New GT 10/29: Chi's a weeaboo

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New GT 10/29: Chi's a weeaboo

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:57 pm

Mercen-X wrote:1) Who is Chi?

Going off the implications of this page, Chi is formed from Blossom somehow.
Why would Aku use Blossom? Why not? Blossom was the mother Him's daughter. Despite that Him seems to have had a hand in her death, it's still a slap in the face for Aku to use Blossom to create his own daughter. Does anyone in the Underworld know that Mimi is Blossom's daughter? If not, Aku seemably holds a valuable chip in Chi.

I can only imagine that Blossom could have held a special place in Aku's life. Might have been together at some point. I do think this was heavily influenced by the popular Aku x Blossom pairing. There actually was a comic at some point in time, very close to Bleed's style, that was running with that idea. I believe DemonFlower was involved in it, I had the comic on DA, but it stopped updating.

I don't know if it would be considered a slap in the face. It might have been a "I had to do this bro, forgive me, and here's a piece to remember her by". After which Aku took the soul of fragments, salvaged what could, and made for himself a daughter. Perhaps he did it to give life some meaning and purpose for him as the world lies in ruins and his prime enemy lies dead.

Those that know? I would guess that the information isn't very public. At most, all of the Lords know, which is why Chi and Mimi getting married would be awkward and frowned upon. Although you can draw up a number of other reasos why it might cause a fuss with the other lords, such as two super-powers being united into one.

Mercen-X wrote:2) What exactly was Chi seeing?

While it's possible that Chi was observing a painting from the perspective of the dying Blossom, it's more likely a flashback.

I believe it was a flashback. As the picture held no memory of Blossom's death, or the event itself.

Mercen-X wrote:3) How did Blossom die?

I am under the belief that Mimi did it, but that Him wasn't controlling her. A mercy death seems likely. It's interesting to note that she doesn't have the appearance of being controlled by Him. Her powers are active on its own and she is staring off into the distance, not looking at Blossom, as she reaches forth calling for Mimi.

It makes me think though. If this was a mercy killing, wouldn't you target somewhere that would cause a faster death instead of a Julius Caesar reenactment? Wouldn't you also look at the person?

Mercen-X wrote:4) Dark Danny...

I don't think we're gonna see Dark Danny again.

I'm going to guess that its going to be a while till we see him again.

Birdofterror wrote:Hey, if me having a different opinion than you about a thing or in this case: 2 things makes you angry, maybe that's something we can work on.

You need to stop assuming that I'm angry with you for no reason. I've told you many times that I hold no ill will against you for anything, yet you seem incapable of figuring that out. My offer still stands though, if you have a complaint about the plot development of the story or the characters, it would be wiser to contact Bleedman or NEK. They can at least discuss with you what they are doing, their set up, and plans. Here, nothing can really happen, as I've already noted.

And if you have a issue with me, Bird, you need to discuss it via PM, and not in the thread.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:19 pm

Eh, contacting anyone is a long, arduous process that almost never bears any fruit and is almost always ends with nothing. Hell, Havoc tried for like three months to get in contact with Bleedman. Besides, these little gripes I have aren't really for the ears of the writers. They are little things, personal preference things. Hell, Chi is still in the early stages of Development, who knows? I could end up liking her. Once she has to work for 'anything' of course.

I know nothing can happen through my gripes. Hell, nothing can happen if I were complimenting the story. Everything here is within a vacuum. Except BR of course. He's a cool exception. I wonder if anything anyone has said to him has affected the story? Interesting if nothing else.

What's the fundamental difference between saying I like certain parts of the story or saying I don't like certain parts of the story?
Last edited by Blood Lord on Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Wasn't kidding. You want to keep bringing it up, then take it to PM.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:23 pm

I tend to subscribe more to the "puppet" theory. That Him DID take over Mimi's body and make her kill Blossom, but kept her mind free at the time. Mimi is standing up in the flashback, which we know she couldn't normally do when human (okay she can stand for a little, but the chair is nowhere in sight, so unless someone or something else is keeping her up, her being able to stand so firmly given how weak her legs are seems unlikely). Her eyes are glowing, which could indicate possession (we have no proof Mimi inherited eye lasers from Blossom). Blossoms hand seems in a pleading pose, not likely for someone who wanted a mercy blow (it could block it). Plus you are right, a mercy blow would be a lot quicker. And if it WAS a mercy killing is seems unlikely that Him would have a picture of it on his wall (this may be a flashback, but we know from Hunson's statement Him does have one.
Controlling Mimi also just seems more in line with how Him would operate. Taking over Mimi's body like a puppet and making her kill her mother would be an EXCELLENT start to his goal of utterly corrupting her. And if he did it, he would probably want to make the killing as slow and torturous as possible, to further break Mimi. The painting would be the final touch (to remind Mimi every time she saw it that the person she loved most of all died in unbearable agony at her hand.
The only thing that to Him would be better is If Him had managed to play on Mimi's mind enough she did all that WILLINGLY, that she killed her mother of her own free will for the pleasure of seeing her suffer. If this is the case, it could explain why Mimi isn't making eye contact, it shows Blossom is now nothing to her but a torture doll to maim and kill for her pleasure.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:Controlling Mimi also just seems more in line with how Him would operate. Taking over Mimi's body like a puppet and making her kill her mother would be an EXCELLENT start to his goal of utterly corrupting her. And if he did it, he would probably want to make the killing as slow and torturous as possible, to further break Mimi. The painting would be the final touch (to remind Mimi every time she saw it that the person she loved most of all died in unbearable agony at her hand.

