Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:05 pm

Not even. Accelerator could slow down Hulk just enough for him to touch him. Mess up his bodily functions and done.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:51 pm

I'd like to see the full 22 member powered roster of the current Avengers vs Accelerator. Don't really care who wins just be an awesome fight.
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:58 pm

pfft. Accelerator goes and pushes a nuke worth of energy in all directions.
As Ari mentioned, mixing universes tend to be to unstable a debate.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:12 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:pfft. Accelerator goes and pushes a nuke worth of energy in all directions.
As Ari mentioned, mixing universes tend to be to unstable a debate.

Keep in mind that the current incarnation of the Avengers has the God of Thunder, A Superman analog, A person with the powers of the universe, & an alien who created a garden & atmosphere on Mars.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:20 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:As Ari mentioned, mixing universes tend to be to unstable a debate.

Money still on Accelerator.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:23 pm

Any hit landed on Accelerator is repelled in the same direction 100% assuming we are talking about early Accelerator, so characters that rely on strength like hulk are out. Thor would not be able to touch him and I doubt he could work up any electrical attack that Mikoto could not, but at the same time Accelerator could not kill him. Providing IronMan survived the first fight he would go away, analyse and come up with some bullshit science sollution to beating Accelerator. Which would either work or IronMan would die. That is the problem with crossing universes. You could argue that Batman would win a fight with anyone because he is prepared for everything.

But if it was Avengers vs Accelerator relying on his collar, Accelerator would definitely lose.

Hey Tenshi, could you recommend The Breaker to me as a series to read? I saw it has excellent art but I have been putting off reading some other series even though their art is good. What is the story like?
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:50 pm

It gets better the longer you stick to it.
I was bored shitless at the beginning.
But I made a deal with a friend, I read Breaker if he read something else for me.
The more you read, the more it dragged you in.

If you want something more to the story, the basics kind of involve martial arts. Using Chi to surpass normal human limitations. The under belly of gangs and factions, all looking to get their names out there. New Waves kind of died down recently, I think it's because they're getting ready for something big.

I don't like giving scores for on-going series, but if I had to, I'd give The Breaker(Including The Breaker New Waves) a solid 8/10.
Artwork is amazing, characters actually stick to themselves, all that jazz. Just remember, read The Breaker THEN The Breaker: New Waves.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:35 pm

Kinda surprised no one called me out on the Avengers having 22 members when normally people would just expect the 5 from the movie...

On the subject of Kuroko teleportation powers is it possible that she could teleport someone into a wall? Kinda makes you wonder why she hasn't done that to Touma yet given that he's a bit of a "distraction" to Her & Misaka's "love affair"

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:17 am

Seeing as only 2 ppl responded...I was implying all the members. Still doesn't change the fact cross universe fights are pointless.

Multiple theories for that. She probably doesn't think that gruesomely. The thought, of killing someone that way, may break her focus. She's never tried it.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:59 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Not even. Accelerator could slow down Hulk just enough for him to touch him. Mess up his bodily functions and done.

I just realised what you meant. No, I was saying Accelerator would throw Hulk into the sun. Sorry I did not specify. I thought it was obvious who would win.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:01 am

I was saying that he didn't need to put that much energy in it.
Instead of blasting him out the atmosphere, he could just kill him.
See, I wanted to argue it. Saying that maybe gamma radiation may interefere.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:34 am

Does radiation not rely on vectors? He is the most OP character. He could just tap the ground with his foot and Hulk would be gone. In fact if he put that little effort into it every time the Touma would never have beaten him. But I guess the writer knew that when a character is truly unbeatable it is just boring

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:08 pm

I meant that the radiation could be unaffected by esper powers all together.
Or it reduces the effects.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:11 pm

Who knows, I guess it is another case of what happens when you try to cross universes. I found a really excellent artist and here is one of his works. I thought you might like it because you would actually get the joke. Image

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:14 pm

That's so mean... xD
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:04 pm

Sakura's design is so cool. Is she really as useless as they say? You would think that being the third main character in a manga would account for something. But being a female character in a shounen manga seems to counteract that. At least no female character could be as useless as Misa from death note

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:16 pm

lol...
Oh you poor thing. You think Sakura is a third MC. You think she's part of the main cast...
Oh you poor, poor lost soul... Rin was more of a character than Sakura....
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:28 pm

"Poor thing"? I have seen about two episodes in season one. I referred to her as the third main character because from what little I saw and also promotional art, the show was mainly about her, Naruto and and Sasuke. Weather that changed over however many chapters and seasons due to her being ineffectual, I don't know.

But honestly she can't be as annoying as Misa from death note, can she?

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:01 pm

Whether*

c:
You know I love you <3
Sakura was useless from the start. Anyone that wants to argue with me. Genjutsu...

Deathnote is...3rd, 4th on my watch list.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:19 pm

Still not as useless as Orihime

http://www.jefusion.com/2013/10/disc-wa ... -2014.html
Ok shit just got weird.

Postby Cerulean » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:35 pm

The last time that I remember Sakura being "useful" was around the time that they tried rescuing Gaara (and healing in this war too, but then she (and everyone else) is having their skills amplified by Naruto's chakra so yea....). Her most annoying moment for me though? When she thought that it was a brilliant idea to fake her love for Naruto to try to stop him from going after Sasuke anymore. As if she was the sole reason he was still trying to get Sasuke back :x That is the one moment that I'll probably always remember her for. At least that is the most vivid image of her that I have in my mind.

She tries hard, I'll give her that, but for me she still comes off as more of a side character instead of a main character. Not necessarily her fault though since she doesn't exactly get the same amount of spotlight that Naruto/Sasuke do, but still....From the start it would seem that it was always destined for those two to be the big main characters. She just comes off as minor in comparison (doesn't help that we constantly see these two improve/train whereas we barely ever see Sakura go through any sort of training (sort of getting the same treatment as the other side characters who improve offscreen/offpage)). Healing is important (especially now), but you can't help but notice that she's still on the sidelines watching (although I'll admit that it is pretty hard to heal and attack at the same time). It sort of comes off as a mismatched team when you compare her to the rest of Team 7, but hey someone has to heal....
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:50 pm

Too bad Naruto and Sasuke have high speed regeneration.

Sakura was supposed to get her spotlight here, but noooooooooo. Had to sit her back AGAIN.

I argue the Orihime statement. I think she's quite useful.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:02 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:I argue the Orihime statement. I think she's quite useful.

Really? Because from what I've seen she basically played the role of Princess Peach for a good chunk of Bleach, while every other supporting character was flawlessly beating down the villains.

Sakura's plans of faking her love between the bromance may have been stupid but at least she tried something compared to Orihime's nothingness.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:10 pm

The foresight of Sakura's attempt is so stupid, it would equal the kid in my geometry class a couple years back...she asked...
"If 2 negatives equal a positive, wouldn't 2 positives equal a negative?"
Thqt was the day I gave up hope for that school...and a little part of my died...

Anyways, from my memory, Orihime has 'pulled' Ichigo back, healed him on multiple occasions. She would also be okay with petty stuff, like delivering messages.

Sakura on the other hand...'oh I'm always so far behind' No shit, they have fucking demons in them. It's the fact that she keeps comparing herself to people that are naturally/uncontrollably out of her league that annoys me. She's strong. She can be useful. But, not if she constantly compares herself to the shadow being casted over her.

Yo, I feel all inspirational tonight c:
Tired tho, G'night all! :3
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:23 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:The foresight of Sakura's attempt is so stupid, it would equal the kid in my geometry class a couple years back...she asked...
"If 2 negatives equal a positive, wouldn't 2 positives equal a negative?"
Thqt was the day I gave up hope for that school...and a little part of my died...
Wait... So.... You're saying they.... Don't? Suddenly my having failed Maths is starting to make allot more sense.
dj1107 wrote:http://www.jefusion.com/2013/10/disc-wars-avengers-anime-coming-this-spring-2014.html
Ok shit just got weird.
Wow, Look at that. You can now officially talk about Avengers in this thread. Hurrah.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)