New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:44 am

Jaded... isn't the word I would use for her. She's still very emotional and she expresses that with fire, violence, sex, and explosions.

If she were 'jaded' per say, she would react to everything with an overall "who gives a damn" attitude. As we've seen time and time again, "Who gives a damn? Chi gives a damn. She gives lots of damns."

And she's not afraid to show it!

I don't like Chi that much. That much is well known by now, but I hope that something bad happens to her. Something she can't pull out of her hat to save the day. Maybe something will. That something may just be the Grim Family. Then after it, she will grow. Maybe she will even have Mimi by her side, a human Mimi. I guess we'll see.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Pyre » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:29 am

Havoc wrote:I would really like it if Aku and Chi were in danger somehow, as suppose to them just sitting on their asses, not doing shit. Like if someone were to pick Jack's sword back up and continue his legacy. I'm kinda expecting this since Jack's sword was waved in front of our faces. It would be a lot more interesting if they had something to be concerned about, especially since Aku has someone to protect.

Really? I'd almost prefer if they weren't. Right now, most of the families we've seen in the underworld are affected by this upcoming war, Aku and his kingdom are really the only ones abstaining and it's a nice change of pace. I get it, we're reading what's considered an epic story, and we expect action, but really this sort of slice of life existence is kind of a nice change since it's just that, it's a group of people living their life, as opposed to being caught up in some conflict. I mean really now, what point does Aku have to join in? If anything joining a war would put his daughter, the one thing he cares about, in danger... There's no reason for Aku to join, he's basically assuming that with enough concession he'll assure the safety of Chi, and even if his empire dies, his daughter will have a good life, but right now Chi is what may actually drive his empire to war, based on what we've seen and what she may do as a result of her vision.

Havoc wrote:Like what? I haven't really seeing anything that would indicate something huge on the horizon.

Aku doesn't want to go to war, he just wants a good life for Chi, but Chi is hot tempered and looking to prove herself, base on this, how she acted towards Him, and how she reacted to seeing the painting of Blossom, Chi will be reason the Aku empire does anything monumental... After all, we know Aku is happy just providing Chi with a good future life, he doesn't care about conquest, Chi on the other hand is very passionate.

Havoc wrote:We don't know this for sure. I would prefer if she was thrown into the fray like the other characters. I myself would love to see someone break in and try to kill her, and create some tension for a change.

I feel like that flashback didn't have as big of an effect on her as it should have had, but that's just me.

I don't know, I think the life in the day of Chi has set the tempo very well, she's pampered, she's spoiled, and the kingdom she's in hasn't had any hardship in a long time. We've seen the bad, and now we're about to see the interesting parts, with Chi going absolutely crazy mode, as seen in the panties bit.

No one had to attack Chi, no one will, she will be the one putting her kingdom into war, regardless of what Aku wants. She's the Dread Uncle of the Russian empire, while Aku is Rasputin, she will want war to earn her badges, while Aku just wants to sit back and sustain enough to give her a good home. If anything, the dynamic between Chi and Aku is the most complex in this story, while Mimi, Junior, and Minnie are all under the thumb of their parents, Chi is the only one who is really able to push her kingdom beyond that of her parent's wishes. At the end of the day, Him, Mandy, and whoever else are in conflict, but Aku has abstained, and it's going to be the actions of Chi that put Aku's kingdom into the conflict, even if she doesn't fully realise what's the end result.

Havoc wrote:Well I don't. The spoiled rich types never set well with me. Like I said, if you like her, then I respect your opinion. I just really hate her right now, and it's not helping that she's being crammed down our throats when there are far better thing that we could be exploring.

Also, what do you mean by "become all jaded"? Isn't Chi already sorta "jaded"?

You mean like she has been crammed down the throats of all the citizens of the Aku empire, and now it's her time to prove that she is more than just Aku's daughter? Chi will be the deciding factor of her empire, Aku has already stated he wants to just sit back and not worry about things, and now it will really come down to her actions, whether she understands the end result or not, and as such she's probably the most important character in the series currently.