The only thing that to Him would be better is If Him had managed to play on Mimi's mind enough she did all that WILLINGLY, that she killed her mother of her own free will for the pleasure of seeing her suffer. If this is the case, it could explain why Mimi isn't making eye contact, it shows Blossom is now nothing to her but a torture doll to maim and kill for her pleasure.

I like this idea. I think Him got to her, and didn't force her to do it. He has to break her, but keep her loyal to him.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:46 pm

Blood Lord wrote: Her powers are active on its own and she is staring off into the distance, not looking at Blossom, as she reaches forth calling for Mimi.

I was going to say that I feel Bleedman is trying to replicate the look I have seen in some anime where the character, with out looking down, looks down their nose almost, at the body of a dying person, almost in disgust or to show that the person is so far above the act that they no longer feel the weight if killing.

Sorry I couldn't find a better image but this is what I am talking about
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Sigment » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:29 pm

Mimi's powers being active made her eyes glow white. Where her eyes are looking cannot be determined here. However, the tears imply that she is fully aware of what she is doing, and that she clearly does not want to do it. HIM likely told her that he would ensure that her mother would suffer a fate far worse than death if she spared Blossom.

'Course... that's just me.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby silvercover » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:06 pm

yeah that crying part makes it clear that she's not broken enough to enjoy it.

I think the other possibility is more like him managed to make mimi grow angry and hate blossom, that's why there's tears, made him twist up mimi enough for her to blame all of it on blossom.
or him is giving mimi the illusion that blossom is someone she hates(maybe even looking like him), giving her those tears of rage(though she doesnt look angry).

Postby Gundam » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:51 pm

At Least this Flashback didn't take up five to ten pages to show what happened... :P
One weird Snafu

Postby tonightscake » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:40 pm

Him does have the ability to amplify negative feelings and traits such as the deadly sins and feelings of rage, sadness, and abandonment as shown when Him is introduced to Jr while he is in "human form". He causes Minnie to show her true emotion, at an immense overreaction of course, for Jr nearly killing him. Blossom was never around to be a mother for Mimi and she probably felt rejected and abandoned by her for being hooked up to a machine and never seeing her mother. When she is found by Him, he probably gives her enough strength to move, and possibly speak though if not Him would explain why she is angered at Blossom, and the pure locked up and unexplainable rage is unleashed and she kills Blossom and possibly others in a destructive rage. After this, Him probably released the emotion effects so she could realize what she had done, thus leading to her own hatred of herself, depression and make it easier for Him to dominate her and ultimately control her. Just a prediction, but I think it has some promise.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:50 pm

Blossom didn't spend enough time with Mimi? ik she missed a birthday, but Mimi's attachment to Blossom makes me feel their relationship was relatively healthy.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Him forces the extremes out of people, not necessarily their true emotions.

And it wasn't Him pulling the strings at that moment. It was Mimi.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby silvercover » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:25 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Blossom didn't spend enough time with Mimi? ik she missed a birthday, but Mimi's attachment to Blossom makes me feel their relationship was relatively healthy.

well as I already theorized with the original picture of mimi and blossom, they likely had a lot of bonding time in the past, or at least more so than any other character.
but eventually blossom and the others became more busy with their superhero duties as well as mimi requiring a bit more protection so there's a steady decline in her social life until its gotten to the point she's only allowed/has visitors during special occasions like her birthday.

note that with the original pic there was bubbles, buttercup, courage, etc. in it, and now look at the people who were at her birthday at that time. theres her personal nanny jeff, dexter who's role now seems to be an overseer/director for the heroes, and raven who can pop in and out of her own discreet.

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:26 pm

There's the chance that they were busy that day. We don't know when her birthday is.
If it was say, Christmas time, all the villains would need tending to.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:43 pm

Because only the truly evil hate Christmas...
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby silvercover » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:37 am

if that was the case then the military and dexter shouldnt be discussing and talking about the nephilim calmly. also raven's words seem to imply that its quite often enough that mimi's left alone that she shouldnt be crying over it now.

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:43 am

Mimi could've made predictions for the day. Allowing her rest time.

I remember Raven statement coming across as, Mimi is old enough to understand. The being alone part could still have been awkward for her.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CrimsonCreed » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:05 pm

in my opinion, i'd like to say that Mimi could have been born with a split personalty and powers that only Him could have had the key to unlocking. It's kind of hard for me to make any relative sense to how this could be but I know one of you might have more sense of this matter than me.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)