The X Institute OOC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: The X Institute OOC: Roll Call for Newbies Only!

Postby Nebacanezzar » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:36 am

Dude, my guy is Irish, this is going to be so much fun.
V The most adorable plushie ever.
Image[br]Click here to feed me a Rare Candy![br]Get your own at PokePlushies!
Kyuu wrote:NEBBY!!!!! *tackles him to the ground, hugging him* I love you!!! ^_^ You're so awesome.

Postby Imenak » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:16 am

I PMed Aneri about something and so the Cortana arc may extend longer than anticipated to fit in the debriefing. However, no one in Cortana should be posting, as of Aneri's most current post, the arc is officially over (as much as I know you want post a reaction to all that). I haven't posted the end Issue post, but it should come about tomorrow. Currently, my mind's too tired to put together the conclusion, as well as PM all the players the stuff I need to.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Hana » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:23 am

YAY! Kennedy lives! *claps and dances* Miranda will be so happy!

AND we got to have the moral issue, some tension between John and Miranda, and a minor betrayal, all in the name of the greater good! I'm so happy with how that turned out! *grins like the cat that got the canary*
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby desertrose » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:31 am

Thank you, Imenak for the reply, and I also have another question, are any of the other characters so far in this rp healers?
~~``::Fang fetish::``~~
-Participant in Art Contests (2)
-Participant in active Rp's (4)

Postby Glacier » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:52 am

Imenak wrote:I PMed Aneri about something and so the Cortana arc may extend longer than anticipated to fit in the debriefing. However, no one in Cortana should be posting, as of Aneri's most current post, the arc is officially over (as much as I know you want post a reaction to all that). I haven't posted the end Issue post, but it should come about tomorrow. Currently, my mind's too tired to put together the conclusion, as well as PM all the players the stuff I need to.

Sorry, my post has been deleted and stored until further notice.

Postby Imenak » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:00 pm

@desertrose: Nope. We used to have one, but he left a long time ago.

@Glacier: Thank you for the effort.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Jay » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:09 pm

Pft, who needs healers? xD

The X-men never needed no damn heelers.
jkjk
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby TheLivingCouch » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:45 pm

Here we are another CS to go out with the others I hope it's not to late to put another one into the mix before things get going again.

Name: Franklin Dempter
Appearance: Franklin is 5’6’’ and very pale, as if he hadn’t seem much sun in ages. He is also lean to the point of being scrawny. His eyes are a dull grey color and his black hair has grown out to the bottom of his neck. It is unkempt and often falls into his face. Franklin likes to wear loose clothing, or anything that he can be comfortable in, with no real regard for style.

Personality: Franklin is a slouch, not liking to do much of anything if it doesn’t appeal to him. This is compounded by a lethargic and almost sleepy nature. He is also strangely detached from his surroundings often ignoring the people and the action going on around him. He is not very talkative but lacking people skills, can be very forward to the point of stating the obvious.

Postby BG07 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:54 pm

God damnit Neb... when I went running today I suddenly got struck with inspiration to make an Irish character...

Shall we be brothers? I want to play an Irishman :unsure:

Postby Archrival » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:56 pm

Be a Scotsman because then the classic joke is born "An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into the brotherhood's club and kick ass!!"
SUPPPAAAHHH

Re: The X Institute OOC: Next Issue Begins

Postby darkshark » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:58 pm

so is my dude accepted?
buh

Postby Imenak » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:04 pm

@darkshark: No. Your CS isn't as nearly as refined as I'm looking for.

Ah, and Archrival has been accepted under some provisional terms. TheLivingCouch, I'm looking over your stuff now.
My Characters' Endings

Postby darkshark » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:07 pm

fuck. ah well there's other stuff.
buh

Postby Mystery Girl » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:41 pm

yey... So I start posting tomorrow...

Postby Glacier » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:08 pm

When I get back home tonight, I'll post. I'm coming back baby! weah!!

*turns into the juggernaut*

yeah, I'm the juggernaut bitch lol

Postby BG07 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:09 pm

Name: Mickey O’Brian
Appearance: A tall and slender individual, standing at an above average height of 6’1. He is very skinny, having only slight muscle definition while not having any large traces of fat. Mickey has the body of a track runner, long limbs, and a very angular frame. Many people consider him as being quite attractive, having many handsome features that always seem to drive the girls wild, one such feature being a perfectly trimmed go-tee. His hair is black and wavy, brushed backwards in a slightly feathered fashion, in a way similar to his idol Collin Farrell. The young man’s eyes are a dark emerald green color, and are his personal favorite trait about his entire body, in which many ladies seem to also agree. He has a tattoo on his upper right shoulder, a small bunch of green clovers with the word ‘lucky’ written in black amongst them. Mickey has a very punkish look to him, always wearing ripped and frayed jeans along with very tight t-shirts or cut offs, usually with some kind of inappropriate or random saying upon it. On his wrists he’s always seen wearing several bead bracelets with many different and colorful charms.

Personality: Mickey is a very cocky and arrogant person, but he goes about it in a very charming and playful manner. The man has a good sense of humor, but has been known to go a bit too far on occasion, often times not being able to know when enough is enough. He seems to have the ability to get along with anyone that he wants to, this is mostly due to his somewhat charming personality accompanied with his thick Irish accent that people always tend to enjoy. However, even though he gets along with most people, there are some moments where he seems to pick fights for no particular reason, starting trouble just for the hell of it. He has a habit for getting himself into trouble, and he’s always doing or saying things that he probably shouldn’t. Most people consider Mickey as being your classic playboy, which because of his wild and outgoing personality, isn’t far from the truth.

