New PPG: Entering A Transitional Period' - 2005-2010"

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New PPG: Entering A Transitional Period' - 2005-2010"

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:44 am

Basically I would go so far as to say that anywhere that isn't a good portion of Europe or America, it's considered Kid Friendly.

Oh and Australia. I've heard horrible stories of censorship and nannying. I personally think that Bleedman is harmless. I even found the infamous character Boobear to be completely 100% harmless. People just need to chill, Bleedman is fine, panty shots are fine. Our kids aren't dressed like Nazis and goose stepping, the world hasn't ended just because of a panty shot. :?

Well, at least not yet.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Re: New PPG: Entering A Transitional Period' - 2005-2010"

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:25 pm

Birdofterror wrote:Our kids aren't dressed like Nazis and goose stepping.

There may be a slight irony in the fact that Japan is probably the country closest to that clothing wise, given it is probably the most toleranted there. I'm not trying to make a value judgment (or even try and connect this to the fact that Japan was on the Axis side in WWII) I'm merely pointing out that one of the "classic" designs for boys school uniforms (the kind with the button up tunic and the stiff collar) is supposedly based on German Military school cadet uniforms of the early part of the 20th century, which are were turn based on ACTUAL German Military uniforms.) So in a certain sense, a lot of Japanese school kids ARE walking around in pseudo-military garb.

But on the whole I agree, anyone outside the "progressive" west, Bleed's publich work would not raise many eyebrows.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)