New PPGD: Relief and Duty

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New PPGD: Relief and Duty

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:40 am

Then she wouldn't have thought it had to do with puff durability.

Also I mention the bombs blast radius because aliens or Earthlings currently in space would be uneffected.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:04 am

This is what I thought about with Bell. We've discussed the idea that Jack and Dr.X had worked together at some point. I thought maybe it was possible that X learned about the moral restrictions of Jack's sword and told Bell about this somewhere along the lines, and Bell had just now remembered this. However this is a pretty far-fetched theory. But if this isn't true, I have to wonder if being called "fake" will have some sort of effect of how she draws a conclusion from this.

As for the bombs blast radius. I don't know about any characters that are currently in space at the moment. Why do you bring it up?

Also your post reminded me of a thought I had awhile back. Since Buttercup, Blossom, Bell, Sam, and Gir are all really close to the bomb, could they experience some sorta "isolated effect"?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:22 am

We have the Cluster. I'm pretty certain Betty's still out there too.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:35 am

Actually Betty was returned to Earth, and the Cluster's there as well. The only person I can think of that would be in space right now, is Vexus.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:33 am

Really? Are you sure? Go over the number of things in space that exist given our current collection of cross-overs.

There's a lot of shit going on, and most of it doesn't matter, until Vexus does something important enough that she doesn't want anyone to know about it until it happens.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby CTCFirebird » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:21 am

Besides the whole thing about why its forbidden to talk about the time bomb (the "warning" :roll: ), I was just thinking about Betty. She hasn't made an appearance since. It was kinda liked Naga. Something tells me she might intervene. If Bubbles can't really do anything, maybe Betty can!
I am the Winner

Postby Cerulean » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:40 am

I don't think anyone said (or meant) that it was forbidden to talk about the bomb. We weren't warning you away from the topic (or saying that it was too complicated for anyone else to discuss), just giving you a heads up (really more of a "proceed with caution" I guess) about what has happened thus far (which ended up getting really complicated (at least, for me it did)). We provided past discussion topics (with regards to the bomb) so that you would have what has been discussed available at your disposal (there's always the chance that anything/everything that was discussed thus far could be 95-100% incorrect, so presenting our past findings now may help form new ideas/theories). My apologies for any misunderstandings. Was there something you'd like to talk about with regards to the bomb?

I don't think that Betty will intervene here, otherwise we'd have seen her energy signal in Dexter's second scan (unless she died or something). It'd also be a bit weird for her to pop up this late in the game (in this specific area), somehow know that Blossom/Buttercup were in trouble, and head for their direction as opposed to Bubbles' direction (with that huge monster bearing down on her and all those civilians). I'm skeptical of it happening.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:00 pm

I didn't want to bring up things in space that wasn't seen in the comic yet...but since BR said it :3

Maybe while the Earth is dealing with their time problem, Vexus goes forth with her plans. Possibly a few other unseen villains as well.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:09 pm

Ok. I meant due to the fact that since that was then, this is now. Maybe some new insights, speculation, or even educated guesses might help the situation with the bomb since we've done that with the battle in one topic, then a new page came and we started chatting about things that were either different of what we saw happening with the next page or even kept our heads in the same way until something new came up. We've basically covered the characters (except Betty). My question: what about the other things besides the characters. I mean, if there was always something new with the characters, why not the the objects that holds some importance towards the story. To see if we might agree or disagree and/or follow up with what comes to mind. That's all. You can't just keep focusing on the characters alone, we've been doing months of that. Too much of something isn't a good thing.

Sorry, I should have been a little specific on Betty. Well, of course, Betty has a teleportation device in her ship, I'm saying that she would probably make an appearance and help them out somehow. She does show concern for Earth.
I am the Winner

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:30 pm

We look at characters because they're the only things changing. What information on the bomb has been given to us this page? Or the last 10? They were just showing you previous discussions on the topic you wished to bring up.

