PPGD: Lost in Fixation

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: PPGD: Lost in Fixation

Postby rac7d » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:11 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:No. He already had a near death experience just to fuck with Bell's head to make her really angry. Sam is more likely used to blow up the bomb. Nobody likes sam.

I like Sam. And yeah but we kinda knew about that moths ago. I never would have thought that Bell could be the one to kill SAM,I think a couple of months ago we discussed Buttercup possibly doing it, weather or not it would count as a kill.

Postby tonightscake » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:41 pm

I'm doubtful Sam would blow up the bomb, unless her mistake is getting it to go off or something. It really depends on how complex it is to fix it up to blow, because she has all the attention right now and I'm doubtful Blossom or Buttercup would give her much time to fix it.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Gundam » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:02 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:No she didn't. Grim had nothing to do with the sword. The sword can only harm others in the hands of good.

Oh right forgot Sam was Using Jack's sword.... :redface:
One weird Snafu

Postby ari-6 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:16 pm

I did already post this in the other thread but I thought I could also post it here. It is probably wrong of me though.

I am not sure if I will be okay to say this but I feel that this page was kind of a mess layout wise. Especially since it was supposed to be the conclusion to this whole "can sword cut good" thing that has been going on since I can't remember. (Although it would seem like the explanation is Grim so we still do not have an answer). Personally I feel it could have been done better.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:25 pm

People quote themselves(sometimes others) from the discussion threads and post them on others. Doesn't happen a lot, but it happens from time to time.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:13 am

However Sam dies, it has to be in a way that gives Bell/Gir enough time to activate the bomb, or for it to be activated without Bell loosing.

I assume she could just get rammed through by the sword and then crawls over to the bomb as Buttercup and Blossom fight Bell.

Postby Havoc » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:33 am

I assume all they would need to do to set off the bomb at this point, is reconnect the tower, to the electrical supply. So with that: all they need to do is complete the circuit with something metal (aka a machine of some sort). But by doing so the high voltage would most likely destroy the machine in question. Some of the dialog seems to somewhat support this.

As for the part about Sam crawling over to the bomb I could see that as very possible. However I wonder what would make Sam do something like that if she's near death. Also the reconnecting the bomb might kill her. Would she really sacrifice herself like that?

Birdofterror wrote:Sam dies down here but Blossom doesn't, as was shown in the scanner before all of this. So I think it's safe to say that if it does come down to something like that, Sam is going to be the one to bite the dust.

I think it possible that one of the PPG could also be killed, but be brought back to life, or one of them might become seriously injured.

rac7d wrote:I think a couple of months ago we discussed Buttercup possibly doing it, weather or not it would count as a kill.

Yes I remember that. I'm still hoping that it's Buttercup that kills Sam.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Saint Soul » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:41 am

how do we know that Sam can in fact actually die?
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:45 am

Cuz the writer said she will :u
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Biostar » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:31 pm

I don't understand Blossom's rambling.

Postby Exodis » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:43 pm

She's probably going through a "life flashing before my eyes" moment.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

I will persevere, I will resist to hear, I will interfere.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Postby Sigment » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:05 pm

:up: Basically. She was as surprised as Sam that the blade didn't kill her. More so, I think. She had already died once. She was expecting to see Grim as she did last time. She'll probably snap out of it by the next page.

Of course, Buttercup's too blinded by her anger to see that her sister's not dead.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:15 pm

Still think it's more grief.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:29 pm

Point is, she's got tunnel vision right now. Right now, nothing matters to her more than turning Sam into a pile of scrap.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Saint Soul » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:45 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Cuz the writer said she will :u

no shit *____*

Seriously though a robot or any mecha does not die in the way a fleshling would. soundwave has rebuilt megs plenty times. and machines can be repaired and parts replaced. vital parts i might add.

Postby strider0075 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:59 pm

The SoulChild wrote:
Seriously though a robot or any mecha does not die in the way a fleshling would. soundwave has rebuilt megs plenty times. and machines can be repaired and parts replaced. vital parts i might add.

The difference is in the character themselves. Megatron is vital to that particular story in that it's (not sure if he or she is relevant for a robot) one of the primary antagonists. Sam is, in character type, just a henchman. Yeah Sam's got a name, seeming to run counter to the idea that a henchman without a nametag/name or just has a number is doomed to die at the hands of the protagonist/s. But if you look how much story or background Sam really gets it's pretty obvious Sam's just a standard henchman destined to die.

Postby Biostar » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:56 pm

Sigment Kurosai wrote:She was as surprised as Sam that the blade didn't kill her. More so, I think. She had already died once. She was expecting to see Grim as she did last time.

Ah, okay then. That makes sense.

I wonder if this is the mistake that Sam makes, leading to her death by Buttercup's rage.

Postby Mercen-X » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:08 pm

I wonder if Grim wasn't aware of the rules of the sword and so he might have mistakenly taken Blossom had Deedee not interfered.

Megatron has only DIED a limited number of times. Optimus too. Both were restored by semi-mystical means (i.e. the power of Unicron or via shards of the All Spark or in Prime's case, the Matrix of Leadership). Whether Sam has an integral role in the future of the story isn't as important as whether she has an integral role in Dr. X's plot. If that be the case, I'm sure he could restore her (or at least the Brood or whatever these creatures are called could restore her at his behest).

Frankly, I'm more interested in the idea of Buttercup dying. It's something I think would impact the readers on a deeper level. Sam just doesn't matter.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby Saint Soul » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:29 pm

we have a fleshie versus a mecha. in order for the desired result of the majority. it requires a 2:1 fight ratio.

Postby Havoc » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:16 am

I don't think organic vs machine has anything to do with who is stronger and who will win. Buttercup was pretty much kick Samantha's ass no problem a few pages ago. Even Blossom seemed to keep up with Sam, if not more.

Mercen-X wrote:I wonder if Grim wasn't aware of the rules of the sword and so he might have mistakenly taken Blossom had Deedee not interfered.

How exactly would Grim not knowing about the sword's limitations, factor into this?

Mercen-X wrote:Frankly, I'm more interested in the idea of Buttercup dying. It's something I think would impact the readers on a deeper level. Sam just doesn't matter.

I agree with you on that. Although if Buttercup gets killed, she'll probably be brought back much the same way Blossom was. Buttercup on the ground seriously injurded, bleeding, and near death would have just as great of an impact as an out-of-body experience imo.

Also here's a theory I posted in the other thread:

I wrote:Today I came up with a theory that after Buttercup finishes Sam, Gir will try to intervene, so Buttercup (still on a blind Blood frenzy) will try to kill Gir next. So Bell will use Jack's sword against her, and be successful because she's using it to protect someone she cares about.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:58 pm

This page, btw, guys, was supposed to be obvious. So I don't mind those comments.

What is not obvious, is how each and every character in that room is going to move when the bomb detonates.

And best of all, you all are close, very close to guessing how it goes down, but none of you has it just right.

I like that. ¦:3
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:24 am

You're really good at keeping your cards close to your chest.

How long have you kept this entire scene more or less a complete enigma? Two years? Three?

I would have cracked under pressure during the first week. :unsure:
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby BeeAre » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:28 am

Bleedman is a weirdo! This is a significant amount of the answer. :0) honk honk
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:33 am

So, since the beginning of time? heh
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby tonightscake » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:38 am

You could tell us who's closest, right? :grin:
Why not?
Lovely Antics

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)