. That's what the spam forum is for.
Now, onto accepting people...
Mystery Girl, PPGD Fan, TheLivingCouch, you three are all accepted.
Goshin A29, you'll be accepted after adding more detail to your character. Especially the personality and weapons sections.
But Mystery Girl, you don't Need to Capitalize every Fifth word or so. Unless you're using capitalization to Emphasize your words, like I'm doing right now.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Emerald Emblem » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:52 am

Thanks, ok, no more spam from me.
Lily: few people here are worthy of my rape

Postby Mystery Girl » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:48 am

Thanks, and I don't know why I do that... I'll try and stop

Postby Emerald Emblem » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:49 am

Can advising people how to improve spelling be considered spam though?

Re: Elemental Academy *Sign Ups OPEN!*

Postby Distracto » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:55 am

Well the way you guys do it... Yeah.
Kinda Back...we will see

Postby Ro Wong » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:03 am

If it can be done simply and in few posts, it'd be fine. Otherwise it just makes a mess, so it's best to go into PMs with it if things don't settle down quickly.
Demon of Elru

Postby Emerald Emblem » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:14 am

Well that chat is over now, plus I only posted once.

Postby Elend-X » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:13 pm

Ok, this is my first character in the RP forum and I hope I did well. ^_^
Name: Jonathan Neptune Stalker
Codename: Poseidon
Appearance: Jonathan has pitch black straight hair that is cut short and is tidy but still moves in front of his face sometimes. His eyes have a vibrant dark blue colour with small lines of white. They are small and sharp at the ends. His skin is fairly dark and has normal proportions for someone with his height, 1.79 metres. He doesn’t look very muscular because of his shirt and jacket but he is considerably strong and agile.
He always wears a pair of rectangular glasses with black skeleton and moderately bluish eyeglasses. In addition he typically wears a light sea-blue shirt with a dark-blue jacket and the same colour trousers. He wears normal black leather shoes and has a silver pocket watch hanging from his jacket.
He wields his trident, Sorrowful Arachne, on the side with a silver belt that has a symbol of a crossed trident and mermaid on it in the front. Although its belt generally covered by his jacket so it’s rarely seen.
Main Element: Water
Weapon of Choice: Sorrowful Arachne, A trident that can be split into two parts; the top part looks the same but with a smaller handle and the second looks just a plain stick. The fork at the top of the trident is golden, the three different points look like three individual daggers curved to move towards the middle. On the junction between the fork and the grip there is a sea snake curled around, his head with a wide open mouth pointing towards the one side the eyes of the snake glowing dark blue as the sea, the scales of the snake are clearly shown on the detailed design, with the same golden colour as the fork. Also its grip is made from wood, a red oak to be exact, but it is plated with a peculiar metal that is found in some abandoned islands in the Pacific. It is has a shiny grey-blue colour.
Marked on the plating there are specific runes that let the colour of the oak to be slightly seen. The Runes are translated to the weapon’s name. When the weapon splits, the name is cut into two, Arachne for the top part and Sorrowful for the bottom.
Personality: Jonathan is serious and does not have a big sense of humour. He may grin but rarely laugh even ironically; he rarely shows his feelings and is normally cold to others, not speaking very much, but still he listens extremely carefully to other people and will comment if he thinks that it is important. Even though he is serious he likes to make pompous entrances and movements. So that he will keep his status in the academy.
He is sometimes dreaming and he is quite forgetful, not a very reliable character but he is still loyal. He likes to make his students struggle so that he can take the best out of them and make them work harder. He can do quick thinking and can react ruthlessly without hesitation.
He likes to see people being at their best behaviour and condition, he will never accept a fight if it’s handicapped. He likes to write sometimes and usually his stories are based on the events occurring in his life. He is frequently searching things in the library to improve himself and his students.
Class taught: Strategy of the Elements, how to counter or take advantage of situations; countering spells, getting advantage of the area, finding appropriate strategies using the elements; also how to turn a disadvantage to an advantage.

Waiting for your comments... I hope I am not as repeatative as before.
Last edited by Elend-X on Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Zath » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:04 pm

I'll comment on this one CS. You absolutely CANNOT teach stuff like that. Combining elements is extremely advanced and even the most proficient students in their final year barely manage to cast the weakest spells consisting of combined elements.

