TRANSFORMERS x Neon Genesis Evangelion

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

TRANSFORMERS x Neon Genesis Evangelion

Postby Wulfespinndel » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:42 pm

http://herotaku.com/blog/1/entry-11880- ... mus-prime/

Herotaku wrote:Image
A new Takara Masterpiece based on MP-10 Optimus Prime is in the works and features a color deco similar to Shattered Glass. However, it isn't Shattered Glass Optimus! It is an Optimus Prime base on EVA Unit-01 from a crossover with Neon Genesis Evangelion. The featured image holds an awesome preview of the crossover:

The Angels are invading. Breaking a long silence, the mysterious life-forms known as the Angels suddenly appear. The weapons the UN forces gather together in retaliation can't even scratch them. In the end, they turn to the secret agency, NERV, to manage the anti-Angel strategy.

With Neo-Tokyo 3 in their sights, the Angels slowly advance upon the city...but suddenly a spaceship comes hurtling down from the sky above the Angels: the Sky Lynx! Out of the ship emerges warriors of the far-off planet Cybertron. They've come to investigate after noticing an unusual energy reading.

"We can't let a disaster like the Second Impact occur on this planet."
"What?! What are these monsters?!"

The shocked Cybertron convoy sets its sights on an enemy much bigger than themselves.

Source: Seibertron, Anime News Network
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Re: TRANSFORMERS x Neon Genesis Evangelion

Postby ari-6 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:18 am

Okay...... I read the title and was all like (Insert GIF of the one guy from Avatar who has the epic fangasms). But then I read the rest of the post. The prospect of a TF/EVA crossover just seemed too perfect but is this really just another gimmick to sell toys by trying to cater the the EVA fanbase? Or are they actually planning to do something with it. Makes me wish I was still up to date with current TF news.
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby dj1107 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:07 am

A.....interesting cross promotion but I still want my Generations Ultra Magnus with that creamy center of Minimus Ambus & a Generations Sky Lynx

ari-6 wrote:Makes me wish I was still up to date with current TF news.

Well here's what you need to know right now with what's going on:

-Prime is getting a sequel series that'll focus on Bumblebee being the new leader of the Autobots. People will love it while I won't care for it.

-The 4th movie called Age of Extinction will have Dinobots & Marky Mark. People will hate it while I'm one of the small percentage who'll think it'll be entertaining (even though I'm not seeing it)

-& the comics have just got done with the event Dark Cybertron & have split into 3 series featuring one with Optimus as he tries to help fix human/cybertronian relationship. One with Megatron as he marches his way on becoming an Autobot (long story) & Captain of the Lost Light. & the final one focusing on new character Windblade & how her book has gorgeous art
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby ari-6 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:50 am

Picked up that Windblade spotlight. Remember how I was spotty on the IDW series at best because they were constantly referencing previous comics I hadn't read. Three series going on simultaneously was just too mch to keep up with. What about Thunderwing? Showing my age here but has he appeared at all since the whole Nova Prime thing? What's Galvatron up to after climbing out of the sun pit? Last I remember of Megatron, he got reformatted into a new fuckoff huge body and then surrendered. So OP died at the end of Prime? And didn't come back to life two episodes later? I stopped watching Prime half way through season two. Did it get much better? Do we know who the primary antagonist of TF4 is going to be? Because no one in their right mind would think it was Grimlock. What do you think of OPs new redesign for TF4? I think his new greatsword looks pretty badass, regardless of the fact that it is a step down in technology. Has there been any new about the next game in the cybertron series? I stopped being able to play PVP after fall but the campaign is still kickass. Is Don Fig still the best hand in TF art to date? Are the Wreckers still last stand-ed? Whats Fansproject up to these days, now that I actually have cash to spend on them?

When I said I was out of date I meant very out of date....
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby dj1107 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:13 am

ari-6 wrote:What about Thunderwing? Showing my age here but has he appeared at all since the whole Nova Prime thing?

No.
What's Galvatron up to after climbing out of the sun pit?

He did a lot of shit afterwords but now he's leader of the Decepticons after Megatron went to the Autobots.

Last I remember of Megatron, he got reformatted into a new fuckoff huge body and then surrendered.

