New Grim Tales: "I believe I can fly" (8/9/2013)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales: "I believe I can fly" (8/9/2013)

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:59 pm

Granted. That is a dangerous combination.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:39 am

Bandit wrote:No, all three are happening at the same time. That is, until Bleedman picks an outcome.

I'm sure Bleed has already planned ahead a little bit. I mean, I know there's a lot of things that suggests he's making a lot of things up as he goes along, but I assume he's at least thought the outcome of this event through. Also Bandit, I meant to tell you this awhile ago, if you have a DA, you can out the link to it in your signature, and even make an art thread here on Snafu if you wish.

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:Next page should either be Minnie brooding, or one of Havoc's options. Which number 2 would definitely be amazing, but 1 sounds much more likely.

Looks like my "option 2" prediction is quite popular. If something like this does happen, I could see it possibly leading into another flashback/back-story. Unfortunately, I think Blood Lord's prediction of "them landing without anything happening", might be the most likely outcome.

Birdofterror wrote:Also no I don't think anyone would care if Grim took a vacation, to my knowledge he hasn't really done anything since we've seen him anyway.

Um...I don't know. Wouldn't every surviving human left become temporarily immortal?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:51 am

Havoc751 wrote:Um...I don't know. Wouldn't every surviving human left become temporarily immortal?
Pfffft. What is that, like, two people?

Grim hasn't so much as left his house in the longest time. His job is kind of slow now that the world ended.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Nell-X » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:40 am

I'd fuse two of the previously mentioned predictions (hallucination & crash); Upon Mimi's awakening she may see Jr. as Blossom carrying her away. But instead of hearing her mother's soft voice she'll hear the Nergal Power or Jr.'s voice in place of Blossom. Mimi regains full consciousness, Jr. gasps in relief, Mimi ensues more biting, and they burn & crash.

Left-field guess: Crash landing site is Mandy's position.
Do not read.

Failed...
It is never Lupus

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:51 am

Birdofterror wrote:
Havoc751 wrote:Um...I don't know. Wouldn't every surviving human left become temporarily immortal?
Pfffft. What is that, like, two people?

Grim hasn't so much as left his house in the longest time. His job is kind of slow now that the world ended.

And you know the world has ended how? We know Megaville took a swift kick to the groin, but nothing else about the status of the world or even Megaville's current status.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:12 pm

Wait, so this is a second discussion page for the comic update? I am not complaining, I just never knew it existed before now, I do not understand why there are two.
2014. A shitty fucking year!
Im Making This Up As I Go
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:28 pm

The annoying spammers usually fill up the other one, not many of them make it here. It also helps for when different discussions start.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mercen-X » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:39 pm

When Junior swoops in to save Mimi, the panel makes it look like he missed. Mimi's silhouette should have been transparent like Junior's starting point to the left and she should have been closer to Grim as to make it clear Junior's trajectory matched her destination. Honestly, my first thought was "He missed. Is this a practice swoop? Is he coming back?" You shouldn't have to go on to the next panel for indication of what the previous panel was attempting to make obvious.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:00 pm

Blood Lord wrote:And you know the world has ended how? We know Megaville took a swift kick to the groin, but nothing else about the status of the world or even Megaville's current status.
Well, in the cartoon, Grim takes the reaping into his own hands. Physically, he makes a presence and reaps the person's soul. Like with the Hamster, he had to physically be there. I would assume he would have to do this for all soul reapings... though the logistics of such things makes about as much sense as Santa Clause's work Schedule, it still needs to follow the same basic rules, no?

He's been in Hell doing various things for the longest time. So far we haven't even seen him go anyway, anyone hint towards him going to the surface, or anyone hint that the surface is even still alive; though on the other side we DO have some circumstantial evidence to say the world was destroyed. Even if it's just pattern detection from Megaville's destruction.

Point being, there is nothing in this entire comic pointing towards anyone being alive, though there are pointers to mass genocide and destruction. On the scale, it's more likely that the world is destroyed then not destroyed if you are forced to take a side. Though I will admit this is all speculation, it's still more likely than the alternative even by a small margin, no?

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Bandit » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:44 pm

You know, I've always assumed that all the events in the comics occur in some alternative dimension/universe/etc far away from Earth. But now that I think about it, all the characters could very easily live in a post apocalyptic world, with Him, Aku, and Mandy playing their game of thrones.

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:46 pm

@ Bird because I don't want to quote that.

If the world is gone to the point that you are describing, world being destroyed and all, then there would be no need for Grim or another Reaper to replace him since we know that the dimensions have their own Reapers as well. You also have the show where we didn't see Grim do much Reaping but the world was still fine.

Going off into the Realm of speculation, it wouldn't be that far fetched to guess that there are Reaper like minions under Grim just like how there is a different Santa Claus for every culture.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:06 am

I once asked BR if it was the whole world that got destroyed, or just the city of Megaville, and this is what he said:
BeeAre wrote:in GT, assume that if a city full of heroes got destroyed, who could save the rest of the world?