Postby Emerald Emblem » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:09 pm

Zathroth wrote:I'll comment on this one CS. You absolutely CANNOT teach stuff like that. Combining elements is extremely advanced and even the most proficient students in their final year barely manage to cast the weakest spells consisting of combined elements.
It might be a teacher character sheet, age 34 makes it seem that way.

Postby Mystery Girl » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:19 pm

Thats not what he means... he means teaching how to mix the elements... to learn that at a young age would be good but not realistic.

Postby Emerald Emblem » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:22 pm

Mystery Girl wrote:Thats not what he means... he means teaching how to mix the elements... to learn that at a young age would be good but not realistic.
Oops, my first of probably many mistakes in the rp forum.

Postby Aneri » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:58 pm

No worries, I've made far too many mistakes in my time here XD And that was such a minor one that it isn't even a mistake, but just a simple misunderstanding :)
"I'm all out. What do ya got?" "A utility belt full of crap and a positive outlook?"

Postby Karo » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:08 pm

Elend-X wrote:Ok, this is my first character in the RP forum and I hope I did well. ^_^
Name: Jonathan Neptune Stalker
Codename: Poseidon
Appearance:
He has pitch black straight hair, that are cut short and are tidy but they are moving in front of his face. His eyes a strong dark blue colour with small lines of white. His eyes are quite small and sharp at the ends. His skin is quite dark and he has normal proportions for someone with height of 1.79 metres.
He always wears a pair of rectangular glasses with black skeleton and quite bluish eyeglass. Also he usually wears a light sea-blue shirt with a dark-blue jacket and similar coloured trousers. He wears normal black leather shoes and has a silver pocket watch hanging from his jacket.
He wields his trident, Sorrowful Arachne, on the side with a silver belt that has a symbol of a crossed trident and mermaid on it in the front. Although its belt usually covered by his jacket so it’s rarely seen. He is swift with his movements and quite strong.
Main Element: Water
Weapon of Choice:
Sorrowful Arachne, A trident that can be split into two parts; It is golden on the top with a sea snake-like dragon below the fork. Also its handle is made from wood, oak to be exact, but is plated with a peculiar metal that is found in some abandoned islands in the Pacific. It is coloured shiny grey-blue.
Personality:
A serious character that may laugh but rarely hysterically or even intensive. He rarely shows his feelings and is usually cold to others. Even though he is serious he likes to make pompous entrances and movements.
He is sometimes dreaming and he is quite forgetful, not a very reliable character but he is still loyal. He likes to make his students struggle so that he can take the best out of them and make them work harder. He can do quick thinking and can react ruthlessly without hesitation.
Class taught: Strategy of the Elements, How to combine the elements and how to counter or take advantage of situations.

Waiting for your comments...

Firstly, I never want to see the word "quite" ever again now. Secondly, you need to work on your grammar. Thirdly, you need to be more descriptive in the personality and weapons sections. And lastly, I reccommend that you invest in a thesaurus, because you are ridiculously repetitive.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Elend-X » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:07 am

I didn't expect this many mistakes.... And I know that I repeat many words such as quite, usually etc, etc, etc... But I don't like not to use them, don't know what's wrong with me.
Grammar I expected... I do that everywhere... And it seems you are right about the others too Karo. well back to see how I can improve it (correct and add more things)

Added after 11 hours 42 minutes:

Editted with hopefully less grammar and mistakes and less repetition. And I deleted every 'quite' Karo! :)

Postby cyborg902 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:48 pm

cyborg is back as a victor. woot
(won my tourney)

Postby Karo » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:56 am

Congradulations Cyborg. Hee. I did something like that too. My school color guard got 2nd place in Championships yesterday! I'm really happy about it because it's my last competition. Oh, Elendf, that's much better. You're in.

Postby k-hallowseve » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:07 am

Congrats to both Cyborg and Karo. ^_^

Oh, and I've been keeping track of all the characters that have been accepted so far, both teachers and students. So, Zath, or Karo, if either of you wants me to post it, lemme know--I need to go back and add the names of the players for each PC yet. It's just something I did for fun, to see who was there and how many there were so far, etc.

It's amazing what silly things I'll do to avoid writing an English essay. :P
----
æþele ond éacen•
----
The wandering hobo.

