Junior's Dad (Grim Tales) EDIT: New to the site!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Junior's Dad (Grim Tales) EDIT: New to the site!

Postby Jaksantio » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:19 pm

So I've never been on these forums before today and I already like it here. I just need to know something, who is Grim Jr's real father? I've been reading "Grim Tales" for a bit now and ever since that one page, I've been wondering, will we find out who his father is, or would it take me asking to find out? :?:

Re: Junior's Dad (Grim Tales)

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:40 pm

I suggest posting in the Bleed Section in the future.
Take a look at this viewtopic.php?f=17&t=56034

As for Jr's dad, it's currently unknown. The popular guesses based off of physical appearance and personality are Timmy Turner and Danny Phantom. Again, it's still unknown.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Re: Junior's Dad (Grim Tales)

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:47 pm

Look at that, my godly powers allow me to move mountains!

Pretty much what Tenshi said. That being said, this is now your Welcome Thread.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Re: Junior's Dad (Grim Tales) EDIT: New to the site!

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:06 pm

Welcome to the forums Jak! If you haven't already be sure to read the rules. A quick list of dos and donts go a long way.

A good way to distinguish yourself here is by getting yourself an avatar. Snag yourself one and start commenting with other people. Integrate with the community at your own speed. I hope you enjoy your stay.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Hiroko » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:20 pm

Welcome to the forums, Jaksantio! Read the rules and lurk around a bit. Hope you enjoy your time here. c:
The Sentimental One

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:11 pm

Welcome to the forums! Also, why are Timmy Turner and Danny Phantom guesses for Jr.'s dad? Jr.'s a skeleton, so wouldn't a more logical guess be some one like Jack Skelington (I'm just using him as an example, not saying he's the father)
Just Rockin

Postby Hiroko » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:40 pm

Because it's been established in-canon that the only reason why Junior is a skeleton is because they aborted him (Link is NSFW) so that he would be "death's child," as in, he would then belong to Grim, since Grim himself cannot...well, "provide" what's necessary for pregnancy. Junior was technically a human fetus, we assume--especially given that he has a human form (and it's because of his human form that some people have speculated that his father was Timmy, because of the brown hair and blue eye--the grey eye being Minnie's). They were going to do the same with Minnie (also sort of NSFW), but Nergal didn't want her "killed." Same page also goes into further detail about what they did to get Junior.
The Sentimental One

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:42 pm

Damn these forum ninjas.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Witch Haru » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:01 pm

aww a "who's junior's dad" post
i haven't seen one of these in quite some time actually

welcome to the forums!
follow all the rules and everyone should love ya
also, cool kids use cool avatars yo
Art // Literature // Tumblr // Dreadful Comics
Alopunk - Haru, you are 200% a cutie patootie
Tuor - Black lipstick must be messy
Yog - Stay strong, Haru
That chick from that place

Postby Cerulean » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:06 pm

Welcome to Snafu c:
I hope you enjoy your stay here :D
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sig Skellington » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:07 pm

Welcome to Snafu. Hope you enjoy your time here.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:29 pm

Hiroko wrote:Because it's been established in-canon that the only reason why Junior is a skeleton is because they aborted him (Link is NSFW) so that he would be "death's child," as in, he would then belong to Grim, since Grim himself cannot...well, "provide" what's necessary for pregnancy. Junior was technically a human fetus, we assume--especially given that he has a human form (and it's because of his human form that some people have speculated that his father was Timmy, because of the brown hair and blue eye--the grey eye being Minnie's). They were going to do the same with Minnie (also sort of NSFW), but Nergal didn't want her "killed." Same page also goes into further detail about what they did to get Junior.

Huh, it actually makes a lot more sense now. Thanks! I've wondered who the father is to Jr. before, but I decided when I read the page that goes into detail on how he was conceived/aborted that I would wait and have the story tell us who his father was. Instead of focusing on Chi and her "rescue" mission, we should focus on who Jr.'s real dad is. But that would asking GT to actually have a plot (aside from the underworld war that's going to happen) and to actually be interesting and make sense instead of wasting our time with nonsense.
Just Rockin

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:39 pm

Welcome! Have fun! *fades away into the distance*
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Havoc » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:49 pm

Welcome aboard, Jaksantio. I personally don't think Bleedman ever thought as far ahead as to whom Grim Jr's father would be. There are quite a few things in this comic that I don't think were planned out very well.

@ULTRADJ: I couldn't agree more.

Hey Jaksantio, have you read any of the other comics aside from GT?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mercen-X » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:55 am

You know, I've never really given much thought to whom Junior's father might be. Grim doesn't seem to care or at least he doesn't show the same level of interest as he does when it comes to Minnie's father. And of course, he has reason to dislike Minnie's father, being related to his nemesis, the Nergal. I don't know if anyone has done the math, but Nergal Jr's mother was human. Mandy is human too. By life's logic, Minnie would be quarter-Nergal. Of course, I think I read somewhere in the comic that when a Nergal procreates, their spawn is pretty much full-Nergal no matter the delineation. Pointless sidetrack, I know. It was just in my head.

I kind of wonder about Junior's "birth" though. He was aborted... but why? Because Grim wanted a son that was all bones..? No, I don't think Mandy would have been "giving" enough to allow him to make that call. I think the initial abortion was due the fact she was not ready to push out a kid. Something changed when Minnie came along. Maybe Nergal Jr's power allowed her some kind of supernatural healing..? Admittedly, this is a comic (worse, based on a cartoon) wherein almost everything that happens has no basis in reality, but I still have to wonder. Mandy should have lost some "bone" herself (the more regrettable bodily reminders of a body that had been subjected to pregnancy) but she is still rock-solid and dresses the part and with apparent plans to have a third kid if we properly understand the conversation with Dark Danny. We already know she's immortal because Grim will not reap her. But maybe she can't be hurt either.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:03 am

Eh...I think you're over complicating it.
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=79
This page says a lot about how Grim feels about Minnie as well as the relationship between Mandy and Nergal Jr.

I find it more likely that Jr's father didn't have hereditary powers that surpassed a reaper's.
In Minnie's case, Mandy either thought or was convinced, that keeping a nergal child would be more beneficial power wise.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:08 am

I am with Tenshi on that one. It wouldn't make sense, when I child has a high chance of inheriting a unique power, to do something to prevent that. She needed a Reaper child to secure that linage. She didn't really need two. Any child could have become a reaper. About 1 in 7000,000,000 children are likely to be born part ghost.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Mercen-X » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:43 am

Any child could have been a reaper. Then why make Mandy have a kid at all, just to abort it? Again, I think this was all her idea. She would get pregnant and abort the child in exchange for that child being Grim's sole heir. The idea of being unwilling to have an actual child could still have played its role in that decision. Mandy is not just evil and controlling but manipulative as well... after all.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:36 am

It's so that the child is also Mandy's. If Grim just accepted any aborted fetus, it'd be Grim's, but not Mandy's. No one doubts that Mandy was part of the decision, but if you think that Mandy had cold feet about birth, I disagree.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)