Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Anime/Manga-Spoilers All Over

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:34 pm

Wonder if he'll be connected to that underground fight ring.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:10 am

....you know what? I forgot all about that underground fight ring. I take back what I said before.

Also, yes, that'd be a pleasant surprise. One that I really want to see now.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:26 am

Yay! Hope restored :D
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:40 pm

ULTRADJ wrote:I will have to re watch most if not all of the Digimons one day. I think I watched all of the first one, but none of the second one, some of the third, most of the forth, some of the fifth, and none of the sixth.

Really you never watched any of Adventure 02? I'm quite surprised given that was immediately after the First series & was around the time when Fox Kids was at it's best with action shows.
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby SantaUltraDJClaus » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:22 pm

I don't know why, but I missed out on watching some of the digimons for some reason. I watched a majority of them, but not all. Maybe it was because I was really young when I watched them and forgot some of it? I'm not sure, but I will watch them again someday.
Pro Snafu Mods Supporter 2k14
Just Rockin

Postby dj1107 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:43 pm

To give the basic premise of Adventure 02: 3 years have past since the events of the Original series (The original took place in '99 while this series takes place in 2002 hence the name) a new villain by the name of The Digimon Emperor becomes the latest threat to the Digital World wishing to control every Digimon via Dark rings he created & basically play god in that world. Things are made worst when it's revealed the Original 8's Digimon can't digivolve to fight this threat (There is an explanation). Three new Digidestined (Davis Yolei & Cody) along with the 2 youngest of the Originals (T.K. & Kari) are chosen to stop him & save the world as usual. & That's just the first 21 episodes which outside of 1 or 2 continuity errors & one dropped plotline was the best arc of that season.

Postby SantaUltraDJClaus » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:50 am

It does sound pretty interesting. May I ask what were the continuity errors and dropped plot line if it isn't too much trouble?
Just Rockin

Postby dj1107 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:14 am

The continuity errors basically lies in the fact that our new kids Davis Yolei & Cody don't seem to know what Digimon are nor what the Digital World is.....Despite the fact that 3 years prior Japan was invaded by Myotismon & that the Digital World was seen through the skys world wide teleporting Digimon sporadically to where no one could forget that.

The dropped plotline that stems from just one episode & the only reason to watch it is to learn what the dark ocean is. The episode is called "His Master's Voice" and was written by Chiaki J. Konaka who went onto Digimon Tamers (as well as Ultraman Gaia) essentially about a Cthulu based Digimon named Dagomon planning to lure Kari to his realm & make her his queen stated by his minions who she helped. She was ultimately saved & despite Dagomon giving us an eerie cliffhanger featuring a shadowed version of him.....He's never referred to again for the rest of the series. Fans are hoping that this loose end gets closure with the new series coming up.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:22 am

It wasn't until that episode I noticed just how much Divemon actually DO look like Deep Ones.

The one thing that interests me most is how they will fit this new series in with the postscript. My memory is a little fuzzy, but I seem to recall the last episode of 02 had clips of all of the Tamers as adults, with blurbs about what careers they had, as well as of their wives and kids (who appeared to have kids of the 02 Tamers digimon) Is the new series supposed to happen before or after that?
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby dj1107 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:46 am

Mon-Kitsune wrote:It wasn't until that episode I noticed just how much Divemon actually DO look like Deep Ones.

The one thing that interests me most is how they will fit this new series in with the postscript. My memory is a little fuzzy, but I seem to recall the last episode of 02 had clips of all of the Tamers as adults, with blurbs about what careers they had, as well as of their wives and kids (who appeared to have kids of the 02 Tamers digimon) Is the new series supposed to happen before or after that?

The new series takes place in the year 2005 so yeah it happens before the cheesy epilogue (which took place in the year 2027). Whether or not that epilogue will be retconned given the mixed reception behind it is up in the air at this point.

Postby ari-6 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:33 pm

I hope that means Sora and Tai would get together. That is literally the only good I can see coming from a reboot. With it being set three years later I guess it will most likely have a new cast. I always thought it would be interesting to see a girl wearing the goggles for once but I would settle for anything except Davis and the other less than interesting characters.
I am too young to have freaking carpal tunnel!
Im Making This Up As I Go
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:07 pm

ari-6 wrote:I hope that means Sora and Tai would get together. That is literally the only good I can see coming from a reboot. With it being set three years later I guess it will most likely have a new cast. I always thought it would be interesting to see a girl wearing the goggles for once but I would settle for anything except Davis and the other less than interesting characters.

The new series will focus on the Original cast ( 6 of the 12 now in High School) & it's not a reboot it's continuation 3 years after the events of 02.

