Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

Postby ari-6 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:15 am

Well...... Well.......

I saw The Madoka movie. Finally. After over a year of waiting. And as it turned out. The only spoiler I knew. The only spoiler I needed to know. Turned out to be THE BIGGEST FUCKING TWIST ENDING SPOILER! And the set up! I would have never seen it coming! Because as foolish as I was, I wouldn't have seen the bait and switch ending coming.

Oh well...... "The desire to satisfy curiosity is an illogical human trait"
Last edited by ari-6 on Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby MERASMUS! » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:17 am

Was it good?
Never anger a magician

Postby ari-6 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:20 am

Read above and take note of the waves of insanity emanating from my avatar.

At first it is slightly confusing. But the best way to go in to it would be blind. However even my avatar is a spoiler.....

I have become the spoiler!

Sigh... All the yuri subtext became much less sub-textual. I am pleased

Im a go watch it again!
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby MERASMUS! » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:39 am

Well that answers my question. I'm going to leave now before the shitstorm of spoilers pop up like radishes.
Never anger a magician

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:50 pm

Not sure how many ppl read Girls of the Wild's, but the latest chapters are so freaking badass.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby tonightscake » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:08 pm

And now I have a new e-comic to read through.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby ari-6 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:15 am

HOLY SHIT! NEW ATTACK ON TITAN! EVERYONE READ! MASSIVE SPOILERS!
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:46 am

The chapter was boooooring...of course...until...

ACKERMAN!!!
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:47 am

Set up man, set up. I guess We know what event Season two will be ending on.

I am willing to bet these new guys will probably carry some kind of ridiculous gun. Which will make for a very uneven fight. Sasha has been carrying a bow around this entire arc and has only used it once, So I hope that gets some more action. I wonder if these new guys equipment will have a different design, y'know, to set them apart from the others.

I an't wait to see Ymir's face when she finds out about Historia
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:34 am

Yes yes, the set up is always essential...but still...

What are your thoughts on the Ackerman thing though?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:52 pm

I am excited that the new enemy is actually a threat. Up till now they just seemed like a bunch of worthless cowards. And a revelation or two are bound to come in the next couple of chapters. My main fear is that the plan will fail and Christa will die. And then Ymir finds out...

As for the whole Akerman thing. I don't know what to think except that it is one scary badass family. And I get the impression that Levi knew the entire time.
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Cerulean » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:07 pm

Speaking of AoT, Tonari no Seki-kun made reference to them this week (it's back! YAY) I'm so glad the information from before was wrong, and that it will be continuing for another 10 episodes, so very happy =u=

Huh, that was an interesting chapter of Magi. Hmm...

Also, I'm starting Part 2 of Jojo today!

Oh, and almost forgot, apparently AoT will be getting two movies. But they'll just be covering the material that is in Season 1. So the first half of the season will be in movie 1, while the second half will be movie 2.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:11 pm

Magi is trying to make me happy! I refuse to so easily fall for such a trap!
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:14 pm

Cerulean wrote:Also, I'm starting Part 2 of Jojo today!

So you finished up Part 1? What did you think of it & dat ending. Also Part 2.....All I got to say is your body can't handle the awesome sauce of Part 2.
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Cerulean » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:25 pm

@Tenshi RESIST THE FEELS (I'm doing a bad job at it :c)

@dj I have mixed feelings about it, but, I'm leaning more towards having enjoyed it than not. One of the qualms I had with it was the main character. I just couldn't force myself to feel much for Jojo. Though, I did feel horrible for him when Dio started doing all that stuff to him, I just couldn't sincerely root for Jojo through the course of the story (didn't want Dio to win, but I just really felt blah about Jojo winning). I found myself drawn to the other characters instead, despite them not having much time in the spotlight.

I liked Erina because she stood up to Dio (not just this, but she made sure to protect Jojo from anyone/everyone and nursed him back to health despite her previous feelings of being inadequate to be a lady due to the fact that her first kiss was stolen by a man she wasn't dating (which honestly sort of made me a bit angry with Jojo because I don't recall him going after her to try to repair their relationship, he just went with the flow instead). She was willing to give up her life to die beside the man she loved and was strong enough afterward to listen to Jojo and take the mysterious baby and hide in the coffin, and then (presumably since I still haven't started part II yet) raise two babies by herself.),

I liked Speedwagon because he's a true bro (Tried to help Jojo many times despite his own inadequacies), and I liked Zeppelli because he faced his destiny despite knowing what awaited him. I guess my big problem is just that I found the people around him to be more interesting than he was, and considering the fact that he was supposed to be the main character...I'm not so sure that that's a good thing. BUT, I am glad that they were there. They were certainly some of the bright spots in this portion of the story.

