New PPGD: Relief and Duty

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New PPGD: Relief and Duty

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:08 am

Gir could easily turn the damaged sam into a bomb at this point now.
Not Space Jesus

Re: New PPGD: Relief and Duty

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:28 am

Gir humor <3
Sister love <3
I could hug this page!

Sam could connect the bomb to Gir too, can't forget that.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:00 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:I could hug this page!
I agree, this page is like a warm blanket.

We're covering a lot of ground physically, but we're still more or less in the same spot. Perhaps soon we will see what this bomb is made of?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Saint Soul » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:48 am

Hmmm....
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby CTCFirebird » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:34 pm

I'm still wondering about this Time bomb. Cause time bombs are basically bombs that has a timer in it and has some set for someone to be able to diffuse (but not that easy).

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_bomb
I am the Winner

Postby Sigmas » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:40 pm

Wrong time bomb, Firebird. This is a bomb that affects time, not one that goes off with a timer.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby K13-ZAR » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:51 pm

why do Blossom's eyes look dull and lifeless in the last panel?
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby CTCFirebird » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:04 pm

I wonder how that will turn out. Probably reversing time before when the battle happened. The characters may feel like the did this before like déjà vu or something. I kinda don't see it going further in time. Heh, fictional technology.

@ K13-ZAR - Probably no pupils and no spec to the eyes. I've seen that as a gradient before, but yeah this looks like that without gradient.
I am the Winner

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:15 pm

I highly doubt it'd take them back in time. Otto was forced out that time because of the bomb. If all it did was reverse time a bit, I doubt he'd make such a huge deal about it.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby rac7d » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:16 pm

So blossom has nearly died twice.... can she not fight capable intelligent enemies on her own? Her Sherlock mode is useful but she cant keep up all the time apparently, unlike buttercup who can overpower most.

I miss bubbles :'(

Bell may not be one of the original but she is not fake? I thought she was supposedly perfect, which is why her stats are so balanced. She is made up of the same ingredients right? Ingredients that can be found in any household or jail cell apparently.

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:18 pm

Twice? Blossom was in no real danger. Ofc, if it was another sword that could cut her, then I guess it counts.

I do wonder how Bunny would feel about Bell.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby rac7d » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:12 pm

Bell was gonna crack her skull with a drop kick before buttercup intervened
Cluster duranium can cut moneky, who can match superman, of which the girls are based on. So a sword of that material could her her.
What i am saying is she is having bad day today

Postby CTCFirebird » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:21 pm

@ Tenshi Nova - I guess you're right. If it had to head to a later time, where would it be?

@ rac7d - I think Blossoms Sherlock mode can happen once. To me, it seems like Blossom was using a lot of energy in this battle which weakened her a little bit. I think that's why she was caught.

Yeah. I, too, am wondering about Bubbles. We haven't seen her in Months. She have got to try to stop Jenny.

@ Tenshi Nova - I don't think that Bunny would fight Bell, but Bell would try to. I think that Bunny would try to hug Bell or even tickle her. Bell rather not go up against Bunny either way.

@ rac7d - I'd probably say that Blossom is having a rough day to be caught like that.
I am the Winner

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:24 pm

rac7d wrote:Cluster duranium can cut monkey, who can match superman, of which the girls are based on. So a sword of that material could her her.

Under normal circumstances, correct. However, as had been repeated so many times, this is Jack's Sword, it can't harm good.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:27 pm

CTCFirebird wrote:@ Tenshi Nova - I guess you're right. If it had to head to a later time, where would it be?

I think the bomb will send them to an alternate world. Personally rooting for KND's involvement with the that world. But idk anything about how the bomb works, besides a few notes I picked up from conversations. Just my guess.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:46 am

Damn. I was so hoping that Buttercup would murder Sam in cold blood. Oh well. Anyways, I love the tender moment at the end of the page. It's that kinda sisterly love that really helps make the comic for me.

Tenshi Nova wrote:I do wonder how Bunny would feel about Bell.

That an interesting— yet sorta random and vague statement. Care to expand on that?

Tenshi Nova wrote:Personally rooting for KND's involvement with the that world.

Although the KND would be sorta neat, BR has already said he's not going to involve them. He said it's because they're too far immersed in their culture and ideals. And I sorta have to agree with him on this one.

Tenshi Nova wrote:I highly doubt it'd take them back in time. Otto was forced out that time because of the bomb. If all it did was reverse time a bit, I doubt he'd make such a huge deal about it.

One of the theories is that it will transport different people, to different points in time.

Tenshi Nova wrote:I think the bomb will send them to an alternate world.

Maybe. But this bomb deals with time, not alternate dimensions (I think). However, it could send them to different timeline or something I guess.

