Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:23 am

I haven't read something this well written in a while.

Most anime I watch are just to lay back. A calm story with proper character development.

Works that really interest me the most, are ones with complex worlds. Course there's personal preferences as well.
Magi has countries, borders, political intervention, character development and in abundance.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:27 am

Magi chapter 180-ish Morgiana's 'development' is realistic, which makes me happy. >.> Strangely.

I do love this manga. I also dislike over the top events. The arc that ended here was REALLY REALLY over the top. On one hand, it's slightly supported, and it seemed purposefully predictable so that it wouldn't seem like bullshit. The convenient arrival of characters one after another was predictable, so it wasn't an out of the blue save, but it still irks me. The events directly following the arc is amazing though, I'm being dragged back into it so easily x.x
I'll have to see how the next arc plays out.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:23 pm

Huh, so after putting it off (for one reason or another), I've finally watched the last three episodes of Little Busters! Refrain. I have to say, that I'm pretty impressed. And while I question a few of the things that happened at the end there, I'm not disappointed.

For anyone interested in watching, I'd advise not going into this series (Little Busters!) thinking that it's the next Clannad. There are a lot of similarities between the two (both an adaptation of a Key visual novel being the main one), but they're definitely two different series. I loved Clannad (and AfterStory), and I liked Little Busters. But that's not necessarily a bad thing, nor does that mean that one is better than the other (especially seeing as how that's more a matter of personal taste than anything). I simply liked Clannad more than LB. I liked the story more, and I certainly liked After Story more. Though, I will say that Refrain did seemingly even the playing field a bit between the two series (it didn't catch up (in my opinion), but it did get a lot closer).

That being said though, I would recommend this show to anyone interested in watching another adaptation of a Key visual novel (Kanon, Clannad, Air, Angel Beats (to name a few)). It wasn't a horrible series, and I did find myself entertained quite a bit. Oh, and whatever you do, AVOID ALL POSSIBLE SPOILERS ABOUT THIS SHOW.

Now to watch Little Busters! Ecstasy (sometime in the distant/near future).

Also, finally caught up on Magi manga.
Last edited by Cerulean on Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:50 pm

http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1618641 ... ph_joestar
Joseph Joestar
Redefining the term "Foxy Grampa"

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:04 am

Reminds me of Indiana Jones. I can't tell if he's wearing glasses or if those are scars. Cool either way xD

Magi getting me all hyped up...I have to say, out of all the 'uppity' action manga I have read, Magi does the best with ships.
I mean...seriously...Morgiana...Kougyoku...why...WHY?... >.>
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:33 am

Until recently I never considered Kougyoku to be in the running, but then THAT had to happen...though I guess that if I think about it, the clues were already laid earlier, but the Mor scenes just overshadowed them completely...These next couple of chapters will be fun c:

Hey, ari, are you reading Kazumi Magica? I remember seeing you bring up orika and another story, but I don't recall this one. Only reason I ask is because of an email I got from crunchyroll talking about Vol. 1 & 2 being on sale or something. I looked it up, and found out that there are only 23 chapters for it, too (in case you haven't read it yet).
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:07 am

I picked up the first volume of Kazumi Magika or "innocent malice" (cool name) but I have only read about half way through it. It just didn't seem to be anywhere near par with the others. However I have heard one or two people say good things about it and this being Madoka, there is probably going to be a "turn" in the first volume or the second. I just haven't been able to force myself to read it. I also have all of the manga adaptation of the series and I can say it is not really worth buying. It condenses and pretty much ruins the pacing of the series. The art is decent but it comes no where near reaching the visuals of the anime. But when talking about manga based on anime, I can only think of one or two that are actually decent.

Is it Magi: the labyrinth that you are talking about? What is it about exactly?
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby dj1107 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:04 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Reminds me of Indiana Jones. I can't tell if he's wearing glasses or if those are scars. Cool either way xD

They are actually wrinkles & yeah I think the Indiana Jones parallel were intentional.
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Cerulean » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:27 pm

@ari Oooh ok

And Yep, we're talking about Magi. Hmm, well, when I first found Magi, I thought that it'd be something similar to 1001 Nights/Arabian Nights. Mostly because of the setting (though if you read it you will find that there are a lot of nods to it sprinkled throughout the story).

Basically, though, Magi is a tale that takes place in a magical land. In this land, adventurers who hope to gain vast riches enter dungeons wth magical equipment. Should they survive, they'll be rewarded with prestige and riches (and possibly rare items of which they've never dreamed of possessing). That is the goal of Aladdin and Alibaba. And this is where their journey begins.

I think that's about as much as I can say without spoiling too much about the story. I really do enjoy it, but as I've said multiple times, those fight scenes always wear me out. But then, that's not exactly any different from any other of the shounen manga, so I guess I should cut it some slack (at least it's not still in some x year war like some certain other shounen manga). It does do a pretty good job at showing the strife of the people affected by various political moves/decisions. And, I like that they repeatedly show/imply the lengths leaders will go in order to secure/protect what is theirs. But, I'm especially fond of the main characters and the humor. When it's not serious, I almost always laugh. That, and I enjoy seeing each character grow. It's clear that they're out of their league in a lot of the cases, but we actually get to see them grow/train. And it's not "train for a week and I can suddenly stand on par with the person I couldn't defeat before". We see that they do have their limits. We see that they're (the main trio) not always the one who is in the right. We see that there are multiple sides to the situation at hand (though there is a clear bad guy I guess). And I quite like that.
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:31 pm

They do have moments where it seems a bit overwhelming and of no where, but they're decently backed up.
I dislike it when a character pulls out a new move, and they place a flashback to when they trained it a while ago.
Magi, you get to see them train, then you see them show off later. Much like.

