New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

Postby Pyre » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:47 pm

I don't know, I don't get why people are so down on the story and Chi. I actually really like Chi, because while she isn't the best character in the series she's developing, and unlike Mimi doesn't have that huge past trauma to fall back on. In short, Chi is the every girl, well a rich every girl, but so far she hasn't been chosen by some higher power to be what she is, she's just some girl living a mediocre life and feeling sort of out of place around all the god like beings around her. Heck, she didn't even know how to shape shift until recently, she's always lived a pampered life, and this is the story of how she steps outside of that and grows on her own, because she clearly doesn't even understand that there are others out there who won't bow down to her, such as Him.

Plus, panties.
offline
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 12:56 am
Gender: None specified

Re: New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:57 pm

That's a very twisted analysis. Chi's past is shrouded in a lot if mystery. A couple pages ago she had a flashback through Blossom's eyes, her trauma is already being implied.

Chosen by a higher power? She's Aku's heir.

Her powers coming recently also doesn't mean much, Aku didn't need long to learn what he needed.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 4554
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

Postby Pyre » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:35 pm

Sure, but she only saw it now, and we don't know how much the realisation has hit her. As far as things were considered up to this point, Chi had no hardship, she had no trauma, and lived her life being spoiled by her father. This is probably the first hardship that has been thrown her way, with the previous biggest hardship prior to being that someone didn't return her texts... Also, if she is Blossom, wouldn't that be kind of awkward since she does things with her Mimi who would be her daughter? I mean it's completely possible, and implied, but you know, that's there.

There's a big difference between being an heir and being part of a prophecy. Oedipus was the heir to a kingdom, but his prophecy that was chosen by a higher power is what he's remembered for.

Her recent powers are a sign of her growth, she simply didn't need them before, and she felt bad she couldn't manifest them. It's clear she felt bad that she was letting her father down in a way, even if he never looked down upon her.
offline
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 12:56 am
Gender: None specified

Re: New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:41 pm

The 3rd helps me answer to the 1st. Chi has an image to keep. Those pictures of her all over the city does take time. Also, where is it clear that Chi felt bad about not having her powers? Because it wasn't clear to me :p

Prophecy? Mimi was part of a prophecy?
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 4554
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

Postby Pyre » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:05 pm

When they have that whole mother-daughter bonding moment Aku reassures her that he powers will come in time after she mentioned how she'd be in a better position if she had laser eyes. The whole scene paints a picture of her trying to show Aku that she's more mature and Aku kind of tells her that he loves her but she's not quite ready yet.

Yes, Mimi was. She was born of two super powerful beings, then developed extraordinary powers that Dexter commented were as much a risk as a benefit. The general also talks about how the world is being protected from her, and that they're worried about what it's culminating to, knowing who the father is. Then there's that whole war between the heroes and Him for which side Mimi will end up being on. Sure, it's not a stated prophecy, but it's a bloody war centered around Mimi. As far as things go, in that entire story line, Mimi is the chosen one.

So far, Chi has just been a character but we haven't seen anything that would indicate her as someone who was chosen for something in the scope of Mimi or the children of Grim. She keeps pushing things though, and maybe that will lead to something. The vision of Blossom being murdered is an interesting sign.
offline
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 12:56 am
Gender: None specified

Re: New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:42 pm

This again helps with point that Chi has problems. Course I don't see the same way you do, I don't think Chi cares about her powers to the point where she finds it needed, but as a awesome, cool perk.

Chi was also born/made from 2 powerful beings. Chi, from her birth/spawn is being given the role of Aku's heir. This all goes back to their past, we know more about Mimi than we do Chi. You can't assume that Chi any less 'destined' in the future than Mimi.

Mimi's powers were risky as well as beneficial? That goes for pretty much any superpowered child. Also, Mimi was the reason for the war, you and I have different meanings for the title 'chosen one'. By my definition, a chosen one isn't one being fought over, but one that fights for. If anything Chi's more of a chosen one by your definition, she has the potential to control the galaxy.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 4554
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

Postby Pyre » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:17 pm

Chi has problems in the sense that all people have problems, but they're nowhere on the scale of the other characters. She's pretty normal, all things considered that is.

