New PPGD 11/12/13 Triumphs From Fear

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New PPGD 11/12/13 Triumphs From Fear

Postby Numa430 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:31 am

Aaand new page is here guys, bleedman is alright!
Under the bed

Re: New PPGD 11/12/13 Triumphs From Fear

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:35 am

Bullets bounce off of them, they can survive in the vast reaches of space which is the most hostile environment known to man, they can go swimming in lava, knives and other blades shatter on their skin, they can renter Earth's atmosphere no problem and they aren't hurt by acid. I guess this might make more sense if they knew Jack's sword was magic (Do they know the sword is magic?), but it doesn't hurt good guys anyways.
That knowledge alone sucks so much of the tension out of this scene so fast its kind of funny to me.
(That's not meant as an insult, for all I know this is suppose to be funny)

Its like that time Mike Brickowski tried to give the girls an acid bath and they realized when it was all over that, "Hey, what do you know acid can't hurt us. I guess we should have known that in retrospect."

Then again, I don't know how close they are suppose to be to the show's cannon so their durability could be nerfed for this comic. But I think BeeAre told me once that they're just as strong as they were in the TV show.
Last edited by Mad-Mutt on Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bark

Postby chaoticangel97 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:43 am

Mad-Mutt wrote:I guess this might make more sense if they knew Jack's sword was magic, but it doesn't hurt good guys.
That knowledge alone sucks so much of the tension out of this scene so fast its kind of funny to me.
(That's not meant as an insult, for all I know this is suppose to be funny)

This, the tension is kind of non-existent for me in this scene. I'm a big Samurai Jack fan so I know the sword can't actually hurt her. Unless the sword's rules don't apply in this comic I suppose. So while the emotion is there in the writing and images, as a reader I just can't feel like I should care that Blossom's got a sword to her neck.

Postby CTCFirebird » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:49 am

Thanks for pointing that out, Mad-Mutt. I think that the sword could possibly cut through the PowerPuff Girls like as if they were regular humans - since its magic. I thought Blossom could break out of a grip like that. Then again, the sword's the main problem. Probably Samantha figured out its secrets to using it against innocent people such as the PowerPuff Girls. Even people with powers could be a danger to others and themselves as what comic books taught us.

I'm interested in the next page. The explosion should happen soon!
I am the Winner

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:55 am

CTCFirebird wrote: I thought Blossom could break out of a grip like that.

Blossom can destroy a meteor into bits. The only reason her and her sisters don't reduce someone into a puddle of goo with every punch is because they're in perfect control of their powers. Most of the time, there was that one time Buttercup put Fuzzy in a wheel chair by mistake.

(Assuming they're as strong as they were in the show.)

Also, if they are nerfed in this, I'm not against it. Its just BeeAre once told me they're powers are just as high in the comic as they were in the show.

(sorry if I'm going all PPG super nerd here and ruining everyone elses fun)
Bark

Postby CTCFirebird » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:04 am

Heh. I, too, am a PPG fan! I remember that. I think this is why Bubbles mostly takes on Fuzzy.

'Nerfed.' Sounds like you play a lot of League of Legends. For League of Legends, gotta Rage LOL. I usually hear that term on there besides the Hasbro thing. I guess its more of an online gaming term... Anyways, its possible that they 'nerfed' or exempted some of their abilities or is currently figuring out more about themselves as they go along. Everyday is a learning process. You learn new things everyday!
I am the Winner

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:13 am

The theory that the sword can be used by good to hurt good is still out there. Ofc evil can't use it to hurt any spirit, good or evil. Someone mentioned an episode where Jack hurt someone good, who was being blackmailed by Aku.

Edit: X-9 episode. A robot given emotions, much like XJ9...hmmmmmm
Anyway X9 obeyed Aku until his retirement. He got a pet dog, Lulu. Aku kidnapped the dog and threatened to kill her unless X9 kills Jack. X9 aware he'd lose tries anyways, and is slain by Jack. :(
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby tonightscake » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:35 am

Was the guy being blackmailed intending to kill jack? If so then he wouldn't necessarily be pure or innocent. Even if he is being blackmailed, he had evil intentions to kill, hurt, or deceive Jack.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:54 am

Well he knew he'd fail. Jack killed plenty of times in the name of his own justice. X9's intentions were to save his pup or die trying. His choice was fight Aku or an unknown Samurai.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby xbox432 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:25 pm

Eh, think Bleed messed up on Samantha's bottom lines in the first and second panel:

No thank you. I'm busy wondering just what will I tell find your little blue sister and tell her how I killed both of you!

Or is it your fault for dragging your sister to come die with you? Who's fault is it, Blossom? - Or is it your fault for dragging your sister along to come die with you? Who's fault is it, Blossom?

Still love the pic though, whether they actually get hurt or Samantha pretty much gets trolled, either way the anticipation is killing me.
And the monkey flips the switch.
Luna Is Best Princess

Postby Sigmas » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:59 pm

Second line referred to Buttercup when talking about dragging her sister down there with her.

Anyway, I know a lot of people are thinking that the sword won't be able to hurt Blossom and they'll all be caught off-guard, yadda-yadda-yadda, beat the crap out of Sam or something like that. But personally, I'm not gonna trust that to bail them out. I'm leaning towards something more like Bell blasting Sam in the face for threatening Gir and calling her a coward.

Then again, Sam trusting that the sword will kill Blossom could be her "mistake" that Dee Dee mentioned.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:00 pm

Blossom's eyes in the third panel keep weirding me out.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigmas » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:01 pm

Agreed... They almost look dead.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:26 pm

Agreed. Blossom looks like she's being possessed. Maybe Bleedman should put pupils (in black) to avoid confusion in the future of his next pages. Her eyes look like she's being controlled by someone.
I am the Winner

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:32 pm

I thought the point was to emphasize the severity of the situation. I recall multiple animated series that do the same.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby rac7d » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:34 pm

Thank goodness bleed is alright.

