New PPGD 10/12/13 "Obscuration Pattern: Smokey Whiffle"

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New PPGD 10/12/13 "Obscuration Pattern: Smokey Whiffle"

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:45 pm

Flashback anyone? Calling the flashback.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Re: New PPGD 10/12/13 "Obscuration Pattern: Smokey Whiffle"

Postby Sig Skellington » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:01 pm

What do you mean exactly, Havoc? You saying "flashback coming up", or "this is all a flashback"?
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby BeeAre » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:10 pm

Technically this already is a sort of flashback. Really small "back" in "flashback". Maybe... flash ...sideways. >_>
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Havoc » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:14 pm

Sigment Kurosai wrote:What do you mean exactly, Havoc? You saying "flashback coming up", or "this is all a flashback"?

???? I didn't say anything yet. That was Tenshi.

But yes, I do see a flashback coming on....maybe. I also feel like we're about to finally see rather or not Jack's sword is capable of causing harm to one of the puffs.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sig Skellington » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:19 pm

Well, we know how this chapter works, taking place alongside the last one. But Havoc Tenshi's I need more sleep saying (I think) that the Naga's dialogue is leading to a flashback of what he is referring to. If so, I certainly consider it a possibility... Not that you'd tell us if he's wrong, BR.

That being said, I wouldn't have it any other way.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Guardian » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:22 pm

I believe BR just told you that its wrong to think we're going to a flashback.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Havoc » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:30 pm

Well if not a flashback, then what about a simple explanation? Maybe Naga or DeeDee could just 'explain' Samantha's back story?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Guardian » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:32 pm

Why do we need it at this time, or at all? Would that not interfere with the pace of the story? Wouldn't it be better to have Bell reminisce on that fact instead?

You know, now that I think of it. I'm wondering if the bomb is even going to go off with the three here.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby Havoc » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:47 pm

Bell seems to be "down for the count" at the moment. Or do you mean later on? Are you saying we don't need a backstory on Sam? I would like at least some info on her, before she kicks the bucket.

As far as the bomb going off, I'm not sure how/if it would effect the spirits. It's possible that if Grim has some mastery over time, then he could negate the bombs effect for him Naga and DeeDee. Maybe Naga or DeeDee could do the same. All three of them could just teleport away when it goes off. That's all I got.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Guardian » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:06 pm

Havoc wrote:Or do you mean later on?

I was thinking about later.

Havoc wrote:Are you saying we don't need a backstory on Sam?

Personally, at this time, yeah. Eventually, yes, I would like a backstory on Sam. But I want a good backstory, not a few lines of text or half a greyed-out page. But with that, I want to learn how the Dark Star Council was created and organized. A mini-arc on that like GT:FO, I feel, would be more beneficial than just a quick spurge here.

Havoc wrote:As far as the bomb going off, I'm not sure how/if it would effect the spirits. It's possible that if Grim has some mastery over time, then he could negate the bombs effect for him Naga and DeeDee. Maybe Naga or DeeDee could do the same. All three of them could just teleport away when it goes off. That's all I got.

I'm questioning if we saw a "bomb went off" situation, and are now going into a "how it could be prevented" case.

I can't image why else these three would be there. What manner of importance does Sam have to warrant the attention of them and the Gods?

Semper Vigilans

Postby rac7d » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:26 pm

Oh samantha you were such a cute girl what happend to you. :'(
I hope there some slavation coming for you in the next few pages, I also hope there isnt a halloween page of bell dressesd up in a cute costume or somtim

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:29 pm

Have they had a random Halloween page before? I don't recall any.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:47 pm

Hmm, had to look up flash sideways. This is what I found (only place that had a definition was lostpedia):
Flash Sideways:Like flashbacks and flash forwards, flash sideways intercut into episodes' main action a secondary storyline, which covered the centric characters at a different time.

So it looks like we'll be seeing Sam's backstory soon.

I'm not understanding how this situation would put Grim out of a job though.....He's supposedly there for someone who will feel "war" in their soul. And that "pull the wheat from the chaff" statement is an idiom that means "separating the valuable from the worthless". Will he be purifying someone? Is Sam unable to find peace of mind because her mind is mostly (if not completely) robotic? Will that somehow upset the laws regarding life & death?