Postby Ultimate destroyer » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:23 am

Id' liked to join! just give me a min to star my character sheet....

*opens a word document* I'll try not to be to long

Location: Unspecified location, plotting... Always Plotting...

Postby Karo » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:03 am

Thanks for the offer, Hallowseve, I would like you to please post that so it will be easier for Zath to update the first post with the list of accepted characters.

And good luck Destroyer, I'll warn you now that I'm a grammar nazi and very criticizing when it comes to character sheets.

Postby Ultimate destroyer » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:32 am

Try that. tell me if anything needs changing.

Student Character:

Name:Rikki Jamison

Codename: (These will be assigned to you after the tournament.)

Appearance:
· Rikki Is short standing tall at only 5ft2”
· She has long hair just past her shoulder. It is black, with red highlights
· Bust- C cup (haha, look at the detail!)
· Rikki is of medium build, she has some muscles and is strong for a girl, but she cannot run very fast or for very long
· Her eyes are a brilliant shade of green

Clothing (I don’t know if they wear Uniform or not this is her casual wear)
· Black baggy combat trousers,
· Plain skin hugging strap top (usualy dark grey or black)
· A men’s black shirt open over the strap top
· Rikki wears a pair of black fingerless gloves
· And some heavy black leather boots (steel toe caps)
· Around her neck Rikki wears a gold chain, an emerald pendant hanging from it just above her cleavage.
· Weapons belt
· Pouch
· Watch
· Bracelet

(if she has to wear skull uniform she will wear as well)
· Pendant
· Fingerless gloves
· Watch
· Bracelet

((Or for those that want the appearance in paragraph format))

Rikki is a short girl standing about 5ft 2”. Her long black hair cascades down to just past her shoulders, blood red highlights shining as they catch the light. Rikki is of medium build, strong in the arm, although she could never be a long distance runner. She is strong for a girl of her age, taking after her father.
Rikki wears a black pair of combat trousers, multitudes of items can be found in the pockets, black boots clad her feet, and a tight strap top upon her chest, usualy in dark grey or black. Hung loosly over her shoulders was a dark shirt. Rikki wore a pendant around her neck, a green glowing emerald on a gold chain, a present from her mother. A pair of black fingerless gloves covered her hands, a watch on one wrist, and a leather bracelet on the other.

Weapon of Choice:
Rikki never likes being with out a weapon, when she is allowed to carry them she prefers to wield duel daggers because of their speed in a combat.
· Both daggers are sheathed on her weapons belt. They have a bronze handle, and are 18” in total, handle to tip. The blades are polished regularly, and have a runic inscription down the blades
· Rikki has never liked to feel unarmed, so even when she is not allowed her weapons belt, she still carried two pocket knives hidden in her boots or strapped to her ankles beneath her trousers.

Personality:

One word ‘over confident’ Rikki believes she can take on the world and win, This is due to her mother and father both being very powerful, she believes that she has inherited this and Deserves to be strong. Always trying to best anyone better than her she will never stand for second place. She is filled with pride, and believes she has to do everything she can to equal the power her parents hold.

Rikki can be very cold when she wants to be, a tom boy, she dislikes being in crowds, and near to many people. It takes a lot for Rikki to trust many, she will befriend someone so that she isn’t alone when she doesn’t want to be, but it will take a lot more for them to become true friends, This is because of an incident Rikki had as a child.

When someone has gotten close enough to call themselves Rikki’s friend, she will protect them with her life, and would never betray them. She is loyal, and trustworthy.

Rikki Despises being out done or upstaged, to the point of agitation where she may snap, she has a short temper and isn’t afraid of anyone (as of yet)
Last edited by Ultimate destroyer on Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

Location: Unspecified location, plotting... Always Plotting...

Postby k-hallowseve » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:34 am

Sure thing, I'll post it as soon as I get all the players listed and such. And I can just edit the same post as more people join. It may not be up for a bit; I'm doing homework as I write this.

Destroyer, she sounds cool. :) They (Karo or Zath) will probably ask you to change the 'Appearance' section to a paragraph instead of a bulleted list. Just a head's up. :)
----
æþele ond éacen•
----
The wandering hobo.

Postby TheLivingCouch » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:36 am

Very nice. Interesting character you have there Destroyer.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing