New Grim Tales:"The Weight of Lineage" (8/16/2013)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Grim Tales:"The Weight of Lineage" (8/16/2013)

Postby Havoc » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:29 am

What a Bitch.

Re: New Grim Tales:"The Weight of Lineage" (8/16/2013)

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:36 am

I am wildly impressed here. Like, more so than I need to be, enough that my avatar is looking at me funny.

The fact that Mom took the shot to prove a point is great.

And then the "Nevermore" quote used in Edgar Allen Poe's "The Raven" was what I felt to be a great slap in the face for Minnie.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby ari-6 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:25 am

Wow, I just saw the Poe quote as a pointless reference but now I get the clever insult. Does anyone else think that as part of Minnie's character breakdown she will stop using the poetic speech pattern, perhaps to show that she has stopped caring about the way she is precieved?
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Exodis » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:43 am

I'm speechless... fuck, that was really, really good.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Live the Lovable Life, Die the Dreadful Death.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Last Savior

Postby Havoc » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:00 am

Agreed. I totally did not see that coming.

ari-6 wrote:Does anyone else think that as part of Minnie's character breakdown she will stop using the poetic speech pattern, perhaps to show that she has stopped caring about the way she is precieved?

I don't know if she would or not. The Shakespearean is well rooted in her character. I seems no matter how hard things get, she always keeps it up. I have to wonder if she's even capable of talking normal.

My question is; where will things go from here? I say Most likely, we'll get to see Junior
carry Mimi to safety next.

Postby ari-6 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:10 am

I do hope that they will continue to follow the story line of Minnie's emotional breakdown and then maybe we would see a character introspection scene where we get a deeper look at a character's psyche and motivations. Usually in the form of a mental conversation often represented by two characters talking and sometimes involves a Q and A. I love those scenes.
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby Gentlemuffin » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:29 am

I do love following Minnie. In contrast to Junior's usual schtick of humorous adventure, Minnie provides a darker emotional element to the comic.

I hope that Mandy and Minnie have more interactions in the future, they do so very rarely its a shame.
Still New

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:22 am

To think after all that emotional and physical pain, Mandy pretty much added insult to injury.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:32 am

Decent twist there.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mercen-X » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:10 am

I find the use of Nevermore to be interestingly dual-functioning (partly because there are no letters that are recognizably capitalized). So not only is Nevermore a mere reference to Poe's writing style but also an allusion to the line in which the narrator asks if Nevermore is the Raven's name. "THE RAVEN, NEVERMORE." So it's as if the sentence refers directly to a character named Nevermore (a raven) that exists in continuity. That's probably not the case but it works that way.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:20 pm

There is also the fact that Raven exists (or existed) in this time continuity. We know she knew Mimi, who is to say that she did not know Minnie as well at some point? Given what Mandy seems to have wanted out of Minnie, it would not surprise me if she would have hired Raven at some point to give Minnie lessons in something or other Maybe how to dealt with/counter demons, since she is half demon herself (Mandy may have had plans involving Him's domain for a LONG time)
No evidence she did, but no evidence she didn't either
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Biostar » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:27 pm

How unexpected, and yet not surprising at the same time. I guess this means Mandy doesn't mind Minnie's feelings for Junior. This will only push Minnie beyond passive-aggressiveness to more drastic measures.

Can't wait.

Postby Sigment » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:38 pm

Score one for Bleed. He caught all of us with this one, so it seems.

I actually like it better this way. Whether Minnie's hesitation was from not wanting to hurt Jr., or from actually caring even a little about Mimi, it shows that her compassion has not completely left her. In a way, she's more Human than her mother.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Collider » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:59 pm

Well, color me impressed. This was a bloody good page; might I say, the best one I've seen Bleedman put out in years.
Gaze into nothingness and despair!

