Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

Postby dj1107 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:26 am

ari-6 wrote:So the actual route from the series is the only one not included? That is strange. I wonder why.

The game serves it's own continuity (most of it taking place in S1 since R2 wasn't out yet though Rolo makes a brief appearance in a omake) The player takes control of Rai a man with no memory of his past who stumbled onto Ashford Academy. This character has Geass with it's effects being through hearing as oppose to Lelouch's eye contact Geass.
From there the game splits in 4 paths. The Code Geass path which is depressing, The Black Knights path that can go either way, The Holy Empire of Britannia Path which has the best "Fuck You" button ever, Or the Ashford Academy path where it becomes a slice-of-life/harem game.
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Cerulean » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:13 pm

AnoHana...I didn't tear through most if it...the last 10 minutes...just took the entire series and shoved it in your face...T.T
TEARS WERE SHED!

Yep, that last episode did me in. So many feels :c

Tenshi Nova wrote:So this basically sums up episode one of Beyond the Boundary

Is that a good thing? Or.....
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:17 pm

See, when I say this pretty much sums up the first episode. The feeling and information you gather from this pic, is oddly accurate.
It's cutsie, sometimes too much so.
It's cheesy, not predictable, but it recycles popular anime habits.
It's funny, depends on the person.
It's a shit ton of fucking information.
It's relatively bloody. heh
idk, ppl tell me that around episode 4 it gets REAL!
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:19 pm

Heh, I think this one just moved up my list by a lot. Sounds interesting.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:51 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:idk, ppl tell me that around episode 4 it gets REAL!

I will probably watch it eventually. That is the mood I take to most new anime and so many times I thought "How have I not watched this yet? What have I been doing with my life?!" but when everyone I know and most of the news posts on the sites I visit say episode 4 it gets REAL! I somtimes listen
Oh god I have been wasting so much time.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:01 pm

Ew...Naruto...
I haven't seen Ep 4 of BtB yet. Afterwards though, I'll share my verdict.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:16 pm

Back on the subject of Lost Colors alow me to explain what the "Fuck You" button is on the Empire route: Rai's Geass can essentially cancel out the Geass effect on Euphie thus preventing...Well everything after that certain event. & given the choice afterwards Euphie decides to fall for Rai. Suck it Suzaku.

Postby ari-6 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:32 pm

I hate those self insert characters. Depending on which route you take, the main character is your best friend or your worst enemy regardless of what their goals were in the series.

Postby dj1107 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:51 pm

ari-6 wrote:I hate those self insert characters. Depending on which route you take, the main character is your best friend or your worst enemy regardless of what their goals were in the series.

Then you'd hate my fanfics if you don't like self insert characters.

Well players could always take the Geass route which as I stated is depressing. Mostly because the ending has Rai use Geass in the thought elevator to erase himself from existence & from everyones mind. Like I said depressing route is depressing.

Postby ari-6 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:56 pm

dj1107 wrote: Mostly because the ending has Rai use Geass in the thought elevator to erase himself from existence & from everyones mind.
........Gee, how original (sarcasm) *cough Serial experiments Lain *cough Madoka

Postby dj1107 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:00 pm

ari-6 wrote:........Gee, how original (sarcasm) *cough Serial experiments Lain *cough Madoka

Well Code Geass isn't a very original anime.

Watched another Rock Lee SD clip this one staring Jiraya. Man everytime I hear his voice I'm expecting him to get closeline by someone for just making good-yet-stupid decisions.

To anyone who doesn't get the reference it's to the Kamen Rider Den-O character Deneb.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:44 pm

So I watched Beyond the Boundary, up to date. Episode 4 was worth the wait. It felt like a movie after it was over.
Still going to wait for more to come, before passing judgement, but I like it so far.
I've seen a few anime in the past, but none quite like this. It's too cute and serious all at once.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:17 pm

Mother......of..........god.

Postby ari-6 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:51 pm

I think my brains just came out of my nose.

Tenshi Nova wrote: It's too cute and serious all at once.

Well I remember very well the last show I heard someone describe as cute and serious, but it is still way to early to jump to conclusions.

Postby dj1107 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:24 am

Recently came across news of another fighting game called Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax. It's a straight up arcade fighting game with some characters being assists
So far roster includes:

-Misaka Mikoto (playable) & Kamijou Touma (assist) from the series I won't shut the hell up about next to JoJo.
-Shana (playable) & Wilhelmina Carmel (assist) from Shakugan no Shana.
-Heiwajima Shizuo (playable) & Celty Sturluson (assist) from Durarara!!
-Kuroyukihime (playable) & Arita Haruyuki (assist) from Accel World
-Asuna (playable) & Leafa (assist) from SAO
-& finally Kousaka Kirino (playable) & Kuroneko (assist) from Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai.

Postby ari-6 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:35 am

"Kuroneko"? Black Cat? Do you know about any fighting games with characters from Jumps Black Cat? I really would like to play a fighting game as Eve.