Yes, we know these things about Mimi, and Junior, and others, but as far as it stands Chi hasn't had any great destiny, or anything, but rather she's just living life. There might be something major in her future, and there also might not be, but being an heir does not make her amazingly special.

Most super powered children don't have as much risk riding behind them, Mimi was the top end of her field, and wasn't made out to be someone with an amazing compass on things initially. A chosen one does not need to be someone who is fighting, though they usually are as stories have conflict, but rather a chosen one in this sense is the central focus of a major historical event by destiny. In other words, Robin, Starfire, and friends are all super powerful beings who exist and fight, Robin in a way is an heir to Batman, but Raven is the chosen one by her prophecy to be a gateway for Trigon. Yes, she fights, but in the final parts leading up to the fulfillment of her prophecy, she's watching as Slade fights the other titans to try to keep her from being used as the portal or key. She didn't have a say in it, Robin and others could have chosen at any point to walk away, she couldn't. Mimi in that same sense didn't have a choice, the war happened because of her and she was the focus, Chi on the other hand has the ability to tell Aku she doesn't want to rule and would rather go around the underworld selling pies. Being an heir means you have the choice to say you don't accept the castle, or check, or whatever it is, being chosen means that you'll be forced into it. As I said, Oedipus was an heir to a kingdom, and he was able to be removed from that, but no matter how much everyone tried, he ended up fulfilling his destiny, for which he was chosen... And no, he didn't fight, he just boned and then got boned.

Also, panties.
offline
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 12:56 am
Gender: None specified

Re: New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

Postby Cerulean » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:40 pm

When you take into consideration the fact that we've only seen the heirs of the rulers of the various realms, then sure being an heir may not seem like a big deal. But being an heir does make her special. She's in a position where she will eventually rule over the City of Aku (completely (though I'm not sure how the City of Aku is being ruled right now with Aku in retirement and everything)).

As for your analysis on Chi, I found it interesting.

I never really thought about Chi in that way. I agree that she is a character that is in development, and that she has indeed lived a very pampered life up til now (at least through demongo's eyes). Thus far, I've felt that Chi was just a spoiled princess. As stated previously, she has led a very pampered lifestyle thus far, but I believe that that has only helped her become arrogant and develop both a sense of entitlement and some serious anger problems (especially when she doesn't get her way (see the interaction with Him for example (or even the instances where she's texting Mimi and not getting a response back)). Going back to the interaction with Him, she didn't hesitate to pull that gun on Him, at all. My take on that scene was that she did so because she thought that they were on equal footing. To me, this act was a sign of arrogance (seeing as to how she believed that she could take on one of the rulers of the Underworld with JUST a gun and bravado). It also showed how she felt that she was any information regarding Mimi. More evidence to her arrogance and entitlement issues happened later on while she was speaking with Aku about the topic of matrimony. She wanted to speak with Him about marrying Mimi directly after threatening him (and shooting his hat off). After Aku leaves the room, she shoots off a string of anger-filled text messages. She even infiltrated another ruler's realm for more information regarding Mimi (more signs that she feels entitled to any information regarding Mimi). Thus far, this is my impression of Chi.

I don't think she feels out of place with regards to the other rulers, I sort of get the feeling that she thinks she can stand toe to toe with them (even though she obviously can't).

As for her feeling bad about not having her powers, I agree with what Tenshi said about it being a cool perk (mostly). She definitely wants them, but I do also see her as thinking that she needs them to get what (in this case who) she wants (Mimi). We really haven't been shown enough interaction between the two (between Aku and Chi(prior to Mimi's introduction to Chi)) to really know whether or not she feels bad about not having her powers yet. As of yet, it just looks like she wants them so that she can get her way (at least it does to me).

