Bee and PuppyCat series Kickstarter! (Update: It Happened!)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Bee and PuppyCat series Kickstarter! (Update: It Happened!)

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:44 am

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fre ... the-series

Now I really have to sort out my bank card to support this. I really enjoyed the pilot, and now Fred decides to put up a Kickstarter campaign to makes to a series. I'm looking forward to this.

Powerful Natasha Allegri!

Do you think this warrants support?

Pilot
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Re: Make it Happen: Bee and Puppy Cat series Kickstarter

Postby ari-6 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:45 pm

Well if this does not deserve to be a series, I do not know what does. Was it just me or did Puppycat say lots of shit and fucks. What are the people who operate the radar doing?
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:59 am

It's in youtube. So they basically can. No gatekeeper should touch something this good.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Dibullba » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:53 pm

Sucks that I can not donate anything since I enjoyed this a lot. Been on such a tight budget this whole month buying all the parts to my gaming cpu and still have 4 more to go that will eat my next paycheck.... then again this does have like 20+ days so probably a paycheck late I might donate.

Postby BeeAre » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:02 pm

kusang help me get a job in the animation industry as a writer PM me with details thanks in advance

i will support this like i support every kickstarter thing of fuckin' course. this stuff needs our help. we're reaching an age where the best things become supported at the beginning by people. that is: content controlled directly by people who want to see that content. that's good shit man. Kickstarter needs to become so big that traditional gated systems become less important.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby dj1107 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:47 pm

Damnit why did I have to get poor at a time like this? I want this to become a reality along with a comic series.
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:59 pm

I'm more or less in the same boat as all of you. I love the cartoon and would donate if I could. But I just paid off a massive Rinkiya bill, so that basically taps me out for the month, and then next month is a stamp and coin show, the month after a rock and mineral one (and the NEXT Rinkiya bill) the month after that ANOTHER stamp and coin. Why did this have to come over the prime buying season?!?
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:23 am

Yeah, I understand. This is just a cool time to support cartoons you really like. If crowdfunded series like "The Reward" and "Bee and Puppycat" pulls through, who needs cable, right?

@Beeare: I'm in the same boat as you. I don't really know people in the industry yet. I'm just starting out, sorry.
Not-an-animator

Postby BeeAre » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:58 pm

Kusang_Manalo wrote:Yeah, I understand. This is just a cool time to support cartoons you really like. If crowdfunded series like "The Reward" and "Bee and Puppycat" pulls through, who needs cable, right?

@Beeare: I'm in the same boat as you. I don't really know people in the industry yet. I'm just starting out, sorry.

You're IN the industry, though. Once you get big, get me big too. You won't regret it, obviously.

Bee and Puppycat deserves glory.

It's only half-way there, though. It's been a week. We need more people to pledge. PLEDGE, NEWBS.

Or at least tell people about the project so they can pledge. Word of mouth. Let's get it together, people. This will not be fabulous enough~.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
BR

Postby rac7d » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:38 pm

I loved this and I'm a big fan of natasha
(Fiona and Cake)
I put in 20 already I wish they extended the time so i could do more
Ill say it again tv is better online as far as cartoon go.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:53 pm

19 Days and 250-something-grand to go. That went well than expected.

@rac7d: When's the last I watched TV? I couldn't even remember. There are so few interesting shows in cable nowadays, dwarfed by half-assed reality shows and talk shows about popular actor/actresses fawning over their wealth. That's basically the TV here. It sucks a fat one. Majority of my time is spent on a computer, watching a webseries, surfing the net, or drawing.
Not-an-animator

Postby BeeAre » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:47 pm

YES!

Goal met! Goal met! TOUCHDOWN DANCE

WOMBO COMBO

WHERE YOU AT

WHERE YOU AT

OHHHH

OH MY GOD

GET YOUR ASS WHOOPED
BR

Re: Bee and Puppy Cat series Kickstarter! (Update: It Happened!)

Postby Dibullba » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:07 pm

*gets out the good wine*
CHEERS GENTS!!!!

Postby dj1107 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:16 am

This calls for a kaiju dance party
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E6t37NRfN8
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby CTCFirebird » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:23 am

Hey, Kusang_Manalo! This kickstarter is pretty awesome! I could see the 12 Principles of Animation in this. Heh, I studied a bit of 2D Animation at Full Sail University. A teacher named Katherine Blackmore taught me. She use to work at Disney doing project like Lilo & Stitch. It was a fun class! I was a Game Art student at Full Sail. I'm planning on going to the DAVE School. Full Sail is mostly about money. One of my friends did the Visual Effects for Iron Man 3 and Thor 2. She works at Stereo D LLC.

You may not be an animator, but of course, like myself, you have to had met the pros in the industry as you are being taught/ starting out animation and learning something very interesting of the fathers of animation like Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnson that they are put in most animations like The Incredibles. They make a cameo shot in there! Have you been to GDC (Game Developers Conference)?

Gnomon Workshop and/or Gnomon School should be teaching some 2D Animation... Surprise they don't have any tutorials/podcasts there.
I am the Winner

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:25 am

Success!! Those who supported Bee and Puppycat should celebrate with pride that they are paving the future of internet cartoons--even if this a small victory.

Good luck Frederator. You better deliver.

I wonder what other kickstarter animation series worth supporting. I remember that short "The Reward" is turning to a series. I can't wait to see that. This is going to be awesome.

@Firebird: I've been to fortunate to meet Hans Bacher in our school. I was able to sit in one of his classes. Alex Nino visited our college one time. He's an amazing artist.
Not-an-animator

Postby CTCFirebird » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:50 pm

Oh, nice. Yeah, Alex Nino and Katherine Blackmore were both involved in the Mulan project as animators. Alex and Hans are great artists. Katherine's friend lead the Tangled film.

If you don't mind me asking, what college you go to, to learn animation?
I am the Winner

Postby Saint Soul » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:13 am

hmm my theory of the function and MO of the entertainment industry looks good so far. Kickstarter and indie-friendly sony help this and is based on what blogtalk radio has done to radio.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:22 am

@Firebird. Studied in De La Salle-School of Design and Arts. Nothing fancy, really.

The Soulchild wrote:hmm my theory of the function and MO of the entertainment industry looks good so far. Kickstarter and indie-friendly sony help this and is based on what blogtalk radio has done to radio.

I stopped listening to my local radio when I found out about podcasts. Too much bullshit in those stations that I'm not invested in. I download art-related podcasts (Guys With Pencils or Chris Oatley ArtCast), and they were great. I listen to this history podcast (Dan Carlin Hardcore History)--and it's more entertaining than my History teacher.

I hope it continues like this. I'd love to see thosee gatekeepers being taken out of the equation in content creation. The myth about the internet taking over TV is more real than they initially thought.

I wonder if the creator of Megas XLR would try to consider making a spiritual successor. If Inafune pulled it off, I hope he thinks about the possibilities.
Not-an-animator

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:01 am

"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)