He too had done some shit after Chaos. Now he's in a more classic design & an Autobot after learning how far he's fallen on his goals during the war.

So OP died at the end of Prime? And didn't come back to life two episodes later?

Yep died in the underwhelming finale Prrdacon Rising

I stopped watching Prime half way through season two. Did it get much better?
Yes & No
Do we know who the primary antagonist of TF4 is going to be?

Galvatron.

What do you think of OPs new redesign for TF4?

It's OK.

Has there been any new about the next game in the cybertron series?

A crossover with the movies.
Is Don Fig still the best hand in TF art to date?

We got some damn good challengers lately.

Are the Wreckers still last stand-ed?

The Wreckers are no more. Springers been in a coma with Roadbuster taking care of him, Kup disappeared for a few years but is finally back, Impactor & Guzzle are doing what they do, Peceptor's apart of the Lost Light crew along with Whirl & The Wreckers who died during Last Stand are still dead.

Postby ari-6 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:22 am

Hey, thanks for the update. Atleast I am up to date with EVA. I mean I still haven't seen 3.33..... Waiting for the dub.... So yeah.... I guess I'm not up to date at all.

Do you know if Fansproject are doing anything cool right now? Are you sure Galvatron is in TF4 or is it just a rumor? It is just that in the movie verse, replacing Megs with Galvatron.... Essentially replacing him with someone with a similar sounding name who will probably do the same stuff... I mean the movieverse already had the weakest writing out of any current series. Oh well.... GRIMLOCK!
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby dj1107 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:45 am

ari-6 wrote:Do you know if Fansproject are doing anything cool right now?

Fansprojects just been going with the flow either working on there Headmaster figures, trying to finish up their Warbot line, or doing A classics Menasor they are also helping a new player to the game of 3rd Party Transformers: Maketoys. Look them up if you haven't they got good stuff. They just came out with their version Swerve (ironicly Hasbro came out with Swerve as well.) due to his massive popularity in MTMTE.

Postby Wulfespinndel » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:25 pm

Hey since you mentioned Ultra Magnus, did you get your hands on KFC's Citizen Stack/"MP" Ultra Magnus figure?

(No, not the food chain for those of you that thought that way.)
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby dj1107 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:18 pm

Wulfespinndel wrote:Hey since you mentioned Ultra Magnus, did you get your hands on KFC's Citizen Stack/"MP" Ultra Magnus figure?

No point in getting it. HasTak have already shown official images & prototypes of their official Masterpiece Ultra Magnus (Not an Optimus repaint. A true fully armored, red & blue, shoulder rockets, car carrier G1 cartoon accurate Ultra Magnus) so getting an unofficial one that'll cost more seems dumb. That & I only go after 4 3rd Party companies & the official Generations line.

Postby ari-6 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:58 pm

Remember the city commander Ultra Magnus that was out a few years ago and how everyone was raving about that?

I wanted one so badly but I ended up going for the omega sentinel instead
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby dj1107 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:04 pm

ari-6 wrote:Remember the city commander Ultra Magnus that was out a few years ago and how everyone was raving about that?

I wanted one so badly but I ended up going for the omega sentinel instead

Yeah that was great. But given HasTak's new tendency to make the toys similar or close enough to the comics I think it's high time we finally got an official Generations Ultra Magnus with a Minimus Ambus inside him. If not City Commander will be the permanent place-holder.

With a Generations Brainstorm announced I pray they give him his suitcase.

Postby Wulfespinndel » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:14 pm

dj1107 wrote:
Wulfespinndel wrote:Hey since you mentioned Ultra Magnus, did you get your hands on KFC's Citizen Stack/"MP" Ultra Magnus figure?

No point in getting it. HasTak have already shown official images & prototypes of their official Masterpiece Ultra Magnus (Not an Optimus repaint. A true fully armored, red & blue, shoulder rockets, car carrier G1 cartoon accurate Ultra Magnus) so getting an unofficial one that'll cost more seems dumb. That & I only go after 4 3rd Party companies & the official Generations line.

Yeah, I'm excited and still waiting for that figure's release. I hope I can see at least a little more of MP-22 though because I find the prototype images hard to take in; I'd love to see the way it transforms compared to KFC Citizen Stack.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)