New GT 10/29: Chi's a weeaboo

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New GT 10/29: Chi's a weeaboo

Postby ari-6 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:39 pm

CrimsonCreed wrote:holy shit... please don't tell me my personal prediction of Chi being Blossoms kid is true. I mean i don't have anything against the idea, but it seriously doesn't make any sense (well to me anyways). Does anyone think that Aku used Blossom's essence or something after she died to create Chi? Cuz i think that makes alot more sense.

No, honestly I do not think anyone has considered that possibility. You are right. It does make more sense.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:32 pm

O_O Mind blown

I never thought of it that way... my god...
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Exodis » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:33 pm

My reaction is spot on.
Randori wrote:WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK!
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

I will persevere, I will resist to hear, I will interfere.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:01 pm

So like...what now?
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:30 pm

Well, normally, people post about relevant topics and such about the comic, and not post off-topic remarks unless they are looking for an excuse to get a warning or banned for a period of time.

I'm getting a little tired of explaining this in about every update thread.

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:33 pm

So! I don't know whether or not this has been discussed or not, but what of Danny? Did he go to the ghost zone to possibly overthrow the current/previous lord?
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:58 pm

The evil dark one ppl. Not the goody one.

The page said Walker, I'm still hoping I'm right about the Walker vs Phantom thing. The fact that the page put Walker on the same level as Aku and Him, is enough to show he's influential, and hopefully powerful.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:47 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:So like...what now?

It's kind of like this every time.

The parts take so long to make that when they finally come out, it takes us... 1, 2, MAYBE 3 days to burn through all possible discussion. Theories, likely ones- unlikely ones... they are thrown out in day 1.

The Updates section is a lot more lively because newbies join every day and talk about it as if it werent 3 days old. On one hand, very lively hastilly updated threads, on the other hand, regurgitated information and low I.Q. posts.

So- what now? What have we done forever? Everything else, now.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby ari-6 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:43 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Well, normally, people post about relevant topics and such about the comic, and not post off-topic remarks unless they are looking for an excuse to get a warning or banned for a period of time.

I'm getting a little tired of explaining this in about every update thread.

I am really so sorry about that. At the time I was not thinking at all about how my off hand remark could be seen as offensive. I should have been more considering of what would happen next. Especially as the person I was acting poorly towards seems to be a relatively new member. That makes this even worse.

I will definitely try my best to avoid acting so stupid in future. I should appologise to that person. He probably hates me now.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:52 pm

My comment was not directed at you Ari. If it was then there would have been a "@Ari" or a quote from you.

Postby ari-6 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:56 pm

I already sent him a carefully worded message of apology, just in case.

I feel like I have become too relaxed in this setting that I forget how to properly speak to and address other people.

Postby tonightscake » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:17 pm

-Browsing the thread to see who dunit- not seeing it, probably deleted the meaness... Either way, back on topic, I feel that unless the warden put in heftier defences or became significantly stronger then he wouldn't be able to fend off Dan from taking over (if he even does).
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:30 pm

!
Is it really this fucking hard for everyone to understand, that unless addressed otherwise, the post addresses the one before it?

Fucking hell, you people are thick as shit sometimes. Ari, knock it off with the repetitive apologizing. My comment was for Tenshi and a general word for EVERYONE TO STICK TO THE GOD DAMN TOPIC AND NOT WANDER OFF SOMEWHERE ELSE LIKE A LOST SHEEP: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50511&p=3426881#p3423020

Tenshi, stick to the damn topic. I've given you a few warnings about doing things like this, and its about as unpleasant for me as it is for you.

tonightscake, your comment wasn't needed on the matter, but now you know a little bit more about forum eloquence.

Bird, meet Tenshi, Tenshi meet Bird. Tenshi has been here a while Bird, he should understand the drill by now. However, you are thanked for your analysis and enlightenment for the other members here.

Yesterdays was really the only one that got the hint. Congrads. You get a gold star from me.

I get one, one more fucking comment from anyone about this, I will lock the damn thread. You got a beef with me or want to discuss this, send me a PM.

Now then, continue discussion on GT. I believe it was on the discussion of Danny and his present location.

Postby Havoc » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:56 am

Okay, lets see. Dark Danny left Grimskull saying that he need to "get back into shape". When I imagine someone like Danny getting back into shape, I imagine he would go some where with a lot of powerful enemies. That place that Minnie and Jr when to in the very beginning of the comic (I forgot what it was called or if it even had a name), I wonder if he went there.

We know he's not in Grimskull, The City of Aku, or The valley of Tainted Souls. If he's considered "weak" in any since of the word (then again he didn't really seem all that weak to me), he might want to try to avoid drawing the attention of someone like an Underworld lord (Waker, Hudson, Him, etc). But that's not to say that he could be somewhere in the Ghost Zone, or Nightoshere where he would draw the attention of it's overseers.