Another bright spot would be the fight scenes. They certainly do have some amazing fights. They were done very well, even if some of the results were a bit gory and gruesome. I also enjoyed a few of the developments in the story (how twisted Dio really was with his father, and the truth behind the mask). Though the story could get a bit predictable at times, it did manage to throw in a few twists here and there. It was a pretty straightforward and simple story.

As for the ending, it was the perfect way to end it and send it into the next installment. I almost teared up there at the last chapter. It was very sad, and I thought that it was nice to see it end with the two of them since that is how this whole mess began.

That pic, intrigues me c:
Last edited by Cerulean on Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:59 pm

It's true that Johnathan is probably the second weakest JoJo in terms of character didn't stop me from liking him though. Think after Part 2 you should checkout the 2012 anime for comparisons in where they did certain things better specifically Part 2.

What did you think of Dio aka Proto-Aizen-but-better-written?

Postby Cerulean » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:26 am

Dio, where to begin with him....He was a wonderful villain. Yes, that's a good start. No problem hating him, and seemed to be a natural planner. Truly vile and despicable.

I felt bad for him because of his backstory with his father, but that was still no reason to kill him nor should he have tried to kill father joestar in the same manner (really he shouldn't have tried to do so at all).

He had ambition and never let said ambition for greatness falter. Not even that part where he almost died. He blamed his upbringing for the way he was, but never made any active attempts to change for good. He knew he was doing bad things, and continued to do them to make his dreams come true. So in that sense, I liked him as a villain.

He even proved to still be somewhat "human" in the end because he grew to respect Jojo, even though, you know, he wanted to kill him, but his logic was that at least it would be done in a "humane" way and that he'd (Jojo) be able to be with his wife for all eternity if he relented to him. Totally twisted and messed up logic right there, but as long as it went according to plan.....it didn't matter. Even if he did meet with a few bumps in the road.

At least he admitted that things weren't always going "according to plan", unlike a certain other villain. Make adjustments, then keep going. That was something else that I "enjoyed" about his character.

Hmm, the anime does certain portions better than the manga? I'll think about checking it out.
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:49 am

Well one thing to note about Dio....Everything he's does has a connection in the following Parts. Except for Part 7 since new universe & we're introduced to his counterpart Diego Brando who seems like a jerk but is really more a pompous race jockey then guy who wants to accend humanity.....Oh & he's also a raptor.....

Postby Tuor » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:56 am

Question, Cerulean: Why is part of your posts in orange?
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hiroko » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:22 am

It's how they do spoilers in this thread:

Tenshi Nova wrote:Hello, just making a spoiler allowed thread, you don't have to censor anything hear, so read at your own risk.

If anyone feels that they have to, they can use colors instead of the spoiler option. I'll edit in more options, if others think there should be.

A post with no coloring should be assumed Black. Of course, this is set by the poster's opinions, so keep that in mind.
Not too bad, won't change your experience.
Defiantly a spoiler, it's going to affect your experience.
Don't read, this could make or break your experience, gambling won't end well.
There's no point in even watching the anime or reading the manga.
The Sentimental One

Postby Tuor » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:31 am

Huh, interesting
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby ari-6 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:55 am

Yeah, after I said that I thought having unguarded spoilers was maybe too dangerous Tenshi came up with a really clever system to work around it. He didn't seems too happy at the time though like "I already called it spoilers all over and now you are making me contradict my self!" and I was all like "No Tenshi, it's too dangerous! One man wasn't meant to have all dem spoilers! This isn't Wikileaks!" and that's how it happened. Tenshi will try to deny it but don't listen to him. Good times....
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby dj1107 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:55 am

Did the pic actually go through?

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:44 pm

Yes it did. :D

Ari lies D:
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:26 pm

ari never lies! That was exactly how it happened and you are just bad a knowing things.

Also, wonderful picture. I think it is pretty clear who chose what Mikoto is wearing.
I am the MISSINGNO

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)