New Powerpuff Girls D: "A Case Plead With Death" (9/22/13)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Powerpuff Girls D: "A Case Plead With Death" (9/22/13)

Postby Exodis » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:52 pm

PPG is STILL not affiliated with GT!
Or is it... nope, it isn't.

Also, DEEDEE IS ANGEL! ASKFJJA TEARS ARE COMING.
I will persevere, I will resist to hear, I will interfere.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Universal Swordsman

Re: New Powerpuff Girls D: "A Case Plead With Death" (9/22/13)

Postby BeeAre » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:02 pm

You posted this thread as a new GT. I edited the thread title, ya newb.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Guardian » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:05 pm

Wait, that's DeeDee?
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Sigment » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:07 pm

Yup, in very heavenly garbs.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Guardian » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:08 pm

Hmm. Interesting.

And it seems as if my prediction was right. :3
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby BeeAre » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:14 pm

What prediction was that, Blordy.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Exodis » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:21 pm

BeeAre wrote:You posted this thread as a new GT. I edited the thread title, ya newb.

Me so sorry BeeAre. :c
I will persevere, I will resist to hear, I will interfere.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Universal Swordsman

Postby CTCFirebird » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:52 pm

I knew Naga would come back!
I am the Winner

Postby Hiroko » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:22 pm

I'm really liking the colors and the astral parts of this page.
Probably because it looks so pretty and sparkly. So many sparkles. ouo

Also I just realized that we really haven't seen DeeDee in quite a while. The drastic change in style since we last saw her (that I can remember, anyway) really highlights that. o-o
The Sentimental One

Postby Cerulean » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:42 pm

Indeed, it is a beautiful page c:

Her outfit change makes me wonder whether or not she has since received some sort of promotion too?

DeeDee and Naga being acquainted with each other was a surprise (for me). I'm going to have to rethink a few things.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:35 am

Holy shit. This was an amazing page. I did not see any of this coming. Jesus, where to start?

Looks like I was somewhat right about Naga. I just wonder which "she" DeeDee was referring to? Naturally, I what to say Samantha. That they are referring to that fact that she'll fuck up and die, or something. But I'm not 100% on that.

Hiroko wrote:Also I just realized that we really haven't seen DeeDee in quite a while. The drastic change in style since we last saw her (that I can remember, anyway) really highlights that. o-o

You're right. I think the last time we heard about DeeDee, was when Dexter was mentioning her during the crisis, and comparing her to Bubbles.

Cerulean wrote:Her outfit change makes me wonder whether or not she has since received some sort of promotion too?

Possibly. She doesn't appear to be your typical disembodied soul. I kinda like the idea of this. Also I love her new outfit, it's awesome.

Blood Lord wrote:Hmm. Interesting.

And it seems as if my prediction was right. :3

Which prediction are you talking about?

Cerulean wrote:I'm going to have to rethink a few things.

Me too. I'm gonna need a moment to digest this. There's a lot to take in here.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:09 am

Yeah, I feel the same way about rethinking some things. Heh, I remember when I mentioned Naga and someone was like "oh yeah I totally forgot about him." I still think Naga would help Bell, but gotta have something like that confirmed in a few pages. This IS an AWESOME page - background and everything! I liked how Grim is ready for them, but being stopped all the time like that. I feel that Naga and DeeDee would stop him from doing his job like how DeeDee convinced him to have Blossom live. I feel like Bell can only see Naga and she would see him in the next page or two. I think Naga can make himself be seen and not be seen by people.

@ Blood Lord- Yeaaahhh... Which prediction are you talking about? >_> LOL

Would also like to add that a friend of mine... Troy Little of IDW Publishing will be doing PowerPuff Girls. The comic will be coming out later today. Support! :D
Last edited by CTCFirebird on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am the Winner

Postby duzzkiller » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:12 am

Too hard to believe that is Deedee.Very different then before.
BTW,what original cartoon does Naga reference to?

Postby Cerulean » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:16 am

He isn't from a cartoon, he's an original character that was created by Seiryuga (I think).

On the topic of Naga though, I now believe that he made his appearance known (only) to Bell after the bomb went off on the moon. It would explain why Gir couldn't see him. It'd also explain why no one there can see them now. So I guess he was just investigating when he made himself known before?

I also get the feeling that we are about to get some background information on Sam. When Deedee said that "She makes a mistake" I took that as meaning that Sam was about to make a mistake. As someone who values life (DeeDee), this mistake could mean that she (Sam) is about to give up on the last pieces of her humanity. If she isn't already full-metal, maybe she was injected with a parasitic machine that would enable her to become full metal should she require it. Or something...

In any case, Grim doesn't seem to consider Sam a being worthy of notice (it sort of seemed as if he was implying that she was no longer human and therefore didn't deserve the opportunity to be reaped). I'm guessing that DeeDee's argument would then be that because she was once human (or maybe due to the trauma that she has experienced), she deserves the opportunity to find eternal peace? It sort of feels like we're about to dive into her back story (at least that's what it feels like to me). Only question is how Naga fits into this picture.....
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:25 am

Earlier this week, a friend reminded me that DeeDee was going to return, and that she was aware that she was going to, meaning she might've known of these events. That also made me question where Billy, Mandy and Grim were. The fun. xD

I enjoy the questioning of humanity idea. c:
Makes me wonder tho, wouldn't Grim reap her once she throws away the last of her humanity? Leave the body and take the soul?

I do question their position though, does Dexter's glasses not read their energy? That way they could stay all the way to the explosion. If it can, then would that mean they came and left before?

And to join the bandwagon. :D Blood, prediction?
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:03 am

Cerulean wrote: Only question is how Naga fits into this picture.....

I think he is here as "devil's advocate", literally. Note the title Grim refers to him by, "vicar of the Dragon". Satan is often referred to as "The Dragon" so Naga could be his advocate/enforcer (remember, one of the Pope's official titles is "The Vicar of God". That would also explain why DeeDee is here. If she has indeed been promoted it could have been to Heavenly Advocate (or whatever the title would be). In which case, we have the classic trope; a representative of Heaven and a representative of Hell meeting to determine the fate of a soul who is dancing on the line. That would also explain why they know each other; they've probably met many times before for similar determinations. Grim is there both to assess if Sam even still HAS a soul (if she doesn't, the whole argument would be ambiguous) and to collect it if she does.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:13 am

I'm liking this idea more and more. Grim seems to be the judge of many things.

Not recalling if anyone mentioned it yet, but when Grim said there were 3 girls, he purposefully left Sam out. It also seems to me that Naga wishes for DeeDee to win out.

Also.the implication that there are more Reapers, than just Grim.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:57 am

Okay, two things.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT NAGA.

Also Panty shots make their grand re-entrance with full steam ahead.
Tenshi Nova wrote:Also.the implication that there are more Reapers, than just Grim.
Well there are like Mars and Uranus reapers. It was shown in Grim Adventures.
Tenshi Nova wrote:And to join the bandwagon. :D Blood, prediction?
I would like to know as well. I'm not sure how anyone could actually predict this. It was so far out of the left field, it's like predicting that a bird will get in the way of the game winning pitch and mess everything up.

How can you possibly accurately predict a third party involvement within a battle? It could be anyone!

Edit: Oh wait, he didn't predict Naga and Deedee. He predicted Grim. I see now.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby CrimsonCreed » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:20 am

huh... a panty shot... haven't seen one of those in a while in PPGD
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:23 am

I can see naga intervening later while bell is still in a bezerk stage. Hopefully calming her. That's probably just wishful thinking.

I like to think of Naga as a less creepy version of GMan who is equally enigmatic.
Undisputed best cosplayer of snafu

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:54 pm

I think Blood's prediction was an entrance by Grim.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:43 pm

I know, I made an edit highlighting that. I figured it out when I went to make a post in the predictions thread.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Cerulean » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:03 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Makes me wonder tho, wouldn't Grim reap her once she throws away the last of her humanity? Leave the body and take the soul?

Hmmm, I hadn't thought about this. I was still thinking in the terms of her soul still being alive once she goes full-metal. Although I suppose to be a full machine you'd have to kill all human aspects of yourself. Hmmm, I need to think about this a little more.

