Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Official Predictions Thread/Bleedblog Thread

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:14 am

I have :p
I'm speaking of the possible opposite. The sword doesn't necessarily act like normal swords. The mystic properties may allow the shape to be altered, it just requires a strong and skilled being.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby Sigment » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:17 am

So you mean the sword altering it's own shape to suit the skills of the wielder?
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:17 am

Which it has never shown to do.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:22 am

Wat. I never said it could alter itself.
Rocks

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:31 am

Someone altering it, assuming it could be altered, would break the integrity of the blade and its enchantments. I just fucking proved it to you.

Let's look at your idea then. Whose got the skills to pull that off, in the Underworld? You have a blade of good that is only a paper weight in the hands of evil. It was created by Gods of good and the righteous purity of a single man's heart with the intent to combat evil.

You are suggesting that unless the blade is taken out of the Underworld and given to a more heavenly source for alteration, a being of evil is going to attempt that with a weapon that might as well be the pinnacle of holy weapons. This individual is going to try and do this without getting themselves killed and maintaining the enchantments that were originally bestowed upon it.

I see several things wrong with this.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:20 pm

The sword is uselss in combat. It's true that the sword has never been greatly altered, but it does seem to dull, I recall Jack sharpening it. Given the enemies and amount he's faced, the sword doesn't seem to get any weaker.
Rocks

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:04 pm

That has nothing to do with reforging it into a new sword. If anything, the example you just provided with Jack needing to sharpen tells us that the sword's metal works on the properties I just described. Thus the blade's integrity is going to be lost if you melt it down and reforge it.

It's not a matter or crafting skill, its the simple matter that if you melt it down and recast it into a new blade, you will loose the strength that the blade has by folding the metal on itself. Those folds wouldn't be present in the new blade and you will have a weaker sword.
Mercypostle

Postby Sigment » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:13 pm

Though the blade itself may lose some of its strength as a blade, the possibility exists that its mystical properties would remain, as they exist within the material. That may be the case whether reforged or not. It's magic, hard to argue with it sometimes.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:16 pm

Which I have also touched on that point as well.
Blood Lord wrote:Now with Jack's sword, which was mystically created and enchanted by the Gods and the righteousness from the Samuairi Lord's heart, might not even be able to be melted down. Being protected by magic and stuff. But supposing that you could melt it down, its a very good chance that you will loose the enchantments it has for fighting evil. For one, the sword, not the metal is enchanted. The other reason is the habit of any magical artifact being cracked or damaged significantly (melting it down would count) loose their magical ability as they are no longer able to hold the power.

Would the enchantments be lost? Maybe, maybe not. I would say it depends if the sword was given the enchantments, or the metal was.
Mercypostle

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:19 pm

I'm saying the shape can be altered without the negative effects. You know more about this than I do, but wouldn't have Jack's sword broken by now, following real physics.
Rocks

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:32 pm

No. Katana weapons are credited to be the strongest and most durable swords man has produced. Taken that Gods forged this sword, I expect it to be a item of immense quality. I bet it can be broken if it can be sharpened.

You cannot take Jack's sword and alter the shape without sacrificing the blade's unique method of forging which gives the katana its strength. As you forge metal and rid it of impurities, the metal becomes more and more brittle. The folding method of katana blades is done to ensure that the brittleness of the metal doesn't interfere with the blade's performance. By melting it down, you destroy that folding process, which is not replicated in other blade designs. The newly forged blade, unless it is a katana, won't have the folding process in it and therefore won't be as durable as Jack's sword.

What part of this do you not understand? You cannot alter the blade's shape without sacrificing the durability and integrity of it. Do I need to get a diagram with some pictures or something?
Mercypostle

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:09 pm

The magic in it could still be a reason for why the metal doesn't become weaker.
I see why this all goes for normal swords, but with a magic sword like this, a lot of 'what ifs' come up.
Rocks

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:26 pm

Blood Lord wrote:No. Katana weapons are credited to be the strongest and most durable swords man has produced.
Uh huh. :roll:

Though in all seriousness, eastern and western blades evolved differently due to different uses and forging practices. It wouldn't be too far fetched to say that for every pristine Katana Japan had, the west probably had ten times that in mass produced large, blunt swords. Then again, for every samurai there was there were ten large barely trained "soldiers" ready to kill in God's name.

The world probably would have spiraled into another dark age if they ever met.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:48 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:I see why this all goes for normal swords

I hope so, because if I have to go over this one more god damn fucking time, things won't be good for anyone.

Tenshi Nova wrote:but with a magic sword like this, a lot of 'what ifs' come up.

The only "what-ifs" that should be coming up from this discussion is if the sword's ability to strike out against evil is still intact if you reforge it. It doesn't have any other powers, but its ability to fight evil.