Postby MissTikilicious » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:16 pm

Am I the only one to think that the Skeleguard has such a cute sad face in the final panel?
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:27 pm

Heart under the floorboards- beats for- Lenore- Nevermooore~

Mandy's talented. Shooting a rope out from that distance while wearing those pointed heels. Shows good balance. XD

I get that she's trying to motivate her daughter and all, but, I wonder if she realizes how batshit crazy Minnie could go over this.

Or maybe she knows that she isn't that far over the edge yet and still has humanity.

Or maybe she doesn't care.

Shit.

Unless it shows Minnie sulking and maybe flashbacking something (I called that she would be brooding! XD) I think it'll just go back to Junior and Mimi next. Landing safely. And- omg Blords what's wrong with your avatar!?
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:22 pm

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:I get that she's trying to motivate her daughter and all, but, I wonder if she realizes how batshit crazy Minnie could go over this.
Maybe she knows how stable her own daughter is? She raised her, after all... along with an English nanny of course.

I'm sure she'll become stronger because of this... but to mention something is that she WASN'T going to shoot her brother. But Mandy did, so she's intentionally causing a sibling rivalry, not to mention if she failed, Mimi would have gone splat and caused a diplomatic crisis within the hells.

Though, maybe she also understands Junior's limitations as well? Maybe she's trying to make them stronger by sicking them both at each others' throats?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Sigment » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:34 pm

MissTikilicious wrote:Am I the only one to think that the Skeleguard has such a cute sad face in the final panel?
Priceless.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:47 pm

Birdofterror wrote:
GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:I get that she's trying to motivate her daughter and all, but, I wonder if she realizes how batshit crazy Minnie could go over this.
Maybe she knows how stable her own daughter is? She raised her, after all... along with an English nanny of course.

I'm sure she'll become stronger because of this... but to mention something is that she WASN'T going to shoot her brother. But Mandy did, so she's intentionally causing a sibling rivalry, not to mention if she failed, Mimi would have gone splat and caused a diplomatic crisis within the hells.

Though, maybe she also understands Junior's limitations as well? Maybe she's trying to make them stronger by sicking them both at each others' throats?

I think she knows what her kids are capable of, but I think she is trying to teach her daughter not to hesitate and go after what you want. The feeling I get at the end, besides a slap in the face for using a quote from The Raven, is Mandy warning her daughter that unless she acts, she is going to be in her brother's shadow and won't escape it. This is still a royal family and there can be only one heir.

I'm not sure about causing sibling rivalry though.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby MissTikilicious » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:56 pm

Sigment Kurosai wrote:Priceless.

What's Priceless?

Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:01 pm

I think he's saying the face is priceless. I think he's agreeing with you.

I would agree too, he looks very... awkward.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Bandit » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:16 pm

It's really interesting how this story is progressing. In our first arc, we see Junior resenting Minnie's power and charisma, and now, the coin is flipped and Minnie becomes the one left behind.

Gentlemuffin wrote:I do love following Minnie. In contrast to Junior's usual schtick of humorous adventure, Minnie provides a darker emotional element to the comic.

Indeed, and it's pretty ironic paradoxical that Junion who is to be the grim reaper is so cheerful when his beautiful and dazzling (half?)sister is so melancholy/anguished.

Postby tony3232 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:43 pm

hai guys, first time poster, been reading since the start, tony3232.

i just realized what minnie is after, its obvious but kind of underplayed.
she wants a relationship like jacks, a skele-ragdoll setup. does anyone else see this?
Last edited by tony3232 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~just me and my pointless secrets.~
yes.

Postby Exodis » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:04 pm

Welcome to the forums young dweller!
Have a pleasant stay, interact with the people amongst you, and enjoy!
Oh, and a little advice: don't use colored text.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Live the Lovable Life, Die the Dreadful Death.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Last Savior

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:48 pm

Welcome to the forums Tony, though I must establish that color text is usually very frowned upon, especially when it emcompasses the entirety of your post. I see you already have an avatar, so I think you'll fit right in. Just keep the text to a minimum and enjoy your stay!

Bird oft Error

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)