Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

Postby Cerulean » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:48 am

Huh, no Homura with glasses pic ari?

Keima Katsuragi is the only one I could think of at the moment....

AMV TIME

Found this neat SAO AMV

And another crossover AMV

spoilers so beware~
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:57 am

I have to say, the first did an amazing job with the song choice. It's different from the more popular choices, but the AMV was very well done.

Crossover AMVs leave me conflicted all the time. They're normally good like this one, but they look like a single anime. :c

Awesome shares Blue c:
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:10 am

I saw a really excellent Madoka amv with that second song monster

And now for something to brighten my day. My favourite AMV of all time

Cerulean wrote:Huh, no Homura with glasses pic ari?

Actually no I wouldn't. I prefer cool Homura

mmmmmmmmmm....... I am reading a page about the Yuri undertones in PMMM. I have had it on the brain more than usual recently. I must see that movie. Also I bought a random Madoka prize toy, hoping I would get Homura. ...............Fucking Kyubey! According to the shop owner, somone else had also gotten Kyubey that same day so the chances of it happening again...... but still it happened. Now he stares at me from over the top of my shelves. It is surprisingly creepy and cool at the same time. Finally this made me laugh Image

Oh man, dem naked space hugs! amahrite?!
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby dj1107 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:37 pm

Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:15 pm

So I'm not sure if this is the place to post this but it is something I HAD to share.

While wandering around Chinatown Flushing today, I walked into a resturaunt that had not been there the last time I was in that area called Ke Zhang replacing a place called Mr. Noodle's Seafood (yes I know, odd name, but I understand there is an extremely popular seafood Chain in Hong Kong called Mr. Beef.)
Anyhoo, the reason I am bringing it up is that THIS is what the menu looks like

Nor does it stop at the menus the, whole decor is Once Piece themed. There are two murals, one of the ship (I haven't read ahead in the manga but I assume that that is their ship down the road after    they ditch the Going Merry.    and one of the crew in thier "Mafia suits" picture. The shelves are covered with figurines (they seem to particualry love Tony Chopper Chopper in his "brain phase") The staff even wear shirts with the Staw Hat logo.

Can't say the food impressed me (My West Lake soup was thin, my stir-fried rice cakes with pork a little bland (and with WAAY more peppers and less Shitakke mushrooms than it should have had) and my beef with scallions was completely inedible. But the decor was diverting.

This may be something I should have beeng able to guess from the name (let me guess, "Ke Zhang" is Chinese for One Piece) but I don't speak Chinese, and so it was a suprise to me.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Cerulean » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:58 am

I went to the website of that place, and wow those murals look nice! It's a shame that the food wasn't that great though and that I live nowhere near NY :c

Seems like a place I'd like to visit at least once. Just curious, but was there a gift shop or anything there? Or were the figurines just for show?

@Tenshi That's the main reason I love crossover AMVs. When done well, it tells a story different from that of the originals. Contains spoilerish scenes but uses them in a way that will not really spoil anyone c:

@ari That's a really nice Madoka AMV. I had to watch it twice to fully appreciate it though, I wasn't really paying attention the first time...Still, it's great!

Two more AMVs for the night:

the nostalgia....so strong....

This is a Magi amv, and it's nice, though I'm not completely sold on it. Hmm, maybe it's the song choice? Still, thought it was nice enough to share.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:31 am

I remember that song from another AMV, Something Beautiful. I can't find it though :c
AMVs! :D
I can't remember if I've already shared these, but HAS THEM ANYWAYS!

A tear jerker. Watch this only if you've seen AnoHana. T-T

And now a laugh.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:26 am

Cerulean wrote:I went to the website of that place, and wow those murals look nice! It's a shame that the food wasn't that great though and that I live nowhere near NY :c

Seems like a place I'd like to visit at least once. Just curious, but was there a gift shop or anything there? Or were the figurines just for show?

No, no gift shop, the figurines were just there for show. Only Chinese resto I can think of in the Chinatowns that does that is Yummy Noodle in Manhattan (plus maybe one or more of the Joe's). Or should I say "did that", they closed, which I am profoundly grateful for as the logos seriously creeped me out I mean do you really want THIS looking over your shoulder as you eat https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-ash3/50354_186606382511_2906137_n.jpg (though to be fair, the real sign does not have quite such a hellacios color scheme). Thier other logo was worse, a buck toothed, unshaven short order cook holding a noodle bowl, with X's for eyes. I think they were trying to imply "our food is so good it will make you lose consciosness, but what I always got is "our food will kill you", which given the one time I ate there, I am inclined to agree with (my ginger and scallion Hong Kong style lo mein's broth tasted metallic, and my Ha-moon Chow Mai Fun had actual pieces of TINFOIL hiding between the noodles. How the place stayed in business so long I'll never know.)

And to be fair to Ke Zhang, I'm not sure if I approached the food from the right POV. I'm not sure the beef was MEANT to taste the way I expected it to taste (the resto is acutally sort of Pan Asian, and given the presentation that may have been Japanese or South east Asian style scallion beef. By those standards, it may have been a fine example. The West Lake soup had nothing wrong with it, it was just much weaker in flavor than I feel it should have been, and since I consider West Lake soup to be a pretty simple dish to prepare (note for those who have not gotten into deeper Chinese food, West Lake soup is basically egg drop soup, but with beef and cilantro added in (also often mushrooms and small tofu cubes)) I tend to be a little harsh on it. And I'm biased on rice cakes; after all of my time prowling around the Chinatowns, I've actually gotten to the point where I prefer the more traditional Shanghai method of making them (with just shredded pork and preserved vegetables) so places that make them the other way (in a soy based sauce with assorted veggies, in the manner of lo mein or yaki undon) are never going to taste as good to me.
Last edited by Mon-Kitsune on Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:31 am

I've never been there, but my cousin has.
Seems she went during the summer.