Just a little FYI, If Neb doesn't want to have a big brother... well I could easily patch this guy up and make him something different... although with my power idea I would have liked him to be irish...

Postby Glacier » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:25 pm

what, does he shrink?

Postby Jay » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:34 pm

Name: Arche Touzaki

Appearance: The colour of her hair could best be described as “dirty blonde”. However, more precisely, her hair is primarily blonde, but parts of it are a dark brown, almost a black, that contrast significantly. Clearly, the blonde facet of her hair isn’t as recessive as it should be. The hair is styled simply, with her hair grown out very long, tied up in a long, thick three-strand braid, reaching down to her thigh-knee area. Her hair towards the sides is cut to about the length just past her shoulders, while her bangs short of her chin. (Hair style modeled after this character: http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/8953 ... ba5vt1.jpg)
Moving on, Arche’s complexion is fairly light, as her part-Japanese, part-Caucasian descent would suggest. Her eyes are the dark brown one would expect and have a very strong, determined look to them, the sort that one would say is looking right through them. Though dark brown, her eyes are brilliant at the best of times. In general, this girl has a very strong expression.
Arche stands at 5’4” and is particularly well proportioned, though you better not let her catch you looking. Does possess a wonderfully gentle smile, which is regretfully underutilized. She will usually sport high-laced combat boots and a handy pair of gloves, usually leather.

Personality: The first thing you’ll notice is she enjoys using the word justice a lot. In fact, she upholds the personal motto of “Believe your Justice” (written exactly so). If a Friend of Justice is a hero who strives everyone smile or be happy, then Arche is a Sword of Justice that strives to strike down everything that make people (note the use of a plural, rather than say person) sad or suffer. When it comes down to it, she has little sympathy for things that are not human or mutant (for example, animals). However, she doesn’t particularly hate animals and the like either, and would be willing save one as long as it doesn’t get in the way. Towards other people, she can be considerate and even polite as long as you aren’t getting in the way of “her Justice”. If you do, she is prone to be rude. Furthermore, she is usually a bit too dedicated to her “cause”, and is prone to make some hot-headed decisions. Furthermore, she is prone to being a bit too serious-minded to the point it might amuse some, or annoy others. Finally, she’s fiercely loyal once she’s thrown her lot in with someone and is a stickler for the rules.
To briefly summarize some of her beliefs, she does think there are “necessary sacrifices” and does not believe in sparing those who go against Justice. However, despite any of her beliefs, she is generally fine with going along with the Institute’s regulations and policies. She is a girl that never takes a break from enacting Justice, whether it is striking down villains, beating up petty robbers, or making sure litter goes into the trash and recycling goes into the right recycling box. “Impossible” is not a concept known to her. As a last note, Arche is not very good about teamwork on her own and will jump into action as she sees necessary. However, she is good about listening to what she is told. Well, at least, when it comes from someone she considers her “superior”. Does not smile for pictures.
Arche has a thing for order. If someone ever manages to get into her good graces, dare I say even be a friend, to them she will act rather mean. Hard to describe, but you’ll probably get it when you see it.

Note: Despite being as hot-headed as she is, Arche does have the benefit of a very advanced education and excels academically, a girl who probably could’ve gotten into many of the various Ivy League Colleges, or so. She is fluent in English, Japanese, French, and fairly competent at Latin. She is not interested in things like pop culture of any part of the world. Arche was a very academic girl all her life, and will probably petition for uniform on campus, if she ever gets enough power.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby Imenak » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:50 pm

Why must so many people be interested in this RP again?! xD Much love though. Listen up newbies: you'll probably be making up the third team that was eliminated in the past since so many people dropped. Now to make rounds:

@TheLivingCouch: Accepted, on the addition that I can vouch for your RP ability.

@BG07: Accepted.

@Jase: Accepted.

Special little warning: I've avoided the 'death' element for characters for awhile now, but giving the huge influx of newbies, the factor is now present (based upon either ability or making the wrong move during gaming). Tread a little softer now my students =). Or don't, since depending on the situation, maybe your character will just be asked to kindly leave the mansion or class. In which case you would have an opportunity to possibly return later.
My Characters' Endings

Postby TheLivingCouch » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:32 pm

Imenak wrote:@TheLivingCouch: Accepted, on the addition that I can vouch for your RP ability.

Thank you. I was beginning to think my CS may have been a little sparse with the details. Anyway I'll do my best not to disappoint. I eagerly await the signal to begin. This is going to be fun.

Postby Cascade » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:10 am

Tsundere~ <3
FUKKATSU

Postby Glacier » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:33 am

TheLivingCouch wrote:
Imenak wrote:@TheLivingCouch: Accepted, on the addition that I can vouch for your RP ability.

Thank you. I was beginning to think my CS may have been a little sparse with the details. Anyway I'll do my best not to disappoint. I eagerly await the signal to begin. This is going to be fun.

The new issue is up, go go go!!!

Postby TheLivingCouch » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:52 am

I saw, but after reading this...
Imenak wrote:((Here's the time for recollection, personal monologues, and the like. You can also interact with anyone before getting to class, but please get there eventually. Newbies, because your transfers, you would've gotten your new schedules during the weekend. Other newbies, you know who you are, still need to wait for the go))

I got the impression that I was part of the "other" group of newbies who needed to wait before jumping in. I don't have a schedule or anything so if I did jump in I wouldn't know where to go unless we're all just supposed to go to Mr. Kennedy's class. I really don't know.

Postby Glacier » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:05 am

My bad. I guess you gotta wait for a PM. sorry bout that.

Postby TheLivingCouch » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:07 am

Glacier wrote:My bad. I guess you gotta wait for a PM. sorry bout that.

No problem, you just confused the heck out of me for a moment there.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing