New GT page - "Cthulu Express"

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

New GT page - "Cthulu Express"

Postby Mercen-X » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:34 pm

It's the Doom Train and it has Davey Jones' face.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Re: New GT page - "Cthulu Express"

Postby Bandit » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:45 pm

Chi reminds me of Midna, from "Twilight Princess". Maybe Junior will be her Link.

Postby Sigment » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:47 pm

Kinda bugs me a little that they're trying to stick so much Japanese into Chi's dialogue. Not sure if it should, but it does.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJ » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:27 pm

NEK wrote:Time for things to move along...

Understatement of the decade.

And yeah Sigment, the Japanese dialogue bugs me as well. I love Japanese stuff, but don't just throw random Japanese words in English language talk.
Pro Snafu Mods Supporter 2k15
Just Rockin

Postby Sigment » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:32 pm

Mercen-X wrote:It's the Doom Train and it has Davey Jones' face.

Can't tell if you don't know who Cthulu is or not.

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:56 pm

I guess in this case it should be "In his house in R'lyeh, Cthulu waits steaming" lol

On a lighter note, is it just me or is Him acting unusually, well, polite for who he is. Granted, he always had a refined side (satanic characters usually do, the devil has to have manners). Be he seems to be acting super gallant at the moment. Talking quite refined, offering Aku his arm like a gentleman. I'm sure a lot of it is simply scheming and pretense, but I'm beginning to wonder if there actually is something legit there, if him is kind of , well, sweet on Aku in her female form.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Teran » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:15 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P155qPVaPMA
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

The one and only

Postby Gundam » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:00 pm

Is it just me or does Aku like staying in his Female form a little too much?
One weird Snafu

Postby Megadon » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:42 pm

Truthfully I prefer Ikra/Aki over Lord Aku.

ULTRADJ wrote:

Finally. The train is leaving the "Chi" station for now.

Now did anyone else catch what Him was doing. He was trying his hardest to goad Chi into doing something crazy and stupid. Which she was going to do anyway. He just added more fuel to the fire. Please let the brawling come soon.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby silvercover » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:46 pm

eh the japanese dialogue isnt really bothering me as much, as we already have something like that from minnie's "old english" speech.
though that could also be cause I already know what those words mean from all the anime ive seen.

as for aku, he's likely gonna remain on female form whenever he's relaxing and casual. I imagine he'll go back to his normal once they're at the council, or if he hears something about chi that will make him blow a casket.
Romance Expert

Postby Havoc » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:39 am

Gundam wrote:Is it just me or does Aku like staying in his Female form a little too much?

Whatever pleases Bleed's boner, I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O8kRTVkjEI

ULTRADJ wrote:

More like understatement of the fucking millennium.

So aside from NEK mocking us, I really can't find anything to say about this page, other than what Megadon said about Him egging Chi on. Which throws in to question rather or Not Him is purposely trying to get Chi to go to Grimskull as some sort of ongoing elaborate plan.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Everlive » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:08 am

Sigment wrote:Kinda bugs me a little that they're trying to stick so much Japanese into Chi's dialogue. Not sure if it should, but it does.

It's actually very common in the world. If someone is learning a language they'll throw in words from that language in their everyday speech. Even the Japanese throw in English words in their sentences because to them it sounds cool. It does make sense for Chi since Aku and Samurai Jack is kinda based on Japanese myth and culture.
Heart and Soul

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:15 am

I can only say that Bleed's stylizing of his characters is really starting to bug me. (Him and Ikra/Aki/Bleed's Bonerified Aku in panel 4)

Kinda like the Cthulhu express, tho.

Postby ari-6 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:18 pm

If you are talking about panel 3 then yes, that is for convenience sake. But honestly, I think the problem is with your expectation. Consistently holding a high standard reguardless of what you see is like asking to be dissapointed constantly which is just foolish. Seriously, read other things, watch other things. There is no shortage of media out there. This can't have been the only thing you enjoyed. Watch/read something that is known to be very good. I can even reccomed some stuff. Just stop getting your hopes up for nothing.
2014. A shitty fucking year!
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Kenny Uroboros » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:37 pm

Two years i been waiting for those words. I don't mind the fact NEK is using it to mock us, but it feels so good to know that at least we are going to, well, move.

Well, tho the promise of the comic finally moving is enough for me, i kinda wish this page had, you know, something. This is an insubstantial page, we could simply be seeing the next chapter front page and we wouldn't have missed anything.
Bloody coupled up people always bragging about their sex life.
Spicy Latino

Postby Exodis » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:45 pm

Okay, so...
I just realized that the comic page where HIM meets Aku (and our introduction to Chi) happened on April 2013. APRIL TWENTY FUCKING THIRTEEN. THAT'S ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO. AND NOW WE'RE FINALLY MOVING ALONG WITH AKU AND HIM GOING TO... FUCKING, I DON'T KNOW.
HOLY CRAB APPLES, I'm sorry but this comic has a huge problem with dragging on honestly... I mean, yeah there was some stuff that needed to be explained but if a lot of stuff were cut out or some fat was chipper off, we'd be at this page maybe a year ago.
Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.

I will persevere
I will resist to hear
I will interfere
No rest for the wicked
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CrimsonCreed » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:59 am

Oh goody! Not only did i get a better monitor than what i was previously using, but this Chi scene didn't take up half a year to move along. Mind I do agree this comic drags it's feet however i feel compared to other comics/manga (IE: Attack on Titan) I don't see anything for me to get really disgruntled over. Especially considering this is a somewhat pure and creative fan based comic and not officially marketed like said example.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:07 am

Exodis wrote:Okay, so...
I just realized that the comic page where HIM meets Aku (and our introduction to Chi) happened on April 2013. APRIL TWENTY FUCKING THIRTEEN. THAT'S ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO. AND NOW WE'RE FINALLY MOVING ALONG WITH AKU AND HIM GOING TO... FUCKING, I DON'T KNOW.
HOLY CRAB APPLES, I'm sorry but this comic has a huge problem with dragging on honestly... I mean, yeah there was some stuff that needed to be explained but if a lot of stuff were cut out or some fat was chipper off, we'd be at this page maybe a year ago.

Sugar bits was the first ever comic to suffer from this travesty during its original story (The never ending battle) back in like 2008 page 37 (The Other Side), finally ending in 2012 page 140 (Arrival) and was joked about extensively by the respective writers of PPGD and Grim Tales, if not maybe just with BR and his close circle of friends. Since then, EVERY other comic has fallen into this shit, most notably GT, but PPGD has suffered too when it fell into a hole in Page 228 (Before a Fall) 2011, and has stayed there relatively untouched until this point, the most recent page 2015, (Page 321 "A Certain Scientific Readout") to accent the travesty, they have released April Fools' pages for each of the years they continued in. If it goes on much longer, will tie with Sugar Bits' "Never ending battle" for most hilariously inefficient use of time, and then eclipse it.

To put into context what GOOD pacing looks like, GT's page 91(What's happening to me) and page 116(Escape) showed how much information, plot development, and character growth you can fit into under 30 pages. They entered an interdimensional zone, found Mimi, found Him, fought Him, learned that Minnie had feelings for Junior, saved her, and escaped all in under one full year of drawing and writing. THAT'S What good fucking pacing looks like.

The events in GT WHAM started in 2011, page 138, and has continued to this point now, currently page 309. PPGD's fiasco started EITHER in 2010 page 187 (Introduction of Naga) or 2011 on page 228 (Bell falling into the hole) and has continued to page 321. 2011 seems to have been a major turning point for fucking around, where in the middle of writing Sugar Bits, Bleedman lost all sense of pace, and all other comics followed suit.
Last edited by Birdofterror on Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby ari-6 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:31 am

Actually I have to correct you. Wham ended with "Don't let the bed bug bite" in 2012 making it 66 pages long and in my opinion, as good as this comic ever got. It just went down hill from there. There have been three chapters between then and now
2014. A shitty fucking year!
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:48 am

I thought WHAM's event, Mimi running from home, is still ongoing? Isn't she still in Castle Grim and Him is still looking for her? I guess it could be said that her turning human was the end of that, so you may be right, which still leaves PPGD as the one in the longest uninterrupted line of fucking around.

If you simply mean by chapter, I am inclined to agree, but PPGD and Sugar Bits ended and started back up chapters from within the same events. In my opinion an event doesnt end when the chapter says it does, it ends when the original problem is fixed. In Sugar Bits' case that would be the end of the Never Ending battle on The Other Side, and in PPGD's case it would end when the bomb goes off and we see what it causes. GT would end once this whole Mimi thing is wrapped up neat and tidy, with either Mimi being taken back by Him, "adopted" by the Grims, or "rescued" by Chi, or something else entirely that actually feels like the problem has been fixed.

Though just to clarify, I edited my original post to say "The Events in GT: WHAM" instead of just saying "GT: WHAM," because the substory ended, but still created a long "Mimi Saga" for us.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Sigment » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:08 am

Exodis wrote:Okay, so...

Wanna know what makes that so funny? That GT's been getting updated more often than any other comic on the site. Which means that Bleed wasted who knows how long on who knows how many pages dragging out things to such an extreme point that they've literally wasted years getting to the fucking point. I know I'm stating the obvious, but it's just that fucking funny to me that he would waste so much time and barely get anywhere.

Not quite the same as SB's two year battle, though. With that, updates were simply few and far between. Here, GT's been Bleed's main focus, probably getting updated twice if not possibly three times as often as SB did back then, and he still took for-fucking-ever to get to the point.

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:57 am

I actually don't mind the Aku x Him thing.
Chi's random Japanese is irritable, but some kids have that phase.

Also, my hopes for development remains skeptical.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:39 am

ari-6 wrote:If you are talking about panel 3 then yes, that is for convenience sake. But honestly, I think the problem is with your expectation. Consistently holding a high standard reguardless of what you see is like asking to be dissapointed constantly which is just foolish. Seriously, read other things, watch other things. There is no shortage of media out there. This can't have been the only thing you enjoyed. Watch/read something that is known to be very good. I can even reccomed some stuff. Just stop getting your hopes up for nothing.

Oh, so now it's MY fault for having suppodedly 'too high expectations'? I'm just criticizing the stuff I get to see here on the site, that's all. These forums are for expressing one's opinion on the comics, am I right? And what do YOU know about which other comics I might or might not be reading at the moment? Of course I read other stuff, dude, I got a life. I've seen plenty of other comics which can both uphold quality AND a good pace, so it's just a pity for me to see Bleed trading his brains for his boner when it comes to the comics on this site. I still see his talent in small things, such as the way he's drawn Mindsnare's hand in one of the latest SB pages, or even in this recent GT page, the train's design. Hell, I'd offer the guy a contract to make a long, high-quality comic if I hadn't known that he was such a fetish lord with a difficult personality. It's just that I became a bit attached to the comics' former quality, which, I guess, might be foolish of me. Had I had more talent in drawing myself, I would've made my own fanmade comic continuing GTFDB's story after the first 'Minnie-arc', which was still interesting to me and which made me stay on this site. Maybe I'll try my hand at it one day, don't know yet. And of course there's no shortage of media out there, but these days it's becoming hard to discover any quality comics which don't end up going on hiatus because the artist becomes too busy in real life, or comics which become too cliché or end up having a story which I'm already familiar with from other comics. Besides, I don't have the time to dig through countless websites anymore, as again, I got a real life with college keeping me busy most of the time.

Although, if you got any recommendations for good web comics, please do let me know. I'm always interested to check out such things in my spare time. :D

Btw, what's the use of having an editor if you can't even spell 'Cthulhu' correctly?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu

Postby Yog » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:18 am

How dare he touch Lovecraft in any way.

Hmph.
Resident Old God

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:30 am

Yog wrote:How dare he touch Lovecraft in any way.

Hmph.

To whom are you addressing this comment? For as far as I know, I didn't make any comment about Lovecraft, hell, I'm not even familiar with the whole concept. Nor did I see anyone else making negative remarks about it thus far.

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)