New PPGD 10/12/13 "Obscuration Pattern: Smokey Whiffle"

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New PPGD 10/12/13 "Obscuration Pattern: Smokey Whiffle"

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:57 pm

Hey GLG. What exactly is a "Naruto villain 360"?

It's a running joke in the Naruto fandom that the villians always turn good in the end.

Zabuza and Haku. Gaara. Nagato. Konan. Itachi. The Kyuubi.   

So Naruto Villian 360 is implying that- if Sam's soul is harvested for use- she'll be like an anti-hero for their side. Assuming most of her insanity and hostility right now comes from being mainly robot.

She chose to be all robot. But that doesn't mean the human in her would still be all crazed like that.

I'm still trying to figure out how this involves the Gods. I assume the Bomb is the main thing that concerns them.

I'm fuzzy on who all is there. There's a shit ton of people. But I can't remember all who after so long- it seems almost obvious that a few if not most of them are on the list of 'people we want to keep moving a while'
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Creppy Eggy » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:13 pm

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:
Hey GLG. What exactly is a "Naruto villain 360"?

It's a running joke in the Naruto fandom that the villians always turn good in the end.

Zabuza and Haku. Gaara. Nagato. Konan. Itachi. The Kyuubi.   

Well shit... I've been in the Naruto fanbase since 2005 and I didn't even know this, let alone hear that phrase.
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:18 pm

It's funny how about two or three years ago, everyone was chanting for Sam's death. Now y'all are getting wet over the idea that she could be saved out of hope.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:40 pm

I at least want her to stay alive so that I don't have to pull some BS to include her in my story.

Though of course I'm always prepared to BS people into it, it's just varying degrees.

Yet the longer this went on the less it seemed like ANYONE was going to survive, now it's starting to look like 'everyone' might.

At this point any theories are based on nothing and predictions cannot be accurately drawn. So I've kind of been on the sidelines for the past couple of weeks.

There's so much to talk about that there's nothing to talk about because it's all so... fragile. The next page it could ALL be gone.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:59 pm

Yeah. I believe that's part of the issue we are having. The other part is this wild card that this third party represents.

What do they want? There is no way you can tell me that two divine representatives and Death are here for a single, identity confused girl.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:50 pm

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:Naruto villain 360

Sorry, but I can't get over this. It's 180. I understand how some villains may have went full circle, but if we talk about them starting as villains(or the point where they are) it's 180.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:48 pm

Anyone familiar with Piers Anthony's On a Pale Horse?
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:54 pm

It's been a while. Isn't that the book that's a lot like the Santa Clause movie with Tim Allen, but with Death instead of a jolly fat man?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:03 pm

I looked it up on Wikipedia, and yes. This is what I saw:

The book focuses on Zane, a photographer about to commit suicide who instead kills Death and must assume his office.

Blood Lord wrote:What do they want? There is no way you can tell me that two divine representatives and Death are here for a single, identity confused girl.

Like I said, it could be the fact that this bomb somehow involves the separation of the GT and PpGD timelines.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:27 pm

I think BR is jerking the chain there.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:34 pm

Kinda of an odd thing to bring up.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:47 pm

Yeah, which makes me question what he's attempting to get at here.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:53 pm

Well I kinda want to say that someone will kill Grim, and take over his job as reaper, but that seems a tad absurd.

Maybe he's just referring the the basic concept of: Person A killing Person B, and and taking over the job of Person B.

That's all I got.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:53 pm

So... Like, DeeDee or Naga taking someone's body?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:07 pm

Didn't BeeAre ask for info on Sam's parents a while back? I wonder if that has anything to do with this?
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:11 pm

Blood Lord wrote:So... Like, DeeDee or Naga taking someone's body?

Seems kinda malevolent for someone like DeeDee. I don't know about Naga though.

The thing I keep coming back to is: Samantha killing Grim with Jack's sword, and assuming the position of Grim Reaper. But again, kinda absurd.

Cerulean wrote:Didn't BeeAre ask for info on Sam's parents a while back? I wonder if that has anything to do with this?

I don't know have these two would relate.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:22 pm

From the summary I read, the story had characters that involved death, death's replacement, satan, fate, a magician, and the magician's daughter. So I was wondering whether or not it was possible that Sam would be filling the role of "the magician's daughter". I doubt that Sam and Grim are going to fall in love, but what if Sam is part of some greater prophecy (or something)? Or maybe she's destined to die?

Or maybe the link between the stories has something to do with Grim not being able to reap any other beings until he reaps Sam (who he didn't recognize previously). That'd certainly put him out of a job. If she died, and he refused to reap her, then no one else would die (or at least that was my understanding from the summary). Unable to reap until he reaps her.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:29 pm

Argh. It's shit like this that makes me tired of this comic. Not going at you, Cerulean. But its this constant befuddlement at nearly every single turn with this comic. It needs to be called Powerpuff Girls: Mystery Inc.

I want to know, or at least understand half of what is going on. But it just seems like every single page is another slip into the rabbit hole. We can't guess at nearly anything now because there is nothing solid to work off of. This is like trying to make a building out of gasses, and Blordy is getting sick of it.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Creppy Eggy » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:18 am

BeeAre wrote:Anyone familiar with Piers Anthony's On a Pale Horse?

Is it good? Based on what I've looked up, it's an interesting read.
Also, what about the other books in the series?
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby BeeAre » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:30 am

Asking a question like that is a little vague for even me. I just wanted to see if anyone was actually familiar.

While the plot itself is fairly pronounced in his book, Piers Anthony spends way too much time on the mechanics. All the books are decent, but they skip over important details like they're nothing. It's surreal how easy Anthony gets caught up in the how of his fantasy worlds and how easy he dismisses a lot of the emotional weight of so many plotlines. It's crazy. Not bad, just. Weird.

Ignore the plot of On A Pale Horse, which is easy to do. Look at the details on how things work in the series. Some of the mechanics of how death works in that series are interesting! :0)
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
BR

Postby Havoc » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:35 am

So what you're saying is, the mechanics of death in On A Pale Horse, are somehow similar to PpGD?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:20 am

That is fair to say, yes.
BR

Postby Saint Soul » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:21 am

i like the direction this comic is going as far as story mechanics. Good job BaRd.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Havoc » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:32 am

Well here's the Wikipedia link to On a Pale Horse: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_a_Pale_Horse

Given what BR has said in the past, I feel like The Watch is canon in PpGD. I also feel like the Jewels and Gems, The Cloak, and some of the powers of the Scythe might also be included. However I didn't see anything about purification. Any thoughts on this?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)