Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

Postby Krest » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:01 am

ari-6 wrote:I actually meant Franky but you helped my point. I just can not bring myself to like these character designs. And no matter how good the writing is, I doubt it could top Madoka or SNK in my opinion.

AHAHAHAHAH!!!

Those are NOTHING compared to One Piece! xD
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby ari-6 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:33 am

You make One Piece sound awfully over rated.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby DarkDsurion » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:20 am

It's not that One Piece is bad (in fact its one of the 4 most popular anime/manga series along Bleach, Naruto and Fairy Tail), but to be popular doesn't mean to be the best.
Nom Nom Nom Nom.......would you like some cheese with your wine?
Nut Up or Shut Up

Postby Krest » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:21 pm

ari-6 wrote:You make One Piece sound awfully over rated.

I'm not overrating it. It is, honestly, far superior to Madoka and SNK. There are definitely many series that are better than One Piece, imo, but those two aren't.

Postby ari-6 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:28 pm

That is a matter of opinion. And when you say things like "nothing" in comparison, you just sound silly. What would you say is a series that is superior to One Piece? Bleach?
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Cerulean » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:30 pm

Y'all aren't scaring me off that easy :p

@Krest yep I am blue, my former username was bluebluetopaz before I had it changed.

@ari You'll never know whether or not the writing for One Piece surpasses/equals/loses to the writing of shows like Shingeki no Kyojin or Mahou Shoujo Madoka unless you read it c: I can understand why you haven't read it so far though (and it is perfectly fine if you never choose to read it), I've had experiences with plenty of shows/mangas that I just completely look over because the designs of the characters (or art) didn't appeal to me. One series that I am glad that I gave another chance was Kare Kano.

When I first saw the anime, I had a very hard time sitting through it. I think it was some combination of the animation and artwork that just felt a little off (I gave up on it pretty quickly). I gave the manga a shot a few months ago, and loved it though. Same thing happened with Hana Yori Dango.

I like to think that One Piece is in a league of its own (10+ years and we're barely at/over the halfway point in regards to plot). There are some predictable moments, but there are also moments that still manage to catch you off guard. I think that ultimately the characters are my favorite part of this series. We have so many characters involved in it, and somehow each manage to get at least some character development (and time to show off in areas of their specialty). There probably are better Shounen manga out there, but One Piece is my favorite of the Shounen that I have read thus far.

Oh and the laughs. Each (significant character) has a unique laugh. I love that.

and to wrap this all up, yes, I am of the female persuasion c:
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:49 pm

It is not like I have never considered reading it. It is just that years ago when the anime aired the plot really did not interest me. And the manga is 600+ chapters long. That is a lot of time for me. Not to mention shounen is my least favourite genera. I prefer to go for shorter series that are less of a risk as to weather I will enjoy them. Also I used to know somone who I talked to manga about, every time I would tell him about a series I am enjoying, he would make fun of it and assure me it was no where near as good as Naruto. Even though he had not even seen the anime I was talking about. So when someone belittles one of my favourite series to and big up theirs, this gives me a bad impression of whatever they are talking about. But I would like to agree to disagree. I will never truly know which writer is best, but personal preferance does play a big part. Situation defused.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Cerulean » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:59 pm

I undestand c: I get what you mean about chapter length. I'm trying to find time to read History's Greatest Disciple, but 500+ chapters :c I end up going to other series that are much shorter.

Have you ever read Kare Kano or Hana Yori Dango?

There was this manga that I remember skimming (a long time ago) because it was really uncomfortable to read. It was based off of the true story of this girl who was kidnapped by this group of high school aged boys. As I was reading it, I couldn't help but hope that she escaped, but as each chapter progressed the situation just got exceedingly worse. I don't think that I will ever finish reading it (Especially not after I read up on what actually happened). I think it was called 16 sai. I was curious about whether or not anyone else had heard of it?

Oh and DarkDsurion Welcome to the forums c: I hope you enjoy your stay here (and possibly even venture out to the other forums).
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:13 pm

I know, and sometimes the opposite is true. Recently I marathoned about 20 manga, all 10 chapters and under. Some I dropped after one chapter and some I think "Why is this not a long running series? I desperately want more". And after a couple of months I went back to one of them and found out it was ongoing! Hurrah for small miracles.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Cerulean » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:30 pm

I love that feeling (finding out that a series is ongoing after catching up on the chapters).

I've been trying to find a balance between watching anime and reading manga lately. I started watching Blood Lad last night, and so far it is ok. I'm shocked that apparently there will be only 10 episodes as opposed to the usual 13 or 26.

So is that a "no I haven't read these manga"?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:42 pm

I've watched Madoka and seen some of the SNK stuff. I would not have commented otherwise, just so you know.

I haven't looked into the Disciple thing yet.

Better than One Piece...?

That's hard to say. IMO I guess the .Hack series would be - but that's the only one I'm gonna test it with. .Hack is nowhere close to being my fav, though.