I'm not sure how I feel about the whole "Mimi is the chosen one" thing. We don't know the circumstances that led to her birth. Nor do we know how she came to live with Dexter & co. If indeed Blossom made some sort of deal with Him to have his child, but then backed out on it, that is what led to the war over Mimi. If she kept up her side of the deal, then would the fate of Megaville have been the same? If she never made the deal with Him, then what would have happened? How do we know that it was destined for Mimi to be here? Sure Dexter foreshadowed how great a risk it was having Mimi there, but could that have been avoided if they just handed her to Him (I know as heroes they wouldn't have, but still?)? Was there really no other choice but to have this war over Mimi? These are the questions I think about when I think about Mimi being a chosen one.
Last edited by Cerulean on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:54 pm
Gender: Female

Re: New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:51 pm

Pyre wrote:Chi has problems in the sense that all people have problems, but they're nowhere on the scale of the other characters. She's pretty normal, all things considered that is.

This is again, based off of limited information. I'm not repeating myself again when it comes to the matter of exposure to Chi's past.

Pyre wrote:Yes, we know these things about Mimi, and Junior, and others, but as far as it stands Chi hasn't had any great destiny, or anything, but rather she's just living life. There might be something major in her future, and there also might not be, but being an heir does not make her amazingly special.

Also, you say she has no great destiny, but something major in her future. That being the throne of a demon that had once enslaved worlds.

Pyre wrote:Most super powered children don't have as much risk riding behind them, Mimi was the top end of her field, and wasn't made out to be someone with an amazing compass on things initially.

Chi is the only one in her field. Again, with the potential to enslave multiple worlds.

As for your other example, Raven was the chosen one because she was to resurrect Trigon. Mimi was fought over because Him wanted her.

Cerulean wrote:I don't think she feels out of place with regards to the other rulers, I sort of get the feeling that she thinks she can stand toe to toe with them (even though she obviously can't)

I first thought it was arrogance also, but I think she wants to be taken seriously, rather than assuming she can equal them.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 4554
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

Postby Cerulean » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:56 pm

Hmm, I could see that too.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:54 pm
Gender: Female

Re: New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

Postby Pyre » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:56 pm

I don't really think being an heir makes you special, it makes whatever you get special, but not you yourself. Paris Hilton would not be considered special because of herself, she's special because the Hilton Hotel Franchise is special. Chi isn't really special, she's just riding the coattails of Aku.

I've always viewed Chi as both arrogant, and actually sort of lost, that's why I find her such a compelling character. She might think she can go toe to toe with the other rulers, Mimi, and whoever, but at the same time you have to wonder if she's doing it to try and prove herself. She has so much offered to her, so much handed to her, that there has to be a part that knows she will eventually have to prove herself. She might be fighting Him to prove her ability, to show that not everything is handed to her.
offline
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 12:56 am
Gender: None specified

Re: New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:59 pm

Many famous heirs try to make something of themselves, as to not be covered by their predecessor's shadow. Chi doesn't want to be known as Aku's daughter, she wants to be known as Chi. Paris Hilton is known to let people in for a couple nights.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 4554
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

Postby Pyre » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:52 am

Of course, and that's what makes her great, she's finding her place in the world, much like Junior did in the original story, but unlike him she has a lot bravado and isn't so whiny. As a whole, out of all the characters the she competes with in her thing, for me, Chi is the most attractive.
offline
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 12:56 am
Gender: None specified

Re: New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

Postby Havoc » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:16 am

I think you've got the wrong comic, Randori.

@Pyre: I don't like Chi because she only has two emotions; mad and horny. She's just so one dimensional, and her constant pissy attitude is starting to wear on me. She lives a pampered lifestyle, without a single fuck to give in the world. I know that she's still sorta going through development, but so far, her impression is least than favorable. She's had plenty of time to grow into a more likable, and more developed character, she's had so like 50-60% of the spotlight. Maybe somewhere down the line she'll start to change, but as it sets, I'm getting really sick of her.

If you like Chi, then I respect your opinion, Pyre. But that's just how I feel about it.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1608
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

Postby Mercen-X » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:23 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:The point of the discussions is to try to account all possibilities, share and discuss.

Are you talking to me? If so, why?
Tenshi Nova wrote:
Pyre wrote:Chi hasn't had any great destiny, or anything, but rather she's just living life. There might be something major in her future, and there also might not be, but being an heir does not make her amazingly special.

Also, you say she has no great destiny, but something major in her future. That being the throne of a demon that had once enslaved worlds.