Also: time means nothing in the underworld. It's an eternal plane of existence. It could have been millions of years since anything happened on Earth.

Granted; 1) BR doesn't have much influence over GT (At least from what I've heard), and 2)Bleed could very well change his mind at any given moment. Although this is far from a solid conclusion, I'm willing to call this a safe bet. So unless I'm told otherwise, I personally am just gonna go with; It was the entire world that fell, yet there are still people inhabiting the world of the living. Grim said it was the busiest day of his career, but he never said anything about it being the last day of his career. That's my two cents on the matter. However I'm not dismissing the theory that there are multiple shinigami, or that Grim is retired.

However if time really is irrelevant in the underworld....I'll have to think about this one some more.

Mercen-X wrote:When Junior swoops in to save Mimi, the panel makes it look like he missed. Mimi's silhouette should have been transparent like Junior's starting point to the left and she should have been closer to Grim as to make it clear Junior's trajectory matched her destination. Honestly, my first thought was "He missed. Is this a practice swoop? Is he coming back?" You shouldn't have to go on to the next panel for indication of what the previous panel was attempting to make obvious.

I too thought he missed in the fourth panel.

Bandit wrote:You know, I've always assumed that all the events in the comics occur in some alternative dimension/universe/etc far away from Earth. But now that I think about it, all the characters could very easily live in a post apocalyptic world, with Him, Aku, and Mandy playing their game of thrones.

Well you're kind of right I guess. It takes place in the underworld, so it's a different plan of existence (I think). This also takes place in a timeline separate from the PpGD universe. However this isn't the post apocalyptic world in which this is all taking place at. Get what I'm saying?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mercen-X » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:36 am

Two words: Alternate realities.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:16 am

One Word: Headache.
Blood Lord wrote:Going off into the Realm of speculation, it wouldn't be that far fetched to guess that there are Reaper like minions under Grim just like how there is a different Santa Claus for every culture.
That's a good enough point as any... not to mention you're right: If the entire world "WAS" destroyed, he wouldn't have much of a job to take a vacation from anyway.

Then again there is a Mars Reaper, Jupiter Reaper and so on... maybe Reaping isn't limited to simply killing people? Maybe you're required to maintain some kind of presence?

Bird oft Error

Postby ari-6 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:24 am

Birdofterror wrote:Well, in the cartoon, Grim takes the reaping into his own hands. Physically, he makes a presence and reaps the person's soul. Like with the Hamster, he had to physically be there. I would assume he would have to do this for all soul reapings... though the logistics of such things makes about as much sense as Santa Clause's work Schedule, it still needs to follow the same basic rules, no?
I was thinking the same thing about Santa Clause too.
Blood Lord wrote:Going off into the Realm of speculation, it wouldn't be that far fetched to guess that there are Reaper like minions under Grim just like how there is a different Santa Claus for every culture.
It is an interesting idea and tthat is how it works in Supernatural but I have another possible theory. We know that Grim can travel through time so maybe it does not matter when someone dies on earth as long as he gets to them eventually. By this logic he could also build up a backlog and it would not matter if two people die at the same time at different places. So he could easily take days off as long as he was prepared to work twice as hard the following day.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:21 am

I tend to take the Discworld Death perspective, wherein so long as Death makes an occasional visit to reap personally, death proceeds normally (or as Quoth said to Susan when she was faced with the aftermath of a major battle "you just do one, and that sort of keep the process going" On the other hand, it is neccecary for Death to be there (in the sense of existing) or the process breaks down (as in Reaper Man). If Death just stopped coming to the world, there would probably be problems.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby ari-6 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:48 pm

I have a question. I just looked on Bleed's DA page and he referred to this as GTFO. Are we still calling it Further Orientation or does Bleed just like typing GTFO? If this is a stupid question, please just ignore me.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:22 pm

It is a stupid question, but I'll answer it. lol

It's simply just because it's called "Further Orientation" That it's called GTFO. Though it was intentionally named Further Orientation so that we could call it GTFO. Just like "What About Mimi?" was called WHAM.

It's all in the name of fun.

Bird oft Error

Postby ari-6 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:40 pm

No I actually meant I did not know it was still called GTFO but I was probably the only one who did not know.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:34 pm

STFU
Secret Tales From the Underworld

I'd like to see that name.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:44 pm

WELL DONE! Very well done!
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigmas » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:57 pm

I can see it now... "GTFO:STFU". Perfect.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:43 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:STFU
Secret Tales From the Underworld

I'd like to see that name.

Love it!

ari-6 wrote:No I actually meant I did not know it was still called GTFO but I was probably the only one who did not know.

Don't feel bad. To tell you the truth, I didn't know this was still part of GTFO either. Quite honestly, it really doesn't feel like FO to me. Probably because we jumped back to the present time.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:47 pm

I feel cool for thinking that up on the spot <3

Orientation. Makes me think that people's rankings will be put into a better perspective.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:34 am

New page: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55088

Thread locked.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)