Honestly, I'm one of those people that liked the original Naruto far more than Shippuden.

Postby MissTikilicious » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:42 pm

Krest wrote:Honestly, I'm one of those people that liked the original Naruto far more than Shippuden.

Sad isn't it. I miss the old days when Obito was dead, Itachi was a hot BAMF sociopath and Orochimaru was the worst thing on campus. Seriously the only thing from shippuden that I like now is Sakura when she beats the crap out stuff(even if she doesn't do it that often anymore), Akatsuki before they all died and Madara/Hashirama ship tease.
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Krest » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:56 pm

MissTikilicious wrote:
Krest wrote:Honestly, I'm one of those people that liked the original Naruto far more than Shippuden.

Sad isn't it. I miss the old days

I'm starting to like you more and more...

The only thing I liked about Shippuden is Naruko - and that isn't even used much anymore.

--

MissTikilicious wrote:Wait-What? His    Mom was a Quincy   ? When the hell did this happen? I only got up the Fullbringer Arc then stopped reading when Kugo showed up. Don't know why but something about that guy just pissed me off. I liked Aizen more than that guy and that says something.

It was JUST revealed.       Randori    can be a total    *sshole    sometimes. He knew that was a life-or-death spoiler and let it out anyway. Unixmanga updates Bleach regularly. Use that to catch up.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:28 pm

Aw, I love everyone..especially Blue. c:

Just throwing this out there again, One Piece, is worth it. :p

Naruto never interested me too much, only few things that interested me...
Itachi, no matter what he does, everyone fucking loves him. He killed his entire family, best character. He wants to kill Naruto, best character. He's insane and wants Saskue's eyes, best character. Dies, best character. He's was lying and hiding his awfully hurtful past, takes off pants*. He comes back from the dead, YAY. He broke the limitations that came from his death...accidentally, he's a genius and best character. He suicides again, BEST FUCKING CHARACTER TO TOUCH THE PLANET!
and also...the limitations given to each character are stretched amazingly. Naruto's got 2-3 jutsus? Half a thousand strategies with those though.
And of course, Shikamaru's the true Hokage.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MissTikilicious » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:40 pm

I've always been a fan of Naruto, mainly for Itachi and most of Akatsuki but at this point I'm only keeping up with it cause I just wanna get to the end and see Naruto become Hokage and make a law that says Ramen is Konoha's National Food. Oh and I want Obito to die...like for real this time.
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:46 pm

I kind of always wanted Naruto to...'rest'.

Shikamaru for Hokage! 2013!
I also can't believe I forgot to mention Hinata...I'm ashamed. Hinata's probably my favorite character, and the main reason why Naruto can't die >.>
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:53 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:I kind of always wanted Naruto to...'rest'.

I also can't believe I forgot to mention Hinata...I'm ashamed. Hinata's probably my favorite character, and the main reason why Naruto can't die >.>

Oh, dude - have you seen her in the Naruko comics? She's a freakin' badmouth. It's awesome!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:11 pm

There's a handful of things I want to find, read, watch, etc
But my time becomes limited :p
Link it and one day I'll get around to it.
Page 10 of the thread is pretty easy to remember.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:46 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:There's a handful of things I want to find, read, watch, etc
But my time becomes limited :p
Link it and one day I'll get around to it.
Page 10 of the thread is pretty easy to remember.

http://manicomio19.deviantart.com/gallery/38057563#

Just keep reading. There's actually not that many pages.

Postby MissTikilicious » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:56 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:I kind of always wanted Naruto to...'rest'.

Rest?
Shikamaru is the more logical choice but then I eat a bowl of ramen and I really imagine what would if Naruto did become Hokage. Actually there is a really fanfiction that is a realistic outcome of Naruto becoming Hokage. It's just getting started but it's really good so far.
Ahhhh Hinata...In that whole manga, Hinata is the one genuinely kind person.
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby Krest » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:03 pm

MissTikilicious wrote:Ahhhh Hinata...In that whole manga, Hinata is the one genuinely kind person.

You should DEFINITELY read the comic I linked then. You'll be flabbergasted.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:12 pm

'Rest' = In Peace.

I didn't exactly read your link yet, but I see that Naruto's a bit...perky. Mind nudging me a bit more, cuz it just dropped in my list.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:58 pm

Naruko is the female version of Naruto. She's loved by fans since she's so direct in nature.

The comic I linked is based on a universe where Naruko exists instead of Naruto - this has caused many characters to have VERY different personalities from the ones we know of in Naruto's universe.

--

Also, I just discovered a new anime called Skyland. I'm going to finish watching Shezow first but Skyland has been added to my list. It's pretty cool. http://dubbed-scene.com/cartoon/skyland

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:01 pm

I got that from looking at it, but is there any redeeming qualities about it?
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:48 pm

Dunno, other than the summary:

World's broken apart so everyone lives in the sky, so to speak. About everybody has supernatural powers... Pirates fight the government... So, it's kind of like a Superpeople version of Eureka 7. I think.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)