You've already shown that the blade requires care and maintenance, showing that it is not a divine weapon, but a weapon created from the divine to be used by mortals, thus the same standards apply. But since it was forged by Gods, the quality of the blade is going to be incredible. It's going to be a longer lasting item.

Tenshi Nova wrote:The magic in it could still be a reason for why the metal doesn't become weaker.

What part of "IT'S THE FUCKING FORGING PROCESS" do you not understand?

Magic or not, when you take a metal, and melt it down, you remove impurities from the blade and tighten the molecular structure. This makes the metal stronger, but also more brittle - easier to snap. the more you heat and work with a metal, the greater the strength is, but it becomes more brittle. To minimize that issue Japanese blacksmiths would start with a bar of metal and fold it back onto itself, repetitively. The Gods did this as they made a katana weapon.

Now lets look at this hole you've dug yourself into. If the blade is enchanted to be protected, can't get weaker, etc, then how the fuck do you expect someone to take it and melt it down, reforge it into a new blade and have it still function the same?
Mercypostle

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:52 pm

Magic. In a serious sense. There exists a force that made this sword. The possibility that another force can misshapen it exists.

It's just a possibility, not a theory.
Rocks

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:59 pm

I'm fucking done with this.
Mercypostle

Postby tonightscake » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:57 pm

Sorry, but when you say it becomes stronger but more brittle how do you mean that? If it's stronger yet easier to snap or break, then how is it stronger at all? I can see it as being sharper and more finite making it cut easier, but be able to break easier. Can you elaborate?
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Sigment » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm

Swordsmithing require a delicate balance of flexibility and rigidity. Too flexible, and the blade can't do its job. A overly rigid sword may be harder and in a sense stronger, but its brittle nature makes the blade more likely to break.

The Resident Smartass

Postby tonightscake » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Alrighty, I wasn't thinking in terms of flexibility. Much more understanding.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby ari-6 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:15 pm

Yeah, I heard somewhere that titanium is stronger than steel but more brittle. I thought a similar thing but then they went on to explain it using molecular models and physics talk and I just nod so as to not look foolish, and remember I don't need to know why it works this way as long as I accept that is how it works. And I will probably never need to know how to forge a sword. Probably...
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:13 pm

I had another crazy and sick thought. What if that thing we though was the Him symbiote is delivered from Blossom's blood? Not in the sense that it is her blood going bonkers, but that her blood was used to make it.

Probably a long stretch.
Mercypostle

Postby ari-6 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:25 pm

I have a prediction.... But you have heard it already....
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Havoc » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:33 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I had another crazy and sick thought. What if that thing we though was the Him symbiote is delivered from Blossom's blood? Not in the sense that it is her blood going bonkers, but that her blood was used to make it.

Probably a long stretch.

I doubt it. My guess is that it's part of Him somehow. I get the feeling that once Grim completes his "analysis" of the sample, we might learn something about it that we would never have expected.

As for Mandy's "unwitting assistant", does anyone have any thoughts about it? This bit of info that BR has leaked, has really interested me. I kinda wanna say Bubbles since Mandy "befriended" her in elementry school, but I'm not so sure I can see Bubbles using the sword. I wonder if whoever this patsy is, could have been the traitor? Like Mandy tricked this person into causing the fall of Megaville. But I'm not sure if doing something bad unintentionally, would make someone a "traitor".

ari-6 wrote:I have a prediction.... But you have heard it already....

Lay it on us. I repeat my posts all the time.

Postby Cerulean » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:37 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Probably a long stretch.

Well it would add another layer to the whole "Why Him forced Mimi to kill Blossom" thing if that is true. Maybe he needed the blood of someone whose makeup was primarily comprised of Chemical X to make it. And having Blossom being killed by Mimi just so happened to serve the dual purpose of getting the blood, and showing Mimi who is really in control.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin

Postby ari-6 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:53 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I had another crazy and sick thought. What if that thing we though was the Him symbiote is delivered from Blossom's blood? Not in the sense that it is her blood going bonkers, but that her blood was used to make it.

Probably a long stretch.
So your theory implies that the parasite is unique and not something that HIM can replicate whenever he wants. I suppose we will learn it's true value based on how HIM goes about his next move. Whether he makes some kind of effort to retrieve it, or that might give away it's value which he may want to hide, there is also the theory that the parasite is exactly where HIM wants it. Either way, Mandy is having it analysed so it's secrets will be revealed I guess. Your theory is also supported by the fact that Mimi was not HER at the time she killed Blossom.

What do you think the chances are that Chi is Blossoms soul and the parasite is her flesh and blood. That the two may come together and somehow make a whole blossom
gott ist tot

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)