New PPGD 11/12/13 Triumphs From Fear

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New PPGD 11/12/13 Triumphs From Fear

Postby Havoc » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:59 am

CTCFirebird wrote:Even if Buttercup would fly in to attack Samantha, there's a good chance, of how she currently looks, that she'll make Buttercup's plan to attack... Backfire. Who knows what else she has built in her system or what tricks could be pulled off.

I feel like Sam would be too distracted with "why the fuck isn't this sword doing anything?", and might not be prepared for Buttercup's retaliation. Or at least that's one possible outcome. I don't think Blossom could free herself at this point.

CTCFirebird wrote:Agreed. And add a bit of cold shade to Blossom's face once she's been finished (and blood... Just sayin')

Indeed. Also if her eyes were half closed. Her eyes look like that sorta lifeless look you see in anime/manga, when a character is dead or under some sort of mind control.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:22 am

CTCFirebird wrote:You know... No one cared for who Bell was till she put on the mask and if she took it off, it would be extremely painful.

Uh...pretty sure a lot of people discussed Bell's role in all this, the mask didn't really do much except make her look different. Also, I don't see why she'd be in extreme pain from taking it off.

Havoc wrote:Indeed. Also if her eyes were half closed. Her eyes look like that sorta lifeless look you see in anime/manga, when a character is dead or under some sort of mind control.

Also in the many instances where dire shits are about to hit the fan, and the emotionally stable character has a small moment of, "I'm about to destroy...everything..." I know! Go watch FairyTail, they abuse this eye thing every freaking arc.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:25 am

@Tenshi:

CTC was referencing this scene:
Bark

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:31 am

The reference kind of loses meaning when Bell is lying on the ground, protecting Gir, and Blossom is the hostage.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:33 am

Never said he was referencing it well...

No offence CTC.

The whole inclusion of the Bane mask is just goofy anyways. I laugh every time I see Bell wearing it and imagine her speaking in that goofy voice only it sounds more like an insane chipmunk.
Bark

Postby CTCFirebird » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:21 am

@ Tenshi Nova and Mad-Mutt - LOL I kinda was joking at the reference with that. Though, it does bring out something as to why Bell hasn't took off the mask yet. She's sitting on the floor and Samantha got Blossom and Buttercup in a position that was thought that would never happen - only that they are having to be disagreeing with each other which is predicted. Bell could keep her personality even with the mask on. If Bell doesn't want to destroy Gir, then Samantha will have to do it herself. If Samantha and Bell are busy bickering, then I believe that Samantha will loosen her grip slightly and that will give Buttercup the advantage to save her sister, but something else might occur... Samantha might have to blast at Gir and Bell would protect Gir by aiming at Samantha with her own blast. Blossom could still dodge somehow or Buttercup and herself could play it cool while their two opponents argue. Blossom and Buttercup could outwit them so the balls in their court. That way Bell would destroy Samantha. Anything is possible with that. Yeah, that Bane reference doesn't have to be a deep voice, it could sound chipmunk-y - only muffled and a little hard to understand. Bell might take off the mask in a page or two. A lot of anime and manga abuses the eye thing. They focus on expression and it is put to good use at the right time. That way the reader and/or viewer could understand the feeling and what's going on. Just like this page!

About Fairy Tail, what were you referring about exactly? The battle with Juvia and Grey?

@ Havoc - Exactly. I agree with that!
I am the Winner

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:00 am

CTCFirebird wrote: Though, it does bring out something as to why Bell hasn't took off the mask yet.

She hasn't had the chance to do so. Plus it looks badass.

She's sitting on the floor and Samantha got Blossom and Buttercup in a position that was thought that would never happen

A couple people actually brought up the idea before.

Bell could keep her personality even with the mask on.

Why would it change?

That response makes me think you were arguing your own points near the end :p

As for FairyTail, I said every arc. So I was referencing multiple events. Juvia's flashback, Erza on multiple occasion, Mira, Natsu, seriously it happens a lot in FairyTail.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:57 am

Yeah

oh. My bad. I forgot about that.

It wouldn't...

LOL don't get me wrong, I was just speculating the endless possibilities that could happen for the next page or so.

Ok. Yeah, Fairy Tail are one of those examples. If you read manga, that's included there too. They have such a gradient look to them (anime and manga).
I am the Winner

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:11 am

I'm up to date with the manga. :3
The way the eyes are drawn in the 3rd panel is used a lot in many manga/anime to show a sudden state of shock.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:49 am

I understand the meaning why, but it still looks weird.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigmas » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:50 am

:up: Paraphrasing my comment in the other thread.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:02 am

I don't doubt your anime and manga up to date. Anime and manga are both freakin' awesome!

I don't think that being in a state of shock signifies the eyes being gradient, that's more being possessed. State of shock in anime and manga has the pupils dilated or even the whole iris of your eyes. The possessed look has the eyes gradient and barely any pupils. The pupils help signify the life in characters.
I am the Winner

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:31 am

CTC, rather than continuing this, I suggest rereading previous posts.

Also in the other thread, by exposure, I meant you get used to it after seeing it so often.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigmas » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:37 pm

Some things, you never get used to. At the same time, "exposure is part of why it's weird. The puffs eyes have looked the way they did in the show for a while now, so this type of change to Blossom's eyes looks strange. Probably wouldn't be as weird if the style was the way it was a few years ago.