Postby dj1107 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:48 am

Well there was Jump Ultimate Stars for the Nintendo DS that had both Train Heartnet & Eve as battle characters.

Postby ari-6 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 am

And me without a DS, shucks.

I was considering buying the boxset of Black cat but I am not totally sure it is worth it. Maybe I stick to buying the manga.

Postby Cerulean » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:30 am

I'm determined to watch boundary before the end of this week >.>

ari-6 wrote:Well I remember very well the last show I heard someone describe as cute and serious, but it is still way to early to jump to conclusions.

Was that Madoka? I remember things getting very real in episode 3 (last episode I watched).

dj1107 wrote:-Misaka Mikoto (playable) & Kamijou Touma (assist) from the series I won't shut the hell up about next to JoJo.
-Shana (playable) & Wilhelmina Carmel (assist) from Shakugan no Shana.
-Heiwajima Shizuo (playable) & Celty Sturluson (assist) from Durarara!!
-Kuroyukihime (playable) & Arita Haruyuki (assist) from Accel World
-Asuna (playable) & Leafa (assist) from SAO
-& finally Kousaka Kirino (playable) & Kuroneko (assist) from Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai.

Of these choices, I think that I would end up playing as Shana. Kuroyukihime would probably be a close second. Interesting that the characters from Oreimo are here too....I wasn't aware of them having any sort of powers, but then I still haven't seen it....very curious

@ari hmmm, this Eve you speak of reminds me a lot of Niche from Letter Bee. Her main weapon wasn't her hand though. At risk of expanding my already huge list, would you recommend Black Cat? I've seen you mention it a lot.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:04 am

The characters from Oreimo don't have powers it's just for sh**s & giggles. Kinda like what'll happen when Dark Yugi is announced for J-stars.

Postby Cerulean » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:10 am

Ohh, ok gotcha.

Also, you don't have to censor yourself c:
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:36 am

Cerulean wrote:Was that Madoka? I remember things getting very real in episode 3 (last episode I watched).
Episode three was the last you watched? I just can not wrap my mind around this. I understand your words but it is like they just don't make any logical sense when paced in that order. And yeah, I meant Madoka

@ari hmmm, this Eve you speak of reminds me a lot of Niche from Letter Bee. Her main weapon wasn't her hand though. At risk of expanding my already huge list, would you recommend Black Cat? I've seen you mention it a lot.[/quote]

Yeah I guess I would recommend Black Cat. I don't have such a high opinion of Jump overall but I really enjoy it, although it takes a couple of volumes for the art and story to peek, I probably would have dropped it after the first volume if not for wanting to see the end of the Eve storyline. If you need a synopsis, then it is about one ex assassin, one ex FBI agent, one master thief and one genetically modified super weapon little girl as they work as bounty hunters or just doing odd jobs to get by while staying out of the eye of one shady syndicate and working against one brotherhood of super powered psychopaths. (I know you can read a synopsis anywhere but I like to write my own)

Can you recommend me Letter Bee? What kind of story is it?
dj1107 wrote: Kinda like what'll happen when Dark Yugi is announced for J-stars.
Dont be joking bout that. Dark Yugi will go all ancient Egypt on your ass.

Postby Cerulean » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:47 am

I'm going to finish it :p
With any luck I should finish it by early next week if I watch an ep or two a day.

Also, Letter Bee is an anime/manga about letters and their carriers (Letter Bees). A letter can literally be anything, and Letter Bees have a partner with whom they deliver these letters (referred to as dingos). The Letter Bees are specially trained to deliver letters due to the threat from creatures known as Gaichuu (usually in the form of a humongous bug (in the anime they look gorgeous when contrasted against the anime style)) who will attack anyone with "heart" (which is also in every letter, so it makes the bees job that much more dangerous). They each have some sort of weapon that they use to defend themselves, though the weapons require the use of their "heart", so if they use too much power, they risk losing themselves.

The first few episodes are a bit slow, and use the time to inform the audience of what is what in the world. Personally, I feel that it is one of the most beautiful anime (art wise) that I've ever seen (or at least remember). There are quite a few mysteries in this series, and a few dark moments (although there are a lot of light moments). I enjoyed it, but haven't read the manga just yet. But yep, I would recommend it. I'll probably end up adding Black Cat :p

Here, have some nice non spoilery images:
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:28 am

ari-6 wrote:"Kuroneko"? Black Cat? Do you know about any fighting games with characters from Jumps Black Cat? I really would like to play a fighting game as Eve.
Cerulean wrote:I'm determined to watch boundary before the end of this week >.>

Excellent. c:
Now off to look into the other shows :P
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:24 pm

The Crimson Fucker returns to start his long awaited boner-inducing rematch against the Nazi's in Hellsing Ultimate abridged ep 4.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4wY-FhBArw

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)