New PpGD: " 'The Early... Year' - The 2004 Era"

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New PpGD: " 'The Early... Year' - The 2004 Era"

Postby CTCFirebird » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:01 pm

So, they're in the 7th grade? In Megaville Elementary? O_0

Well, it shouldn't only be Blossom's experience only as a hero to have a habit of helping people. It should also be the other two sisters as well.
I am the Winner

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:29 pm

I think they are somewhere between the ages of 8-10. I'm not sure though, but they are Elementary age students.
Just Rockin

Postby BeeAre » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:32 pm

I dunno they're like 10-12? 4-5-6th grade?

btw, Firebird, this page consists entirely of stuff Bleedman wrote himself--that is, he just drew things that kinda made sense.

For lots of pages. And I have had to spend a lot of time both trying to make sense of those established pages while simultaneously trying to advance the narrative past them.

Difficult juggling!

I showed up on the third page of the Forgotten. You can see the date in the archive jump forward a few years. :P
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:11 pm

So this is the page you showed up on? Huh okay, judging the pages starting at this point seems near impossible given the structure for the story, but it seems you managed to kinda pull it off in the last few years. So, I guess all is left is to wrap up the 10 year anniversary thing and see how the next chapter progresses.
Just Rockin

Postby CTCFirebird » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:16 pm

@ BeeAre - Cool. Yeah, I figured that it was something like that. I brought this webcomic to a friend of mine from UDON Entertainment. He's with Image Comics and IDW Publishing - Jim Zubkavich. When I told him about it he said "Wow! That's freaky." He works on Skulkickers with Edwin Huang and I believe he's doing Samurai Jack at IDW Publishing while Troy Little works on the PowerPuff Girls doing Craig McCracken style. So yeah, I bring this up to people's attention in Artist Alley at conventions.

@ ULTRADJ - That's what I'm thinking. That's more of the appropriate age range.
I am the Winner

Postby ari-6 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:43 pm

This thread has been the most interesting one in a while. It is always really enjoyable gives god insight when a writer talks about the work, I wish NEK would do this kind of thing. My only criticisms with the writing were that in some places it felt too drawn out. For example the recent fight with Blossom, Buttercup, Sam and Bell over the bomb. I felt like in a couple of places, a single page could have served the purpose of two or three. But after reading BeeAre say the same thing and it mainly being down to his working relationship with the artist, it is interesting to hear. My other criticism would be that the writing seems to get too caught up in the details. By that I don't mean I don't understand it, I just mean that it can do more harm than good when the story gets too weighed down with minute details. But at the same time, if those details were not there then there would be less to talk about. I understand that it cannot be easy when you have to write an interesting story at a pace of one page a month and every page has to keep people interested but overall I think a good job is being done of it. I am looking forward to a page like the D-day blitz that has me on the edge of my metaphorical seat.
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:47 pm

Well, considering this thread has been writing suggestions to make PPGD better, to BR telling us it is more complicated given the fact that he and Bleed can't talk very often, so they compromise somewhat, and discussing the future for this series, it has been a controversial thread indeed.
Just Rockin

Postby ari-6 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:49 pm

If I had to work with a writer I would make communication my primary concern
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:08 pm

That is one of the most important factors when doing something like this. As they say, communication is key. I work with some to make comics and I make sure there is a window open for conversation (though what I plan to do is fun comics so), but yeah, I wish Bleed and BR had better communication, it could improve the quality of the story greatly. Well, I'm still hoping the comic will get better with time.
Just Rockin

Postby ari-6 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:18 pm

I may have misunderstood you but did you say that you also make comics? Are you a writer or an artist if you don't mind my asking?

Yeah, I think that PPGD would improve with better communication but I may be mistaken, I think commissions are Bleedman's primary income. That or he has a job, but wouldn't it be natural that whatever he lives on is his primary concern? I can remember BeeAre said something like "It's just webcomics" but I guess it is natural for him to think like that.
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:29 pm

It's more like I'm an amateur writer and I have two people who are amateur artists on DA that I recruited and each work on a different comic that I write. Bleed and BR probably have a lot more experience, but you gotta start somewhere. And I hate the mindset of "it's just webcomics" when the fact is, when you create a story, no matter what it is, you got to give it your all to entertain yourself and people. That's what storytelling is about, at least in my eyes it is. I think I know Bleed has a job, that's where he uploads and works on the pages? I think I remember hearing that somewhere, but I know I'm probably wrong, plus he does commissions so that adds up to his personal paycheck. Be it web comics, fan fiction, or official Graphic Novels, always go all out and do your best, is what I feel at least.
Just Rockin

Postby BeeAre » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:41 pm

ULTRADJ wrote:So this is the page you showed up on?

no!

