Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

Postby Cerulean » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:54 pm

My thoughts after watching all these AMVs:
- That ghost vid is always adorable, no matter how many times I see it
- That parody amv was fun to watch
- Why have I not watched To aru yet.....

So now I am bumping that one up my list

Hmm, I've never heard of Haunted Junction. How good is it?
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:08 pm

Yesh! Btw

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLUE!
c:
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:26 pm

aww, thanks (again xD) Tenshi c:
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:19 pm

I found this anime a little while ago, I don't know much about other than I think the main character looks kind of cool and the intro is bizarrely heavy for what its actually about:

Bark

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:53 pm

Cerulean wrote:Hmm, I've never heard of Haunted Junction. How good is it?

So-so. Some bits are semi funny like Mutsuki Asahina ridiculously advanced shouta complex (I'll save you looking it up, a shouta complex is the female version of a Lolita complex) up to and including things that go well into the realm of sexual harassment (like pulling Nino's bathing suit waistband open sticking a camera in there and snapping a pic of his you-know-what) Kazuno's tendency to become possessed on a near constant basis, or the sheer impossibility of Haruto to achieve his dream of just having a normal life (his dream future is literally to become an ordinary salary man). there are a lot of jokes about other animes (particularly Sailor Moon and Neon Genesis Evangelion) and Japanese ghost stories, and more than a little fanservice (when one of your main characters is basically the ghost of a (presumed) suicide who now exists as a sexy version of a female toilet ghost and another who is more or less the same thing (minus the suicide maybe) for the girls (who is only initially captured BECAUSE Mutsuki is a shouta, and as such immune to his masculine wiles.) you have to sort of expect that. If I am sounding a little tepid, it's because the show's run was so short (12 episodes) it never really developed much. Wiki link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haunted_Junction
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby dj1107 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:08 pm

https://www.donmai.us/posts/1026792

F*** me there go my feels again.
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby ari-6 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:36 am

Holly crap Mutt, I had read wata mote but I had not seen the anime. I had no idea the intro was like that. They had way too much fun coming up with that one.

Also Cerulean, I am sorry I did not wish you a happy birthday yesterday but my internet has been down. Sorry about that.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby dj1107 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:40 am

ooooooh so that's blue. Happy belated birthday.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:20 pm

Since it turns music clip things are OK to post here, here are a few ones I found funny

"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby dj1107 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:10 am

http://donmai.us/posts/365349

So let me get this straight: Lelouch is the primary villain & is responsible for everything that happen to 6 of the 8 heroes of the series & once one of his minions reboots the universe he'll become a man with a shapeshifting raptor.....I would so watch that.

Postby Cerulean » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:47 am

It's ok, I understand ari. Thank you (to both ari and dj) I really appreciate it c:

@dj yep, I am blue (my original username was bluebluetopaz, so if you want, you could call me blue, or cer, whichever :p)

So now that to aru is at the top of my list, I was wondering whether or not there was an accompanying manga to go along with it? one that I might want to read before watching the series or something? If not, then I'll just go ahead and start watching sometime within the next week or so.

I sort of like that rock and trees vid, sort of soothing and catchy.

@dj is that a spin off manga for code geass? there are shapeshifting raptors in there? o.o
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:33 am

No the pic is just a parody of Code Geass in Araki's style. Essentially what I said was basically the sum up of JoJo's main villain throughout the series: Dio Brando

Essentially the Raptor bit is refereeing to Dio's SBR counterpart Diego Brando (a horse racer who gains the Stand "Scary Monster" which turns him into a raptor.) Oh & Diego isn't the main villain for Part 7 instead it's the President of the United States.
Last edited by dj1107 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Tuor » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:36 am

Wow, that image is huge
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby dj1107 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:51 am

Tuor wrote:Wow, that image is huge

Well considering that it's Dio......

Eh don't worry I replaced it with a smaller one (at least I hope it's smaller)

Postby Tuor » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:57 am

Yes, thanks
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:21 am

@blue
There's 2 different To Aru's
Majutsu no Index is the first. Kagaku no Railgun is a spin off, but has it's own storyline, so you wouldn't have to watch the first.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:40 am

Cerulean wrote:I sort of like that rock and trees vid, sort of soothing and catchy.

yeah, the Arrogant Worms are good at catchy. Pity I stick at making these things. I have great Ideas for one for The Last Saskachewan Pirate (with Once Piece Clips) and something for Tokyo Love Song (with clips from any anime with huge monsters). I seem to recall there IS another anime video around somewhere featuring their Beer Song and clips from Trigun.

Postby ari-6 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:06 am

Cerulean, I would recommend watching both seasons of Railgun before watching Index. And I would also recommend reading the railgun manga (have not read index) but that is just me.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby dj1107 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:34 pm

Still think the funniest chapters in the Railgun manga were the premotion side chapters. Essentially Uiharu & Saten talk about the first season of the anime (which was new at the time) for a chapter & get hyped over the stuff that's going to happen (Filler arc, voice cast, music, & The inclusion of Kongo Mitsuko who at the time only appeared in the Light Novels) so much so that they said that people wouldn't have to read the manga anymore, & then realise what they just said.

Another good one comes in the promotion for Index's movie "Miracle of Endimiyon" during the chapter Saten points out the glaring plothole of Endimiyon (A massive space elevator) on why that "If this things been here for a while now how come we've never seen it before in previous chapters & episodes?" To which Uiharu gives the best excuse about it "It was off panel." Saten: "Yeah but-" Uiharu: "It. Was. Off. Panel."

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:22 pm

Accelerator and Last Order. Nuff. Said. 8)
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:33 pm

Just a shame we're going to have to wait a year or two for his anime to happen.

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:18 pm

BUT IT WILL BE WORTH!
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:28 pm

& Yet he still won't have a ice cream shop-like harem like Touma & will never be as fabulous as the Joestar line.

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:39 pm

Good. He doesn't need petty extras. >.>
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:45 pm

Nope all he needs is his loli.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)