Has Chi ever been told that it is her fate to enslave multiple worlds? Has there ever been any indication that this would be an event in her future that she is incapable of defying?
I don't think you fully appreciate the difference between heritage and destiny. Luke Skywalker was approached by Vader to claim his birthright as the son of Anakin Skywalker to rule the galaxy as father and son. This is inheritance. However, Anakin Skywalker was foretold by a prophecy of millenia past to be the deciding factor between the two sides (the Jedi believing this meant balancing the Force by destroying the Sith... until he went on a rampage and slaughtered nearly all of the Jedi). He eventually fulfilled this prophecy by slaying Palpatine. This is destiny. Has this illustration helped anyone?

All in all, to presume that it is Chi's great destiny to rule enslaved worlds would mean it had been Blossom's ultimate destiny as well (so long as we're going with that Blossom is Chi) because one would not exist without the other.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:58 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:29 am

Mercen-X wrote:
Tenshi Nova wrote:The point of the discussions is to try to account all possibilities, share and discuss.

Are you talking to me? If so, why?

Is there any other point? Why are you here if it isn't for a deeper discussion on these comics?

Mercen-X wrote:
Tenshi Nova wrote:
Pyre wrote:Chi hasn't had any great destiny, or anything, but rather she's just living life. There might be something major in her future, and there also might not be, but being an heir does not make her amazingly special.

Also, you say she has no great destiny, but something major in her future. That being the throne of a demon that had once enslaved worlds.

Has Chi ever been told that it is her fate to enslave multiple worlds? Has there ever been any indication that this would be an event in her future that she is incapable of defying?

Did I say she would? I said Aku has, and that she would most likely have the same potential. Much like your example with Luke Skywalker, he's given the choice, and he had the potential. Actually, your entire example furthers my point, being that Chi does have a destiny. She has her potential, and her choices can effect many.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 4554
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

Postby Mercen-X » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:33 pm

And yet, every time the word destiny is mentioned, you continually bring up her title as Aku's heir insinuating that her destiny is essentially her inheritance. There is a ridiculously vast difference between a prophetic destiny and being born to a legacy. The mistake I feel you're making is that Aku's empire is merely a factor that lends to Chi's destiny. His empire itself is not essentially her destiny. My entire argument is directed at stopping you saying that Aku's empire is Chi's destiny. I don't care about anything else. Sure, Chi has a destiny. She was made from Blossom which ties her to Mimi moreso than her ineffable love for her. She has a place in the war to come. We get that. But she is not the focus... of anything. Junior and Mimi are the focus. Minnie and Chi are slightly to the outside of that narrow focus.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:58 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

Postby tonightscake » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:55 pm

I see Chi as being an unknown with destiny so far. We have no idea about Chi's true past and beginnings other than the fact that it involves Blossom and Aku. We don't know whether she had a predestined fate and until we learn what Aku, Him, and possibly other lords know; then we will be left in the dark and have no idea whether she had a true destiny upon her creation.
Why not?
Lovely Antics
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 4:19 pm
Location: Over the double rainbow
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:19 pm

To say, Aku's empire is not essential to Chi's destiny, is the same as saying, Vader's empire was not essential to Luke's destiny.

The difference between one's destiny and inheritance doesn't matter, in the matter of how much one's inheritance effects their destiny. Of course there's a difference, but that doesn't mean they aren't connected. You can continue your argument as long as you want, but unless you bring something less opinionated, I will firmly believe that Aku's legacy will directly effect Chi's destiny.

I don't recall saying or thinking that, Chi would play a centered role in the oncoming war. I honestly don't like her.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 4554
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

Postby Pyre » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:34 pm

Havoc wrote:I think you've got the wrong comic, Randori.

@Pyre: I don't like Chi because she only has two emotions; mad and horny. She's just so one dimensional, and her constant pissy attitude is starting to wear on me. She lives a pampered lifestyle, without a single fuck to give in the world. I know that she's still sorta going through development, but so far, her impression is least than favorable. She's had plenty of time to grow into a more likable, and more developed character, she's had so like 50-60% of the spotlight. Maybe somewhere down the line she'll start to change, but as it sets, I'm getting really sick of her.