This one.

Clearly that page. o_o look at the date on the archives again. o_o

ari-6 wrote:If I had to work with a writer I would make communication my primary concern

wanna make a comic
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
BR

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:45 pm

You said three pages, I was off by one. I looked at the archives and I was close because I didn't include the start page of the chapter. I did look, so I wasn't off by much, I clearly did look thank you very much. Sorry if I sounded a little harsh, but you sound like I didn't look when I was did and only off by one page.
Wait, are you and artist or writer ari?
Just Rockin

Postby ari-6 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:56 pm

BeeAre wrote:wanna make a comic
I certainly do. My life's goal is to be part of the creation of something I consider great. To that end...
ULTRADJ wrote:Wait, are you and artist or writer ari?
I became an artist and I am in my first year of college. I hope to be good at it by the time I graduate, although my confidence isn't much to speak of, I can only hope I will get there eventually
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:02 pm

BR stahp! I has dibs on Ari! >:C
Ari shush, your art is amazing :3

It's interesting to see a bit more insight on PPGD, though for me it was more like confirmation.
I've always wondered though, how did you start writing for the comic(working with Bleed)?
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:06 pm

Now that I think about it, do you have a DA ari? I might've watched you, or I'm thinking about someone else. I hope to be a good storyteller one day, and insight on PPGD is always good since we need as much explanation as we can. For me, BR might've gotten with Bleed by coincidence somehow, but let's see what the story really is from BR.
Just Rockin

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:11 pm

This be his Art thread, viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55062
Too lazy to travel to the link to his DA >.>
Now, I must stay more on topic. >.>
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:21 pm

You mean the link which is in my sig?

I agree with you Ultradj, getting insight on these things is really interesting and useful. I would also like to know how they came to work together, I kind of just assumed that Bleed must have read one of BeeAre's fanfics and decided that way.
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Havoc » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:35 pm

@ari: I sorta want to know how BR found his place with Bleed too. I thought I once read that it was Seir that got BR on board, but Idk.
I think Grids was the writer for PPGD for a short while, but he and Bleed had a falling out over rather or not to make Bell a robot. Then again, I'm not 100% on this; I'll just let BR tell the story.

Hey BeeAre, if you don't mind me asking: I know you said Bleed gets payed for making these comics, but do you get any money for writing PpGD?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:43 pm

Wait... Bleed gets paid? I thought he worked off of commissions? Not that I really have any right to ask this bu I did wonder what exactly was Bleeds job?
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:47 pm

I know Griddles and Seir had falling outs with Bleed (considering how he works and from what people told me, I get the feel that Bleed isn't a good compromiser when it comes to certain things, or maybe they had such different opinions that the other person refused to move and that's where the partnership broke off) but it is curious to how BR got sucked in. Maybe someone introduced him to Bleed or Bleed did read a work of BR and was highly impresses. I know BR will spill the beans on that soon enough.
@ari I'm pretty sure he has a day job, but I don't know what it is. Also fixed the forum style on my end so I see the link to your DA now.
Just Rockin

Postby BeeAre » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:32 am

in 2007, Seiryuga was Bleedman's buddy, just like Griddles was, he knew of my ability to write and disliked Griddles' robo-Bell story as much as Bleedman, and asked me if I thought it was good, and I said something that amounted to "I could write one better", and he said "oh? okay let me get Bleedman online" and I said inside my head "lol what?" and in the chat "ok!"

I get paid a fraction of the amount Bleedman does, but he convinced Dave to pay both me and Dondi marginal amounts each month. The reasoning was the same for both of us: medical costs. I still have them, the money helps me pay for those things.

Also there is the fact that I try to recruit people for Snafu; oh! and for like a year by myself fought the general apathy that was so pervasive at the time to become admin to keep the forums from imploding before finding Thomas in all his grace to help remake the site, and in becoming admin getting together our mods to give a shit about this place on a day to day basis.

I would like to think I am a decent resource to have around, and I am always trying to improve my ability to contribute, so. Ya. I get a small amount each month. Is peanuts, but is not nothing.

It's why you could call me one of the world's only Professional Fanfic Writers.
BR

Postby CTCFirebird » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:08 am

I think there's quite a few Pro Fanfic Writers out there. Sadly, there's not too many.
I am the Winner

Postby ari-6 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:32 am

It was an interesting story. So the sight makes money from adds, it seems fair that the people who keep people here get payed for it. Do Stan and Skull-Boy also gets payed I wonder?
Last edited by ari-6 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:34 am

He said he's 'one of' few, not the only.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)