Ppgd (BR: Welcome Thread!)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Ppgd (BR: Welcome Thread!)

Postby Havoc » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:08 am

I much prefer PpGD over GT. GT has pissed me off a bit. I really, really wanted to know more about the city of heroes in GT, but all all of that seem s to have been pushed to the side. The entire story just seem s to jump around. As for PpGD, at least the plot is headed in the right direction. I agree with Tenshi; What do you mean by "Clusterfuck"? Also what does schizophrenia have to do with any of this?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Gentlemuffin » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:15 am

The mood of SB is schizophrenic to me in that at first it was all sunshine and laughs and suddenly without warning everything went to gothic DBZ extravaganza. I dont know if the next arc is going to go back to how SB started, but if it does, then I really dont know what to say.

In my perspective, GT's first arc was handled quite nicely. Everything explained what happened and looped in and around itself back to how it began. The current arc, although plot-wise mysterious, has potential to be just as the first arc (hopefully), although I cant say for sure.

PPGD is just dragging this whole "OH NO THE ENEMY IS ATTACKING" far too long than it should.
Still New

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:25 am

Good points, I'll try and counter

GT has much many more question, that seem like they'll be left unanswered, which irritates me when I think of it. I do like the darker vibe it takes though.

PPGD's long and dragged out Time Bomb arc, that's pretty much Bleed's area. If he had updated PPGD 3-4 times a month, we'd be past this arc by now. Or are you talking about that actual number of pages?
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Gentlemuffin » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:29 am

In both accounts, I would say.
Though I've been too uninterested in PPGD to keep count, I believe GT has an chapter average of about 20-30 pages.

GT's theme is it's selling point, much like Everafter's. And it's predictable to see what kind of character will cameo (i.e. from a cartoon with a dark storyline)
Still New

Postby Sigment » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:50 am

Gentlemuffin wrote:PPGD is turning into a clusterfuck and SB's plot is just too schizophrenic for me.

What what what what what?Seriously, though. Care to explain you opinion?
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Gentlemuffin » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:58 am

I already did.
Still New

Postby Sigment » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:10 am

The clusterfuck you're mentioning is not that bad, story wise. Quite a few of us (I think) would like Bleed to bring more of his attention back to PpGD so that we can finish the chapter, and move on from where we are in the story.

As for SB, I think that you may have the word "schizophrenic" confused with something else, assuming you're referring to Ginger. What she has is more of a fictionally unique Multiple Personality Disorder, AKA Dissociative Identity Disorder. Though it does have elements of schizophrenia, as she does converse with Licorice on occasion. However, King's dialogue implies that she's more than just a separate personality.

We okay to talk about SB in here? If not, I'll drop it.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Gentlemuffin » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:47 am

The word was an embellishment at most when I used it. I apologize if that wasn't clear. The point is the story took a sharp turn from cuddly to edgy. If the story was written and not graphic, the pacing itself would have been ridiculously retarded.

And Mamon turning out to be a good guy in the end just fell flat. By Chapter 1 end I was expecting he was something more than just someone into voyeurism. His characterization was such a shame
Still New

Postby Sigment » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:22 pm

Gene didn't "turn out to be a good guy". He was never a bad guy in the plot, nor was he ever implied as such (other than when he and Hansel initially met). And what do you mean by voyeurism? Do you even know what that means?

The Resident Smartass

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:00 pm

I would join, but Sigment seems to have me covered :D
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Gentlemuffin » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:35 pm

Do you even know what that means?

Being on the internet with lots of information and also not being an idiot, I'm pretty sure I know what it means. I was referring to Chapter 1's ending, which saw him spying on Ginger via some camera (I was making a snide remark. A joke.)

Gene didn't "turn out to be a good guy"

He helped the protagonist. No he wasnt a vanguard of justice but he wasnt an antagonist, and he couldve been a good one.

nor was he ever implied as such

Oh yes, angry looking demon guy spying on protagonist mysteriously by chapter end leaving the reader in suspense doesnt have the slightest connotation at all of being bad. Nope. None at all
(that was sarcasm by the way just in case I have to explain myself again)

And where did that name "Gene" come from? No idea. It just is.
Personally, I found "Mammon" to fit his appearance more appropriately.