This is all I can get from this page right now.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:04 am

Blood Lord wrote:Why do we need it at this time, or at all? Would that not interfere with the pace of the story?
This story has a pace?

This event has been going on for three years!! :?
Blood Lord wrote:Personally, at this time, yeah. Eventually, yes, I would like a backstory on Sam. But I want a good backstory, not a few lines of text or half a greyed-out page. But with that, I want to learn how the Dark Star Council was created and organized. A mini-arc on that like GT:FO, I feel, would be more beneficial than just a quick spurge here.
I agree completely. I feel like such a small detour would be detrimental to the story as a whole and mess up the whole... pacing...

But regardless, didn't BR at one point say that Samantha's backstory would not be fleshed out? I forget the reasoning as it was so long ago, but I think I heard someone say this.
rac7d wrote:Oh samantha you were such a cute girl what happend to you.
Puberty.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:05 am

Perhaps the celestials already know the outcome here, through seeing the future or stepping back or existing outside of time, it's their flashback or something from their point of view.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Guardian » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:12 pm

Birdofterror wrote:This story has a pace?

This event has been going on for three years!! :?

Which is the fault of the artist, not the story.

Birdofterror wrote: didn't BR at one point say that Samantha's backstory would not be fleshed out? I forget the reasoning as it was so long ago, but I think I heard someone say this.

I have no idea. I don't remember him saying that, just a lot of people calling for it.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:21 pm

First off, are you aware your image is broken, bro? Just as long as you know.
Blood Lord wrote:Which is the fault of the artist, not the story.
Oh, really? I don't see how it could, the way I see it the artist is merely there to capture the feeling through art- not story nor to keep pace. Yet if I'm wrong, do you care to enlighten me?
Blood Lord wrote:I have no idea. I don't remember him saying that, just a lot of people calling for it.
Eh, once again, I'm not sure the reasoning behind it, but I'm almost certain it was BR who said that Sam would not get a backstory filler of her own.
MQuinny1234 wrote:Perhaps the celestials already know the outcome here, through seeing the future or stepping back or existing outside of time, it's their flashback or something from their point of view.
Perhaps, though that would make this entire part kind of pointless. Why debate or mull over this if they are already certain of the outcome?

Maybe Naga knows, but I think everyone else- Grim and Deedee included don't.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Guardian » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:24 pm

Birdofterror wrote:First off, are you aware your image is broken, bro? Just as long as you know.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=51556&start=3100#p3439870

Birdofterror wrote:do you care to enlighten me?

The time elapse of the story isn't the fault of the story, but of the artist (Bleedman) for taking so long with everything and slowing the progression of the comic. Hence why it feels like this has gone on forever when its actually going rather well when you sit back a read it.

Birdofterror wrote:Eh, once again, I'm not sure the reasoning behind it, but I'm almost certain it was BR who said that Sam would not get a backstory filler of her own.

*shurgs, really not giving a damn about Sam.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:51 pm

Oh, you're intentionally making it a broken image. I can see the appeal.
Blood Lord wrote:The time elapse of the story isn't the fault of the story, but of the artist (Bleedman) for taking so long with everything and slowing the progression of the comic. Hence why it feels like this has gone on forever when its actually going rather well when you sit back a read it.
Ah, I see what you're saying, but allow me to provide a different view of the same situation.

Perhaps Bleedman is told to draw a certain situation, and he does? Maybe he can only move as fast as the story is told to him? I mean- Bleedman wasn't always slow. Some of his chapters moved fast and covered a lot of ground. A good example would be the battle between Dexter and Mandark. During the same page, Blossom attempts to break out in 3 different ways, and Dexter and Mandark fight with 3 different sets of weapons. That was 1 page.

If it truly is Bleedman, a good cure for this slowness would be a return to his roots, multiple core thing happening in one page. It feels like everything is happening at half pace. A good example would be the fight between Bell and Blossom, how each panel is her dodging and talking to herself like Sherlock. That goes on for a page, then another page is her landing one attack, then another page is her pinning Bell to the ground and charging her eye lasers, then another page is the lasers hitting.

In theory, that could all be done in one page. This seems to be the core problem. The pacing is off and has been off for a while. Is it Bleedman's fault? Or the writer's? If Bleedman chooses to make these parts like this, it's Bleedman's fault. If the writer chooses to make the parts like this, it's the writer's fault. One could argue it's no-one's "Fault" due to it not being an actual problem. Well, a good example of that not being the case would be Sugar Bits. It was so famously out of sync with itself that the story even had inside jokes pointing to it then the story scrambled to end itself as fast as possible.

