Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

Postby dj1107 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:32 pm

Given that humanity is on the brink of extinction & he's experienced really bad mental scaring I think Eren has a every right to be a dick.
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:37 pm

I don't care if he's a dick. My problem wasn't with the characters.
The story itself is pretty bad. The concept is good, the follow through is awful.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Am I considered a prude for liking Highschool DxD, Yeah it's solely exist for cheesecake but I don't know there's just something about it that doesn't make me feel sheepish for liking it.

Postby Cerulean » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:27 am

Nope, to each their own c:

ari-6 wrote:Oh I did not mean to say it was best, I just meant there have been a couple of good series this year.

But I think we can all agree that the best anime of 2013 is without a doubt Aku no Hana.

Ohhh, you've watched it already. I was planning on recommending it (when I got around to starting it) if it turned out to be pretty good. Will watch it eventually~

One of my personal favorites for this year was Chihayafuru 2.

Also (about Boundary), episode 10 explained a LOT of stuff (confused me about one thing though....), and I loved the ending of episode 11, the rest of the episode (11) was just sort of...ok I guess.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:37 am

This one thing?
Ep 11 was killed with those feely feels :c
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:57 am

I know right :c

And I'm probably just thinking about it too hard....but remember earlier in the series when Mirai told Aki that they were different? Later on, she looked shocked with not only Aki's transformation, but also shocked at the revelation that they weren't so different afterall. If she knew about everything from the beginning, then wouldn't she have had an inkling about that beforehand? Or was it that she was so absorbed in herself at the time, that she didn't see/fully comprehend everything that was right there in front of her.

I'm curious about Aki's history, but I doubt we'll get those answers this late in the game.....
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:04 am

I think it was the fact Aki sacrificed his own well being.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:01 pm

I guess some of the plus's to liking Highschool DxD that it is self aware & doesn't take itself too seriously, our hero is a definite change to what we usually get in harem titles, & that the ending themes are so damn catchy. Also this:
http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... er_new.jpg
because japan loves to f*** with my brain.

Postby ari-6 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:59 pm

Festive Tenshi wrote:Shingeki sucked.
It's like Bleach. Looks pretty, interesting idea, suck the protagonist's dick and gives him next level plot armor.

I always get depressed when you say how much you dislike SNK. I really thought you liked it and I thought I would have someone to talk about it with,

Festive Tenshi wrote:Say what you will about plot armor, but Misaka is clearly more skilled than Ymir.

When I learned about Annie, I immediately became addicted, all the way until she used that crystal cocoon. The entire time I was thinking, Annie is a demon child(reference to League of Legends). When she said she was afraid of the dark, I thought it was so cute, and was thinking, awww the demon child is sacred of the dark. Then when the reveal came, I was almost yelling, FUCK YEA! DEMON CHILD GO APE SHIT NOW!

Annie is competing Misaka for my favorite character of Attack on Titan. I need to see them go at it.

The titans in the wall thing wasn't very surprising :p
Honestly speaking, when they first mentioned the titans having no way to reproduce, I started assuming that titans are somehow connected to humans. When the mentioned how people built the wall, I was already assuming that titans most likely built it.
Connie's mom wasn't very surprising, the observation they made were something I made while reading the pages prior.

The hairy titan interests me, seeming to be the most intelligent of the titans, I want to see him converse with someone.

Castle Utgard, was predictable to me. I was hoping to see Historia pull out the titan card but it didn't come up.

The 2 guys being revealed to be the colossus and armored was well done imo. Again, one reason I like it is because of the human psych topic. Seeing them torn apart over emotions like that was amazingly well done imo, especially when Armin started to fuck with Bert's feeling for Annie. Armin is one of my favorites no doubt, because he's smart, extremely. So that scene made him look so fucked up and badass I loved it.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby dj1107 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:08 pm

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:12 pm

@ari
You can discuss anything you wish with me. Just because someone doesn't like something doesn't mean they can't talk about it.
I feel like I've told you this a few times already.
I talk to my friends about it plenty.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:20 pm

I just feel like that one time that guy came on the SNK thread and started talking about how much he hated it and it was too reliant on plot convenience, you also started talking about how you dislike it. Not that I am saying you are easily influenced, not at all, It is just that I don't exactly really agree with him.

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:22 pm

I still don't see the problem.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:24 pm

I'm sorry, I did not mean to imply that I had a problem.

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:33 pm

ari-6 wrote:I always get depressed when you say how much you dislike SNK. I really thought you liked it and I thought I would have someone to talk about it with

You can still talk to me about it. I don't mind. I haven't read the most recent chapter though.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:43 pm

They basically just find out that the people in charge are against them actually changing anything. If mankind is allowed to live beyond the walls then the people with power won't have as much power. And it has basically been implied the people in charge know about the titans and how they were created and if anyone finds out then they would be held accountable.

So in short the scouting legion are hiding from the military who want to throw them in prison for treason, Put Eren in a cell next to Annie and kill Christa.

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:49 pm

Predictable and interesting. I do wonder though, why did they not kill Eren? I have yet to read it.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:03 pm

You know who I hope they get for Part 3 of JoJo's music? Diggy-Mo. Mostly because I want to hear Voodoo Kingdom for when DIO is revealed.

Also Accelerator vs a tag-team of King Ghidorah & Destroyah who'd win?

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:19 am

I don't know much about JoJo's. :c

I got around to reading SnK. I like the torture and flashbacks. I take back my comment calling it predictable. They expanded on information from previous chapters, which is always a plus, unless it's one of the gruesomely long ones other anime tend to use as filler.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:46 pm

I love the idea that they need to find a place for Eren to train with his powers while hiding at the same time. And the big question is "Where the hell to you hide something that big?". I am looking forward to them returning to Erens home. Assuming something random and unpredictable does not happen to screw up their plans. But honestly what are the chances of that....

dj1107 wrote:Also Accelerator vs a tag-team of King Ghidorah & Destroyah who'd win?
I would have to say it depends on which Accelerator. I do not think he could beat them both in 15 minutes so if he was relying on the collar then I think they might wear him down

Postby Havoc » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:32 am

So I was thinking about reading the Deadman Wonderland manga. But I was wondering how different was it from the anime. Should I start from the beginning, or should I pick up from where the anime left off?

Also I've read a manga called Psyren, But I haven't gotten far, nor have I picked it back up in a while. Does anyone know if it's any good?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:18 am

Deadman Wonderland anime sucked :p
I suggest reading from the beginning, so you can see all the censored out scenes. You can skip past little conversations here and there.

I started Psyren, it was a trade that a friend would read another manga. He says it's his favorite manga to date, but he's only read a around 10 other manga. I've only read the first couple volumes, so I can't honestly suggest it, but I can say I've only heard good things.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:13 am

I just finished Beyond the Boundary...
It always annoys me when an ending just doesn't match up to the rest of the anime.
Seemed too cheesy and rushed for my tastes, but that's a curse many manga/anime have had.
Hopefully, it'll get a S2...but if it doesn't...I'd have to move my original 8 down to a 6/10... :c

Gahh, it annoys me to no end when the ending to a show just seems so off key than the rest of the series.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:46 am

The narrator's voice over felt sort of final, but if it does get a second season, I'd probably watch it. I was content with the episode, until.....you know the very end of it. So many questions left unanswered (or at least not delved into deeply enough for my liking).
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:58 am

Eh, for me the entire episode felt like a watching a movie being fast forwarded. Manga and anime that do that frustrate me :c
So much build up, amazing points, and at the very end...a cheap wrap up...disappointing...I think that may be one reason I avoid short series, those tend to wrap up poorly than longer ones.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)