Switch to full style
As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.
Post a reply

Re: The X Institute OOC: Revitalization Complete

Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:30 pm

Oh, that. Thanks God.

Re: The X Institute OOC: Roll Call for Newbies Only!

Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:09 am

OK, well, so much for the newbies then, neh? Guess I'll have to give it a few more days though. Anyways, heads up. From Friday night, Aug 10, to Sunday, Aug 12, I shall be gone to my late orientation. My absence really shouldn't impact anything, but I thought it'd be nice to inform you all. (things will move on, no matter what, after I get back. Well, that is, if things haven't already moved already or there is a good reason for me to not do so)

Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:15 am

Does this mean I can try and sign up again?

Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:24 am

Sign ups are always open. I was just announcing that the players who have already been accepted, but haven't gotten a chance to play yet, need to announce that they are still here and ready to participate.

Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:53 am

Can I just make us get back to the jet, then, or do you want to post first?

Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:12 am

I'll post once and you can do that. Afterwards, everyone can get one closing post on the jet or w/e (if they want) before I conclude Durandal's arc entirely.

Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:59 am

I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. Just waiting to keep moving.

Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:56 pm

And...unfortunatly, most of the objections Johnny has are going to be for when the training's over. He's honestly not the direct approach' kinda person if you couldn't guess.

Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:47 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

KENNEDY!!!!!!!!!! DON'T DIE!

Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:29 am

We'll just assume that Koren put Ani down in a seat and fastened her securely, etc.

Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:24 am

Name: Harry “British Bulk” Jones

Appearance:Harry Stands at 6ft 4 and weighing around 14 stone of mainly muscle and can lift half his own weight, Harry's appearance is what you'd expect coming from a middle-upper class background which is very clean and rather tidy manner, he has tan colours hair with black highlights which is mainly dread locked but at night and in the morning it loose, flowing but very well kept.
Harry also wears a bandanna around his head whenever its dread locked and his favourite one is a Union Jack Bandanna but he will occasionally wear a yellow one with stereotyped smiley faces on. Harry being from England has a very light cream colours skin, and his eyes are of a very greyish shade of green, when it comes he will have matching clothing that relates to his bandannas but will be usually very light and happy colours.

Personality: Harry is a naturally a pacifist resorting to violence as second choice after reasoning with attackers, but he will get violent first if wound up enough which does take a while, also Harry is lover of great hobbies as he has many which include: Painting, Origami, clothe-making, Poetry and the occasional Jujitsu.
But Harry's greatest trait is his passion for friendship once your friends with Harry he will move heaven and earth for you and even take a bullet for you, also Harry is understanding to certain degree but he is also very slow to get some certain things which are usually higher education topics e.g. quantum-mechanics and nuclear technology but if you say the thing in simple mans terms then Harry will instantly get it.
Last edited by Archrival on Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:21 pm

I figure now that we're back to the Blackbird, it's a good time to post my sheet, so here we go.
----

Name: Ani Warren

Appearance: Ani is approximately 5’ 3”, and obviously malnourished. Because of this, her growth has been slightly stunted and she looks younger than she is. Her appearance is unkempt; her unruly, dark red hair has been shorn to keep it manageable. It’s only a few inches long. Her eyes (light blue) are often glazed with medication, or unusually bright and feverish during her episodes. When she is lucid, they are observant and calculative, measuring her surroundings carefully. Ani, if left to her own devices, will stay quite clean on her own, though she tends to ignore grooming such as combing her hair or picking out matching clothes. She keeps a measurable distance between herself and others, and refuses to look people in the eye, unless confronted with something extremely significant.

Pictures: first one, and second one. I may get better ones later, but for now, those are it.

Personality: Ani has compounded psychological problems. She often has inappropriate emotional reactions to a given situation, if she exhibits any reaction at all. Usually, her face maintains a flat affect; she seems incapable of feeling most emotions. She actually does have emotions, but she's detached from them, and they often don't register externally. Ani also has an almost obsessive-compulsive aversion to touch, loud or sudden noises, and overly chaotic situations. She has the occasional, seemingly unprovoked psychotic fit, and usually requires restraint and isolation to return to ‘normal.’ She has occasional seizures. Ani can often walk around safely; and to-date hasn’t been known to become violent toward anyone. On good days, she can carry a short conversation and seems fairly lucid, if not extremely distant. On her best days, she may seem almost normal, and remembers people who have been exceptionally kind to her. She doesn’t like people in her room, and walking in unannounced is a surefire way to cause a ruckus.

