Switch to full style
The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.
Topic locked

PPGD: Lost in Fixation

Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:38 pm

Now we can all finally shut up about the sword going to kill blossom or not.

Re: PPGD: Lost in Fixation

Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:40 pm

this actually played out like I expected at least the sword part

Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:47 pm

Please everyone. No, 'I knew the sword won't' posts...everyone knew...

This page makes me remember that short discussion on how the PPG would react to respective deaths. Buttercup is so caught up in her emotions, she's not even paying attention to her surroundings.

Now I wonder...will we get a gruesome image of Buttercup bashing Sam's head in?..
Probably not.

Also, Gir is all alone, towards the bomb I believe. Wouldn't be surprised if Buttercup breaks Sam, as Gir sets off the bomb. The puffs all start flying away, leaving Sam :(

Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:44 pm

I hate it when Bleed draws his characters all cute and cartoony like in serious parts.

Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:58 pm

But their almost always cute and cartoony. I don't really see your problem.

I love Blossom's face and reaction in the sixth panel.

Now I wonder...will we get a gruesome image of Buttercup bashing Sam's head in?..
Probably not.

I really, really want to see Buttercup slaughter Sam. I've been anticipating this all year. When I saw that last panel I was like "KILLER HER, KILLER HER, KILLER HER, KILLER HER!"

Like I said on the other thread, I think Bell will be the most likely candidate to grab the sword on the rebound, this is where we might see that "moral loophole" come into play.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:00 am

Kihmiitehra wrote:I hate it when Bleed draws his characters all cute and cartoony like in serious parts.

...is that not how he always draws them? That's his style, why expect something different

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:13 am

Isn't that also just the anime/manga style in general?

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:21 am

yeah I believe so

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:21 am

Eh, not all anime is cutesy.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:23 am

There are somewhat more serious art styles in the world of anime/manga.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:56 am

I wonder what would happen if Bell uses the sword against Buttercup under the current circumstances... with the intention of helping/saving Sam, would it cut Buttercup? The justification of Buttercup's intention to kill (I think) is technically void since Blossom was not killed/harmed (maybe mentally, eh, doubt it) thus the Sword would be in the right of being capable of harming Buttercup, no? Buttercup's emotional folly is no excuse... I think... maybe... who knows... rambling... bleeehhhhh

Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:09 am

Havoc wrote:There are somewhat more serious art styles in the world of anime/manga.

Agreed.

I wonder what Bell's intentions are. Seems like she'll pick up the sword.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:23 am

That's what I'm guessing. My prediction is pretty close to Tenshi's. Except I think that either Sam or Buttercup will end up trying to hurt/destroy Gir, and Bell will use the sword to protect him, thus voiding the moral limitation of the sword.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:47 am

Woah, shit. That's a pretty okay fucking theory if I do say so myself. I guess we'll see, won't we?

Sam dies down here but Blossom doesn't, as was shown in the scanner before all of this. So I think it's safe to say that if it does come down to something like that, Sam is going to be the one to bite the dust.

Goodbye Sam. We hardly knew ya.

Re: New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:13 am

Pretty much everyone who was in the "Samurai Jack's sword" theory.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:34 am

Yeah, definitely Bell saving Gir thing. Buttercup's rampage would not factor into the sword's capability of cutting a moral character. Moral character is not so easily changed. The factor is its wielder.

Re: New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:16 am

Randori wrote:Pretty much everyone who was in the "Samurai Jack's sword" theory.

That, or they're just glad it's over.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:20 am

I sure am. There was such a big debate that went on for a few pages even though it was realatively simple: Sam is evil. Sword won't work. That is it. There hasn't been a story in this comic that debates that.

---

In the first panel wher Sam "cuts" blossoms neck, it seems like blood is let out, even though the sword didn't cut at all.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:31 am

Buttercup's imagination maybe?

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:09 am

Will Buttercup go over the edge? Or will Blossom or someone else step in at the last second?

Personally I hope Buttercup lets her power go out of control as she is so mad of Blossom's 'death'.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:13 am

Welcome to our cozy forums, SpecialK. Read the rules and enjoy your stay.

I feel that Buttercup is more sad, rather mad. She always used physical violence to express herself, so her attacks here aren't very surprising.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:47 am

NO FAIR!!! Using Grim to Cheat Death!! NO FAIR!!!

Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:58 am

No she didn't. Grim had nothing to do with the sword. The sword can only harm others in the hands of good.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:22 am

Anybody else feel that Gir will be dead by the end of this? Probably by collateral or from restarting the bomb.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:28 am

No. He already had a near death experience just to fuck with Bell's head to make her really angry. Sam is more likely used to blow up the bomb. Nobody likes sam.
Topic locked