Postby ari-6 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:16 pm

02 was a sequel and that had a new cast.
I am too young to have freaking carpal tunnel!
Im Making This Up As I Go
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:24 pm

ari-6 wrote:02 was a sequel and that had a new cast.

I'm saying that it's been flat out stated when it was announced that the new series will focus on the original characters from the first series.

Postby SantaUltraDJClaus » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:54 pm

An actual new series to focus on the original Digidestined? Wow, maybe I'll push up watching Digimon closer now. I didn't watch the last Digimon season, Xros Wars, but I did see the part at the end where all the main characters, only the main boys like Tai and such, from the other Digimon series team up and battle Digimon. That's all I know, I don't know what was going on though and the details of it.
Just Rockin

Postby dj1107 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:30 pm

I never watched that season but from what I've gathered it was some kind of space-time distortion thing going on that caused some previous season characters to pop up though they were considered cameos at best.

I'm just happy to see the original cast again since the last thing I saw them in was the "Revenge of Diaboromon" movie which was an ok final appearance for the them & was a pretty enjoyable sequel to the best of the 4 movie that featured the Adventure/02 cast. It just needed more Mimi damn it.

Postby Cerulean » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:51 pm

It feels like ages since the last time I watched Digimon. Still, I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully memories are jogged as I'm watching. Or they give a very small recap or something.

Tenshi Nova wrote:Yay! Hope restored :D

Woooo c:
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Cerulean wrote:It feels like ages since the last time I watched Digimon. Still, I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully memories are jogged as I'm watching. Or they give a very small recap or something.

Ultimately the biggest changes that happen to the original cast (save TK & Kari who were mainstays in 02) during the last time we saw them outside of normal life routine (middle school, & Jou going into med-school to continue his goals to becoming a doctor) was that Mimi (The girly girl who wore the cowboy hat & had an unlucky streak of bottom feeder Digimon having the hots for her) moved to America & That Matt (The blondy cool kid of the group & TK's older brother) & Sora (the tomboy with the dumb blue hat) became an item during the 3 year time skip to 02 which was met with.....very heartbroken reception to people who shipped her with Tai......not that I was one of them or anything......-sobs in corner with 13 years ago DJ1107-

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:05 am

Magi has had me in the 'oh shit' mood for so long.

I must know how Hakuryuu killer her!
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:47 pm

I knoooow right?

I hope they show how it went down in the next chapter. I'm having a hard time believing that she's actually dead...
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby dj1107 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:41 pm

Postby dj1107 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:13 am

Sorry to double post but I needed to revive this thread to announced that I've finished Steel Ball Run & with my read through of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Overall SBR was great. The transition to Shonen Jumps other imprint Ultra Jumo really helped flesh out the writing (going from 20 something pages to 30 or 40). Johnny & Gyro have equal amounts of epic moments, & the villain of Part 7 is great probably ranking #3 of best JoJo villains. Shout out to the abundance of side characters too best one's being: Ringo Roadagain, Mountain Tim, Wekapipo, Diego Brando, Lucy Steel, Hot Pants, & Magenta Magenta.

As a whole JoJo was a very weird very fun experience for me. Both in the scenario's characters went through & just seeing a long running manga series without a set protagonist. I loved it for that & for just being all around a great underdog series. Now I could go onto Part 8: JoJolion buuut I'm going to sit that part out for a few years until it's completed (sorry Gappy your 4 testicles & sailor suit will have to wait.)

My final rating for the arcs:
1. Steel Ball Run
2. Diamonds are Unbreakable
3. Battle Tendency
4. Phantom Blood
5. Stardust Crusaders
6. Stone Ocean
7. Vento Areo

So originally I was going to tackle DB or HnK after I was finished with JJBA but consider the excellent timing & because the movie reminded me that I'm still a closet shipper........2015's going to be the year of a certain ninja for me. Going to tackle 700 chapters, a movie & a mini-series on his son. 2015 gonna be the year where DJ goes mainstream with Naruto.

Postby SantaUltraDJClaus » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:25 am

Good luck! I'm already tackling Naruto myself! Just gotta decide what manga to read after I'm finished with it.
Just Rockin

Postby dj1107 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:39 pm

SantaUltraDJClaus wrote:Good luck! I'm already tackling Naruto myself! Just gotta decide what manga to read after I'm finished with it.

Just be careful when you get to the movie "The Last" it will kill you with the fluffiness. I know I died from all of it like 40 times
https://38.media.tumblr.com/80f3aac2e73 ... 1_1280.jpg
F***! -drops dead-

Also they back

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)