Grim-Tales: War-Machine (06.09.2013)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Grim-Tales: War-Machine (06.09.2013)

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:15 pm

ari-6 wrote:"Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." This saying actually has a name I think. Something "edge". I wish I could remember.

There ya go, that's it.

This is my guide when it comes to figuring anything out, not just the comics. You judge as much of the situation as you can, consider facts, and then draft up the theories. Some would argue that this method of thinking would only create one logical way of thinking, and diminish others. That isn't the case as the evidence can at times produce multiple theories, such as the bomb in PpGD, the division between PpGD and GT, Jr's father, and the feedback theory of Mimi which occurs when Jr kissed Minnie. The limiting factor is the facts, that's it. Once you wander away from the facts and begin to look for things that prove your idea or your interpretation of the event, the truth becomes distorted which can happen at several different degrees depending on how much of a stretch the idea is.

The other thing you'll see is that there appears to be a held "dominate" theory or two that exists over others. Sometimes its because that's how it is and there is very little to argue against it, other times there is little to no opposition because no one wants to argue it out against the man with a Blue name for fear of banishment, or because they don't want to cause offense, or because feelings get hurt. All of which is bollocks. Don't even let such thinking exist in your mind. If you have a differing opinion on something, go to voice, but expect it to also be challenged.

ari-6 wrote:Also Freud? Were not most of his theories discredited?

"Discredited" is such a harsh word when it comes to psychology, which I personally believe its not a true scientific field, but more like the science of philosophy. but that's just me as I compare it to other scientific fields.

A lot of Freud's theories and ideas were held for a long time and many of them are still used. Like when you think of going to a psychologist for clinical therapy and you lay down on the sofa and the psychologist is there taking notes, that is the Freudian approach to handling psychological therapy. The difference is that other schools of though started to come out because Freud's was quite frankly, very depressing. His view was the negativity of the human development that shaped the way we behave. Other schools of thinking began to emerge in the field of psychology that opposed the Freudian view and looked at things differently. Overall, there are about eight branches of throughout psychology.

Postby Omegalittlebob » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:52 pm

It is on! Let the battles begin I say! :twisted:

As for what's in the box, I'm guessing its some kind of magical weapon (Bow, Rapier, Scythe, etc) so Minnie can defend herself now that she no longer has her Nergal powers. I really like how Mandy comes across in this page. I think, (in her own bizarre twisted way) she really does love her children, and doesn't just see them as tools to further her own ends.

Postby ari-6 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:37 pm

Blood Lord wrote: The other thing you'll see is that there appears to be a held "dominate" theory or two that exists over others.
Like the theory that Minnie will be taken over by Mimi's parasite? Would that qualify?
Blood Lord wrote: because no one wants to argue it out against the man with a Blue name for fear of banishment, or because they don't want to cause offense, or because feelings get hurt.
I am not that person. At least I do not think I am.
Omegalittlebob wrote:As for what's in the box, I'm guessing its some kind of magical weapon (Bow, Rapier, Scythe, etc) so Minnie can defend herself now that she no longer has her Nergal powers.
She is carrying a Rapier in the chapter cover so you might be right.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Kihmiitehra » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:10 am

Bleedman should practice drawing adult women more. Mandy looks like an elongated child with boobs. XP Wasn't she supposed to be seen as being really beautiful too?
"Kumi" for short! ^__^

If you can't tell by my avi, I'm actually female. :3

Please be gentle, I am thin-skinned >_<

Postby ari-6 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:36 am

I am not the biggest fan of Bleed's style but I do not believe he made a mistake, that is just the way he chooses to draw female characters.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:59 pm

Just saying, but one should make sure they're sharing an opinion, not seem like they're insulting something.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:04 pm

I am sorry, I did not realise I was coming off as insulting. I am not very good a criticising, People somtimes take it badly, I really should not try.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:06 pm

Damn it Ari, I wasn't referring to you. Stop feeling all guilty lol
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:34 pm

Kihmiitehra wrote:Bleedman should practice drawing adult women more. Mandy looks like an elongated child with boobs.

Well, it is in a anime/manga style.

I really have no idea which is the correct classification to put it. I know what the words mean, but I've seen the art work label both ways. Doesn't really matter though.

ari-6 wrote:
Blood Lord wrote: The other thing you'll see is that there appears to be a held "dominate" theory or two that exists over others.
Like the theory that Minnie will be taken over by Mimi's parasite? Would that qualify?

Yeah. That would be a type of an example. I can't think of any others.

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)