Switch to full style
The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.
Topic locked

New Grim-Tales: Cannonball Express (9/10/12)

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:39 am

Well finally we come back to Demongo.
Is it me or is it a coincidence that there's 420 text messages...?
Hmm... probably just me.
Last edited by Blood Lord on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Image issues.

Re: New Grim-Tales: Cannonball Express (9/10/12)

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:25 am

Every time I see that picture of Blossom and Mimi, it fills my heart with such sorrow. :'(
Also those henchmen. I recognize them from the pilot episode of Samurai Jack.

EDIT: Given what the Demongo said, I have to wonder if Blossom's soul is somewhere in his realm.

EDIT 2: I'm pissed that we didn't get to see what's in the box Minnie had. Then again, I should have expected as much coming from this comic. >:[

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:56 am

What's that weird-looking worm there?

Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:24 am

Just a random demonic beast?

lol "Ride them of their eternal regret and plight." Some word mistakes are less forgiving than others.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:29 am

Havoc wrote:Every time I see that picture of Blossom and Mimi, it fills my heart with such sorrow. :'( [
I get what ya mean, seems like Bleed made that pic just to twist the knife in our hearts just a little more eh? Oh and look, Demongo made a new friend! They can discuss important topics like: how to get your adorable demonic brat of a ward to bed, soul ball jokes, and what total jerks their masters are! lol

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:55 am

Imagining the guards' voices just make that panel even funnier.

Him must be very confident if anyone could just waltz into his office like that.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:23 am

"Will Ride them of their eternal damnation."

It's very hard to continuously take the story seriously and focus on key aspects when all I can think about are spelling errors.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:08 am

Yep, as I said, some mistakes are less forgiving than others.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:08 pm

I love the last panel with Demongo and Jeff looking at each other like what the?

Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:07 pm

Last panel: blob love at first sight.

I find it kindof eerie that Him has a portrait of his horrendously murdered ex and traumatized eternally by none other then himself daughter right there in his office.... Eeek.

And there are ALOT of text mistakes in this panel. Whatthefiddle?

Oh, hey- is it me or is there a wallpaper picture on Mimi's phone in it's first panel? Looks like Chi. Don't remember if we already saw that. Think we did. Then it magically changed to missed messages. Silly easter eggs. Everywhere.

Sooo...... Are we just getting an update that Demo gets what's going on now, or are we back to Chi and we're going to see her high-tail it to create the incestuous magical girl death squad with Minnie?

Huh...... The possibilities~

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:13 pm

I think the wallpaper thing was actually Chi trying to contact Mimi again

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:22 pm

Makes sense to me. Chi's been spamming Mimi since her intro.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:37 pm

Joker-Undead wrote:What's that weird-looking worm there?

What worm?

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:38 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:
Joker-Undead wrote:What's that weird-looking worm there?

What worm?

That thing in the background for half the page.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:16 pm

IT JUST RANDOM DEMON THING FOR TRUTHS

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:06 pm

Birdofterror wrote:"Will Ride them of their eternal damnation."

It's very hard to continuously take the story seriously and focus on key aspects when all I can think about are spelling errors.

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:And there are ALOT of text mistakes in this panel. Whatthefiddle?

Hot sandwich! You guy are right!
I thought Bleed got a new editor so shit like this wouldn't happen.

Also the page isn't showing for me in this thread. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:16 pm

I was. Is it showing up now?

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:17 pm

Yes it is. Nice work, BL.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:23 pm

Awesome.

Just to add to the grammar thing, why is the second guard answering a question with a question of his explaination? Shouldn't it be a full stop (a period) instead of a question mark?

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:27 pm

You're right. Jesus, the more we look at the grammar in this page, the worst it gets.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:17 am

Personally, if I can understand the sentence despite a grammar/spelling error, it doesn't bother me at all. I took one look at that sentence, quickly thought "I think they meant to type 'rid' here," and then carried on reading the page. Another look shows that this error has now been fixed on the page. That's why the image broke earlier, because the comic was edited and re-uploaded and the old link didn't work. Anyway, my point here is that, unless the spelling/grammar is a consistent issue or severely impacts the quality of the page, it really shouldn't be a big deal.

If I recall correctly, the realms of the underworld and Hell are entirely different places. For those that don't make it into Heaven, I wonder what decides where they will be spending eternity. Which of the sinners are sent to Hell, and which ones are sent to The Land of Tainted Souls? Ghosts are obviously sent to the ghost zone, but that makes one wonder how you become a "ghost." Perhaps you only become a ghost if you have reason to stick around the world of the living after your death, but you don't become a ghost if you immediately proceed to the underworld/Hell after you die. There's also the issue of "living" beings in the underworld, such as Mandy, Him, and Aku. Would killing them really accomplish anything? We've seen with Minnie that dying is more of a hindrance to denizens of the underworld than a permanent end.

Just trying to raise a few discussion points so we have something better to discuss than grammar and hellish worms that are just part of the scenery.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:53 pm

that is a good point Slendy I wonder what decides where you go in the Underworld too

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:11 pm

Hmm. Whatever adjustment you made, Blood, it's pushed some of the page off of the thread wall.

I've always thought of the Ghost Zone as being just a parallel dimension the Fentons created by accident.

Has there ever been any mention of Mindy in either comic? I've always liked her. o.O

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:14 pm

Mercen-X wrote:I've always thought of the Ghost Zone as being just a parallel dimension the Fentons created by accident.

I...I...I don't...I
I don't know how to react to this.
I just...I...I think I'm done for the night...

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:16 pm

I'm at a loss for words as well...

Mercen-X wrote:Hmm. Whatever adjustment you made, Blood, it's pushed some of the page off of the thread wall.

wut?
Topic locked