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:09 pm

After enough exposure to anything, one would get used to it. Certain things would just take a long time, maybe even more than possible in a single lifetime for different people.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BoomerRRB 3 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:53 pm

You are All Blind. Obviously you have Forgotten! That is Samurai JACK'S Sword! I Can NEVER Harm The Innocent!

Postby Sigmas » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:56 pm

Yeesh, calm down. We've been debating that topic, and some of us don't trust that concept to bail the Puffs out of this.

That being said, Sam would be blushing a pretty pink if the sword winds up not doing a thing.

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:02 pm

Not to mention if everyone just accepted a single idea while closing their minds to other possible ideas, discussions around here would be boring as hell.

The counter idea is that the sword can be used by good to hurt good. If Sam's objective is righteous in her eyes, or the sword's, then it may hurt Blossom.

Course the obvious answer is that the sword is going to tap Blossom, and Buttercup makes her rape face.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby tonightscake » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:59 pm

How will the sword affect blossom if it can't hurt her? Will it slide or tap off of her when being brought near her throat, or will it be repelled by a mystical force? It may even just glide through her as a ghost-like form. If the latter is possible, then Sam's mistake could be ending her own life with the sword. Seems like the perfect mistake, accidently killing yourself right when you think you've just won.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:25 pm

I was thinking something like that, but I doubt Sam would put enough force to slide straight into her own throat.
Course if certain parts malfunction...
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:45 am

@ Tenshi Nova - I suppose you want me to do what you suggested. That's cool, I got no problem with that, but I, too, have a suggestion for you... To go to conventions and talk to comic book artist or even anime/manga artist or go to an art school and talk to an art instructor about the whole eye situation. Bleedman changed up the style a bit over the years he worked on PPGD and such. So, I guess that is why it seems a bit weird for a few of us, but in due time, we learn to live with it.

Anyway, that's, that...

About Jack's sword, that seem likely to happen. I'm wondering what would happen if Samantha malfunctions and kills herself without Blossom or even Buttercup doing it themselves. If that happens, Blossom and Buttercup would plan to double team Bell, but I think it would be too late cause the explosion gotta happen. I could imagine that with all that flesh and clothes being ripped apart, revealing Samantha's exoskeleton, if you will, she would pretty much malfunction eventually from the fight that happened earlier.
I am the Winner

Postby Eggnog » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:56 am

You're considering Sam may conclude with Seppuku Firebird?
Hmmm... I just want her dead.
Hail to the Huevo
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:25 am

CTCFirebird wrote:About Jack's sword, that seem likely to happen. I'm wondering what would happen if Samantha malfunctions and kills herself without Blossom or even Buttercup doing it themselves.

Awhile back, I came up with the idea that Dr.X could have some sort of remote override implanted in Sam, that would cause her to reactivate the bomb against her will, and kill her in the process.

I'm not so sure about Sam and Bell turning on one-another. I think that would happen only if Sam actively tried to harm Gir.

CTCFirebird wrote:I could imagine that with all that flesh and clothes being ripped apart, revealing Samantha's exoskeleton, if you will, she would pretty much malfunction eventually from the fight that happened earlier.

How would Sam's Flesh and clothing come off again? I still think that this situation could send Buttercup into a blood frenzy, and cause her to kill Sam out of sheer panic and fury. I really would like to see Buttercup kill Sam and regret it.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:48 am

Taking it to consideration, but I'm still going with my beliefs mostly - with Samantha and Bell having to fight each other and the whole remorse thing. I would say that performing Seppuku may not be intentional. There's performing Seppuku, temporarily shutting down for Blossom to break free of Samantha's clutches, or Blossom, Buttercup, and Bell teaming up etc... Like I said: Endless Possibilities! I know it sounds like I'm contradicting myself, but I'm not. The mentioning of malfunction seemed quite interesting.

With the whole Seppuku thing, I thought of Jack's Sword and what it could do. Plus, considering the time left for the explosion to happen. If Jack's sword won't harm the innocent, then it would for those who do evil. I don't think that its easy to loosen Samantha's grip. She is, at some point, being a nuisance for surviving this long and she's a danger with the sword. A) She might perform it or B) She will throw the sword during the malfunction and someone will have to do it and be responsible for taking the life.

There was an episode in Xena: The Warrior Princess where this guy believed to be immortal cause he couldn't be killed by others. So, Xena persuaded/tricked him to test that theory himself to see if that's true. To use it upon himself, Xena handed him a sword and he took it and lunged the blade in himself... He died. So, the only way to kill him was him killing himself.

EDIT
@ Havoc - I remember and agree with you right there. I guess we'll see what happens with that. I'm just speculating the ideas.

Well, as you can see, there's really nothing much left of there. I mean, they were torn like paper during the battle. Not sure if there's anymore flesh left on Samantha's bottom portion. I STILL believe that Buttercup will be the one to end Samantha's life. Like you, that's what I'm really looking forward to.
I am the Winner

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:25 am

CTCFirebird wrote:@ Tenshi Nova - I suppose you want me to do what you suggested. That's cool, I got no problem with that, but I, too, have a suggestion for you... To go to conventions and talk to comic book artist or even anime/manga artist or go to an art school and talk to an art instructor about the whole eye situation. Bleedman changed up the style a bit over the years he worked on PPGD and such. So, I guess that is why it seems a bit weird for a few of us, but in due time, we learn to live with it.

You make a lot of assumptions. When you assume, you make an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'. I don't like people that make assumptions :p
I like cheesy sayings :p

I believe it was suggested that Gir might have an override switch also. In all this drama and panic, Gir could reactivate the bomb.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)