That doesn't mean Betty knows what's happening on Earth.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:47 pm

Considering that, the last time we saw her, Betty was still unconscious ar Dr. Fate's tower, having her mind read by Amazo, I'm not sure if she is in a position to help currently. Whe don't know WHEN, cronologically her retrival happened (it was a while ago the comic panels showed up, but whether that means that she was found before this whole arc started or the story of her being found is running parallel in time is not yet clear as far as I can see) so she may have regained consciosness and recovered by now, but she may not have. And even if she did recover, she may have gone the prudent way and hightailed it back to Galactic Guradian Headquarters to get some backup (depending on when this is happening in Betty's chonology, GG headquarters could be on earth (under Moosejaw Heights) so getting re-enforcements may 1. be decidedly in GG's interest and 2. be comparitively easier than it might otherwise be. Dr. Fate himself probably can't intervene (he's got that whole non-interferance restraint thing going on, nor can Amazo (probably same thing) so GG would likely be Betty's next backup.

Postby CTCFirebird » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:16 pm

I was just wondering if there was anything new with the time bomb. Not what was said before. As I have stated, educated guesses or whatever, but I guess nobody put any thought to it. OK so the time bomb is not important.

Considering the time has passed, shouldn't she have regained consciousness? True that she doesn't know, but she does look concern for it.
I am the Winner

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:22 pm

We wouldn't know. All we do know is that Betty and co. didn't prevent the bomb from going off.

As of this moment though, I am imagining a scene where Betty arrives to Earth post explosion.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:37 pm

OK I give up on trying to make something interesting that ya guys aren't really interested in talking about. Not sure what else to talk about cause I am tired of this back and forth going around.

I did have something similar in mind like when the explosion happens.
I am the Winner

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:52 pm

A few months back, PPGD threads were next to dead.
Then there was the 2 year void. I hadn't found the comic then, but there was no information coming in then.
Everyone is just basically waiting for the bomb to go.
Sometimes there's just not a lot to talk about.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:05 pm

At some point, some of the threads seem dead except for pony and pokeman.
I am the Winner

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:06 pm

The site is bigger than just this section.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:27 pm

When something big and good happens, you'll see the update threads come back to life.

Right now, like Tenshi said, there just isn't anything to talk about in them. We've covered the bomb, the three immortal observers, Jack's sword, and I can't really think of anything else that has been discussed.

We're waiting.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:10 am

At this point, there's nothing I can think of.
I am the Winner

Postby Mercen-X » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:11 pm

I think Betty was a good suggestion. She doesn't need to travel anywhere to get backup. Even if Fate and Amazo didn't want to "intervene", I'm sure they wouldn't be above contacting GG on Betty's behalf. Also, Dr. X has constructed a chrono disruptor that will go off any minute now. As a lord of order, I doubt Fate would be showing any "restraint" for the utter chaos about to ensue. Making that suggestion is just the laziest possible excuse not to grant the good guys a Big Damn Heroes rescue and thereby draw out the suspense of "how will they get out of this one?"
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:15 pm

Better yet. The people in space stay in space.
No need to extend this further than it needs to be.
If Betty were to appear, she won't do much for the story atm.
If anyone randomly intervenes for that matter.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mercen-X » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:21 am

I forgot to mention... or perhaps I subconsciously deliberately avoided mentioning because I don't want to be "that guy", but did anyone else see that "inadvisable landing strategy" as a nod to RWBY?
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby Havoc » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:39 am

Who's Fate again? Are you talking about an actual character?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:00 am

Yes we are. Dr. Fate as in the DC character (mostly blue costume, gold gloves,boots,belt and helmet lives in a tower with an ankh shaped door that opens and closes by magic). It was to his home Amazo (another DC character, gold colored robot with adaptive powers) took Betty (since I was where he himself is staying) So Betty is possibly still there.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby BeeAre » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:34 am

The Justice League is going to get hornswaggled off Earth. All associated DC hero-level shenanigans. Bad guys are getting co-opted too. By other bad guys. That sort of nonsense.

Remember, I am doing this specifically to contrive our plot for convenience. I admit it freely. We're narrowing our playing field of relevant characters while keeping in-line with the continuity Bleed has established - *slow sigh* - by mentioning that various Groups Of Interest exist in this world. I won't retcon and negate things into nonexistence, I will simply get them into relative irrelevance. 9_6

It's a gold rush of fanciful flights of daring-do out there in the big starry yonder, and Vexus is responsible. Neat, right?
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)