Disorders: Compounded. Ani is co-morbid, which means she has several disorders at once. Notably PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), and schizotypal personality disorder (emotional detachment, among other things. Wiki it if you're interested). She also has dissociative bouts, though these have been attributed to the PTSD (in other words, she doesn't have multiple personalities or fugues or anything that complex. She just trances out every once in a while). Her psychotic fits are usually in conjunction with strong flashbacks, and though she has not been diagnosed with schizophrenia, she has little control over her own thoughts and may perceive things to be different than they actually are.

Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:39 am

If I may, I might put my first Character sheet out in the open.

Name: Rolshe Zelwhegger

Appearance: She stands at the height that she would probably always stay at, as she is probably finished growing. At Five foot eight and one half(She almost always says nine inches because it both is easier to say and sounds better), she is tall with a willowy, almost anorexic build. Her pale skin and light purple eyes show her mutant blood and her black hair straight and thin, despite its large quantity, which is short on the sides, and longer on the top. The long bangs sweep in front of her eyes, giving them an ‘emo’ look to them, while also helping to hide their unique coloration. Some of the hair is spiked, though only in the back, almost reminding one of a duck diving for food. Her collarbones stick out enough to be noticeable even with a t-shirt on, and her fingers are long and thin, the knuckles slightly thicker, reminding one of a spider. She normally tends to wear light colored clothing and a black hoodie with a zipper over it.

Personality: Rolshe is quite relaxed and is hard to work up into an either ecstatic mood or into a fury. Her calm demeanor is normally hiding something underneath it that could be quite intimidating if riled up. She is loyal and kind, though for some bizarre reason, cannot stand the annoying things younger children do, and babies. She has a weakness for the small and helpless, especially animals.

Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:35 pm

Maybe you guys should lay off a little till Imenak has a chance to post something. Or not. I like reading your story arc. Can't say I don't want to be a little more involved with the main storyline though. Cortana's kinda like the step-child of this RP.

Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:41 pm

Well, I have to be true to my character, though I am trying to give plenty of opportunity for something to force her not to go.

I don't want to be a problem, but...*chuckles* She is a problem.

Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:48 pm

Your character gives this RP a nice spark. I like it. Just be ready to deal with Ben when you guys get back to the mansion.

Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:49 pm

Hana wrote:Well, I have to be true to my character, though I am trying to give plenty of opportunity for something to force her not to go.

I don't want to be a problem, but...*chuckles* She is a problem.

She's a brat.. heh. I'd prefer to just move on if that was Imenak's plan.

Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:50 pm

*laughs* Sadly, Miranda's not ready to deal with much. I hope that that can change, and she can grow...She's already got what she needs to start that...she's just got to figure out how to utilize it. ^_^

Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:00 pm

I think I'm gonna do a mindscape type post. I plan on keeping my character unconscious for a little while.

Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:03 pm

Yeah, we should wait for Imenak to make a post. XD

Also, Imenak, just so you know, I've been considering making a second character.

I'll make the proper posts when my idea doesn't suck.

Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:23 pm

Well, he won't be back until Sunday, and I really didn't want to take the chance on waiting and lose out on reaffirming Miranda's moral structure.

Sorry if that creates a problem, but like I said, I've been careful to make sure that she CAN be stopped. You guys just went the totally wrong way about it. Not my fault.

Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:29 pm

Oh, I'm not worried about Miranda having holes put into her.

I'm just worried that we're getting ahead of ourselves, and doing too much without letting Imenak react.

Added after 3 minutes:

Like, for example, Imenak explicitly mentioned that Kennedy passed on his communicator to Pietro. So when John starts yelling through the communicator to him, I dunno, there's a chance Pietro might actually answer? Someone important to him is on the Blackbird, and if Kennedy got raped, then all he knows is his tweens should know absolutely nothing about piloting the Blackbird.

That'd be plenty of reason for Pietro to back track, or at least talk back through the communicator. I mean, it's bad enough Dorian just assumed no answer was given back, but I think we should be careful about doing too many "actions" before Imenak has a chance to react.

Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:40 pm

Er, sorry. I guess I missed that part. If I had known, I wouldn't have assumed anything.

Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:42 pm

Lol, it's okay.

Our team is a lot more "interesting" when we make lots of mistakes.

If our team was competent, it wouldn't be any fun. xD

Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:14 pm

Glacier wrote:I think I'm gonna do a mindscape type post. I plan on keeping my character unconscious for a little while.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm gonna do for a little bit. Ani's not lucid enough to have any opinions on the whole Blackbird/Kennedy matter, and it's just a lil' less chaos to have to deal with for the time being. I may post something of a mindscape post, but I see no need for her to understand what's going on just yet. XD
Post a reply