Whenever I pass by a certain street in Flushing, there's always a new restaurant replacing an old one every month.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:37 am

Possibly where I was; some areas seem to just not be able to hold a place. There were at least three other places that had flipped over since I was there last time, including the dim sum hall (okay not exactly "flipped" they hadn't changed the menu, but they are no longer a branch of East Manor and the obviosly have new dim sum chefs (worse ones, I was not impressed).
Summer, then we would not have met, by the summer I'm back prowling Mahattan.

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:35 am

Was it near the Flushing library?
Most of the stores at the end of those streets don't last very long. I remember a really nice cafe that played K-On songs, closed after 2 months :c
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:24 pm

Not really. The area WAS on Kissenea, where the Flushing Library is (well, one side of it) but a LOT farther up, around Laburnum. But I think I know the area you are talking about; the block of Main St scross from the library does have a pretty heavy turnover, as does Resturaunt Row (the chunk of 41st that runs between Main and Prince which I suppose is also library ajacent.)
Yes the good places do tend to die quick. There was a little cafe up on Main and Maple last year that made a wonderful smoked pork noodle stiry fry (like Zha Jiang Mian, but they used bacon instead of plain ground pork). Closed two weeks after I found them.
If you want to reply to this please just PM me. I'm happy to keep talking, but we should really leave the anime thread to the anime posts.

Postby ari-6 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:36 pm

Yes! My internet! She has returned to me! Ahem.....

So I started marathoning PMMM again. I intend to watch the new movie when I am finished. If anyone has a link to where I can watch the movie in decent quality, and by decent I really just mean: better than phone recording. I want to see if it outdoes "The disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya" as the best anime movie continuation of an anime series.

Postby Cerulean » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:20 am

Unfortunately, those cell phone versions are the only ones popping up :/. Some good news though! Apparently the DVD/Blu-Ray of the movie will be released April 2, 2014. So roughly 2 1/2 months (maybe more...) to go before a really good version comes out.

@Tenshi I'm starting to think that any amv dealing with anohana is gonna make me cry :c at least the second one made me happy c:

Here's an Action AMV

Fairy Tail, Bleach, DBZ, Attack on Titans, One Piece, and a certain magical index, so beware of possible spoilers

EDIT: I know this was supposed to be a serious moment and everything, but I couldn't stop laughing at this. Sharing it here for whoever sees :p

Image Image

I hate that I couldn't find a single gif of this scene, but this works too (I guess).
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:13 pm

Well I just realised something ridiculous

Same voice actor

If I were going to make an MLP Madoka parody then Angel would be Kyubey and Rarity would be the first to die.

If I were going to create some kind of PMMM themed MLP fancomic then Discord would be the Kyubey and Rarity would be the first to die.

Not that I have given this any thought or anything.

Postby dj1107 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:03 pm

Well I'm nearly done with Stone Ocean. Gotta say this series started out pretty slow but gradually got better in time.

Postby ari-6 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:22 am

Your on stone ocean? Is that the one with Jolyne? Is it really good?

Postby dj1107 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:53 am

ari-6 wrote:Your on stone ocean? Is that the one with Jolyne? Is it really good?

It's not "really good" there are some Da fuck moments & it took awhile for the series to get going, but it really did pick up by the time Ermes & F.F. join the fray.

It also gets points for having the villain be more interesting then the last guy.

I'm about 4 arcs away from finishing the part & then I can get to the one I've been anticipating.

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:08 am

I've been watching Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai Ren!

Pretty good atm, the animations seemed to have been stepped up. Only 3 episodes in and it has more drama and emotional effect than I originally expected. They're playing heavily on the notion that the characters were well established from the previous season, and it's working marvelously.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:44 pm

@ari I think I've read that somewhere before (the thing about the VAs). Very interesting. And of course Kyubey wouldn't lie, he just selectively withholds information that he deems unnecessary, but hey, at least he's not a liar. :p

I'm not usually into really short anime (like 5 minutes or so) but I'm really getting into this show called Tonari no Seki-kun. It's like 5 minutes of smiles and entertainment. There are only 5 episodes (and an OVA) out right now, but I'm not tired of the premise yet. And the ending is just so freaking catchy (and yes there's an ED and OP). Nice for a quick laugh/smile at least.

Now, as for Chuunibyou........I'll start it one day :c
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:04 pm

Start it today :3

This is honestly the first anime in a while that actually has me waiting for the next episode.
Beyond the Boundary and To Aru, I was able to wait every few weeks, so that the episodes could pile up, but Chuu2 Ren has me hyped every week. c:
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:56 pm

Maybe this weekend :p

With any luck (and a bit of time) I can knock a few more series off my list too. Oh and you know Kimi no iru Machi ends soonish right? Only one chapter left.
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:23 pm

You had to remind me T.T

I have to say, the ending of the last chapter was a bit predictable. Idk, it's relatively well explained, but still, it's SUPER optimistic that the timing was that perfect.

The last chapter better have 50 pages 'A'
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:13 am

Yea.....that it was. I guess it was to make up for her not waiting for him before? In any case, I'm still sort of holding out for the bittersweet ending, and I'm still sort of ticked that he never became a cook/chef (even though it was extremely hinted at throughout the entire thing........).

I am seriously doubting that I'll be completely happy with whatever ending he gives us, but then, who knows. So yes, it better have more pages and a nice fleshed out ending (anything less than 50 won't feel appropriate). Ugh, I'm almost willing to bet that next chapter will be yet another time skip and they'll be happily ever after (especially if there are only the usual 20 pages).
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:59 am

Noooo :c

The timeskips in this series irritates me, but I understand why they're needed...damn it...
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)