If you like Chi, then I respect your opinion, Pyre. But that's just how I feel about it.

I think the one dimensional attitude she currently has is the result of her sheltered lifestyle, she really never lived or had the chance to live outside of that. Even when she gets into trouble Aku just steps in and rather than actually punishing her, he tries to make her feel better by making her laugh.

The big difference between Chi and the other characters, is that most of them were thrown pretty quickly into the fray of things, and Chi is about to join them after seeing the Blossom flashback. However, for the most part Chi's story wasn't conveyed in the form of flashbacks or whatever, it was conveyed as her currently life, and most of the screen time happened in one day. If you look at Mimi, the one day we got a lot of time with her, when she invaded Grim's realm, we saw her then, we saw her back story before she became what she was, and then saw her development afterwords... So far, we've only lived half of one day in the life of Chi, and we're about to see something explosive happen.

Besides, I actually find that prissy attitude to be adorable, I wouldn't want Chi to become all jaded.
offline
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 12:56 am
Gender: None specified

Re: New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:49 pm

Hm...the way you mentioned Aku's treatment to Chi makes me wonder...does Aku treat her such a way because of his own life being, more or less, self serving OR because of her origins.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 4554
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

Postby Pyre » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:30 pm

I think he just doesn't have much else in his life. Jack was a big part of his life, and for the most part Aku was a god with no real opposition. Even Demongo simply bowed down to him as he does to Chi... Now we know Aku is retired and isn't out to do war, per his conversation with Him, so all he has is Chi, the one person who loves him but is willing to test his temper.
offline
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 12:56 am
Gender: None specified

Re: New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

Postby tonightscake » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:30 pm

Maybe to create Chi, Aku had to split his own being and therefore his personality. Maybe why he isn't maniacally evil is because his evil is divided between himself and Chi (or any other possible sub-being). Just a random thought, but we haven't delved on what Chi's creation could have done to Aku.
Why not?
Lovely Antics
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 4:19 pm
Location: Over the double rainbow
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:57 am

I don't think it would take much out of him like that. I agree with Pyre's assessment of the situation.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18489
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you
Gender: Male

Re: New GT: Definitely should have taken the cannon: 11/20/13

Postby Havoc » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:33 am

Pyre wrote:I think he just doesn't have much else in his life. Jack was a big part of his life, and for the most part Aku was a god with no real opposition. Even Demongo simply bowed down to him as he does to Chi... Now we know Aku is retired and isn't out to do war, per his conversation with Him, so all he has is Chi, the one person who loves him but is willing to test his temper.

I would really like it if Aku and Chi were in danger somehow, as suppose to them just sitting on their asses, not doing shit. Like if someone were to pick Jack's sword back up and continue his legacy. I'm kinda expecting this since Jack's sword was waved in front of our faces. It would be a lot more interesting if they had something to be concerned about, especially since Aku has someone to protect.

Pyre wrote:So far, we've only lived half of one day in the life of Chi, and we're about to see something explosive happen.

Like what? I haven't really seeing anything that would indicate something huge on the horizon.

Pyre wrote:I think the one dimensional attitude she currently has is the result of her sheltered lifestyle, she really never lived or had the chance to live outside of that.

That's a good explanation and all, but it doesn't change my opinion of her one bit.

Pyre wrote:The big difference between Chi and the other characters, is that most of them were thrown pretty quickly into the fray of things, and Chi is about to join them after seeing the Blossom flashback.

We don't know this for sure. I would prefer if she was thrown into the fray like the other characters. I myself would love to see someone break in and try to kill her, and create some tension for a change.

I feel like that flashback didn't have as big of an effect on her as it should have had, but that's just me.

Besides, I actually find that prissy attitude to be adorable, I wouldn't want Chi to become all jaded.

Well I don't. The spoiled rich types never set well with me. Like I said, if you like her, then I respect your opinion. I just really hate her right now, and it's not helping that she's being crammed down our throats when there are far better thing that we could be exploring.

Also, what do you mean by "become all jaded"? Isn't Chi already sorta "jaded"?
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1608
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests