New Grim Tales:"The Weight of Lineage" (8/16/2013)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales:"The Weight of Lineage" (8/16/2013)

Postby ari-6 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:55 am

I too wonder what this new undead demon form would look like. I think it is fairly certain it would not have claws but red skin seems likely, but would not look so great with blonde hair. Maybe after the change her hair would become grey or white, that would look pretty interesting.
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Gentlemuffin » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:04 am

More possessions and abominations? Not exactly the most original route to take, but it does sound fun. I just hope to see more of the other sides of the underworld once they actually get out of the bloody castle, which I hope will be soon.
Still New

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:16 am

Havoc751 wrote:My question is where would she go? Would she traverse the underworld, going to the other realms, or even make a trip to the world of the living?

Both sound like a good idea.

We would either get greater exposure and understanding of the Underworld, or we would get an understanding of the condition of the world of the living. Plus, on that last one, we could see if any of the other superheroes survived and their possible descendants as well.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby punzil504 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:38 am

As long as Minnie still has the ability to exert some control over Junior's Nergal powers, then she hasn't completely lost them herself. It's more like she transferred them into another vessel that she can control with a mental joystick... unless Junior has been practicing enough to be able to counter any intrusions that she could potentially attempt. That said, I don't see Junior simply allowing her to control him the way she did in WHAM. Minnie really would have to take over his inner Nergal forcibly.

Mandy took control of Grim, Minnie can take control of Junior... the dynamic is certainly there to explore.
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Havoc » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:39 am

ari-6 wrote:I too wonder what this new undead demon form would look like. I think it is fairly certain it would not have claws but red skin seems likely, but would not look so great with blonde hair. Maybe after the change her hair would become grey or white, that would look pretty interesting.

I agree that blonde hair would look a little weird with the red skin, I think grey/silver hair would look better. It might get rid of the stitches, or even replace her missing eyeball. Maybe she'll have one eye white and grey (the left), and the other one black with a red iris. I assume it would also change her outfit, like it did with Mimi.

Blood Lord wrote:Both sound like a good idea.

We would either get greater exposure and understanding of the Underworld, or we would get an understanding of the condition of the world of the living. Plus, on that last one, we could see if any of the other superheroes survived and their possible descendants as well.

I like both ideas too. I swear there better be some more superhero descendants than just Mimi and Chi, otherwise "pissed" won't even being to describe how I'll feel. It just accrued to me that we have two leading protagonists here (Minnie and Junior). One could go to the world of the living, while the other one explores the rest of the underworld. I'm thinking Jr could go to the world of the living, in order to find out more about Mimi and Jeff, and also maybe even to learn about Him from those who fought Him and survived. Perhaps even get help. But the problem with that theory is, where does that leave Mimi?

punzil504 wrote:As long as Minnie still has the ability to exert some control over Junior's Nergal powers, then she hasn't completely lost them herself. It's more like she transferred them into another vessel that she can control with a mental joystick... unless Junior has been practicing enough to be able to counter any intrusions that she could potentially attempt. That said, I don't see Junior simply allowing her to control him the way she did in WHAM. Minnie really would have to take over his inner Nergal forcibly.

Mandy took control of Grim, Minnie can take control of Junior... the dynamic is certainly there to explore.

I don't know, I feel like Minnie would have to be within earshot of Jr before she can control him. But I'm not sure about that, it's just a wild assumption.

Postby Nell-X » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:32 am

Just a hunch but maybe she'll visit Nergal Jr. for some guidance and counseling in the near future.
Do not read.

Failed...
It is never Lupus

Postby ari-6 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:53 am

I too hope there will scenes between Nergal Jr and Minnie. But I feel like talking to her father would pose a happy resolution to her grief and something bad should happen first.
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:09 pm

Havoc751 wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:Both sound like a good idea.

I like both ideas too. I swear there better be some more superhero descendants than just Mimi and Chi, otherwise "pissed" won't even being to describe how I'll feel.

I am severely tempted to do a fanfic of this idea. I'm leaning more towards the "go to the surface" type of a thing than exploring the Underworld. I think it would be funny if she was mistaken for a zombie and was shot by someone. It shouldn't kill her.

But alas, I have so many other projects going on that I cannot take on another.

Havoc751 wrote:But the problem with that theory is, where does that leave Mimi?

In the capable hands of Jr.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby ari-6 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:16 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I am severely tempted to do a fanfic of this idea.

I have never been able to find any GT fanfiction but I suspect I have probably not been looking in the right place. Are there any particularly well written stories I may like to read?
gott ist tot

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:18 pm

I know for a fact our good friend Havoc has been looking for a point of stability to base a GT story on.

But as of this moment, I don't recall any Fanfics, let alone good fanfics. I have a PPGD one if that counts.

Though I must admit I didn't go out and look for them, so there may be one on Deviant Art or something. In fact I'd bet there are a lot of them. I just haven't looked.

There are plenty of PPGD ones though.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Cerulean » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:31 pm

There's a guy named senji-comics on deviant art who has (what I consider to be) a pretty good fanfic of GT entitled "Left Below". At the very least it has Junior and Minnie in it, and is about 50 pages long (thus far).

When I think about Mimi going with Junior to the world of the living, I think of that drawing (the one with Junior climbing something while Mimi was on the ground looking up) that Bleedman drew a while ago.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:16 pm

There is some other one that someone here is doing, its a comic form, I think Maxgate is the one doing it. Looks more like a spin on AfterBirth to me.

