New PpGD: " 'The Early... Year' - The 2004 Era"

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New PpGD: " 'The Early... Year' - The 2004 Era"

Postby rac7d » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:56 am

BeeAre wrote:I dunno they're like 10-12? 4-5-6th grade?

:P

You dont know how old they are? :|

Postby ari-6 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:57 am

Oh, Sorry I must have misread. Thank you for correcting me.
2014. A shitty fucking year!
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby SantaUltraDJClaus » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:04 am

I'd like to be professional Fanfic writer. When I think about it, it's like this. Professional Writers (that are good) are like script writers (or maybe producers) to A-list movies, with A-list actors and the works. Professional FanFic writers are like script writers to B-list movies. Some are good, and some aren't, that's the way it goes with B-list (and A-list) movies, and PPGD is like a B-list story where it has it's ups and downs. That's how I see it anyway, hope it made sense. But I do have a question. BR, you said you try to recruit people to Snafu, how do you do that process? Do you look various places online to see who could be good for the three comics?
Pro Snafu Mods Supporter 2k14
Just Rockin

Postby CTCFirebird » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:17 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:He said he's 'one of' few, not the only.

BeeAre wrote:It's why you could call me one of the world's only Professional Fanfic Writers.

I see the word 'only' right there... That's why I wrote what I wrote.
I am the Winner

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:30 am

I misread it at first also. :3

I prefer their age towards 12. They're already rather mature for kids, so I feel the older the more believable. But that's just an opinion.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:01 pm

LOL Its cool.

I think ages between 8 - 10 is pretty suitable for them. If they're 12 and in Elementary School, then they have done really bad and getting left back from the other classes lol. In psychology, girls are more mature than boys at a young age and they develop before them, it kinda explains why the majority of them are shorter than boys around the age of 18. So, age has nothing to do with maturity, but they do have their moments at times where they act immature, which is normal. Heh, think about the CN episodes lol, there was a time where the PPGs left the citizens of Townsville to save the day, but were clueless on ALOT of things and the PPGs tried guiding/hinting/clueing them in on the how-to's where they (PPGs) were getting pretty annoyed.

Uh, the other thing to look at in this is the Elementary School in Megaville. This seems more like a Private School due to the dress code - the uniforms. So, its possible they have a K - 12 grade. Not all private schools have grades like that.

One more thing... Where the RowdyRuff Boys are located - Somewhere in Nevada. So, if Nevada is around the area in Megaville, then Megaville, on the map, is in the US of A. Hence, the fact that I. M. Weasel made it to the science fair in Megaville.

<exhales>

Heh, when it comes to 2D and 3D art, they funny thing is trying to determine the Nationality of the character. LOL but I still aim on that the age of them is between 8 - 10.
I am the Winner

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:56 pm

Another interesting thought. We don't know if the school has grades. It's just an elementary school.
I find it hard to believe Dexter would still be in school for basic subject s.
The elementary knowledge in their school likely differs greatly from our own.
I mean, we unfortunately don't learn about super powers in our schools :c
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:36 am

Well, Dexter basically trained himself to be smarter than the others. I mean, he goes in his room and there's a secret laboratory that travels all the way to China with all these gadgets he created with that scientific brain of his and is in competition against Mandark.

Learning about super powers is besides the point. When it comes to school, you learn about your strengths & weakness in what is being taught. So, even Dexter has to comprehend with that of going to school and getting a good job in the future even though he could at his age. Plus, there's Mandark and they both keep each other on their toes. Just like artists out there, they have art battles to try to prove to the other who's better. Its fun doing that, they learn from each other and they also improve. So, that's a plus!

Having super powers is within your DNA like the PPGs. Chemical X made all that happen! I think if a regular human was to drink some Chemical X, it wouldn't last long. Basically, using your brain is the super power for school. I believe that's what we're told by them teachers LOL
I am the Winner

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:58 am

You're helping my point :3

I'm saying that their education is different from our own, not that they don't have one.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:17 am

Ah ok lol. It sounded like I was, but Dexter still has to go to school no matter what lol
I am the Winner

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:34 am

Helping my point :3

I said Dexter wouldn't be in school for 'basic' subjects.
I feel like the only real difference between our protagonists and the top superheroes, is the amount of experience they have respectively.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:45 pm

Wasn't there an episode of Dexter's Lab where Dexter went to college and had a mental breakdown?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:50 pm

I think I remember that. Why he had a breakdown; I don't remember. As far as their age goes, I'm gonna say that the PPG are either 11 or 12.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:03 am

Yea he did. Dexter started to over study when he found out that none of his college classmates wanted to study, and seemingly only cared about partying. Eventually he breaks down from stress and enters party mode too,but it's a little too late because his colleagues have decided it is now time to study and not party. Episode name "Copping an Aptitude"
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:12 am

Oh yes. I sorta remember now. I do believe he loses his shit, and makes the entire collage campus into a hot-tub.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:31 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Helping my point :3

I said Dexter wouldn't be in school for 'basic' subjects.
I feel like the only real difference between our protagonists and the top superheroes, is the amount of experience they have respectively.

Don't have to rub it in -_- LOL
Even if Dexter wouldn't be in school for basic subjects, he still takes basic subjects despite his scientific knowledge. It pretty much is like prerequisite.
I am the Winner

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:38 pm

Dexter would have to test out of the simple things if he wished to take more advance subjects.

I'm sure the process is different in any case, but if Dexter is taking more advance subjects, I wonder why he just didn't test out of school already. Again, it could be different, but look at Tony Stark. Didn''t he graduate top of his class at MIT when he was like, 12?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:51 pm

Now that I think about it, Guardian. I think that Dexter has some of Stark Tech in his laboratory LOL
Yeah, Stark graduated at MIT at the top of his class, but with Dexter, I don't think that he wants to get ahead of himself.

Does anybody know what Dexter's parents do? Like what job they have? Because Tony Stark's father, Howard Stark, was a really smart man who doing scientific stuff, but Tony revolutionized it all that and we all saw what he did. It's in the genes past down from generation to generation. So, I'm wondering about Dexer's folks.
I am the Winner

Postby Cerulean » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:07 pm

I don't remember what jobs they had, but I do remember it being implied that his mom was actually very smart in a lot of episodes. And that her father (who looks just like old Dexter) was actually a Genius in his own right (Dexter left before he saw him create free energy because of the way he used common items and deemed him a "crazy old man").

Oh wait, I just looked at the wiki, and it says that his Dad is an office workman and that his Mom is a housewife.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby SantaUltraDJClaus » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:28 pm

Let's not forget, Jimmy Neutron is an Einstein but remains in Elementary School due to his friends. I only bring this up since we brung up Tony Stark, why not Jimmy?
Pro Snafu Mods Supporter 2k14
Just Rockin

Postby ari-6 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:46 pm

It is an interesting subject. To avoid detection and not test out, he would have to score consistently average. However in one episode the mere label of "average" caused him to lose his sense of self.
2014. A shitty fucking year!
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:55 pm

He's not scoring average :3
I remember a class specifically telling Dexter no robots or lasers, something along those lines xD
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)