Yet, what you say the other time is also true. I've recently gone back and read the story again from beginning to end and the pacing doesn't seem TOO off from a standstill. But then I remember that we've had multiple April Fools' jokes throughout this single encounter and my cynicism kicks in. Mostly in the form of "We could have had so much more in this given time."

But that without any debate IS Bleedman's fault. :)

Bird oft Error

Postby Guardian » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:54 pm

Birdofterror wrote:The pacing is off and has been off for a while. Is it Bleedman's fault? Or the writer's?

Ask BR. I've already given you my opinion on the matter.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:06 pm

BR is usually very vague when I ask him things about the story. :O

Thanks for your side, though. Let's do this again sometime.

Bird oft Error

Postby Guardian » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:10 pm

I dunno if he would react the same way if you ask him about the pace of the story. Worth an attempt, I guess.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Sig Skellington » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:31 pm

One of the main reasons PpGD's so slow is simple: Almost all of Bleed's attention right now is on GT. Most likely BR has many of the next few pages already laid out, but obviously we can't see 'em if Bleed doesn't draw 'em. Not quite sure why he's focusing so much of his attention on something that doesn't seem to interest many of us as much as this does.

These days, it feels like we get a new PpGD page for every five to eight GT pages that he puts up.

The Resident Smartass

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:51 pm

Just gonna wiggle my way in here-

GT just got a new writer, didn't it? I kinda thought Bleedz is just getting used to it my focusing on GT a certain amount. While PPGD has had it's course laid out for a while, with no worries.

So Grim is going to save someone? or at least the soul for them to use/interrogate/pull a Naruto villain 360? Oh, it occurs to me that maybe the mistake is making the bomb go off and Grim'll be saving everyone because this many people full of info and power dying is Excuse lack of a better word rlyrlyrly bad?

I think we'll get info on Sam. At least a little. And not in a way any of us can predict. Since she's the one that would me most allowed to just stay dead.

Either way, she'll get sympathy just for being such a lost soul..... Unless we get some sort of Naruto-villain 360

And I've been meaning to ask- Had BR said the RRB would appear in the next story arc? I thought someone had said something about they would have to do with things later.
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Havoc » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:37 pm

Hey GLG. What exactly is a "Naruto villain 360"?

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:I think we'll get info on Sam. At least a little. And not in a way any of us can predict. Since she's the one that would me most allowed to just stay dead.

Hopefully we'll get some info on her. It kinda sounds like Naga was segueing into something past-tense in that last panel. I assume he was referring to Sam.

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:Either way, she'll get sympathy just for being such a lost soul.

I'm kinda hoping for this.

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:And I've been meaning to ask- Had BR said the RRB would appear in the next story arc? I thought someone had said something about they would have to do with things later.

Well, encase you're not aware, BR has said that the RRB will be coming back at some point. But he just hasn't said when.

Cerulean wrote:Hmm, had to look up flash sideways. This is what I found (only place that had a definition was lostpedia):

So basically, it means the switch back and forth between the present story, and something that happened in the past, right?

Cerulean wrote:I'm not understanding how this situation would put Grim out of a job though.

At first I thought, "the entire world would be destroyed, and there would be no one left for him to reap". But now that I think about it, it might be a case of, "What DeeDee and Naga are asking of Grim, somehow goes against protocol, and he could get in trouble with whomever his superiors are".

Cerulean wrote:He's supposedly there for someone who will feel "war" in their soul. And that "pull the wheat from the chaff" statement is an idiom that means "separating the valuable from the worthless". Will he be purifying someone? Is Sam unable to find peace of mind because her mind is mostly (if not completely) robotic? Will that somehow upset the laws regarding life & death?

I think you're right about him purifying Sam's soul somehow. I don't know if he'll just remove her soul from her body, or if he'll have to somehow cleanse her soul itself.

I'm wondering if more than one person here could be killed. Do you think it's possible that Grim is both; going to save on of the Puffs, and Sam's soul?

I'm still trying to figure out how this involves the Gods. I assume the Bomb is the main thing that concerns them.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)