Chi isn't jaded, she's very normal, she has a lot of passion and she shows it. Most of her prissy, and spoiled, attitude comes from the fact that she hasn't been jaded by the world outside of her comfortable life, she's mostly acting upon things based on her idealistic reality. Aku is jaded, he doesn't want any part in anything, he just wants to live life as is, he doesn't believe things can change, but Chi, she's all about change and proving herself.

I absolutely love Chi. I'd bodonk her.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:25 am

Pyre wrote:Right now, most of the families we've seen in the underworld are affected by this upcoming war, Aku and his kingdom are really the only ones abstaining and it's a nice change of pace.

Well, it's war between Mandy and Him. We haven't really heard much from the other realms.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mercen-X » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:48 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:To say, Aku's empire is not essential to Chi's destiny, is the same as saying, Vader's empire was not essential to Luke's destiny.

To clarify, I didn't say the empire was "not essential TO her destiny", what I wrote, when read properly, means that a) Chi inheriting the empire and b) her unique destiny are: not one and the same.

For reference:
Mercen-X wrote:And yet, every time the word destiny is mentioned, you continually bring up her title as Aku's heir insinuating that her destiny is essentially her inheritance. There is a ridiculously vast difference between a prophetic destiny and being born to a legacy. The mistake I feel you're making is that Aku's empire is merely a factor that lends to Chi's destiny. His empire itself is not essentially her destiny. My entire argument is directed at stopping you saying that Aku's empire is Chi's destiny. I don't care about anything else. Sure, Chi has a destiny. She was made from Blossom which ties her to Mimi moreso than her ineffable love for her. She has a place in the war to come. We get that. But she is not the focus... of anything. Junior and Mimi are the focus. Minnie and Chi are slightly to the outside of that narrow focus.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:58 pm

Then a misinterpretation. Any other problems?
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mercen-X » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:45 pm

...none come to mind.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby Havoc » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:30 am

Pyre wrote:You mean like she has been crammed down the throats of all the citizens of the Aku empire, and now it's her time to prove that she is more than just Aku's daughter?

No, no, no. I meant our throats; the readers' throats, I feel like she's being forced on us. She's been taking up half the spotlight since we started this new segment. There are far more interesting things that we could be covering right now. The world of the living and the fallen heroes, what the Ghost Zone is like, Minnie's situation, even Jr and Mimi.

Pyre wrote:Really? I'd almost prefer if they weren't. Right now, most of the families we've seen in the underworld are affected by this upcoming war, Aku and his kingdom are really the only ones abstaining and it's a nice change of pace. I get it, we're reading what's considered an epic story, and we expect action, but really this sort of slice of life existence is kind of a nice change since it's just that, it's a group of people living their life, as opposed to being caught up in some conflict.

Let me put it this way: If there's nothing for them to give a fuck about, than there's really nothing for me to give a fuck about.

Sure I understand that this is the set up and all, but it's starting to boarder on the edge of take too long to get anywhere, I would much prefer it if Chi was in direct danger, that would create some real drama. On top of that, I'm just not invested in the structure and politics of Aku's empire like you are. I much rather see something else for a change; anything.

Pyre wrote:I'd bodonk her.

What!? :|

Pyre wrote:Most of her prissy, and spoiled, attitude comes from the fact that she hasn't been jaded by the world outside of her comfortable life, she's mostly acting upon things based on her idealistic reality. Aku is jaded, he doesn't want any part in anything, he just wants to live life as is, he doesn't believe things can change, but Chi, she's all about change and proving herself.

Like I said, the spoiled bratty characters always rub me the wrong way. As it sets, I would really like it if someone popped Chi in the mouth right now.

Look, We could debate this until the cows come home, but I think we're just too far apart, opinion wise. This is a fun conversation and all, but I don't think we're gonna get anywhere. After all, I was the one who initially broke the ice with the whole "not Liking Chi" thing.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:45 am

Havoc wrote:
Pyre wrote:I'd bodonk her.

What!? :|
I think he made himself quite clear.

That's all I have to say on this subject. Good day.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)