One thing that has crossed my mind with the Ghost Zone and the Nightoshere, is that that they could have just been added to make the underworld seem a bit more "vast". Just a means to an end. I'm hoping this isn't true.

So now that the whole "Chi being Blossom" thing has died down a bit. Does anyone want to talk about that thing BR said, about the world of the living, and the "unwitting accomplice" Mandy has?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:17 am

Are you talking about PPGD? I am confused. BR does not write GT does he?. He is giving away hints on other peoples stories now? Does BR actually talk to NEK or..... I am always confused as to exactly how much communication is going on between these people.

Postby Havoc » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:25 am

He knows about GT to some extent. I'm not sure about the level of communication between them when it comes to GT.

As for what I'm talking about, here's the post:

BeeAre wrote:It's interesting to think of what is happening in GT's non-underworld plane of reality. Who's still alive, for instance. Mandy's got an unwitting accomplice. :0)
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:57 am

BeeAre is immensely smart and thinks ahead hundreds of pages before they are drawn down by Bleedman. Though I'm not sure if I've said this before, I think he gives the Writer of GT too much credit. The writer for GT seems to write in "The Moment."

I mean, let's take Chi's transporting for example. At first, Demongo is sent to scout out and find Mimi. Then I guess the story gets bored of that and makes him find the phone. Then he talks with Chi then out of nowhere, Chi- or at least a part of Chi warps through the phone due to reasons. Now we have Demongo AND Chi looking for Mimi. Now, instead of actually looking for her, they get sidetracked and look at this painting-

Now the story isn't even focused on Mimi anymore now that this "Flashback" has been presented. It's like the writer has ADD. While this makes the story fast paced and constantly seeming alive, I always get a sense of "This was just thought up 24 hours ago" from every page that comes out. I'm not even sure what to call that. I always look forward to the next page and enjoy them, but I always feel like a lot of the information is redundant. Though I guess they DID get a lot of good info from Jeff. Maybe once this flashback ends, Jeff can explain the whole thing, then they can all head to Grim's Castle.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:32 am

I don't see any of what you're bitching about, Bird.

I'm not getting a sense that this was hastily written, or going at the last moment. We have plot elements being introduced for a new story arch that appeals to each character's personality. Take Chi going through the phone, for example, that matches her personality in the way that she wanted to be there and see things for herself; brash.

Now, if you are unhappy with the story or anything, you can always not post or attempt to contact Bleedman or someone on his team to discuss your negative views on such. While you are entitled to state your criticisms in a constructive manner, you won't find much discussion on it. Perhaps a few that sympathize your unique view and understanding of GT will come out.

Might I suggest taking a happier view on things and life in general for you? You seem to have problems with each and every comic, nothing of which that can be done about. In fact, each are showing a distinct and opposite writing style and stage of plot development. You complain with PpGD that its taking too long with the bomb, and it should be at a better pace as GT. However, you praise BeeAre's ability to create a outline, and hammer GT for its supposed "last minute thinking". When instead, both comics are at their own stage in plot development; PpGD is going to the climax, while GT is building its foundation.

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:25 pm

My life is fine, thanks for implying otherwise. It does not have any bearing on my thoughts with this comic, yet I'm wondering if something has happened to you recently; you've been rather insufferable lately.

And hell, multiple times in my post I state that I have and still do look forward to EVERY update GT comes out with. If my having ONE problem with this will cause a wall of fury based text, man I don't even know.

Keep in mind my gripes with GT have only very recently surfaced, hand in hand with the arrival of Chi, the most overpowered character ever known. While the story now has Aku and he's AWESOME, I find Chi the most annoying character ever made.

She has that writer's power, where she can gain abilities due to the writer wanting her to have those abilities and she has no single weakness. So far, there hasn't been a SINGLE thing she hasn't accomplished. She attacked Him and got away with it, she wanted to go to Demongo so she did- I wonder what other crazy ass things she's gonna pull. I'll retract my main gripes with GT and redirect them with my main gripes with Chi. After all, near the end of my post which you apparently didn't read because it would imply that I'm overall happy with the current situation. They extracted a lot of information from Jeff, now they are going to move on. I was just pointing out that Chi is a god damn superhuman and now apparently; she's also Blossom. That's all. If SOMEHOW I don't feel exactly the same way you do about a comic, I guess I'm bitching.

Hey, if me having a different opinion than you about a thing or in this case: 2 things makes you angry, maybe that's something we can work on.
Bird oft Error

Postby Mercen-X » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:15 pm

1) Who is Chi?

Going off the implications of this page, Chi is formed from Blossom somehow.
Why would Aku use Blossom? Why not? Blossom was the mother Him's daughter. Despite that Him seems to have had a hand in her death, it's still a slap in the face for Aku to use Blossom to create his own daughter. Does anyone in the Underworld know that Mimi is Blossom's daughter? If not, Aku seemably holds a valuable chip in Chi.

2) What exactly was Chi seeing?

While it's possible that Chi was observing a painting from the perspective of the dying Blossom, it's more likely a flashback. It's also unlikely Chi would have looked at a second painting without there being some indication that her eyes moved their point of focus. It's be speculated that Chi has some unexplained ability to see visions like these, but it's simply more likely that she shares Blossom's memory.

3) How did Blossom die?

The vision seems to indicate that Mimi was manipulated by Him into killing Blossom (with a dozen or so telekinesis-controlled butcher knives). It is possible that this was a mercy killing on an intense battlefield where Blossom was injured and unable to heal but being in immense pain. It's possible that Him simply brainwashed Mimi to believe that Blossom suddenly hated her. We only really know that Mimi was conflicted as indicated by the tears she shed in the process of this apparent murder.
Another possibility is that this scene had nothing to do with murder, but that Mimi and Him were simply present near a dying Blossom. The bloody knives could be a sign that Mimi embraced her dark side to save her mother from enemies, but arrived too late and Him is there to reassure her she still has one parent.

4) Dark Danny...

I don't think we're gonna see Dark Danny again.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby ari-6 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:24 pm

But we know that Mimi killed her mother. That much I don't think was uncertain. So as far as that angle goes, I doubt it. But I do not Believe that Mimi would just murder her mother because HIM tells her to so I do believe there is an angle we are not seeing.

Birdofterror wrote:Keep in mind my gripes with GT have only very recently surfaced, hand in hand with the arrival of Chi, the most overpowered character ever known. While the story now has Aku and he's AWESOME, I find Chi the most annoying character ever made.

The most overpowered character despite so far having only one power that works? In a series with Grim JR? The most annoying character despite having only appeared in 17 pages including the cover? I know that when she first appeared she was played off as bratty and annoying but I do not believe it is a bad thing that the writer decided to show her in a negative way before revealing her more redeeming qualities. I'm sorry but I just don't see why you hate her so much, most of it seems unwarranted in my opinion.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:35 pm

I think it's bit exaggerated to say we'll NEVER see Phantom again.
There's a high chance he will, or at the very least mentioned.

I dislike Chi AND Junior. That's me. I can respect them as characters, though to an extent. Arguing over why a character is disliked is a pointless after a while. It's a personal opinion, the argument moves from proper reasoning to personal opinions, there's just no point.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:41 pm

I honestly think I see these characters differently to character from most books and shows I watch. If I held them to the same standards by which I decide who my favourite anime characters are, then I doubt I could justify liking any of them. For this comic I kind of like a character if they look interesting, have an interesting back story and do some things that I like every now and then.

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:16 pm

I can respect them as characters too.

I mean, from a purely objective standpoint, Chi is a pretty well designed character. She has a vague yet well established backstory, an interesting design, not to mention having her in the story gives us Aku. That's a BIG plus in my book. I just... well, the easiest I can do would be to compare her to Mimi.

Mimi can't talk, she's emotionally damaged- VERY emotionally damaged, her hands were lopped off, she was forced to kill her mother, then Him forced her to view all the horrible things Mandkind has ever done in the history of ever at a young tender age. Then she goes, has her worst fear put in front of her then has her entire power ripped away.

Chi can shapeshift, has the connections to get out of any diplomatic dispute, can morph through phones and partially clone herself, and now she's also Blossom. Apparently people call her headstrong, bratty and things like that and that's a weakness, that she will grow out of it. Well it's not a weakness, if anything it's a promise that she will grow more overpowered as the story goes on.

Though, I'm starting to come to terms that I'm probably the only person that views this as a negative thing so I'll just watch and see what happens. If peeps don't agree with my admittedly one sided criticisms, that's fine. If nothing else I'm just trying to pad time until the next part appears... so... not sure what to say but it's time to wait for the next part again.

Bird oft Error

Postby Cerulean » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:45 pm

Birdofterror wrote: Apparently people call her headstrong, bratty and things like that and that's a weakness, that she will grow out of it. Well it's not a weakness, if anything it's a promise that she will grow more overpowered as the story goes on.

It may be something that she can grow out of, but then aren't almost all weaknesses basically something you can grow out of/overcome with enough effort/hard work? It doesn't change the possibility that it is still something that can/will hinder her progress in the near future (possibly even distant future if she doesn't grow out of it).

Birdofterror wrote:now she's also Blossom

This hasn't been confirmed in the story yet :/
Heavily implied? Yes, but not confirmed.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)