Once I see how the next updates for Magi and One Piece are, I shall decide which becomes my favorite on-going!
Course, the Water 7 arc will always hold a special place in my heart.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:15 pm

Plus the cast of characters is HUGE, and you get to know quite a bit about each character. Though I do wonder whether or not certain characters from the beginning will make a reappearance. Only time will tell I suppose.
And yes, Water 7 will always be special c:

Speaking of Magi, I found a really nice AMV. So, SPOILER ALERT. If you're planning on reading/watching Magi, I advise not clicking the link. I saw it a last night, and liked it. But it does have a lot of spoilers (so beware). Also,please keep in mind that a lot of the scenes in this amv are jumbled up together. Please rest assured that that the sequence of these scenes don't always reflect what happened in the series. If you'd like to know what I'm talking about then just read the spoiler text here.    3:13 is a scene where a guy is being stabbed repeatedly in the chest area    Also gonna give a warning for the gory content contained within.Well here it is

And this is one I posted earlier. After watching it a few more times, I like it a lot more than I did before. It really grew on me.
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:43 pm

I watched the Amv. I'm sold on this, where do I start, manga or anime?

(epic AMV's are the way to get me interested in anything)

Postby ari-6 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:46 pm

So I begin watching...

First 10 seconds..... IT'S A TITAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!

First 5 minutes..... Man Aladdin sure is cute

1 minute later...... "I just love boobs y'know"...... Ugh

Wait a moment. I have heard Aladdin's voice before..... KALUMON???

10 minutes in... "All these women with gigantic breasts throw themselves right at you" um what am I watching?

15 minutes..... Hello interesting character. I know I recognise that voice.

20 minutes in..... George Lucas is going to be pissed!

End... WAIT! NO! You can't just run off into the sunset, you're forgetting about a certain redheaded person!

NEXT EPISODE!

Postby Cerulean » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:49 pm

ari-6 wrote:(epic AMV's are the way to get me interested in anything)

duly noted :p

If I'd seen your comment earlier, I would've recommended starting from the manga (if only because the anime does change a few things between them in season 1(and i'm still ticked a bit at what they did change)).

That, and the anime is getting pretty close to the manga material (well at least arc wise), if they fit everything in before the end (and NOT change anything), then they'll be ending at like 198, and we're currently at chapter 215 in the manga. So, if they get another season, it'll be a while before it comes out (unless they just do a filler season (I hope not)). Though, it is notable to mention that the Sinbad sidestory will be getting an OVA in May, so there's that to look forward to.

Glad to see you're sorta interested in what you've seen so far though c:

Hmmm she is the person who voices Aladdin. I don't see digimon in her list. Also, Morgiana VA and Alibaba VA
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:17 pm

Shinobu Ohtaka wrote:It is with a bitter heart that I will have to draw the death of a number of the current characters as the story progresses. Thank you for your support so I can continue drawing the manga until the end.

This is one of the reasons I stopped reading stuff from authors...NOW I'M ALL IMPATIENT!!! D:
Also, the manga is at it's rough halfway point. So cheers to another happy 200+!
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:25 pm

I just finished episode 3.... That was episode 3? That was........... AMAZING!!!

I always wanted to find an adventure anime that really get's me hooked in and I think this is it! That black haired Magi looks pretty damn cool

My only criticism is that I have yet to see a genie voiced by Robin Williams

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:30 pm

I was thinking the same thing when I read it.
Btw, the giant arms and body are close though.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:34 pm

And now I will worry about my favorites until it happens :x
I'm a bit shocked that we're going to go that far given recent events, but I'm not gonna complain, looking forward to them, now...to wait.....
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:40 pm

I think I will move to reading the manga to that I can move through it at my own pace now. Thinking back I couldn't help but notice that the red haired girl Morigana? seems to get allot of foot focus scenes. Was that just to emphasize the shackles or will she get allot of that in the future?

Postby dj1107 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:49 pm

Inside the mind of Shirai Kuroko.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TsKalKU_Yg8
Not. Soon. Enough.

I should really learn to stop posting pics on my phone it's clearly not work.
Last edited by dj1107 on Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:50 pm

@ari
Her main style is kicking stuff. It's beauteous.

@dj
The first link isn't working for me :c
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:57 pm

DJ THE FIRST LINK ISN'T WORKING! YOU CAN'T SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT AND THEN HOLD OUT ON ME MAN

ari-6 wrote:Morigana? seems to get allot of foot focus scenes. Was that just to emphasize the shackles or will she get allot of that in the future?...
Because I am totally okay with that :3

Postby dj1107 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:15 pm

To make up for my failure I'be received news of a new Rail gun ova. It's a bath house special and will have a few of the Index girls.....Let the hilarity begin.

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:44 pm

*Speeds out to search for OVA*
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:48 pm

Don't concede to failure. My yuri quota must be filled or I ASPLODE!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)