New Sugar Bits Comic: "Stop hitting yourself"

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Sugar Bits Comic: "Stop hitting yourself"

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:51 pm

No clue. The author's last page left that open to reader interpretation. Poorly so imo, but that's what it is.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:00 pm

Oh gawd. Yeah. Tenshi's got it.

But I'm just going to jump on this before the argument starts again.

At first it's a clear show of bait-and-switch. Obviously, when a big fat guy asks a little girl to come home with him, that's a no. But because they kept showcasing so much that his intentions were bad, using double meanings for EVERYTHING that was said, it seemed apparent that the opposite. (That his intentions were good)

This was argued very much on the last page. And this page mirrors the argument. Which seems to make it out that the message is, 'decide for yourself'

Personally I find it obvious that Boobear was good. (The 'Special Lollipop' that first sounded so lewd he mentioned being what Ginger used to stab him.)

That and the fact that- Lico being the 'evil one' really points to her opinion being the wrong one. Again, PERSONALLY, I think Boobear was good. But I think the point that this page tries to make, (if it isn't just for pure mocking purposes) is that it's up to the viewer. But since Lico is the 'evil one,' it's safe to say that again, her intentions are bad and what she did was wrong. Hence, Boobear's just a teddy bear.

Although, back to the page itself. I wonder if it might be coincidence. Or if it was predicted we'd discuss it. Just wondering. Because Bleedman doesn't seem the type to comply if NEK just rushed over to him and said 'Dood everyones gone crazy on the fourms, let's make an extra page making fun of em.'

Another note on NEK: Yeah. Enthusiasm is fine. But he overhypes everything and then the actual product is kindof..... Meh. Like he just EXPECTS everyone to love what's about to be coming.
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:17 pm

To add on to that. The reasons it's poorly done.
Timing of release.
Choice of dialogue.
Timeframe of events.
Lack of knowledge on existing fanbase.
Lack of communication to readers.
And more...

There are a handful of questions that people have, that either go unanswered in the comic or take too long to answer in the comic.
This could easily be solved with a few comments from the writers, and they can move on with less bumps.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby SantaUltraDJClaus » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:18 pm

Basically long story short: We have an unclear character that died for no reason for the story's progression because of unclear motives that the writers probably don't know and a page where it's unclear if they're making fun of our arguments or if it's just an elaborate coincidence.
If anyone wants the Tylenol I'll be glad to pass it around.
Pro Snafu Mods Supporter 2k14
Just Rockin

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:16 pm

Seeing how GT is going, I think NEK's idea is to make the comic's feel more normally paced as if we were reading them in a physical comic book. But because of the slowness of the updates, everything is slow and there's too many questions not being answered soon enough. And for a webcomic with sporadic updates, it just doesn't work.

I haven't checked him out, but NEK appeared to be absurdly active on DeviantArt. I wonder if he just isn't interested or too busy to come down here. Maybe they're giving him absurd amounts of praise on dA. And the ones here, who have mostly been here from the beginning and thus know all the flaws that need to be dealt with, are falling in the back.

As for Boo. He just seems to be a tool. Lico needed to kill someone to quickly portray to us her existence and personality remain. But it totally could have done SOMETHING a bit more..... I unno. I can't really think of a reasonable and different way to do this.

Mainly because we don't know what they're doing yet. None of us know what's going on. And it's sad we have to root for this girl having a text wall of dialogue explaining it all in the next page.

It just isn't a good flow to deal with on a page-a-week basis.
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:47 pm

They could've portrayed her personality without attempting to give Boo a 'personality'.

And clearly he isn't 'too busy' if he can take up a second comic.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mercen-X » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:27 am

You can think of an easier way to express that Licorice is a heartless homicidal maniac?

Okay, so I suppose somebody could have expressed such a thing in words. But does that have the same effect? Licorice is a pragmatist. Ginger is a Samaritan. Can't we just be satisfied they've gotten this characterization dump out of the way and hold out hope that something will happen in the next couple of pages?
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:44 am

Yes, I think anyone could've, but that's not the issue. The issue is the way Boobear was used to do so.
They half assed the development of an antagonist(not a main one) and then attempted to do the 'bait and switch' making him misunderstood. The execution was poor. It was also unnecessary.
Boobear's character is in question due to 'his dialogue vs his picture'. Which is a horrible way to confuse an audience.
His Dialogue was basically an insult to long time fans of the comic.
His Picture was basically telling us, "Trust this information over the information I gave you the last couple pages."

And, on top of all that...This was done parallel to a flow of criticism from GT. Which felt like a slap to the face to anyone attempting to voice an opinion.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)