Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:00 pm

When time finds us.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:11 pm

I am really sorry but I don't think I will ever read Jo Jo's Bizarre adventure. It is not that I doubt how good you say it is, it is just that I usually go for series that are complete in under a hundred chapters. And on top of this I am not a large fan of shounen Jump. I feel awful about saying no after you started reading To Aru based on a recommendation from the people here. I really hope I have not disappointed you too badly.

Also Tenshi, sorry to bother you but you did not answer my question about your birth date. I only asked because you said happy birthday to me on my own and I would feel guilty if I did not at least do the same. So I have been trying to keep a look out for when your name shows up in the announcements at the bottom and on your profile but I am still worried I will miss the date like I missed Ceruleans
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby dj1107 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:35 pm

You could always just read Part 1 which is only 45 chapters long but downside is a depressing ending.

Even though I haven't gotten to the Part yet Part 7 a good jumping on point given that it's a rebooted universe & from what I understand from fans it's just as good as Part 1 & 2. 95 chapters

http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1050475?tags=dio_brando
uwwwwwrrrrrryyyyyy~~~~
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:36 pm

My bad ari, somehow didn't read that. February 2nd.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:45 pm

The 2nd of the 2nd. That should be easier to remember

Dj could you tell me please is each part with a new main character a stand alone story or does one have to read every part to understand the story? Stone Ocean sounded genuinely interesting to me. I do not think I have heard of many Shounen Jump battle manga with a female lead. But then I have not read many.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby dj1107 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:06 pm

With Part 1, 2 & 3 it feels like a straight trilogy. Part 4 & 5 have certain characters & elements come back such as Jotaro (from Part 3) & Joseph (from Part 2 & 3) relationship with Josuke (from Part 4) & how Dio was a better Aizen throughout all 7 parts but overall Part 4 & 5 serve as there own stories.

I have yet to get to Part 6 so I really can't comment on how that part serves as either a standalone or a continuation or both. & as said before Part 7 & 8 are rebooted universes.

Postby Wulfespinndel » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:21 pm

Oh shit JoJo! I'm a fan! What are you guys talking about right now?
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby dj1107 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:42 pm

Bellorosso del Fiore wrote:Oh shit JoJo! I'm a fan! What are you guys talking about right now?

I'm generally trying to help out which Parts serve as a good standalone. I'm already in the middle of Part 5, how far have you gotten?

Also I wish if Part 4 will ever be animated I hope to see crossover pics of that & Railgun.

Postby ari-6 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:50 pm

So JoJo and Railgun are your two favourite things?
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby dj1107 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:58 pm

ari-6 wrote:So JoJo and Railgun are your two favourite things?

It's right now the only 2 things I won't shut the f*** up about in terms of anime. Well there's also Code Geass but that series is 3 to 4 years old by now so I don't want to sound dated.

Reason why I pick Part 4 to go with Railgun is because...Well Part 4 is an almost slice of life/action story. Every wacky thing that goes on in Part 4 is just solely in the town of Morioh. So I think it's a good enough fit to cross with Railgun. Just pray none of the girls run into Yoshikage Kira.

Postby ari-6 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:47 pm

What is their stand?
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby dj1107 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:12 pm

Josuke's Stand is Crazy Diamond. It has the ability to fix anything or revert something to it's original form. It ultimately can't heal Josuke's wounds or bring people back from the dead.

Okuyasu's stand is The Hand. Essentially it's right hand has the ability to make space in between Okuyasu & his target disappear.

Koichi's Stand is Echoes a unique Stand that has 3 modes. Act 1 creates sounds. Act 2 can use words such as "woosh" or "boing" on an object & it'll act like said sound.

Rohan's is Heaven's Door a Stand that can incapacitate someone & turn there body into a book in which he can either gain information about the individual or mess with their fate by writing something like "I can not attack Rohan Kishibe" & it'll work.

Postby Wulfespinndel » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:40 pm

I've read parts one and two, and I've played through an adaption of Part 3 via Heritage for the Future; I know I'm missing out on playing the video game version of the Parts, but I'm kind of a more straightforward person, though if given the time I would read a little further into some stuff. I've also seen a walk through of the video game version of Part 5, but because I saw everything in Japanese text only, that makes me have to read it to find out just what the heck they said. I got an idea of what was happening however because there was a commentator named NakaTeleeli explaining what was happening during his walkthrough and he also said to his viewers what parts of Part 5 was cut out as well.
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby dj1107 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:52 pm

Bellorosso del Fiore wrote:I've read parts one and two, and I've played through an adaption of Part 3 via Heritage for the Future; I know I'm missing out on playing the video game version of the Parts, but I'm kind of a more straightforward person, though if given the time I would read a little further into some stuff. I've also seen a walk through of the video game version of Part 5, but because I saw everything in Japanese text only, that makes me have to read it to find out just what the heck they said. I got an idea of what was happening however because there was a commentator named NakaTeleeli explaining what was happening during his walkthrough and he also said to his viewers what parts of Part 5 was cut out as well.

Essentially here's the gist of Part 5: It follows Giorno Giovana the kinda sorta son of Dio as he joins a gang in order to get to the boss of a mafia, overthrow him & become a Gangstar. Despite being the son of Dio he still carries the bravery & honor of The Joestar Bloodline as his intentions of becoming a Gangstar is to clean up the streets of Italy.

Postby ari-6 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 am

I am not sure how well a crossover between JoJo and Railgun would work. I feel like if any characters from Jo were to step into Railgun their powers would look OP by comparison.

I always thought that Railgun and X-men would be an interesting crossover as their powers seem to work on similar physics. For example Cyclops eye beams are similar to Melt-downer's lasers. Mental-out's power similar to Professor-X. Kuroko and Nightcrawler. Magneto and Mikoto. Newt and Touma. Also I think Darker than Black would crossover pretty well. The main characters of both, Mikoto and Hei have similar powers.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby dj1107 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:39 pm

Well in comparisons of every other JoJo Stand Part 4's are really tame in comparisons. I mean you want an OP Stand look up Fugo's Purple Haze from Part 5. That Stand was so broken Araki had to write Fugo outta the story.

http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1557788 ... rai_kuroko
Fraking science babbies how do they work.

Postby ari-6 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:53 pm

How does it work? By the sheer force of Kuroko's will, that's how! Nice pic
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:08 pm

Well...some scientists do get bored...
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:18 pm

ari-6 wrote:How does it work? By the sheer force of Kuroko's will, that's how! Nice pic

NoName: ari, in my times of patrolling & saving this city I've seen kids with superpowers, a 30 year old in a 4 year old body, A freaky fetus monster, A girl with flowers in her hair that has a snake fetish, & a really horny girl who can teleport. Two women having a child through the miracle of science is no longer the strangest thing on my list.

Postby ari-6 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:25 pm

I'm sorry but who is NoName?
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby dj1107 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:42 pm

ari-6 wrote:I'm sorry but who is NoName?

That fanfic character I created & mentioned a few pages back. Need to think of a good narrative.

On another subject I found an interesting crossover doujinshi of Madoka Magica & Kamen Rider Fourze.

Postby ari-6 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:53 pm

Yeah? What's the art look like?
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby dj1107 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:00 pm

ari-6 wrote:Yeah? What's the art look like?

Pretty good.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:31 pm

I thought One Piece was on hiatus. Not arguing with it.

IN OTHER NEWS CHUU2 S2 NEXT MONTH! WOOP WOOP!
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:52 pm

Zeppeli & Speedwagon host the first ever JJBATAS comment special. Along with the backstory of Zeppeli (which is believe it or not told VERY accurately).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrykq0jJAuk

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)