@CTCFirebird: We have no idea as to the outcome of this bomb. BR has made quite the enigma for us here. If you want, I can link you to some of the post that we've made regarding the nature of the bomb and what we know so far. That is, if you feel like wearing the fuck out of your brain.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:08 am

@ Havoc - No need to. I was just wondering and was interested in what ya guys had to say about the time bomb. Seems like you're annoyed.
I am the Winner

Postby Havoc » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:19 am

Basically, it does something to the fabric of time, but we just don't know what.

CTCFirebird wrote:Seems like you're annoyed.

No, not really. I was just forewarning you, it's quite the thing to try to comprehend.

Anyways, it looks like Bell's about to try something with the sword based on her inner monologue. Any ideas?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:41 am

Doesn't seem like a warning, Havoc... What were you warning me about? Seems like you were informing me about something of what we know. How is that a warning? Why not take some educated guesses in the nature of the Time Bomb since we've basically tried that with the next pages of what could happen?

Yes, we've predicted that about Bell going to use the sword. I'm wondering about that, too, besides the Time Bomb. My guess is that Bell would use the sword and start swinging it madly while charging directly at them (Blossom & Buttercup), but she would later make the mistake by striking at Samantha. I'm still with that whole 'remorse' thing that I've said a while back. Maybe the sword would eventually land in the hands of either Blossom (maybe she'll give it to her sister (Buttercup) cause she learned samurai style) or Buttercup.
Last edited by CTCFirebird on Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am the Winner

Postby Cerulean » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:01 am

The discussions about the mechanics of said bomb got pretty complex a while back. That's what he was warning you about, the complexity of the discussion that has occurred so far. I'd have to agree that it was pretty complicated (for me at least). If I'm remembering it correctly, I think that Breach might have gotten the closest to discovering how the bomb worked. At least it made the most sense (to me).

One of the things that was discussed in the past involved the bomb creating a stop gap (which would move something out of place, then put something in that space temporarily, then move the original thing back into its original spot). Since it is a time bomb, it would be dealing with time and not mass.

Oh and BeeAre did say that the guy in this post (that BL quoted) was really really close.
Last edited by Cerulean on Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:10 am

Thank you Cerulean. I'm just saying, the bomb is steeped in some pretty complicated stuff, that's all. It has a hardcore mixture of Quantum Physics, and sci-fi concepts.

Here's a little bit of what we know so far.

CTCFirebird wrote:Yes, we've predicted that about Bell going to use the sword. I'm wondering about that, too, besides the Time Bomb. My guess is that Bell would use the sword and start swinging it madly while charging directly at them (Blossom & Buttercup), but she would later make the mistake by striking at Samantha. I'm still with that whole 'remorse' thing that I've said a while back.

Well if Bell uses the sword to try to harm to the innocent, than it's most likely not gonna work for her either. BR mentioned something about a "moral loophole" though. I'm just trying to figure out what Bell is thinking.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:27 am

Havoc wrote:
Tenshi Nova wrote:I do wonder how Bunny would feel about Bell.

That an interesting— yet sorta random and vague statement. Care to expand on that?

Just a random thought. :p

Havoc wrote:
Tenshi Nova wrote:Personally rooting for KND's involvement with the that world.

Although the KND would be sorta neat, BR has already said he's not going to involve them. He said it's because they're too far immersed in their culture and ideals. And I sorta have to agree with him on this one.

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :c

As for the on-gong conversation, I do wonder. The test on the moon didn't effect Earth. So the explosion on Earth won't effect things outside the blast radius. Not sure if I'm right in assuming that though.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby SpecialK » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:45 am

I have a question that's been bugging me. Has the bomb already gone off? Looking back, at the end of Chapter 9 it seems as if the bomb went off, then we jumped back a few minutes.

My question is, are we seeing what happened before the bomb went off, or has it already gone off and we're in a different time/dimension, one where it hasn't gone off or where the PPGs successfully stop it.

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:02 pm

The prior, I believe.
Suddenly switching dimensions without notification would be a poor way to execute such an event.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:34 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:As for the on-gong conversation, I do wonder. The test on the moon didn't effect Earth. So the explosion on Earth won't effect things outside the blast radius. Not sure if I'm right in assuming that though.

But the explosion is consuming the entire planet. I don't recall a lot about the bomb on the moon. I'm not even sure if it was just a mere test, or it had something to do with the funtion of the main bomb.

So what exactly do you think is going through Bell's mind at the moment? It sounds like she's come to some sorta conclusion. Any ideas? I feel like her inner monologue could be a clue as to what will happen next.

I have sort of a far fetched theory here. Maybe Bell knows the secret of Jack's sword (the moral restrictions that is).
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)