Mon-Kitsune wrote:I think he is here as "devil's advocate", literally. Note the title Grim refers to him by, "vicar of the Dragon". Satan is often referred to as "The Dragon" so Naga could be his advocate/enforcer (remember, one of the Pope's official titles is "The Vicar of God". That would also explain why DeeDee is here. If she has indeed been promoted it could have been to Heavenly Advocate (or whatever the title would be). In which case, we have the classic trope; a representative of Heaven and a representative of Hell meeting to determine the fate of a soul who is dancing on the line. That would also explain why they know each other; they've probably met many times before for similar determinations. Grim is there both to assess if Sam even still HAS a soul (if she doesn't, the whole argument would be ambiguous) and to collect it if she does.

I wasn't aware of that (Satan being referred to as the dragon). Now that I am aware of it, I think that it ties in nicely with the Tlalocan talk that was being had in the Comic section last update. After reading some more information about it, it would seem that Tlalocan was often thought of to be both the first level of the Aztecs' thirteen heavens and the ninth level of the Underworld (mostly due to Tlaloc being the 9th lord of the Night).

Here's an interesting quote from the Tlalocan wiki:
Tlalocan wiki wrote:As a destination in the Afterlife, the levels of heaven were reserved mostly for those who had died violent deaths,[4] and Tlalocan was reserved for those who had drowned or had otherwise been killed by manifestations of water, such as by flood, by diseases associated with water, or in storms by strikes of lightning. It was also the destination after death for others considered to be in Tlaloc's charge, most notably the physically deformed

If she dies via electrocution, then that would be a violent death. On the other hand, I guess she can also be considered to be physically deformed since she is currently half robot/half human.
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:31 pm

Birdofterror wrote:I would like to know as well. I'm not sure how anyone could actually predict this. It was so far out of the left field, it's like predicting that a bird will get in the way of the game winning pitch and mess everything up.

Which bird would that be, Birdot? A Firebird or a Bird of Terror? lol

Birdofterror wrote:Edit: Oh wait, he didn't predict Naga and Deedee. He predicted Grim. I see now.

Ah, okay, but I think we knew Grim was gonna be there. DeeDee was surprising to me, but I guess when there's a fight to the death, Grim and DeeDee will be there. Grim will be ready for them and DeeDee will convince Grim not to... You know... But, yeah, I am interested in what Blood Lord have to say since we're kinda putting him on the spot. Ima double check on the Prediction's Page.
I am the Winner

Postby Guardian » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:39 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Makes me wonder tho, wouldn't Grim reap her once she throws away the last of her humanity? Leave the body and take the soul?

What is the soul? Is it a spiritual substance that dwells within the body or the consciousness of an individual that gives way to the expression of personality?

bwhaha, I'm reminded of our Skype conversation with this. I need to go work on those today.

Tenshi Nova wrote:I enjoy the questioning of humanity idea. c:

Same.

Tenshi Nova wrote:I do question their position though, does Dexter's glasses not read their energy? That way they could stay all the way to the explosion. If it can, then would that mean they came and left before?

I believe they are giving off a different sort of energy that Dexter's glasses would not be a tuned to. That and I think they are standing on a different plane of existence and are looking into the situation. It would be like standing in another room with a huge sheet of one-way glass.

Cerulean wrote:He isn't from a cartoon, he's an original character that was created by Seiryuga (I think).

Naga was created by Seir.

Mon-Kitsune wrote:I think he is here as "devil's advocate", literally. Note the title Grim refers to him by, "vicar of the Dragon". Satan is often referred to as "The Dragon" so Naga could be his advocate/enforcer

I think Naga holds more of a Eastern influence than a Christian one.

Tenshi Nova wrote:Not recalling if anyone mentioned it yet, but when Grim said there were 3 girls, he purposefully left Sam out

That would tell me that he doesn't consider Sam alive/ a living being and considers her to be a creature of bolts and nuts.

Birdofterror wrote:I would like to know as well. I'm not sure how anyone could actually predict this. It was so far out of the left field, it's like predicting that a bird will get in the way of the game winning pitch and mess everything up.

How can you possibly accurately predict a third party involvement within a battle? It could be anyone!

Look at my role at Snafu, remember who my superior is and what he does, and that our relationship involves talking (typing) quite a bit. That should tell you how I knew this.

Course the prediction was made to be vague so you wouldn't know if I was talking about PpGD or GT, but that seems like it didn't work.

CrimsonCreed wrote:huh... a panty shot... haven't seen one of those in a while in PPGD

INORITE? I'm just waiting for the people who get offended by such things to show up. They are so funny!

Semper Vigilans

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)