Chapter 1 of SB was great in many ways, practically flawless. It could have lead to something great but instead what was is the same schtick that PPGD is looking to suffer from now. DBZ syndrome. And yes, I know what that means too.
Still New

Postby Sigment » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:50 pm

Gentlemuffin wrote:I was referring to Chapter 1's ending, which saw him spying on Ginger via some camera
http://sugar.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=21
I apologize for having forgotten about that.
Gentlemuffin wrote:Oh yes, angry looking demon guy spying on protagonist mysteriously by chapter end leaving the reader in suspense doesnt have the slightest connotation at all of being bad. Nope. None at all
Fair enough.
Gentlemuffin wrote:(that was sarcasm by the way just in case I have to explain myself again)
Really? I didn't notice.
Gentlemuffin wrote:And where did that name "Gene" come from? No idea. It just is.
Personally, I found "Mammon" to fit his appearance more appropriately.
Mammon was never indicated to be his first name, and it is established later that it is his last name, making him "Gene Mammon".

It doesn't matter your opinion is your own, and mine is mine. I'll leave it at that, as I don't want to be arguing about this all day.

The Resident Smartass

Postby BeeAre » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:21 pm

Havoc751 wrote:I'm pretty sure Bleed doesn't get payed to make these comics. He has a live to worry about too y'know.

He gets paid VERY WELL, if I am not mistaken. Commissioned to do as much comic work as he wants.

However I feel he's put way too much attention into GT as of late, and left his other works in the dust. I just checked, and last month GT got six updates, where as PpGD only got one. I appreciate everything him and his team does, but I just wish he would balance it out a little better. But in all fairness, I'm not 100% sure about what goes on behind the scenes.

I've been sick. There will be more PpGD pages soon.

Sigment Kurosai wrote:http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=266
I had considered it a possible hint when weasel said that he had "made a few calls", implying that he may have contacted the RRB, or those that they report to.

I never actually considered that. If I understood correctly, I think BR hinted that they would show up during the time bomb events. But don't call me on that.

I am not sure that I said they'd show up during the linearity bomb's activation.

Gentlemuffin wrote:I honestly dont know whats happening there anymore. Unlike GT that has a prevalent dark, edgy theme that you can follow through the escapades of the Grim Family and the intertwining relationships of the denizens of the Underworld, PPGD seems like mindless action that after all this time, isnt seem to be going anywhere. The cameos are dated, and the plot is somehow needlessly convoluted, coming in only second after Sugar Bits.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

My responding opinion is such an idea ends up being bit unfair given what was just said about PpGD: It has less updates than GT, so each page is scrutinized more. Alas that your opinion is the way it is.

SB's writer recently passed away as a result of cancer, so it was and is focused on even less than PpGD currently is.

A bit problematic to refer to it as schizophrenic, don't you think? The whiplash was at its worst when Red was introduced to the comic. Perhaps you recall that event?

But I agree that a lot of the decisions in SB were not amazing. The writer we just lost was here to correct that. It was decided we would shut SB down before he passed, and leave an open but firm 'end' to the comic so that in a long time, it could be returned to later with more vigor--he was going to work on a new comic concept with me. Depressing circumstances.

In exactly two pages, PpGD will introduce a divergent conversation to ponder over for the sake of furthering the plot. I hope this helps soften some of your opinion on the fight.

However, I don't know if this thread is the best place to continue this discussion.

If the original author does not come back in, say, two days, I will lock it.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:56 pm

I doubt he's coming back, his last visit was 10 days ago, and he didn't even ask a second question, nor did he respond to our answers. I stand by my statement earlier though, all of them c:

Also, seeing that you mentioned 2 pages, which will probably get everyone a little thing to look forward to. :D
Any idea how long it may take for that release?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:57 pm

Hmm. Given that, I think I will leave this to Blood Lord, then.

I have been sick, so I realize now that Blood Lord has been in more direct work with this thread in an attempt to curtail its expansion in the wrong place.

Me adding to the discussion is a mistake on my part.

I will say that Blood Lord can lock this thread and administer verbal or official warnings to whomever, with my own warning delivered by myself to myself. :\

If he chooses to do nothing, otherwise my statement stands about locking it myself later. Sry Blordy
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:02 am

You're fine BR. Thank you and I hope you get to feeling better.

Gentlemen, I was serious. Dead fucking serious when I told you to welcome the person or stay out. The conversation was enlightening, but it did not welcome the person. We have other threads for talk like this, and I expected better out of all of you.

Thread locked, and warnings will be issued to participating members shortly.

And yes, I am pissed right now.

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)