I have a very low opinion of Bleed fanfics. Most of the ones that I've seen and read take the characters outside of who they are too quickly with very explanation why, or it becomes some sort of adventure with their stereotypical "dark-mood anime guy who needs a friend but is too bad ass to get one and is all powerful like god" Original Character and it just fucks the entire thing over.

I mean fanfics should be like great sex between two people where it was fantastic and they enjoyed the hell out of it. Neither one dominates completely over each other, but work in unison to create that unbelievable gratification that both feel. Most Bleed fanfics are like someone vigorously humping a dead dog and screaming "REVOLUTION" in a high pitched voice and you are there hoping that if you ignore them they would just go away.
Mercypostle

Postby Bandit » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:16 pm

Is that wise? I have never heard of a commissioned piece of literature.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:29 pm

Good. Because I didn't mention such a thing, unless you are talking to someone else, in which I have no idea what you are talking about.

You could consider commissioned comic pages as such a thing though.
Mercypostle

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:43 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I mean fanfics should be like great sex between two people where it was fantastic and they enjoyed the hell out of it. Neither one dominates completely over each other, but work in unison to create that unbelievable gratification that both feel. Most Bleed fanfics are like someone vigorously humping a dead dog and screaming "REVOLUTION" in a high pitched voice and you are there hoping that if you ignore them they would just go away.

And after an exhausting day, the perfect closing for me.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby Bandit » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:46 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Good. Because I didn't mention such a thing, unless you are talking to someone else, in which I have no idea what you are talking about.

Excuse me while I go and chew on a foot. I'd thought someone had suggested commissioning a fanfic based on Bleedman's work.

Postby Havoc » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:07 am

ari-6 wrote:I too hope there will scenes between Nergal Jr and Minnie. But I feel like talking to her father would pose a happy resolution to her grief and something bad should happen first.

I would like to see this too. Mostly because I would like to know more about Nergal Jr's personality in this comic. We've heard from Grim Jr about how he's a legend in the underworld, but I would see the man behind the legend. I really fell like we don't know enough about him (Then again, the same could be said about a lot of shit in this comic).
I'm hoping he has this calm badass attitude, but still has an obsession with companionship like he did in the original cartoon.

Blood Lord wrote:I am severely tempted to do a fanfic of this idea.

Like Bird said 7 posts above me, I myself would like to make a fanfic of GT, but I would like to make mine about the post-apocalyptic Megaville, the surviving heroes, and their decedents. However I'm having a hard time coming up with a way to approach it. As it sets, it's a nice blank canvas, but at the same time it's a little too blank.

Blood Lord wrote:There is some other one that someone here is doing, its a comic form, I think Maxgate is the one doing it. Looks more like a spin on AfterBirth to me.

I've read that one. It's actually not bad. The grammar is a bit fucked because he doesn't speak English as his first language. However I haven't read the last few updates. I've been thinking about rereading it from the start, but I just haven't got around to it.

Blood Lord wrote:someone vigorously humping a dead dog and screaming "REVOLUTION" in a high pitched voice and you are there hoping that if you ignore them they would just go away.

Thanks for putting that in my head :/
I know what I'll be seeing when I close my eyes to go to sleep tonight.....

Blood Lord wrote:In the capable hands of Jr.

What I meant was: If he does go to the world of the living, would he take Mimi with him, or would he leave her back at Grimskull? Or is there some sort of third option?

Postby duzzkiller » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:52 pm

I didn't see the bullet Mandy shot at.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:54 pm

Havoc751 wrote:Like Bird said 7 posts above me, I myself would like to make a fanfic of GT, but I would like to make mine about the post-apocalyptic Megaville, the surviving heroes, and their decedents.

Havoc. Here is your moment. DO IT BRO!

duzzkiller wrote:I didn't see the bullet Mandy shot at.

Could it be because Mandy didn't shoot at a bullet?
Mercypostle

Postby ari-6 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:01 pm

Perhaps he meant he could not see the bullet she had fired. If so then I would say the reason is because back when all we saw was something cutting his line, we were still under the belief that Minnie had taken the shot. If we had been shown a bullet mid flight then there would have been no surprise twist come this page.
gott ist tot

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:11 pm

Well, his account is from '04
From what I can tell, he visits the site every month, or few months, and makes a single random post.

I just realized, the nergal wondering what could have cut the line...that foreshadowing.
Rocks

Postby Havoc » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:16 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Well, his account is from '04
From what I can tell, he visits the site every month, or few months, and makes a single random post.

Well at least he doesn't show up every time there's an update, and state the painfully obvious.

Tenshi Nova wrote:I just realized, the nergal wondering what could have cut the line...that foreshadowing.

Wait, wait. Run that one by me again. What "foreshadowing" are you talking about?

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:20 am

It could be something as simple as Junior realizing it was his own mother who shot him down. Of course on the assumption that he understands that she only did it because Minnie was about to do it-

That would essentially give him two family bound enemies, or at least people to harbor animosity towards should he find out.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:27 am

Foreshadowing. The nergal questioned who shot the line, we all 'knew' it to be Minnie. Turned out to be Mandy. Basically the nergal brought attention to the fact that it was something unknown, not to the characters, but the readers as well.
Last edited by Tenshi Nova on Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocks

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:28 am

Wait, I'm confused. Are you saying it's a possibility that it wasn't mandy who shot the wire in half?

Bird oft Error

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)