So Sam and Gir are the only options to repair the bomb. Why is fate so cruel? Cuz we definitely know who aint coming out of here. Then why was gir searching for and analyzing the surrounding area for parts to repair it.

So the sword wont cut.
Sam will go "Huh"
Blossom will take her chance to escape/Toss Sam
Buttercup smash, super damaged,
Bell and gir scrimmage with Blossom and Buttercup, while sam drags herself to repair bomb

(Also why do i feel like there girls should be immune to bullets and swords?)
Gir has enough advance circuitry to repair the bomb, inst his head hollow except for some marbles,a paperclip and a peanut

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:46 pm

rac7d wrote:Also why do i feel like the girls should be immune to bullets and swords?

Because the PPG aren't hurt by those things. Blossom doesn't have any reason to be afraid here, it would be like attacking Superman with a sword, you'd just end up breaking the damn thing. Its like she forgot about the super powered durability thing she was born with which has kept her alive all of these years as a crime fighter. That whole Sherlock mode thing must have really bad draw back if Bloss forgot how her own powers worked.

(Again that's assuming they really are as powerful here as they were in the show.)
Last edited by Mad-Mutt on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bark

Postby CTCFirebird » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:22 pm

@ Tenshi Nova - The severeness of the situation, the pupils would be like how it is in panels 4, 6, and 7. It signifies how helpless the character is of the situation and how heavy or severe it is. Its like a chill behind the spine, you start to get goosebumps, etc. When it comes to panel 3, the character looks possessed. Take Yu-Gi-Oh! for example, there has been several episodes where the character is being possessed by another. You can actually notice the difference in it. You can also use Pokémon The Movie as an example as well, where Mewtwo takes control over Nurse Joy. With that, it doesn't depict the severeness of the issue.

@ Mad-Mutt - It's Superman.
Last edited by CTCFirebird on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am the Winner

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:25 pm

My bad, I got the way you spell his name and Spider-Man's mixed up. My head does funny things like that to me sometimes.
Fixed and thanks for pointing that out. You $^%ing grammar nazi! Nah, I'm just kidding with ya bro.
Bark

Postby Cerulean » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:27 pm

Well, I'm guessing that it is a combination of Blossom fearing death, the pain from her burnt hands and the side effects from Sherlock mode that's giving her pause. Plus, Buttercup got a black eye from Sam's punch earlier, so she may not be aware of the capabilities of Cluster tech/weapons(or that this is Jack's sword (looked for the page, and she saw them (Jack and Sam) fighting, but she was distracted after the bomb was brought up. Although with the stress of this situation, she probably isn't going to remember that, at least not right now).

We can finally see the everyone's position in relation to the bomb.

EDIT: @CTC I think that they do show how serious the situation is. Her eyes are empty/dull (or at least becoming more dull). I was thinking that it properly showed the gravity of the situation hitting her (somewhat similar (if not exactly the same) feeling as someone's face becoming pale?). At least, that's how I felt about them.
Last edited by Cerulean on Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:32 pm

Lol no prob. There are times when we need correcting and things like that. It's cool.

@ Cerulean - That is more panels 4 and 6.
I am the Winner

Postby Cerulean » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:42 pm

What I'm saying though is that I don't think that this panel was put there to immediately show the shock, it was meant to show the transition to the shocked/scared eyes. As in, it is slowly dawning on her that she is not in a good situation right now (notice how she is calling to Buttercup for help here but then later she apologizes to Buttercup (once the situation has finally hit her)). They are starting to dull and shrink to that of the shocked/scared eyes in panel 4 (and later 6). I'm guessing that only a few seconds pass over the course of this page, so for me it makes sense that panel 3 looks the way it does. I don't deny that you can also see these eyes when characters in various shows become possessed or go insane (especially true with yanderes). I just think (at least here) they represent the transition to the state of shock/fear that she fully expresses in panels 4 (and 6). That's just my guess though, so I could be wrong.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby tonightscake » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:05 pm

Too deep for you eyes.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Havoc » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:34 am

So why does Bell still have that mask on? The smokescreen has already lifted, what purpose could it serve now?
If Jack's sword doesn't work on Blossom, who will make the first move? I'm guessing since Blossom is all tied up, Buttercup fly in and attack Sam. That is if Bell doesn't intervene. I'm wondering if Buttercup will kill Sam out of sheer panic. Seeing her sister's life in danger like that might send her into a frenzy.

Blood Lord wrote:Blossom's eyes in the third panel keep weirding me out.

Sigment Kurosai wrote:Agreed... They almost look dead.

I feel like those should be the eyes she would have if Sam does slit her throat. I think Bleed should have just gone with pink dots.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:39 am

@ Cerulean - Ah ok.

@ Havoc - I guess its a fashion sense to be like Bane. You know... No one cared for who Bell was till she put on the mask and if she took it off, it would be extremely painful. For some reason, I dunno why she's not speaking like him through it. I thought she would AND be hard to understand since the mask would make her sound quite muffled. Even if Buttercup would fly in to attack Samantha, there's a good chance, of how she currently looks, that she'll make Buttercup's plan to attack... Backfire. Who knows what else she has built in her system or what tricks could be pulled off.

Agreed. And add a bit of cold shade to Blossom's face once she's been finished (and blood... Just sayin'). Not sure how pupils can be pink, but I guess you're talking about that it would signify she has power like Green Lantern.

Samantha (to Blossom): Dead or alive you are coming with me!
I am the Winner

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)